Mika @ Sunday Brunch Channel 4, Oct. 14, 2012 from 9:30

smokesignal

C4 +1 is only on tv, it's one of the channels we have here. Always helps me in the evenings when shows clash, and I can watch one later. Most of the main commercial channels have the +1 feature on. It's just the BBC that doesn't.

I expect the show will be on 4OD (online) later on today, it's usually a couple of hours before shows pop up on it:thumb_yello:

ok thanks Rose

They were talking about the tea that they asked Mika to try, which he thought was weak, then they talked about singing, Mika said that he thought that anyone can sing, that sometimes the most expressive singers weren't technically great. They spoke abit about X Factor and the difference between the UK and US versions. Then they spoke about the album and how he seems to be loved in France, and he admitted his French wasn't that good, that he makes mistakes a fair bit. And then they talked about Alex playing with him last week in Sheffield. That's pretty much it.

Thanks for reporting, Rose! :thumb_yello: Sorry I missed your answer before posting my previous reply.

Thank you!!! :flowers2: Going to listen to it now.

Yes he's definately wrong. Perhaps he's never heard Cheryl Cole attempt to sing. If he had, he'd soon change his mind about EVERYONE being able to sing.

Something my aunty told me once, everyone can sing, not everyone can sing well.:thumb_yello:

They were talking about the tea that they asked Mika to try, which he thought was weak, then they talked about singing, Mika said that he thought that anyone can sing, that sometimes the most expressive singers weren't technically great. They spoke abit about X Factor and the difference between the UK and US versions. Then they spoke about the album and how he seems to be loved in France, and he admitted his French wasn't that good, that he makes mistakes a fair bit. And then they talked about Alex playing with him last week in Sheffield. That's pretty much it.

:aah: I think Mika needs to hear me sing first so then he can change his mind about that :aah::naughty:

Yes he's definately wrong. Perhaps he's never heard Cheryl Cole attempt to sing. If he had, he'd soon change his mind about EVERYONE being able to sing.

Poor Cheryl ... I wouldn't say she was that bad ... I mean she's not the greatest either ... but I've heard worse ... maybe I feel bad cos' I own all 3 of her albums :lmfao:

Poor Cheryl ... I wouldn't say she was that bad ... I mean she's not the greatest either ... but I've heard worse ... maybe I feel bad cos' I own all 3 of her albums :lmfao:

Same here, it really irks me that some MFCers always pick on Cheryl when there are much worse singers out there.

Same here, it really irks me that some MFCers always pick on Cheryl when there are much worse singers out there.

I can think of a worse and more famous one, but I don't want to get a ton of abuse for saying the name.

I could prove him wrong there. He hasn't heard me yet. :teehee:

It was a nice interview but seemed a bit rushed. :thumb_yello:

Surely anyone can sing but tone-deaf people should limit their performances to their own bathroom or family gatherings.:cool:

To the bathroom and when cooking alone in the kitchen. :thumb_yello: Never at family gatherings. lol.

I'm sorry. She's not the worst out there, but it really upsets me that people like her, who arn't that good and don't write their own songs are getting all the adulation that Mika should be getting! They're interviewed and played on Radio1 while Mika isn't, so now his single and album arn't doing well no matter how hard he works. One interview at R1 would have been worth all of those other interviews (apart from the attention he got at R2 and Real Radio) and if they'd played his new music it probably would have charted. People like those at Radio1 don't seem to realise that a songwriter has to have time away to write songs! They should welcome someone like Mika back with open arms and I'm gutted that they prefer someone like Cheryl or Rihanna, who have songwriters queueing to write songs, so they don't have to go away for a while to write new stufff. Yet they have the nerve to call the songs they sing "My music." When it isn't.

Just an edit with hopeful news. His album is 24 overall in the UK. I wish it was higher of course, but I'm thankful it isn't 60 something or worse. it has the chance of getting higher now. Hopefully.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

When it's up on the website, let me know and I'll record it for you :thumb_yello:

I don't know if it will be on the website because there is a "not available on 4oD"-Button: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/sunday-brunch/episode-guide/series-2012/episode-28

Although previous episodes are having a play-button. So maybe (hopefully) it's only a question of time.

When it's up on the website, let me know and I'll record it for you :thumb_yello:

thanks! Would love to watch that show again. It was really fun and the performance of Celebrate was excellent:wub2:

I'm sorry. She's not the worst out there, but it really upsets me that people like her, who arn't that good and don't write their own songs are getting all the adulation that Mika should be getting! They're interviewed and played on Radio1 while Mika isn't, so now his single and album arn't doing well no matter how hard he works. One interview at R1 would have been worth all of those other interviews (apart from the attention he got at R2 and Real Radio) and if they'd played his new music it probably would have charted. People like those at Radio1 don't seem to realise that a songwriter has to have time away to write songs! They should welcome someone like Mika back with open arms and I'm gutted that they prefer someone like Cheryl or Rihanna, who have songwriters queueing to write songs, so they don't have to go away for a while to write new stufff. Yet they have the nerve to call the songs they sing "My music." When it isn't.

Well said Marilyn:thumb_yello:

I don't know if it will be on the website because there is a "not available on 4oD"-Button: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/sunday-brunch/episode-guide/series-2012/episode-28

Although previous episodes are having a play-button. So maybe (hopefully) it's only a question of time.

It's available now!

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/sunday-brunch/4od

Not available in my area :sneaky2: I guess I need to do some hacking, expatshielding and stuff like that, but unfortunately that will have to wait a few weeks. Still, thanks for posting!
it's not available to me either :wink2: