The Official " The Origin of Love " Charts & Sales around the World Thread

suzie

As Showtunes17 does not seem to be around, let me open this thread following the tradition of its predecessors:

The Official Life In Cartoon Motion charts & sales around the world thread.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7729&highlight=chart+thread

and

The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19109&highlight=charts

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As Showtunes17 does not seem to be around, let me open this thread following the tradition of its predecessors:

The Official Life In Cartoon Motion charts & sales around the world thread.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7729&highlight=chart+thread

and

The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19109&highlight=charts

Thanks for this Suzie, as I'm dying to see how the album and singles fare. It's already #1 in France according to what I read on Twitter.

..yes, as expected, no surprise there. He needs to get that repeated in the UK. Hope there is some twitter action being prepared for the day...:teehee:

Yes, we need a #TheOriginOfLoveUK trending session for 8th October. Maybe starting on the 7th. Is everyone up for it? The Italians (with help from the rest of us) got their release trending, so we can do it too.

Thank you for opening the thread. I followed the TBWKTM one very closely at the time :thumb_yello:

I'm happy he's #1 in France (to be honest it does surprise me), just a precision : he sold less than the first week following the release of TBWKTM (- 15000) even though TBWKTM entered at #2, not 1.

The Album TOOL is on No.1 on Pop chart.. since preorder date :mf_rosetinted:

and No.5 on chart Overall.. (include Kpop chart all)

And the songs on daily pop chart..

No.14 Celebrate

No.17 Origin of Love

No.29 Lola

No.34 Stardust

No.36 Love you When I'm Drunk

No.39 Popular Song

No.43 Underwater

No.48 Emily

No.50 Make you happy

Not on weekly chart yet...cuz it's been just 6 days since album releasing date

hmm..... Can't believe Mika this guy still ignores us there :shun:

chart0930.png

And the poll we're doing on our fan-site..

100 ppl voted in 2 days....and Love You When I'm Drunk is fan favorite so far... :teehee: (my fave also)

Edited by Yuna

...I need to restrain myself from starting to talk about the choice of the lead single again...

Apparently, Mika wanted Uw as the lead single, but the record company wanted a "Summer hit".

Does this look like Summer to anyone?

If they wanted to get the best out of the single, it should have been out for the Olympics!

I've tried to get behind it and I've hoped for the best. But Uw would have been much better, or the title song, which would have been fantastic. Tbh, of all the songs on the album, I like Celebrate the least. Having said that, it's better than most songs out there by other artists, but it's not the best on Origin, which is what he really needed, to get on top again.

Apparently, Mika wanted Uw as the lead single, but the record company wanted a "Summer hit".

Does this look like Summer to anyone?

If they wanted to get the best out of the single, it should have been out for the Olympics!

I've tried to get behind it and I've hoped for the best. But Uw would have been much better, or the title song, which would have been fantastic. Tbh, of all the songs on the album, I like Celebrate the least. Having said that, it's better than most songs out there by other artists, but it's not the best on Origin, which is what he really needed, to get on top again.

Marylin you expressed my opinion, as always! Totally agree:thumb_yello:

UW deserves much more attention. It is fabulous, fantastic.... Does that matter what season`s now if the song is TRULLY beautiful .

Well, this is art VS business and marketing. Nothing changes in a world of showbiz...

TOOL The album stays No.1 on pop chart... which is nice, beat Muse new album. No.5 on Chart overall... very good...thinking of Mika is popstar singing in English... :aah:

On weekly chart.. All 22 songs of TOOL had a debut into Top 70 Naver Music. Which is kinda perfect..but pity non of them had a debut in Top 10... but still nice I think ;)

11. Celebrate

14. Origin of Love

20. Lola

22. Stardust

26. Popular Song

28. Underwater

30. Make you Happy

35. Love You When I'm Drunk

36. Step With Me

38. Overrated

39. Heroes

41. Emily

46. Kids

49. Make You Happy (Miami edit)

55. Origin of Love (Acoustic)

56. Celebrate (Acoustic)

59. Tah Dah

60. Love You When I'm Drunk (Acoustic)

65. Kids (Acoustic)

66. Overrated (Acoustic)

67. Stardust (Mix)

70. Elle Me Dit

Album Promo clip from Navermusic. with short film of 'Massive Hug' from Mika :naughty:

http://music.naver.com/promotion/specialContent.nhn?articleId=3347&page=1

chart1003.jpg

And the updated poll... sorry MIKAHOLIX blocks external link to block spammers... so I captured that. Origin of Love won over Love You When I'm Drunk... got 20.83% vote. :thumb_yello:

Edited by Yuna

TOOL The album stays No.1 on pop chart... which is nice, beat Muse new album. No.5 on Chart overall... very good...thinking of Mika is popstar singing in English... :aah:

On weekly chart.. All 22 songs of TOOL had a debut into Top 70 Naver Music. Which is kinda perfect..but pity non of them had a debut in Top 10... but still nice I think ;)

11. Celebrate

14. Origin of Love

20. Lola

22. Stardust

26. Popular Song

28. Underwater

30. Make you Happy

35. Love You When I'm Drunk

36. Step With Me

38. Overrated

39. Heroes

41. Emily

46. Kids

49. Make You Happy (Miami edit)

55. Origin of Love (Acoustic)

56. Celebrate (Acoustic)

59. Tah Dah

60. Love You When I'm Drunk (Acoustic)

65. Kids (Acoustic)

66. Overrated (Acoustic)

67. Stardust (Mix)

70. Elle Me Dit

Album Promo clip from Navermusic. with short film of 'Massive Hug' from Mika :naughty:

http://music.naver.com/promotion/specialContent.nhn?articleId=3347&page=1

chart1003.jpg

And the updated poll... sorry MIKAHOLIX blocks external link to block spammers... so I captured that. Origin of Love won over Love You When I'm Drunk... got 20.83% vote. :thumb_yello:

That's incredible! Korea must be the only country where Mika beats Muse in charts.

That's incredible! Korea must be the only country where Mika beats Muse in charts.

+ Bieber and 1D .. thanks god :teehee:

TOOL Just won September Pop Monthly No.1 in Chart.. won over Maroon 5 behind :shocked: just in a week.... :aah:

Edited by Yuna

These are really good news for Spain! Unfortunately in France TOOL went to number 3 the second week after release and next week it's Muse's turn to be number 1. http://www.chartsinfrance.net/charts/albums.php

I just hope TOOL will stay in the top 10 and if french radios played Underwater, it would help TOOL's sales a lot.