MIKA @ Cirque Royal, Brussels, BELGIUM - 03.11.2012 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mari62

Loved it! Loved LYWID and the dancemoves! And Origin with the balloons which he jumped on afterwards.. I was like 'Happy newyeaaaar!' And the audience did the same so it really sounded like firework :D

I also love the pianoversion of Stardust.. Wish this one was on the album, it's so beautiful!

He talked a little about Paul de Leeuw again, that he wasn't there to teach him dutch because 'his Nederlands is shiiiit' and he said that everytime Paul comes to him and says 'Mika, I have an idea' he's like 'fuuuuck' :naughty:

I don't like queuing long, I like having a nice day in the city so I went to the Atomium and Grote Markt before going to Cirque Royal and I had a really nice day! I like Brussels! When we arrived I was like 'There are so many people already here', I thought we'd be in the back, but at the and we had a great place!

So... I loved it! :D

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another try then.

We wandered through the centre of Brussels for quite a while, trying to find the venue and when we arrived the queue was already huge. We ended up in the back of the standing area, but we still had a good view.

I loved the gig, the crowd was very enthusiastic and I really like the red balloons during The Origin Of Love. Had a fantastic day with Laurel, Shady and Weealx :wub2:

Some pics:

brussel05-1.jpg

brussel04.jpg

brussel03.jpg

brussel01.jpg

brussel02.jpg

And some vids:

Un Soleil Mal Luné (missed the first part cause I was messing with my phone and didn't expect him to start with this song)

[YOUTUBE]ctbE5MVCPKk[/YOUTUBE]

A short vid of the choir during Big Girl

[YOUTUBE]93E0pdcS9TU[/YOUTUBE]

Popular Song

[YOUTUBE]H7W2tIclq54[/YOUTUBE]

Another try then.

We wandered through the centre of Brussels for quite a while, trying to find the venue and when we arrived the queue was already huge. We ended up in the back of the standing area, but we still had a good view.

I loved the gig, the crowd was very enthusiastic and I really like the red balloons during The Origin Of Love. Had a fantastic day with Laurel, Shady and Weealx :wub2:

Some pics:

Thank you for the pictures and videos!

I'm so glad you all got in in the end! Shady told me you guys still needed a ticket. Luckily it all worked out! :thumb_yello:

The queueu was huge, huh? A guy on twitter said it was 3 blocks long :teehee:

Omg could you mail this to me?? :biggrin2: my email is anne.mika.maaike@gmail.com :thumb_yello: thanks in advance!

And btw, YESTERDAY WAS AWESOME NO WORDS CAN DESCRIBE IT OMG!

I am going to write a report as soon as I come home from work xD

Here's one of my favourite pics my mum took! ^^ Its mika and me! :biggrin2:

12.jpg

awesome :D yes, I'll send you this pic, and I've got more pics of the choir that I can send you :wink2:

I must say congrats to the choir, so full of energy! :thumb_yello:

awesome :D yes, I'll send you this pic, and I've got more pics of the choir that I can send you :wink2:

I must say congrats to the choir, so full of energy! :thumb_yello:

THANK YOU! :D Team mika also said we were the best choir so far :biggrin2: I loved it so much!:biggrin2:

Great reports everyone. And thanks for the videos. The sound is great and I was really looking forward to seeing how the pompoms and hearts turned out so it's nice that some of you could take videos and pics from farther back. It looks like you had a great view from everywhere.

Maaikie I can see you giving it your all in Celebrate. Excellent job! :thumb_yello:

I saw someone tweet MFC that they had seen Walter Van Beirendonck, along with a pic of the instructions that went with the bag. There was some writing on it so it looked like he may have autographed it? Anyway it was unreal to see something I did on my computer early Friday morning end up being passed around at a Mika gig in Belgium on Saturday. Also Tim is wearing a pair of braces I picked out in a shop in Dublin. So I feel like I was there in spirit if not in body. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. :wub2:

Best concert ever ever ever!

Really enjoyed every single second!

We arrived at 3pm or something at the venue and someone told they were keeping a list and everything, so it was really well organised, thanks to the early fans and the security! Unfortunately some people who arrived late tried to get in the line before the ones with the numbers, so only the first 50 were let in with a little head start! But in the end we managed to get in the second row at the right of the stage, having a good view!

Mika looked gorgeous, didn't he? I love the opening track, there was a total silence in the venue and that was amazing!

The sound was good, the stage looked impressing with the view on the inside back of the building!

Favourites of the evening were: Happy Ending, Stardust (really loved the acoustic version! I had tears in my eyes!), Underwater (which was beautiful with all those bellenblazen/bubbles), Popular (totally loved the song live!), Grace Kelly and Love You When I'm Drunk!

Really amazing concert, loved every single second! I was so so happy to be standing in the second row, so close to the man himself! He's adorable when he is trying to speak some Dutch (which he can do better than some people that live in Flanders themselves).

Looking forward to the next Mika-gig already!

For those who can read Dutch, I've wrote a long post on my blog: http://froy.wordpress.com/2012/11/03/mika-the-origin-of-love-promotour/

I just don’t know where to start!

It’s been one unforgettable night!

Okay, from the start:

Miek came to pick us up at 9 in the morning, on our way to Brussels we also picked up Sylvana. We would join Rian and Navah at the venu.

Arriving at the venue we got numbers up from 46! So their was already a substantial queu!

After getting our number we decided to have a good lunch before we would join our fellow fans.

The weather was very helpfull, no rain, even the sun came out at some time!

At around 3 they thought it was time to organise everyone on their number, at first it was a bit chaotic, but then I thought it would help to shout out each number to call that person on his/her place. Sorry for interfering ladies, but I just wanted to help.

At 7 the doors were openend and we could go inside. We got our little paperbag from IngieV. It striked us how tired she looked! It must have been a lot of work to get everything organised! I don’t envy them on that one!

After the openingsact with the young dj, who looked very cute according to some ladies around me, Mika came on. And don’t ask me why, but I was very emotional tonight. Allready after a view notes of that beautiful French chanson the tears rolled down my cheaks! And it stayed that way all night. Especially with my littlegirl on stage! She was soooo happy to be on stage with Mika! And I was such a proud mama! I cried many times, just watching her singing and dansing and interacting with Mika, it was just sooooo awesome! It was really a case, of child being happy, mum being happy!

DSC04974.jpg

DSC04868.jpg

The gig was just great, the enthusiasm of the audience grew by the minute! And it ended up in one big party! Just had to love it!

The m&g afterwards, outside was very chaotic! Many people wanted something from Mika and were ready to do a lot to get it. A lot of pushing and shouting. But Mika stayed calm and friendly as ever! Mama P was waiting for him in the van at the back of the venue. After Mika’s leaving, things got quiet again, and we had a little chat with our fellow MFC’ers and after some time the band got outside. I got a big hug from Joy when she stepped outside, and we spent a little time with Max, in which we also got a picture taken with him!

When the band members walked to the tourbus, and we headed for our cars, drummer Felix decided to join us, acting as if we would all go out together.

I want to say a big thanks for all the lovely people I have spoken with tonight! Just loved every minute of the night! Thank you! And hopefully it will not take too long before we can see eachother again!

DSC05049.jpg

DSC05047.jpg

DSC05044.jpg

You can see all my pictures on FB and at Photobucket http://s563.photobucket.com/albums/ss74/Jojotje61/Mika%20Cirque%20Royal%20Brussel%203%20nov%202012/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ24

Edited by Jojotje

Here I go again!

This is my report from my very First Mika-gig. And I can tell you. It was just amazing!

My friends and me arrived at the venue around 17u00. There were approximately 100 people in front of us, which is not so many. So I was happy. Although I hate waiting, queuing was kind of fun! I made a lot of noise/laughter/... :naughty: and before we knew it was 19u00.

Inside the venue we managed to get ourselves place on the 4th/5th row on the middle of the stage. We played some cards until the DJ started. It wasn’t the best warm up I have ever seen. I mean, what he did was great, but it would’ve been better if the lights were dimmed and the music was a little bit louder. Nevertheless, I had a great time singing along and dancing on the songs he played. :thumb_yello:

The DJ went away and we all started chanting for Mika! He was adorable when he came on stage in his suit and his bow-tie. (BOW TIES ARE COOL!) :wub2: He started with ‘Un Soleil Mal Luné’, which he sang so beautifully! I was just speechless! I read somewhere that the show didn’t ‘explode’ immediately. But I believe it was because his voice was so amazing and magic, that the entire venue became quiet! Although that was the case from where I was standing. :wub2:

When the second song started I didn’t stop singing along/dancing/jumping and having fun for one second! I was surreal that Mika was standing so close. I just loved how he was having fun and smiling. Although in the beginning he wasn’t very chatty. He also spoke French for most of the time because ‘zijn Nederlands is ****”. Because of is very rapid French speaking I couldn’t always follow what he was saying. My French is **** :teehee:, even though I live in Belgium. And there was a lot of noise from the public. But that did not spoil the fun! I can go on blabbering for hours, so I’m just going to tell you my favourite parts!

First of all, Mika dancing. That guy has some moves!

Second during the Origin Of Love doing crazy with the balloons! The view was amazing! (I have a video of it, check down below ;) ) also when he started jumping on them and he started telling about the 5th of November in the UK and everyone in the front was telling him today was the third. So he was all like: “I’m not stupid, I know it’s the third!” :D

Then, blowing bubbles during underwater. The hair of the guy in front of me became all bubbly and soapy. :fisch: I am very sorry if you read this xD. After a while I started tasting the soap everywhere. I laughed so hard!

People where throwing stuffed animals on the stage and he was asking why people threw him the animals. And what he had to do with bears and Panda’s. Then he said you could better throw a bottle of wine on stage. (I don’t know if I got that completely right, but t was something like that) :naughty:

He asked a girl to show us a dance move and we had to do that move during the entire ‘I Only Love You When I’m Drunk’ song. Everyone in the venue joined. It was just a stunning sight! :groovy:

In the end we all started doing the ‘Oooh-oh-oh-oh-oooh-oooh’ and Mika and his band used it in Lollipop. I love their spontaneity.

And last he guy that jumped on stage and started dancing with Mika! He was hilarious!

Actually, the entire show was so much fun! I can’t wait until Mika returns to Belgium!

To finish, here are some of the video’s I made or my sister, standing next to me. :biggrin2: I’m sorry that it are not the best filming quality’s you’ll ever see.. I was just busy jumping whilst filming. :naughty:

Apperently are the youtube-thingies not working, so here are the links:

A little part of Grace Kelly

Rain

Underwater with the bubbles!

Stuck in the middle

Origin of love and our view on the balloons!

Edited by Jolieen

Best concert ever ever ever!

Really enjoyed every single second!

We arrived at 3pm or something at the venue and someone told they were keeping a list and everything, so it was really well organised, thanks to the early fans and the security! Unfortunately some people who arrived late tried to get in the line before the ones with the numbers, so only the first 50 were let in with a little head start! But in the end we managed to get in the second row at the right of the stage, having a good view!

Mika looked gorgeous, didn't he? I love the opening track, there was a total silence in the venue and that was amazing!

The sound was good, the stage looked impressing with the view on the inside back of the building!

Favourites of the evening were: Happy Ending, Stardust (really loved the acoustic version! I had tears in my eyes!), Underwater (which was beautiful with all those bellenblazen/bubbles), Popular (totally loved the song live!), Grace Kelly and Love You When I'm Drunk!

Really amazing concert, loved every single second! I was so so happy to be standing in the second row, so close to the man himself! He's adorable when he is trying to speak some Dutch (which he can do better than some people that live in Flanders themselves).

Looking forward to the next Mika-gig already!

For those who can read Dutch, I've wrote a long post on my blog: http://froy.wordpress.com/2012/11/03/mika-the-origin-of-love-promotour/

Haha! Ik vond je vlaams report echt geweldig! Echt super en grappig om te lezen, vooral het deeltje van de DJ klonk wel bekend :naughty:

Me too!

Here I go again!

This is my report from my very First Mika-gig. And I can tell you. It was just amazing!

Loved reading your report! I'm glad you've had a great time at your first Mika gig :thumb_yello:

Haha! Ik vond je vlaams report echt geweldig! Echt super en grappig om te lezen, vooral het deeltje van de DJ klonk wel bekend :naughty:

Me too!

Loved reading your report! I'm glad you've had a great time at your first Mika gig :thumb_yello:

Haha, thx Droopsy!

Yeah, the DJ sort of annoyed the **** out of me. I think it's just weird too to have a DJ support-act. If it had been a band or something, but a DJ is just stupid.

I gave a shredded report on Facebook.

Blowing bubbles during 'Underwater' <3 looks magical from the stage.

For those who weren't there, check out the vid for "Popular" - it proves that yes, you can hear the choir.

I wasn't in that much pain. I think at festivals pain bothers me because I'm waiting and bored. I was having fun all day so yes, I was in pain, but I didn't care. I didn't do the crouching act though, I think that would have caused me not to be able to get out of bed for a day or three. Mika asked: "Is anyone hurt?" and I was like, yes, my knees are inflamed. And he was like, OK, you shouldn't do this act then. Just dance around a little, we'll see. "Maybe we can get you a chair." Awwwwwww <3 (I have inflammation lumps on my knees. Anxiously waiting for them to go away. Taking anti-inflammatories in the meantime.)

We had hideous gowns that smelt like a dead rat, to which Mika's mum though of no better than to spray a horrible perfume on them. Thanks, mum... The gowns looked like typical choir gowns so Naïm started singing "Oh Happy Day" almost instantaneously and about half of us joined him. It was fun.

In the vid it looks like he's throwing a bear at the stage. It dropped right at my feet. I was quite insulted. He was really throwing it to nowhere.

I'm appalled that I can't iron my backstage pass to my polkadot dress (I put on a polkadot dress for this occasion.)

During the rehearsal: singing French "Karen" with the choir, getting treated to the English version. Loved every moment of it!

I have done quite a lot of gigs/performances but every time at parties and the max. amount of people I performed for was 330 at a wedding party. I was so bloody ****ing nervous! It went okay though. I felt adrenaline rushing through me when we were all told to leave stage again.

I tortured my knees, ankles and shins (that's new - shins!) yesterday, but it was all worth it.

Oh, and Mika dragged ME into the picture! I don't care about pictures of him, I even forgot to bring my three CDs. I'm anxiously waiting for the picture to come on line sometime.

Also, thank you Tim Van Der Kuil, you made my day :-D Auditioning for the alto choir and getting a request to please sing the high parts because "You have a terrific voice"... Aaahhhh...

I am just so glad I auditioned. I auditioned three days ago, the day after I had an e-mail telling me I could go and then there was the magic from yesterday... I should do more stuff like that.

Edited by lynx