MIKA @ Manchester Ritz (UK) 14 December 2012

dcdeb

The Printworks ‏@The_Printworks

#win tickets to see MIKA @mikasounds in Manchester on the 14th of December full details here http://bit.ly/WQBBgy

http://www.theprintworks.com/the_place/competitions/win_tickets_to_see_mika_/

thanks to @Melgine for RTing

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Printworks ‏@The_Printworks

#win tickets to see MIKA @mikasounds in Manchester on the 14th of December full details here http://bit.ly/WQBBgy

http://www.theprintworks.com/the_place/competitions/win_tickets_to_see_mika_/

thanks to @Melgine for RTing

thank you! :thumb_yello: seems to be open for anyone, since there's a field for "country"? :dunno:

any of you guys applying for the choir in manchester? i might give it a try, at least if i don't win any of the ticket competitions... :teehee: since they explicitly wrote on fb that you can apply even if you've already been in the choir... it's that old story again, fab experience (being in the choir and rehearsing with mika) vs. fab experience (watching the gig in a small venue with a bouncy floor :teehee:). in any case if i apply i'd write in the mail that they shouldn't choose me for the choir if they have enough applications from UK folks. tho i guess/hope they'd do that anyway. well, that's one reason why i'm asking here - if 10 of you already want to apply for the choir, i won't do it, as either would be fine for me, being in the choir or watching the gig. :wink2: and those who live in the uk of course should have their chance too! :thumb_yello:

thank you! :thumb_yello: seems to be open for anyone, since there's a field for "country"? :dunno:

any of you guys applying for the choir in manchester? i might give it a try, at least if i don't win any of the ticket competitions... :teehee: since they explicitly wrote on fb that you can apply even if you've already been in the choir... it's that old story again, fab experience (being in the choir and rehearsing with mika) vs. fab experience (watching the gig in a small venue with a bouncy floor :teehee:). in any case if i apply i'd write in the mail that they shouldn't choose me for the choir if they have enough applications from UK folks. tho i guess/hope they'd do that anyway. well, that's one reason why i'm asking here - if 10 of you already want to apply for the choir, i won't do it, as either would be fine for me, being in the choir or watching the gig. :wink2: and those who live in the uk of course should have their chance too! :thumb_yello:

Hi Mellody,

Me and my toyboy are! :thumb_yello:

Although if he gets picked and I don't.....they'll be tears! :naughty:

Don't know if anyone has planned anything for this show yet, but to offset some of what was planned for London, I thought maybe we could use the tinsel at this show instead. Perhaps during Underwater, Popular or Celebrate?

What does everyone think?

I'm always up for a theme!! :thumb_yello:

The problem is that those of us who apply and get picked for the choir won't really be able to participate so it depends on that.

Tinsel's easy to buy last minute though if that ends up being the chosen theme.

Hey :biggrin2: Not long now!

Just wondering, what time are people thinking of arriving? :teehee:

me, some time in the afternoon. coming by national express from london, and that takes 5 hours. :rolls_eyes: i guess/hope it'll be relaxed, as only about 20 mfcers are going, not even all of them will be queueing, and it's a workday so i think the locals won't be there too early either. i think a few will be there before noon already, but i can't be bothered this time, train was too expensive compared to national express - and the venue should be big enough for all 23 mfcers to be in front row. :teehee: and from what i've experienced at the european gigs, a bunch of people start queueing in the morning, then for hours nothing happens, and then others start arriving - so if it doesn't have to be the center spot in front row (and i've had that twice on this tour, am fine with that for now :teehee:), i think some time in the afternoon will be perfectly fine. :wink2:

me, some time in the afternoon. coming by national express from london, and that takes 5 hours. :rolls_eyes: i guess/hope it'll be relaxed, as only about 20 mfcers are going, not even all of them will be queueing, and it's a workday so i think the locals won't be there too early either. i think a few will be there before noon already, but i can't be bothered this time, train was too expensive compared to national express - and the venue should be big enough for all 23 mfcers to be in front row. :teehee: and from what i've experienced at the european gigs, a bunch of people start queueing in the morning, then for hours nothing happens, and then others start arriving - so if it doesn't have to be the center spot in front row (and i've had that twice on this tour, am fine with that for now :teehee:), i think some time in the afternoon will be perfectly fine. :wink2:

Indeed. I'll be arriving in Manchester with a few others about 9am, but I think breakfast will be top of the list when we do get there:thumb_yello:

Our plans for the 14th are:- We'll be back in Mcr, from London, about 1.30pm or thereabouts. We will then get the tram from Piccadilly to Sale (about 15 minutes journey) and then chill out in our home and order a takeaway pizza, for the interval before we go to the Ritz.

We're getting a taxi to the Ritz, and a taxi home again after the gig and the m&g, if he has one.

Okie dokie :biggrin2: I'll see you guys around mid-afternoonish then! Looking forward to meeting those of you I haven't before :boing: And seeing old friends :wub2: It's been too long!

Will you be with Eloise?

I've just found out I have a singing exam at 1:41pm, so I thought with escaping school early, this was the perfect excuse! But then I realised I'm going back to school to pick up two of my friends that are also coming, so I won't be getting there until 4 ish :tears:

We'll try and arrive as quickly as possible though to get a decent place in the line so my height won't be too much of an issue :teehee:

Today,when I tried to book YHA,they are sold out :doh: Now,anyone can help me with some advice for another place to stay over night? Thanks!

What is your budget?

I found this hostel http://www.concerthotels.co.uk/hotel/hatters-hostel-manchester/135778?venueid=254415

Edited by RAK1

What is your budget?

Around 50£,but the cheaper,the better :teehee: Thank you,yes,I was thinking at that hostel too,but I'll have to travel after the gig to there alone.It's anyone else staying there too?

Edited by krysady

Is anyone else relieved that TM extended the deadline for the audition vids?!! :thumb_yello:

Was up til 2.45am this morning with my toyboy trying to record his in one take! Bless him, he's a musician so doesn't listen to the words, just the music....it's proving a bit of a task for him now though!

I've given him homework to learn the words by Saturday morning....then I'll film him. :naughty:

Is anyone else relieved that TM extended the deadline for the audition vids?!! :thumb_yello:

Was up til 2.45am this morning with my toyboy trying to record his in one take! Bless him, he's a musician so doesn't listen to the words, just the music....it's proving a bit of a task for him now though!

I've given him homework to learn the words by Saturday morning....then I'll film him. :naughty:

LOL! Good luck to him :thumb_yello:

No lol ... cos' I did my video for London while he was still touring Europe and now I have to wait even longer to find out whether I'm in the choir ... I thought I'd find out today ... now I probably have to wait till Saturday ... :aah: Piffle :wink2: