MIKA Somewhere in Ireland! Arthur's Day - 27 September 2012

dcdeb

I think that one of the shows Mika is doing on Arthur's Day may be a tv special either in Dublin, Cork or Galway.

'Guinness Ireland , all headline artists will play surprise gigs in the winning local pubs across Ireland and in addition, some of our headline artists will also perform at the Arthur's Day TV Specials in Cork, Dublin and Belfast over the course of the night. Click here to find out what's happening in your local http://www.guinness.com/en-ie/arthursday/locator.html'

Seems like they are saying artists who are playing there, or are they not saying who the headliners are?

I think that one of the shows Mika is doing on Arthur's Day may be a tv special either in Dublin, Cork or Galway.

'Guinness Ireland , all headline artists will play surprise gigs in the winning local pubs across Ireland and in addition, some of our headline artists will also perform at the Arthur's Day TV Specials in Cork, Dublin and Belfast over the course of the night. Click here to find out what's happening in your local http://www.guinness.com/en-ie/arthursday/locator.html'

OH so we wont be seeing him twice now:sad:, that's assuming we get to see him once:wink2:

It's like going on a wild goose chase. :aah:

There are competitions popping up for entry to the tv specials. Do we enter all these and hope that if we win any it'll be one that Mika is playing in. :dunno:

This is becoming a pain in the neck... or am I just stressing too much???:sneaky2:

It's like going on a wild goose chase. :aah:

That's why Mika loves the idea so much. :wink2:

I think getting tied down to a TV show (having to be there at a certain time, not being allowed to leave, etc.) may inhibit you travelling. I guess it wouldn't hurt to apply though and see how it all pans out on the day?

Well, it looks like we could be heading north. :sneaky2:

But the thing that's putting me off the scent is the competition for tv passes on Mika's fb... It seems only us in the Republic of Ireland can see it.

If it's a gig in the north, then it's officially in the UK so why can't UK residents or Northern Ireland residents see it? :dunno:

But the thing that's putting me off the scent is the competition for tv passes on Mika's fb... It seems only us in the Republic of Ireland can see it.

If it's a gig in the north, then it's officially in the UK so why can't UK residents or Northern Ireland residents see it? :dunno:

Maybe he is recording the TV show early, that would give him time to fly to a gig? (or vice versa) :dunno:

Maybe he is recording the TV show early, that would give him time to fly to a gig? (or vice versa) :dunno:

So the gig could be in Belfast and the tv show in Republic...

The problem is with the comp., they say you will get a phonecall initially to tell you you've won and on Thursday you will get a phonecall to tell you where the venue is. :aah: (not presuming I'll win of course, I never win anything :teehee:)

good one:thumb_yello: need to ask the mods if they know anything about the comp:wink2:

good one:thumb_yello: need to ask the mods if they know anything about the comp:wink2:

Can you post the competition here? If it's only visible to people in the Republic then none of the mods will be able to see it on FB.

Treasa where are you getting the idea from that he's playing in the north?

Can you post the competition here? If it's only visible to people in the Republic then none of the mods will be able to see it on FB.

Treasa where are you getting the idea from that he's playing in the north?

Ok.

I've been told by someone in the pub business that he will be playing in Belfast. But I'm not sure how reliable that is.

Guinness ran a comp during the week for tickets to the tv special in Belfast, they named two pubs (but not the artist). Someone on fb rang these pubs, they couldn't confirm who would be playing in their venue but told her Mika would be in Belfast.

It's here https://www.facebook.com/mikasounds Can you see it?

MIKA

Friday

NEW COMPETITION TIME!! It's nearly time to celebrate Arthur's Day and we're giving some of you the chance to CELEBRATE it with Mika! We have a load of passes especially for Mika fans – we’re giving them away in groups of 4, so you and 3 mates could see Mika perform at an Arthur's Day TV Special at a *secret intimate location* in Ireland on Thursday 27th September.

All you need to do is email mikacompetition@gmail.com and tell us why you think you should win the tickets, plus we'll need your name, age, address and phone number. The competition is open NOW and closes at 8pm this Sunday 23rd September… so get those emails in!

Here's a few T&Cs you need to know about:

- You and your guests need to be over 18

- Entitlement of entry lasts only until 7pm

- Need to provide proof of age to get in

- The event is being filmed

- Winners will be contacted by phone in the first instance to be told they have won

- They will be contacted again by phone on 27th September to be told the secret venue

For more info click here: http://www.guinness.com/en-ie/terms-and-conditions.html

http://www.mikasounds.com

MIKA

Friday

NEW COMPETITION TIME!! It's nearly time to celebrate Arthur's Day and we're giving some of you the chance to CELEBRATE it with Mika! We have a load of passes especially for Mika fans – we’re giving them away in groups of 4, so you and 3 mates could see Mika perform at an Arthur's Day TV Special at a *secret intimate location* in Ireland on Thursday 27th September.

All you need to do is email mikacompetition@gmail.com and tell us why you think you should win the tickets, plus we'll need your name, age, address and phone number. The competition is open NOW and closes at 8pm this Sunday 23rd September… so get those emails in!

Here's a few T&Cs you need to know about:

- You and your guests need to be over 18

- Entitlement of entry lasts only until 7pm

- Need to provide proof of age to get in

- The event is being filmed

- Winners will be contacted by phone in the first instance to be told they have won

- They will be contacted again by phone on 27th September to be told the secret venue

For more info click here: http://www.guinness.com/en-ie/terms-and-conditions.html

http://www.mikasounds.com

I don't understand. There is nothing in here that says people from Belfast can't enter, so just go ahead and email them. :dunno: