Overrated (OOL version) - Song and Lyrics Discussion

LaraMay

THE LYRICS ARE IN THE BOOKLET? :shocked:

OK, then you know what you have to do... scurry off to the other lyrics

threads and fix them up, PLEASE! :pray:

And thanks :flowers2:

i"ve done it in smokesignal's quote. (almost everything was correct!)

i put it here again :wink2:

Originally Posted by smokesignal

Once again starting from deb's lyrics, but it's really difficult for me to get the first part.

Words get broken

Cut me open

Love confound me

Kill me quickly

Breathe out breathe in

Throw me living

off the deep end

While I'm sleeping

I'm a crazy fool

I'm a fool addicted

To the touch of you

To your poison kisses

What you got to lose

What do you think this is?

Nothing left to prove

And we know that love is

Overrated

Overrated in this goddamn world

Overrated

Overrated Overrated

Overrated Overrated

Stars are magic

Life is tragic

Crime of passion

I'm just asking

Offered up my wrist

And you thought you hit it

But your arrow missed

Couldn't kill me with it

All I asked of you

Was to free my pain

So you couldn't do

This to me again

Overrated Overrated Overrated

Overrated Overrated

... etc, and at the same time:

Words get broken

Cut me open

Breathe out breathe in

Throw me living

Words get broken

Cut me open

Stars are magic

Life is tragic

Overrated Overrated

Edited by w-lil

:wink2:

Thank you so much! :thumb_yello:

OMG i remember listening to this song like 3 years ago or something. when i started listening to this now i was like "mmm i know this melody from somewhere..."

Now I get why people were getting so frustrated and disappointed about this song and its change... they're two different versions of one song but the new version is not that bad it's just that we were more used to listen to the old version which was a balade and now we've got this dance pop thing.. i prefer this first version but the second one is not bad still :wink2:

Thanks again for giving me the link :huglove: without it i wouldnt probably figure out what demo you guys were talking about :doh:

I love the lyrics, they're so dark and magical, and way better than the demo version in my opinion! I'm starting to like the new version, but I feel the acoustic one is seriously mind-blowing and it shows such emotion, it makes me want to cry, it's so...tragic in a beautiful way :wub2:

Just tried to sing the original (old) version and it gave me an asthma attack! It's undoubtedly better, but extremely difficult to sing, which could be why he changed it.

The original is sung in a pure, amazing voice. Like the cd version of underwater, the new overrated makes mika's voice sound odd and distorted. Is this autotune?

Thanks again for posting the lyrics, w-lil :thumb_yello:

Could you please post the album credits for this song? I'm curious whether this is produced by Klas Åhlund or not, thanks

sure!

Produced by Klas Ahlund:thumb_yello: , additionnal production Greg Wells. Written by Mika and Jodi Maar.

did we get to know who arranged/produced Overrated from interviews?

I'm fully addicted :teehee:

I think it was Klas Åhlund and Greg Wells (from album credits). You can hear similarities to Klas' previous work on Robyn's Body Talk albums. I hope it was recorded it Sweden :wub2:

Could this be Kill Me On The Dance Floor? Hmmm... Probably not huh?

I thought about that too, but then I remembered that tweet where Mika mentioned both KMOTDF and Overrated, so I don't think it's the same song :thumb_yello: It's a shame Mika got rid of KMOTDF, I loved its title :sneaky2:

I thought about that too, but then I remembered that tweet where Mika mentioned both KMOTDF and Overrated, so I don't think it's the same song :thumb_yello: It's a shame Mika got rid of KMOTDF, I loved its title :sneaky2:

Yeah :( I'm so curious about it

Oh I picked up that throw me off the deep end line immediately. This song is very dark and twisty. It's like a punch in the face after the demo version. :naughty:

Yeah, I should leave the lyrics to the native speakers, but I couldn't wait that long :teehee:

The more I listen to this, the more I'm amazed about Mika writing and singing it. It's so different! For now it's my favourite song of the album though.

The more I listen to this, the more I'm amazed about Mika writing and singing it. It's so different! For now it's my favourite song of the album though.

Hard to say if it's my favourite, but I really love it too! I was thinking yesterday that the first minute of the song is like the climax of the album for me..

OK, I'm scared of myself at the moment...I'm keep listening to this song and despite was I thought at the beginning ("I want to slap Mika for changing this masterpiece SO much")...I must say I like the song very very much! Is so bittersweet...the music creates a perfect contrast with the lyric!

So..Mika...I was stupid...you did it great (can I say as usual :wink2:?)!

LOVE LOVE this version of Overrated! :mikalove: