2012 - Mika Tells Instinct, “Yeah, I’m gay.”

dcdeb

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why would he lose his fan base? Everyone who has ever listened to his lyrics already knew this and people genuinely interested in music don't care. And girls who only want to marry him find new imaginery boy friends all the time any way...

This was so true in 2007 especially. For people who loved him, for people who hated him. And you're right the teenage girls who couldn't see it are long gone. Only the ones who understood do I still see around the community and going to gigs.

Crushes don't last forever. You either like his music or you don't.

I just can't believe this was easy for him. I read someone (not a fan) commenting on FB he is doing all this to promote his album. So he didn't openly talk about this during his first two albums because he knew that releasing his third one would be commercially perfect moment???

The irony of this statement is that he has been criticized for 6 years for not coming out, ALSO because he supposedly had commercial interests! :aah:

Someone somewhere is always going to criticize a person in the public eye for whatever move they make. What can you do? He was probably 22 years old when he made the decision not to enter public life as a gay artist and it was always going to have consequences, some probably good and some negative.

Anyone with compassion will understand why someone would make that decision at that age and at that time and people who don't understand it (and probably never had any interest in Mika as an artist anyway) will forget about it by next week and move on to projecting their personal frustrations onto some other celebrity.

He said it as he doubtless smells best in the head.

Is this a French saying? What does it mean exactly? I don't know if we have an English equivalent. :naughty:

But now, I am afraid for him that the media are even more pressing with their questions, and paparazzi never leave him quiet! :sneaky2:

Really, does anyone care about this except his fans and the gay press? :dunno:

This is the death of our long "Mika's entertaining a lady in..."threads...I'm sad....:naughty:

Oh shame :lmfao:

WAG video makes me laugh:naughty: but this not Mika who directed and created this video.

Much of the detail in the video was Mika's. He used gifts given to him by fans and that crazy penis hat he was wearing came from one of his favourite designers. The same guy who made the naked man necklace.

Finally, I'm afraid that people in general (not the fan base) and the whole media prefer to discuss about Mika sexuality than his work. I say that because I worked for years about Richard Dadd and on the critic fortune of this artist and I was so sad that so much people see him just as a mad man who killed his father and finished his life in psychiatric hospital while his work is unique and has inspired many artists. I don't want that this kind of things happens to Mika he didn't deserve it :doh:

Sephira I am glad you said this because I couldn't help wonder yesterday why you said that you don't care about this topic and yet you are always involved in these threads where we are discussing statements Mika has made about his sexuality. I think I understand where you're coming from now. :thumb_yello:

But you know the situation is what it is and the chips are going to have to fall where they may. Everyone has always known that Mika was gay and in these political times it's going to do someone's reputation more harm than good to not be up front about their sexuality. Mika's coy games worked in 2007 but he wouldn't have any credibility to continue on the same way in 2012. Times have changed even in 5 short years. The only way to really avoid this whole situation is to be straight. :naughty:

Why don't agree that this is true? This can be seen, even the blind man. Just do not want to think so. But the reality is the same as his words about himself. It is a fact.

Tiibet's point is that this isn't something he could have known when he was 22 years old. He wasn't plotting in 2006 to come out in 2012 because he would sell more albums that way.

Mika was always going to come out, it was just a matter of time. Yes he could have done it a year ago when he had no album to sell. He could have waited another 2 years to come out when he had no album to sell. But he's doing it now. He's doing it at a time when he is scheduled for all these interviews anyway. He's doing it at a time when he is promoting an album about a relationship and he will have to discuss that relationship. If he didn't come out now he would spend a year talking about this relationship and being forced to hide the fact that it was a relationship with a man.

Is this really such a crime? Come on. :blink:

Mika talked all sorts of nonsense about his other albums to sell music. He even admitted it the other day. He said it was much easier to talk about TOOL because there is a reality in each and every one of the lyrics, whereas before he just had to make things up to talk about.

I find it ridiculous that anyone wants to crucify him for finally being honest. As if there is more integrity in the alternative. :doh:

I am writing awkward. I know. I still do not know the language. I wanted to say that should not deny the fact that he was in a hurry to tell everything for promote the album. To draw attention to the album. This is clear as day.

I understand what you mean.. some apparently use 'gay code' for their fame or promotional purpose. and I hope and think he's not doing this. If he want to draw attention from public, he should have announced this just after releasing his album, in front of some important press I think.:naughty: Happy he is not doing that!

Why is everyone so scared of him losing his fanbase anyway? Adam Lambert is gay and he has many fans, just like the Scissor Sisters, Elton John, George Michael etc. etc. Being gay does not necessarily mean your career will be dead.

Why is everyone so scared of him losing his fanbase anyway? Adam Lambert is gay and he has many fans, just like the Scissor Sisters, Elton John, George Michael etc. etc. Being gay does not necessarily mean your career will be dead.

I totally agree with you!

+1 !!! I'm not scared of it.. It kinda was obvious a long time ago arleady.. And I still love him and his music and what's hes doing overall.. I don't care about his orientation AT ALL.. It's not like he's a different person now when he said it out.. He's still the same great guy who knows what he's doing.. and that's it.. His fans will not disappear anywhere...

Just adding Ingie.. Freddie Mercury was gay, too.:wink2: And look how loved he was.. and still is.

Don't forget about Freddie:wink2:

We love Mika like he is and not like we want to have him.

:thumb_yello:

I will always moan about this song or that hat if it doesn't suit my tastes. But this is personal. This is who he is and I will never judge or criticize him for it.

I was a delusional teen George Michael fangurl once upon a time. Even 20 years ago you just learned to get over it. :naughty:

One common thing of those artists you mention - None of them held a concert in Korea. , and has less fame in Korea when compared to other parts of countries. It's not matter of banned, matter of 'Being ignored' by public. Can you understand why I felt scared? I want to see Mika doing concert in my home country.

Edited by Yuna

I walked not in my church. In his church, which he turned away.

Lena the church turned its back on Mika, not the other way around. They promote the condemnation of people who are not straight. I am not a Christian and I do not believe in god but even I can see that this makes no sense and is a corruption of the teachings of Jesus.

I could never agree with those random comments. I think his strategy with the new album is to be real and honest and to share his happiness and I think it's the right thing to do and also possible still keeping his privacy. And for me he looks happy, even relieved and I'm very happy for him and hope this can only make things easier for him in the future :thumb_yello:

I understand that I can not argue anything to those who sincerely considers that everything happens for the best for him.

Bull****. Just let the man be happy with who he is and don't try to find excuses because he finally says what we've known all along. There is no need to pray for him, because he hasn't done anything wrong. There is nothing wrong with being gay and the bible actually states that God loves all his children. And it does not matter if his children are straight or gay or black or white. I understand that you live in a country where homosexuality is not as accepted as it is in other parts of the world, but to say that this is all just a stunt to promote his album, that's nonsense. Live and let live.

Yes, I know a habit misinterpret the Bible to suit itself and rip the words out of context. Or just to attack the church. This is the "good tradition" It's not you to decide. "Live and let live" .This is the same as indifference.

I like it. You accuse my country in my face). And thank God that it is not like yours. Your PNVD is still alive?

It might look like that indeed, but I think that is untrue. Read Tiibet's post a few pages back, I agree with her. It is Mika's 3th album, why didn't he come out at his 1st or 2nd ten?

To 1st it was better not to say anything, but to arrange an intrigue. to 2st to say half. And to 3st tell all. But I hope he don't was sooo forethought.

It´s only clear for you Lena because you want to believe this. For the most of us it is clear that he feels it´s time to share his happiness. And we all are happy that he is happy. And also most of us don´t have any problems with his sexuality like you seem to have it. We love Mika like he is and not like we want to have him.

All always telling me what I want to believe in something.) Even now. When I have nothing left. Although I found)

+1 !!! I'm not scared of it.. It kinda was obvious a long time ago arleady.. And I still love him and his music and what's hes doing overall.. I don't care about his orientation AT ALL.. It's not like he's a different person now when he said it out.. He's still the same great guy who knows what he's doing.. and that's it.. His fans will not disappear anywhere...

Just adding Ingie.. Freddie Mercury was gay, too.:wink2: And look how loved he was.. and still is.

I figured Freddie was pretty obvious:naughty:

I was a delusional teen George Michael fangurl once upon a time. Even 20 years ago you just learned to get over it. :naughty:

So was my mum:naughty:

One common thing of those artists you mention - None of them held a concert in Korea. , and has less fame in Korea when compared to other parts of countries. It's not matter of banned, matter of 'Being ignored' by public. Can you understand why I felt scared? I want to see Mika doing concert in my home country.

I understand and I sincerely hope he will keep coming to your country:thumb_yello:

Yes, I know a habit misinterpret the Bible to suit itself and rip the words out of context. Or just to attack the church. This is the "good tradition" It's not you to decide. "Live and let live" .This is the same as indifference.

I like it. You accuse my country in my face). And thank God that it is not like yours. Your PNVD is still alive?

I hope you do know that researchers actually proved the bible was translated incorrectly to suit certain people's views? It's not the "good tradition." I have no interest in supporting an organisation who condemn people who are in love with whoever they fall in love with, but do protect priests who sexually abuse little boys and only cares about wealth and power. I have nothing against Christianity as a religion, because a large part of my family is religious, but blindly following what was written in a book without questioning if it still applies to the world today, is not what I want to support. Besides, everything that has too much power is potentially dangerous.

I am not insulting your country. It is a fact that Russia is more conservative, just like Poland is more conservative. I have a Polish stepfamily, so I know that. I don't see what is insulting about the truth?

And it is not actually, after firm protest from our people. But hey, it's not like the Christian church is very vocal against pedophiles. On the contrary.

What is PNVD?

Oh my god ... I'm so so shocked ... I had no idea ... this changes everything ... I can now no longer look at him the same way ... I will never be his wife ... my dreams are ... B.R.O.K.E.N. I need to leave ... I'm inconsolable

*makes dramatic exit stage left*

:mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

:floor:

I hope the 'is he, isn't he' debate can finally be put to rest (I'm really bored with it) and we can get on with appreciating Mika for what he is - a beautiful person and amazing singer, songwriter and musician. :thumb_yello:

:yay: for Mika and I hope he and his partner will be very happy for a long long time.

Beautiful post, had to quote it! :wub2:

Many of us felt that his comment about asking to e called 'bisexual' if needed was just an unfortunate way of wording that he did not feel comfortable about discussing his sexuality back in 2009.

I'm happy he is comfortable about it now - it will make his life much easier and at the same time encourage and reassure other young people about coming to terms with their own sexual identity.

So true!

The last few weeks it became so obvious (imo) that it wasn't going to last much longer before he'd really clear things up in public, "come straight" as they said in the article :naughty: I'm really looking forward to the entire interview!

I heard a podcast recently that was an interview with a comedian about my age. Even though he was out to all his friends and family he was making his first public declaration during the interview and it was very interesting to hear him discuss all his fears and anxiety about the whole situation. Intellectually he knew he was doing the right thing. He had decided to come forward because of the epidemic of gay suicides. But it still provoked a lot of anxiety.

I don't know if it's still available on line but I will try to post it because I found it very interesting and it really made me empathize with him and his circumstances even though I can't directly relate to what he's going through.

Oh that would be interesting :thumb_yello:

This is the death of our long "Mika's entertaining a lady in..."threads...I'm sad....:naughty:

LOL! Shame :aah:

yuna[/b]; 3753289] I understand what you mean .. some apparently use 'gay code' for their fame or promotional purpose. and I hope and think he's not doing this. If he want to draw attention from public, he should have announced this just after releasing his album, in front of some important press I think.: Naughty: Happy he is not doing that! [/ QUOTE]

Okay, I give my rose-colored glasses for you.

christine[/b]; 3753318] Lena the church turned its back on Mika, not the other way around. They promote the condemnation of people who are not straight. I am not a Christian and I do not believe in god but even I can see that this makes no sense and is a corruption of the teachings of Jesus. [/ QUOTE]

I like it ... To blame the church, the Bible, the priests. But not a man. When the church turned its back on him? Its doctrines do not give to live as you want? I have not heard a word the charges against him. The church does not turn away. people are beginning to despise it, when their life does not fit with the church rules.

yuna[/b]; 3753289] I understand what you mean .. some apparently use 'gay code' for their fame or promotional purpose. and I hope and think he's not doing this. If he want to draw attention from public, he should have announced this just after releasing his album, in front of some important press I think.: Naughty: Happy he is not doing that! [/ QUOTE]

christine[/b]; 3753318] Lena the church turned its back on Mika, not the other way around. They promote the condemnation of people who are not straight. I am not a Christian and I do not believe in god but even I can see that this makes no sense and is a corruption of the teachings of Jesus. [/ QUOTE]

I like it ... To blame the church, the Bible, the priests. But not a man. When the church turned its back on him? Its doctrines do not give to live as you want? I have not heard a word the charges against him. The church does not turn away. people are beginning to despise it, when their life does not fit with the church rules.

Why do you think he would like to draw attention from public with saying this????

and who's the church to say how people have to live??