MIKA Somewhere in Ireland! Arthur's Day - 27 September 2012

dcdeb

On 27th September, Mika will be celebrating this year's Arthur's Day with 2 very special performances somewhere in Ireland…. We can’t tell you where exactly the venues are yet as it’s SECRET, but keep watching this page and the event website below for more information. Ireland, here we come!

http://www.guinness.com/en-ie/arthursday/index.html

Ok I've been reading the T&Cs on the Guinness page (because I've nothing better to be doing on a Sunday :teehee:) and already the distribution of headliners throughout the country has been allocated.

Link - http://www.guinness.com/en-ie/terms-and-conditions.html scroll down to Arthurs Day, Vote for your Local Campaign.

Region Number of Headliners Number of winning Pubs from that Region

1 Central Dublin and within the M50 4 4

2 Central Cork City and a within a 15 kilometre radius 2 2

3 Central Belfast City and within a 15 kilometre radius 2 2

4 Central Limerick City and within a 15 kilometre radius 1 1

5 Central Galway City and within a 15 kilometre radius 1 1

6 Rest of Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland 1 1

So if Mika is doing 2 gigs I don't think they're likely to be in a city where only two headliners will be performed. But he could play two different cities if they helicopter him between counties :teehee:

I think it could be Dublin.

Ok I've been reading the T&Cs on the Guinness page (because I've nothing better to be doing on a Sunday :teehee:) and already the distribution of headliners throughout the country has been allocated.

Link - http://www.guinness.com/en-ie/terms-and-conditions.html scroll down to Arthurs Day, Vote for your Local Campaign.

Region Number of Headliners Number of winning Pubs from that Region

1 Central Dublin and within the M50 4 4

2 Central Cork City and a within a 15 kilometre radius 2 2

3 Central Belfast City and within a 15 kilometre radius 2 2

4 Central Limerick City and within a 15 kilometre radius 1 1

5 Central Galway City and within a 15 kilometre radius 1 1

6 Rest of Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland 1 1

So if Mika is doing 2 gigs I don't think they're likely to be in a city where only two headliners will be performed. But he could play two different cities if they helicopter him between counties :teehee:

I think it could be Dublin.

Sherlock most definately on the case:thumb_yello::)

Just been informed that the winning venues for the 11 headline acts will be informed tomorrow afternoon so maybe we will get some leaks soon.

Did you RT someone earlier, who said they thought Example was playing in Dublin?

I'm in Dublin so I really hope it will be in a place around, otherwise I won't have time to travel to another Irish city. Fingers crossed !:wink2: Where are you?

I'm in Dublin. Buttonslovesu and Kath are coming over to stay with me. Luke is in Dublin also.

I hope it will be too. But if it's not too far outside Dublin we will travel to it.

How far would you be willing to travel? Hopefully he plays Dublin first and then you can catch a ride on the tour bus to the next gig. :fisch:

The furthest from Dublin would be Cork or Galway, about 4 hours. If we got word early enough I would be prepared to travel that distance.

But if he's doing 2 gigs I can't see there being a huge distance between the two.

We need to find out where the first gig is, that will be around 5.30 or 6pm then as you say, hitch a ride to the next one. :naughty:

I think that one of the shows Mika is doing on Arthur's Day may be a tv special either in Dublin, Cork or Galway.

'Guinness Ireland , all headline artists will play surprise gigs in the winning local pubs across Ireland and in addition, some of our headline artists will also perform at the Arthur's Day TV Specials in Cork, Dublin and Belfast over the course of the night. Click here to find out what's happening in your local http://www.guinness.com/en-ie/arthursday/locator.html'