Listen to bits of Mika's album on Youtube!

mellody

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the melody from the Overrated demo used in the new song?

A little bit, yes. "Overrated... Overrated... Overrated in this g*ddamn world..."

That bit. With a heavy, driving, almost Calvin-Harris-like dance beat. :dunno:

I'm so happy that Love You When I'm Drunk is so insanely awesome :wub2:

With a title that amazing it needed to be :naughty:

I expected Overrated to sound like that actually, can you imagine Mika performing this song? I'm looking forward to seeing him perform these amazing songs live this fall and winter :wub2:

Popular really was inspired by Wicked the musical it seems :blink:

This damn album has exceeded every expectation I had ! I'm in LOVE with almost all the songs. My favourites are UNDERWATER !! TOOL ! LYWID , SWM , Heroes , Stardust , Lola. Honestly all of them ! My least favourites are Kids , Celebrate and Emily. And I love what he did with Overrated ! :mikalove:

btw, i just noticed you can jump to the different songs by clicking on them in the picture. didn't notice that first. :teehee:

Oh, thanks for that -- I didn't realize it, either! :thumb_yello:

I am a strong woman. :wink2:

Oh and I don't have access to YouTube. :sneaky2::naughty:

Well, that helps then. :naughty:

Overrated is everything I feared it would be, but that bit of Underwater sounds even more beautiful than during the live performances, and that includes the one where I was present :wub2:

Totally agree on Underwater -- it's perfection. :fangurl:

And I don't mind Underwater this way -- as someone else said, I think it'll

be great to see him perform it live. :mikalove:

Underwater,Stardust,Kids,Step with Me,Popular song and Love you when I'm drunk:wub2:Wow,can't wait!!!!This must be the best pop album in 2012!!!!Just want Kids or Stardust could be the single!!!!!!Love this album,In MIKA,we trust.:teehee:

What can I say....very pure electro-pop, album sounds very complete like these is nothing more to add! I suppose to love Stardust, Kids and Love You When I'm Drunk very, very much :wub2: It's my choise of a day :aah: But I love all the other songs as well :fisch: Perhaps Heroes is a bit boring for me, but all my hope about this song is for lyrics :teehee:

I feared he was going to start yodeling when I heard the first few seconds of Love You When I'm Drunk lol

Must just add how happy the english version of Elle Me Dit makes me feel :mikalove:

ha-ha, I had the same thoughts :aah: Cool song :thumb_yello:

Joy... Joy a lot, Joy overdose actually... .that's what I felt for the first time.

it's complicated but kinda love it. Too much joy can't be bad thing.. :aah:

My Fave after 1st listen : TOOL, Lola, Make you Happy, Step with Me

Thanks god TOOL is way better than what I heard from radio just before heaven gig... :naughty:

Sorry god I love Underwater live ver more....hmmm :aah:

Edited by Yuna

I feared he was going to start yodeling when I heard the first few seconds of Love You When I'm Drunk lol

Must just add how happy the english version of Elle Me Dit makes me feel :mikalove:

oh-oh, I imagine men in Kilts dancing squatting or something like this :blink::teehee:

This is just TOO MUCH HAPPINESS :swoon:

Okay, he has ruined Overrated. I want to slap him too. But, Underwater is even more beautiful than it was, seriously :wub2::wub2::wub2: And Heroes is an amazing song, it will definitely be one of my favorites. And Love You When I'm Drunk is such a funny, silly, crazy song!! The album version for Lola is brilliant, but already knew that after Milan.

Must love him, sigh.

i don't like overrated so far, but i'll wait for the full version to make a decision. ;) maybe it's just because they only play the chorus and i know that line too well from the demo version so it sounds wrong to me. :teehee:

the more i listen to SWM in this version, the more i get used to it. i'm still sad about the loss of the faster version, but i love this one too. :wub2:

(btw, the abbreviation SWM reminds me of our local power supplyer, Stadtwerke München = SWM, swm.de :naughty:)

about emily, i think the "dance with me emily" was louder in the milan version - it made me laugh, was really funny! that's not there anymore now, but i can understand that he didn't want people to start laughing when listening to his song. :teehee:

the new version of myh irritates me somehow - it doesn't sound as different as i had expected, still vocoding, just additional strings. and a different text, and that's what irritates me. :annoyed_h4h: it's like something you're used to and like, and then it's suddenly different. guess i'll have to get used to it first, like to the other version. :pinkbow:

i think i like stardust more than i liked it in milan. i definitely like kids more. heroes too, though the song has something about it that disturbs me, can't say what it is, but it keeps me from loving it. so far. :bleh:

and well, like i said, tool, popular, uw and drunk are fantastic! :fangurl: ok, and swm too. my power supplyer. :naughty: