Mika Gig for BBC Radio 2 (Jo Whiley) Oct. 4, 2012 + interviews BBC

Naectegale

Celebrate was on in The T mobile shop that I was in on Saturday - I think it is getting more exposure than any of the tracks on TBWKTM already :thumb_yello:

No because despite entering for a lot of these I have never been successful! :aah:

Thank you! :biggrin2:

Hopefully we'll get lucky this time :thumb_yello:

Hopefully we'll get lucky this time :thumb_yello:

I hope so but really, I am not holding out much hope. I was convinced that I would win in the January 2007 one and of course I didn't! But as you say - we can live in hope. :thumb_yello:

Celebrate was on in The T mobile shop that I was in on Saturday - I think it is getting more exposure than any of the tracks on TBWKTM already :thumb_yello:

No because despite entering for a lot of these I have never been successful! :aah:

Thank you! :biggrin2:

I hope Celebrate is becoming successful. I have tended to be in two minds about it being the first single, as I think there are better ones on the album. But it is good, and Mika sings it well live, so I live in hope for the song to be a hit.

When I went in for the ballot for the Blackpool gig, which was free like this one, I didn't win a ticket, but a kind MFCer (who wished to remain annonymous) gave me her two tickets. That's how I got to go. So maybe if someone wins, and can't go, there'll be some going spare. If it's known that you'd be interested, you might get some offered to you.

I haven't gone in for this one. I'm seeing Mika twice in December. I'm going to wait for those two gigs.

I hope Celebrate is becoming successful. I have tended to be in two minds about it being the first single, as I think there are better ones on the album. But it is good, and Mika sings it well live, so I live in hope for the song to be a hit.

When I went in for the ballot for the Blackpool gig, which was free like this one, I didn't win a ticket, but a kind MFCer (who wished to remain annonymous) gave me her two tickets. That's how I got to go. So maybe if someone wins, and can't go, there'll be some going spare. If it's known that you'd be interested, you might get some offered to you.

I haven't gone in for this one. I'm seeing Mika twice in December. I'm going to wait for those two gigs.

Yes, I think Celebrate is very commercial (which is probably why I don't like it) but I do think it is great live.

I think that there were a lot more tickets available for the Blackpool gig wern't there which is why so many of us got to go. I have enetered these radio theatre things for loads of artists and never even had a sniff of a ticket. However, we shall see. I hope that at least a few MFCers are lucky.:thumb_yello:

Quite. I have been checking my email constantly but no luck yet. :tears:

Same here :blink:

:wink2: You were lucky then. For the Blackpool BBC gig I never got tickets even though I applied early, and only got in because a friend gave me one. On the contrary though, there were LOTS of european MFC'ers who had also applied for tix and travelled to the UK for it.

This is where (as I am sure you will understand) my slight frustration about this "the world and their dog applying for BBC tickets" situation tems from. Because we are paying for the licence and therefore effectively paying for the gig but getting nothing for it, whereas others who have not contributed get to go to such a spectacular thing.

I am all for everyone getting in if that was possible, but numbers are super limited and for that reason it's always a bitter pill to swallow when these thinggs happen :dunno:

People always have a justification for invading London (flights are cheap, they love London, blah, blah) but I'm not quite sure how you justify going to Blackpool. :teehee:

But the Blackpool Tower is just so MOVING! And all the RIDES! BEAUTIFUL! :shocked::mf_rosetinted:

Oh good I want the inside scoop. :fisch:

Although it looks like she only got one ticket and it doesn't say anything about it admitting 2 people, so now I'm not so sure.

Edit: Ok, looks like I get the ticket whether it's one or two. Woop!

Edited by hotdlp

Would you really turn up for that? That makes you, me, Sariflor and lollipop_monkey. It's already turning into a mob. :mf_rosetinted:

OH OF COURSE I WOULD. :floor:

This is gonna be crazy. I hope we don't disturb the regulars or upset the locals. :mikacool:

Although it looks like she only got one ticket and it doesn't say anything about it admitting 2 people, so now I'm not so sure.

Edit: Ok, looks like I get the ticket whether it's one or two. Woop!

Congratulations :yay:

No email for me :no: