MIKA @ Cirque Royal, Brussels, BELGIUM - 03.11.2012 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mari62

Fantastic pics and reports! Thank you so much. It sounds like a brilliant night.

And I agree with the comment about Fortune BTW, I have thought for a while that he could make a lot of money as a Mika look alike.

Edited by kath

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw someone tweet MFC that they had seen Walter Van Beirendonck, along with a pic of the instructions that went with the bag. There was some writing on it so it looked like he may have autographed it?

Wouter was there though I didn't see him (I probably wouldn't recognize him). But at the M&G Mika said - after Yuls had complimented him on his colourful bow tie - that his friend Wouter van Beirendonk had offered it to him. :)

Best day ever!

:) Hope you got some sleep last night.

Still on my way back home to Munich. Looking forward to watching all the videos!

Edited by mariposa

Wouter was there though I didn't see him (I probably wouldn't recognize him). But at the M&G Mika said - after Yuls had complimented him on his colourful bow tie - that his frien Wouter van Beirendonk had offered it to him. :)

Still on my way back home to Munich. Looking forward to watching all the videos!

Wouter was indeed at the venue. When I was waiting 'till my friends came back from the toilet he was talking with the security as they were checking his name on the guestlist to get backstage (which was a door next to the stairs that went to the toilets)

Wouter was there though I didn't see him (I probably wouldn't recognize him). But at the M&G Mika said - after Yuls had complimented him on his colourful bow tie - that his friend Wouter van Beirendonk had offered it to him. :)

We did, thanks:thumb_yello:

Walter was in the VIP section with da family.

I'm back from Brussels.

:swoon::fangurl:

Will try to wake up from this dream to write a longer report soon. Meanwhile, here is my video of Underwater (I'm sorry about the loud singing :blush-anim-cl:)

[YOUTUBE]b719-PvgUkM[/YOUTUBE]

Wouter was indeed at the venue. When I was waiting 'till my friends came back from the toilet he was talking with the security as they were checking his name on the guestlist to get backstage (which was a door next to the stairs that went to the toilets)

Oh great, so I was probably standing next to him , cause I was there until the security kicked me out :doh:

Anyway, the show was really great. It was my first one indoors, so I'm not sure if Mika always has such a great contact with the audience in smaller venues or he just had a good day yesterday, but it was really special to me to see him interacting with people like that (especially before and during "Drunk":wub2: )

And don’t ask me why, but I was very emotional tonight. Allready after a view notes of that beautiful French chanson the tears rolled down my cheaks! And it stayed that way all night. Especially with my littlegirl on stage! She was soooo happy to be on stage with Mika! And I was such a proud mama! I cried many times, just watching her singing and dansing and interacting with Mika, it was just sooooo awesome! It was really a case, of child being happy, mum being happy!

:tears::crybaby:

I'm not going to make this a long report, cause there's people that are way better at it then i am :teehee:

The gig yesterday was Amazing!!!! loved it so much :wub2::wub2::wub2:

don't know what to say exactly, lol. We arrived at about 10.30 or something i think. And then the q-ing started. Had a good time talking to people there.

Once in the venue i was a bit frustrated at some point cause someone was pushing me to the side and the back. :huh: But in the end i got a good view :thumb_yello: Tried to make some pictures, but i was jumping and singing and having such a great time that i'm only having a very few good ones :roftl: ( will post a link and some of the good ones later)

I loved how everyone seemed to have such a great time!!

the balloons were great fun. Don't really know how it looked from the back, but i think it must have been great!

Wish it could have gone on forever :wub2:

The waiting for Mika outside afterwards was a bit of a mess. Not a lot of space and everyone was bit packed together. Didn't get to see him properly, sadly.

(i do hope one day to have my very own special Mika moment *dreams on* )

Let's see what I can write about yesterday's gig... It was the first time I was going to see 2 Mika gigs so close in time (I was in Roubaix on Wednesday), it was the first time I wasn't sad after a gig because this one in Brussels was coming so close. So I was already on my little cloud.

I arrived at the venue at around 10.30, about 30 people were waiting. The queuing was not the easiest I've done : cold and rain in the morning and then in the afternoon they made us queue in number order quite early so we didn't move much anymore and we could really feel the wait was long. I had a chat with different people though and it's always nice and made this special.

At 7 they let us in and I ended up second row a little bit on the left. There was a DJ playing a set; not particularly my cup of tea but I was singing along with the rest of the crowd and we could feel excitement growing up. We were ready to explode and then Mika arrived! ... And started with Un Soleil Mal Luné :roftl: He looked lovely, it was a special moment, first song I was already emotional, and this mood stayed with me for the rest of the gig.

In my Roubaix report I was talking about the accurate description of his gig being small and getting bigger and explosive, but this time it was even more obvious. As I think Droopsy said, in Roubaix the audience was a little bit more into it right from the beginning, but I think because it didn't start with such a slow song. So I guess yesterday it was his intention and it worked well.

The things that were planned, that is to say balloons on OOL, shiny 'pompoms' on Celebrate, bubbles on Underwater and lights on Stardust worked well. The most impressive was the balloons. Origin of Love was one of these songs where I was quite moved. I may be crazy but I thought he was almost crying at the beginning? I don't know why he couldn't sing properly the first few lines :dunno: I also really liked Happy Ending. Usually I need some time after the gig, watching videos to realise what I've lived, but this time on OOL and HE I knew I was there listening at that moment and it was beautiful.

Apart from that, the rest of the time we were just crazy, I really liked LYWID, with the little dance moves we all did, and the fan filming on stage, fun!! I'm glad he did WAG, which he didn't do in Roubaix, I think that's when the boy went on stage and danced, funny to watch :teehee: The Polka Dot Choir was great, really energetic and made a lot of gesture that the audience would then pick up.

Mika didn't talk that much, not as much as in Roubaix anyway; he mostly spoke French but then sometimes switched to English. He talked about being back in Belgium and this time not performing under the rain, he made fun of someone who was still wearing the bracelet from this Summer's festival, saying it was probably all infected; he complained about receiving cuddly toys on stage and said he'd rather get a bottle of wine or chocolate :biggrin2: He struggled trying to take off his bow tie during half of the show, we could feel his pain and then his relief when he finally put it away :naughty: He was also trying to talk about Bonfire Night in the UK (because exploding balloons really sounded like fireworks) and he started with 'on the 5th of November' and a whole part of the crowd shouted at him that it was the 3rd of November. He wasn't really happy about that :roftl: 'You think I'm saying we're the 5th of November in the UK while we're the 3rd in Brussels?' :aah:

After the gig we went to wait outside, nothing was organised, we could feel chaos coming up. I think nobody really understood that Mika would arrive so 'quickly', I mean after they made us all move backwards and then forward again. But then he was there with a great smile on his face and madness started. No barriers, just security guys trying to hold up people, I don't like that. By total luck I was right where Mika started going and I had him look at me for the first time :wub2: Because I wanted him to sign the glowing lollipop from Seoul that Yuna gave me, and I think he was intrigued, he said 'That's from South Korea!' Then he was gone :roftl: I could still take some pics from afar so I know I was quite lucky.

Today I stayed in Brussels mostly with Ilse, had a look around the city and went to eat with French girls Stéphanie, Audrey and Sylvie. We were all still in our little dream... Next time for me, Paris! Can't wait :boing:

Edited by camille*

Maaikie, your picture with Mika looks absolutely amazing!!!

Obviously if people have choir pictures or videos, I'd like them as well :blush-anim-cl:

I started a report, but it has become a little bit too long, so I think I need to shorten it a bit before putting it here :teehee:

Obviously if people have choir pictures or videos, I'd like them as well :blush-anim-cl:

I started a report, but it has become a little bit too long, so I think I need to shorten it a bit before putting it here :teehee:

What she means is she needs to re read it to take all the naughty bits out :mf_rosetinted:

WOW WOW WOW it was AWWWWESOMEEE!!! The gig was GREAT! and full of energy! and finally got my picture with the sweet Maxie or as how we call him Sexymaxie LOL! YAY! Below some vids that i made!

Billy brown

Big girl

Underwater

Love today

Love today part2

Uploaded my vids

Origin

Drunk

Popular

Lola

Un Soleil Mal Luné

Stardust

EMD

Relax

Thanks for the stunning pics, everyone!! I don't have any pics to share, mostly just filmed, I was too far away.

What she means is she needs to re read it to take all the naughty bits out :mf_rosetinted:

Hmpf! You read the whole thing now, so you know it isn't naughty, just very long.

Some pictures that Naim sent me, one of the guys. I tried to point everyone to the MFC, so I hope to see them here soon.

DSC02556.jpg

DSC02555.jpg

59598_4607067410815_1650371599_n.jpg

check my fb! Jolanda van de Velden-Lam Have some nice piccies of you!

Hmpf! You read the whole thing now, so you know it isn't naughty, just very long.

59598_4607067410815_1650371599_n.jpg

It is long - but it is very good :thumb_yello:

Yes..................nice pic....but you need to post the other one here too please...it's very good.

Mika looks shocked here..................what have you said to him? :wink2: