Listen to bits of Mika's album on Youtube!

mellody

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it, but those of you who loved the original Overrated are

probably going to be sorely disappointed. I like it, but it's not what you

are used to hearing AT ALL. Sorry.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!:shocked::shocked:

Must...resist...sooo....difficult....

How can you do that?!! I can't stop listening to the sampler! Well I want to hear the whole songs soooo badly but this is still happiness! There are several brilliant songs, some of them (like UW and Lola) sound even better than I ever could expect :wub2: Some songs are so crazy and make me smile, like Emily and Love You When I'm Drunk (@mellody: Emily was somehow funnier in Milan? It still makes me smile, in a good way).

There is still an acoustic version of Overrated to come so perhaps all is not lost. :wink2:

Do we know what the original edit of MYH is called? I really love it and want to make sure I get that version because the YouTube rip I have sounds crap on my iPod. I'll be interested to hear the new version with strings but I still want the original. I thought I would be bored of it by now but it's a really good song and I still love it.

How can you do that?!! I can't stop listening to the sampler! Well I want to hear the whole songs soooo badly but this is still happiness! There are several brilliant songs, some of them (like UW and Lola) sound even better than I ever could expect :wub2: Some songs are so crazy and make me smile, like Emily and Love You When I'm Drunk (@mellody: Emily was somehow funnier in Milan? It still makes me smile, in a good way).

you should've left the room when he did the 2 new songs in amsterdam on monday. :mf_rosetinted:

it's the studio versions, why resist? :teehee:

I want it all to be new:naughty: I did gasp when he said new song, but it would've been a bit rude to just walk away. Plus I can handle acoustic versions, but as I heard all of the second album before it was released, I just want this to be a surprise:naughty:

I love both versions of Overrated (at least so far with the new one), now we have a slow and beautiful version + one hell of a dance track :wub2:

But it's too slow to be a proper dance track.

I think Stardust might make a good single. I don't really like it so far, but it kind of sounds like stuff that does well in the charts, I think.

There is still an acoustic version of Overrated to come so perhaps all is not lost. :wink2:

Do we know what the original edit of MYH is called? I really love it and want to make sure I get that version because the YouTube rip I have sounds crap on my iPod. I'll be interested to hear the new version with strings but I still want the original. I thought I would be bored of it by now but it's a really good song and I still love it.

as the new one is the miami edit, the other one must be the LA edit - anyway that's what he told us in milan. :wink2:

I want it all to be new:naughty: I did gasp when he said new song, but it would've been a bit rude to just walk away. Plus I can handle acoustic versions, but as I heard all of the second album before it was released, I just want this to be a surprise:naughty:

tah dah will still be new. :naughty:

This is just TOO MUCH HAPPINESS :swoon:

Okay, he has ruined Overrated. I want to slap him too. But, Underwater is even more beautiful than it was, seriously :wub2::wub2::wub2: And Heroes is an amazing song, it will definitely be one of my favorites. And Love You When I'm Drunk is such a funny, silly, crazy song!! The album version for Lola is brilliant, but already knew that after Milan.

Must love him, sigh.

@Nina

He really spoiled Overrated!

But UW is better than I expected!

Why???!!! It has always been (and so far, always will be) my fave song of his. Why could he not just leave it as a love song on a love song album?

I have to say, it seemed to good to be true when I read that tweet saying it was on the album.

I hope it's not like I See You and I end up fast forwarding it as it make me sad that it changed so mush from I'm Falling. :blink:

Thanks for putting this up!:thumb_yello:

The Origin of Love (song) sounds really amazing, a bit like a deeper version of we are golden. Lola and stardust sound good. Underwater sounds fine too.

Step with me sounds different to live ( I'm not sure if I like it ATM) , and I agree with the person who said kids sounds less good on the album (maybe partly because he goes down an octave to sing 'make it worth fighting for')

Make you happy had never made me happy, and I don't think it ever will make me happy. And naturally, I don't like this version of Overrated. Love You when I'm Drunk sounds a bit crazy, more like Love you when I'm drugged!

But towards the end the lack of new material in popular song and Emily annoyed me.:sneaky2:

So a mixed bag... Dunno if I'll buy the whole album!

What do you think?

I love both versions of Overrated (at least so far with the new one), now we have a slow and beautiful version + one hell of a dance track :wub2:

Same here, I love them both! :wub2:

Overall Underwater is just lush, Heroes nearly made me cry- in a good way (I don't know why:aah:), Stardust is my fave on the album, and I adore the new version of MYH! :wub2: Basically there is not one song I hate.

But Kids is still growing on me...

OVERRATEDDDDD<!!!!!!!!!!!

:yay::yay: :yay:

child-very-excited1.jpg

A little bit, yes. "Overrated... Overrated... Overrated in this g*ddamn world..."

That bit. With a heavy, driving, almost Calvin-Harris-like dance beat. :dunno:

This damn album has exceeded every expectation I had ! I'm in LOVE with almost all the songs. My favourites are UNDERWATER !! TOOL ! LYWID , SWM , Heroes , Stardust , Lola. Honestly all of them ! My least favourites are Kids , Celebrate and Emily. And I love what he did with Overrated ! :mikalove:

Hmmm....so many mixed reactions.....I guess I just need to bite the bullet and listen to it when I get home. :blink: