MIKA @ Cirque Royal, Brussels, BELGIUM - 03.11.2012 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mari62

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is long - but it is very good :thumb_yello:

Yes..................nice pic....but you need to post the other one here too please...it's very good.

Mika looks shocked here..................what have you said to him? :wink2:

I didn't say a thing! What kind of weird ideas do you have of me?

Here it is.

DSC02559.jpg

I just don’t know where to start!

It’s been one unforgettable night!

Okay, from the start:

Miek came to pick us up at 9 in the morning, on our way to Brussels we also picked up Sylvana. We would join Rian and Navah at the venu.

Arriving at the venue we got numbers up from 46! So their was already a substantial queu!

After getting our number we decided to have a good lunch before we would join our fellow fans.

The weather was very helpfull, no rain, even the sun came out at some time!

At around 3 they thought it was time to organise everyone on their number, at first it was a bit chaotic, but then I thought it would help to shout out each number to call that person on his/her place. Sorry for interfering ladies, but I just wanted to help.

At 7 the doors were openend and we could go inside. We got our little paperbag from IngieV. It striked us how tired she looked! It must have been a lot of work to get everything organised! I don’t envy them on that one!

After the openingsact with the young dj, who looked very cute according to some ladies around me, Mika came on. And don’t ask me why, but I was very emotional tonight. Allready after a view notes of that beautiful French chanson the tears rolled down my cheaks! And it stayed that way all night. Especially with my littlegirl on stage! She was soooo happy to be on stage with Mika! And I was such a proud mama! I cried many times, just watching her singing and dansing and interacting with Mika, it was just sooooo awesome! It was really a case, of child being happy, mum being happy!

DSC04974.jpg

DSC04868.jpg

The gig was just great, the enthusiasm of the audience grew by the minute! And it ended up in one big party! Just had to love it!

The m&g afterwards, outside was very chaotic! Many people wanted something from Mika and were ready to do a lot to get it. A lot of pushing and shouting. But Mika stayed calm and friendly as ever! Mama P was waiting for him in the van at the back of the venue. After Mika’s leaving, things got quiet again, and we had a little chat with our fellow MFC’ers and after some time the band got outside. I got a big hug from Joy when she stepped outside, and we spent a little time with Max, in which we also got a picture taken with him!

When the band members walked to the tourbus, and we headed for our cars, drummer Felix decided to join us, acting as if we would all go out together.

I want to say a big thanks for all the lovely people I have spoken with tonight! Just loved every minute of the night! Thank you! And hopefully it will not take too long before we can see eachother again!

DSC05049.jpg

DSC05047.jpg

DSC05044.jpg

You can see all my pictures on FB and at Photobucket http://s563.photobucket.com/albums/ss74/Jojotje61/Mika%20Cirque%20Royal%20Brussel%203%20nov%202012/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ24

Thanx for the great report, think I have nothing more to add to this (well maybe my pictures tomorrow :teehee:) it was AMAZING!!! Was so nice meeting you all and hopefully see you guys soon :blush-anim-cl:!!

I'm exhausted physically and mentally but I managed to upload my pics:

http://s980.photobucket.com/albums/ae286/plasticsastic/Mika%20at%20Brussels%2003-11-2012/

The concert was AMAZING!!!! :thumb_yello:

The security of the venue were quite keen on the number system and once we got around 100 numbers they kept the list. Thanks to the girl that spoke with them in French (sorry I don't know your name!), and thanks to Jojotje for the help organising the people in order. Is true it was a bit early to start forming the queue, but it was when the security guys put some fences creating a corridor and there was already 70-something people there.

I was the one recording the audience from the stage in Love You When You Are Drunk :blush-anim-cl: I think I'm still in shock!!!

Thanks to Leire and Miri to help me jump to the stage, it wasn't too high but I'm rubbish at climbing!

I tried to do my best with the video but my legs were shacking a bit, is very impresive to be in front of so many people and next to the man himself... so sorry if I the footage is not brilliant!!

I'll post the video (and the rest I recorded) tomorrow when it finishes uploading :wink2:

Edited by plasticsastic

Katrien and me arrived around 5.50 pm, Caroline, Celien, Joyce and a co-worker arrived a few minutes later and I instantly felt we were going to have a great night. We were standing in the queueu laughing, talking, being loud, generally having fun and joking around and of course talking about past gigs. It was so great to see each other again, had been quite a long time. Looking forward to the next gig already! :naughty: We quickly decided that we would all be sitting together. I had already been to this venue so I knew a nice place to sit. We had a great view, and most importantly an amazing overview of the crowd.

Some people were laughing with the bags but that didn't stop ANYONE from doing what was expected. Everyone had their balloon ready before the gig started. Man those things were hard to blow up. And for me even harder to tie a knot in. I had to ask for assistance from the lovely Joyce :naughty: When we were waiting, a few balloons were passed around with texts written on them like: "boo hoo, Mika is gay so isn't interested in girls : -(" and then on the back they had drawn some things :mf_rosetinted: Another balloon: "looking for a cute guy.

:-))))

I loved meeting up with you too....it's been way too long and we had a good laugh waiting to get in. *cough* nanny *cough* ;-)

I'm not a big fan of the new album but I loved the concert. Underwater and Stardust especially were amazing as was the opening song. Stunning.

Great to see Fortune looking so much like his older brother and the mighty Walter Van Beirendonck.

Pity I couldn't wait for the M&G (had to catch my train).

Anyway, pics of that day here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4756512680719.186557.1532284654&type=1&l=622154f6e5

I couldn't get the internet now so here's the rapport time... Actually, I've been on cloud nine all along for this gig, it's hard to find the right words to express what has happened last night in Brussels.

I had already seen Mika in Roubaix but well, Brussels gig was really special for me as I study in Brussels. It was a kind of hometown-gig ;') Sort of ~ So the excitement was much more intense for yesterday. I had spent Friday in Lille and came back Friday night to Brussels to be "on time" the day after for the Q.

I hadn't slept much and I was worried not to be able to wait all day at the front of the venue but the weather wasn't that bad and we were protected from the rain. 2 friends came along, they had already been to Antwerpen with me but I hadn't expected them to come as early as I did... Really, they were soooo nice :') I was n*17 :aah:

As Jojotje said, getting everyone to Q by following the list wasn't easy. Espeacially because people couldn't always understand each other. Finally, it wasn't that bad, I think. We managed to make it. We entered the venue at 7. I got my little bag from Niko ;)

We could find a spot on the right, 1st/2nd row ;) Winky was right behind our little group. Well, I was maybe a bit less close to the mic as I was in Roubaix but it didn't matter that much in that venue as you could see well from nearly anywhere. The DJ was fine but I actually felt sorry for him. His set wasn't anythign special but no one was really paying attention either ;'>

And then came Mika. I was really surprised by his outfit as it wasn't the same AT ALL as the one he had in Roubaix. I was really happy 'cause I felt as if he wanted to make this gig special :') And starting with "Un soleil mal luné" was really great. Many people didn't know it as it's a bonus track, some even wondered what he was doing but people really liked it, I think. It was a great song to kick off the show !

Then, well, I had to look at the setlist *could get it ~ * to remember the order of the songs... but everything went very fast. I mean, I had forgotten about time, living in the moment and making the best of it.

So, after Un Soleil Mal Luné, he went on with Grace Kelly. People could sing along and it was soooo cool 'cause you could actually hear the whole crowd sing (and for nearly every song, it was the case... Can you imagine ?)

For Blue Eyes, he made us sing a bit but a bit less than in Roubaix. Then, Tim came to the front and Mika sang Blue Eyes. He was making some wave movements to the right, then the left... The whole crowd started dancing as well, waving to the right and then the left.... Aaaah it was soo cool !

Then, he played the piano for Billy Brown and then Relax. I can't remember for which one but he started doing weird things with his legs, like biking in the air or something... :'D The crowd was on fire for Relax ! Mika stood on the Piano and jumped around~

Lola was really cool, he played with the crowd as well for the "Lololololaaaa" ~

Then Rain... A quiet start and then BOOM ! The chorus explodes !! I loved it when we were all screaming "I hate days like this" ~ The atmosphere was great !

POPULAR now ... Well, I have to admit I don't know the whole lyrics for this one... And so, I couldn't sing along as much as I could for other songs but this song has been on my mind today... I couldn't stop singing it while I was revising my Dutch vocabulary ~ It was really really cool !!

Big Girl, joyful and dynamic as usual... Not my favourite though ;'D

And then... Stardust. OMG. I had already heard it in Roubaix and thought it was really beautiful but yesterday, it was even more breathtaking... I kind of started to cry while listening. The time stopped and... God, the tears are coming back now... It was really moving. People joined for the lights effect and it made it even more magical...

He went on with Underwater *I'm sure he wanted me to drawn in my tears... Bad guy, knew it :mf_rosetinted: * and well, we made bubbles ! x) It was really beautiful... He smiled when he first saw the bubbles~ However, We couldn't get the bubbles to go towards him because of the AIRCO :'> But still, this moment was really powerful. He made us sing "Underwater" with a really soft tone...

Stuck in the middle - He had some fun on the piano with Curtis ;>

Love Today - He made us sing Doom, da da-di da-di, doom, da da-di da-di, ect ~

LYWID : He had drunk right before the song and well, I can't recall how it started but I think that's at that moment he said he could actually see everyone in the standing area but the area above was so dark, he couldn't see anything. He asked for lights to see that area. He could then see the WHOLE audience and it was fu**ng crazy to see, really... He then asked a girl who was dancing which language she spoke but she didn't answer and danced (I think) and so, he started to dance like her and we all did the same... We did this move each he sang the chorus :D It was really really really cool ! I love this song and that moment was just insane. I wanne go back there, now :blush-anim-cl:

Elle me dit - He did the French version, entirely.

TOOL - Balloon time ! ~ I couldn't see the stage entirely because of the balloons but we could hear the crowd was singing along, Mika could even stopped singing at some point. It was magic. We threw our ballons on stage. Later, he began walking on the balloons to make them explode... xD

Happy Ending... Well, that's THE song that always gives me chills and well, once again, it did. The audience was singing along, again... I love the way he ended the song... :wub2:

Celebrate - Pompoms time ! I can't get enough of this China Boy verse, really. I love Joy's part... Her voice is soooo beautiful ! I keep on thinking she's too much at the back... We can't see her as well as we would like to... :'(

Lollipop - I thought it was the last song as he often picks this one to end the show... Party time, again. A guy came behind me... He came from further behind and was really into the song.. He was jumping A LOT and I was surprised at first as I hadn't seen him... He started waving his hand towards Tim to asj if he could come on stage but Tim said no... We are Golden Then, Mika came near us and he asked as well, Mika told him to wait *sign language* and later, the guy went on stage XD I was like O_O Hahaha And the guy danced on stage, he was really good and he did well, he made people sing louder and so on... It was cool :) Lucky guy but really, he managed well to do "his job" ^.^ He also danced with the choir... (By the way, I was at the opposite of the choir but from what I could see, they rocked ;D BRAVO BRAVO ! )

Voilà ~

After the gig, we stayed a bit inside. No need to rush outside. My two friends went home as they didn't want to wait and I joined Minnie & cie to wait for the man at the back of the venue. This was a complete CHAOS. There wasn't much space... and there was a bit of traffic in the streets so...It was a mess. People were pushing, shouting "Mika, Mika" :shocked: Mika was really nice and signed lots of CDs & so on but he did not stay as long as he did in Roubaix and I think the nervous atmosphere has something to do with it. I just stayed at the back of the crowd as people wasn't leaving... Not really disappointed. I was still on cloud 9 ;'D

We ate the waffles I had brought from Liège, talked a lot and then, I took a cab to go back to my friend's house :>

In short, last night was far more than anything I could ever have expected. It was beyond everything I had ever imagined. Thank you everyone who made last night what it was. And thank you to everyone I met yesterday ! :3 Really, it was really cool meeting you all ! :>

I'm back at my dorm, in Brussels. Earlier tonight, I was waiting for my bus and I couldn't help singing Stardust... Chills were coming back as the images of last night invaded my mind... Tonight, Brussels is sooo quiet, it's really weird...

Best gig ever. I miss it already. Oh God, what am I gonna do now ? :dunno:

Well, at least for now, I should so to sleep. *Worst summing up ever, sorry for the length*

P1020926.jpg

P1020942.jpg

Edited by Kaito

Thanks so much for the reports, pics and especially for the vids everyone:flowers2:

The balloons look so good!!!

What an amazing start of the gig with Un Soleil Mal Lune, such a beautiful and moving performance:wub2:

Hi, I don't come on here a lot anymore, but I thought I should write a review, for the people who did not have a chance to be there saturday.

So, 2 friends (one of them was Froy, he popped up a few pages ago with his hilarious Flemish review) and I arrived at "Het koninklijk circus" around 2:45pm, we were number 77 to 79 so we had high hopes to stand close to the stage. Waiting was more fun than we expected and we were joking around in good spirits and good weather (we thought it was going to rain, but we did not see a drop)

So we got in and stood in the second row on the right, which was great!! The people around us seemed really nice, there was enough space and nobody was pushing. Only poor Froy was standing behind a huge guy who just had to stand on the first row. Next to the huge guy stood a young boy who was probably experiencing his first Mika concert. He stood in the first row, but he had a bit of bad luck. He had to look around the large man next to him. The DJ started, but we did not really like him, he seemed a little bit full of himself (Sorry DJ). So we just joked around during his performance (again, sorry DJ).

This venue was amazing, nice vibe, quite small, no running, good organization, friendly security guards...

So we had high hopes for the concert. It started of slow with Un soleil mal luné, but that song is so beautiful live. He just made us speechless with that one, the whole venue became silent. After that it started to warm up and then at one point it exploded!! I can not really point out when it blew up, but I think Mika meant to lead the gig this way because he chose a slow song to start the concert. I lost myself in the moment so I do not know the right order of the setlist anymore and I’m too lazy to look it up. Stardust was so beautiful, the 3 of us were having tears in our eyes and I absolutely loved underwater. It is one of my favorite songs on the new album, the bubbles brought a nice extra touch to the song. Around I only love you when I’m drunk he asked to turn the lights on in the tribune, we looked behind us and the audience looked amazing, I think everybody was on their feet. Around that time he spotted a lady in the tribune and asked to show us some moves. She was standing far away, but still he noticed her, that was great (You! Yes you, I like you! He said.). Mika really looked in the audience Saturday night, this is the first time in 3 gigs I really noticed it. He even saw the 4 people who were dancing way up on the highest tribune above the right side of the stage. I didn’t even realized they were there, but I was happy I looked up. They danced really funny.

So it was a great concert, everybody else already talked about the highlights and I absolutely agree. I will add a few more things. The guy who danced on stage, suddenly popped up out of nowhere next to us, our neighbors were a bit pissed off because he stood in front of them and he started to jump really high before he asked to go on the stage. At the same time there were already 2 big security guys on the right side of the stage keeping an eye on him. Then Mika gave him the sign to come on stage, our neighbors were happy again because they were back in the second row. However, the 2 security guys moved immediately to the stage. One was ready to climb on stage, the other one suddenly stood right in front of us. Thank you security guards, I felt really safe because you 2 were keeping such a close eye to everything that was happening, but I would have appreciated it if you kept a close eye behind me instead of in front of me. However the guys realized there was not a security issue, because Mika had everything under control and they walked back to the side.

I really liked Mika in Vorst Nationaal because it was my first concert and my first Mika concert, but this one seemed even better than the first one. Such a wonderful evening.

The concert ended and Froy had to leave to catch his train. My other friend and I wanted to try to get an autograph. We walked to the other side of the venue and there were around 60 people there. (on the first concert in Brussels we were with 20 people in total.) So I was a bit worried it was not going to work this time. We stood on the side, because there were less people. Then Mika walked outside and on the other side everybody started to push. Security guards made sure they kept their distance. Mika signed on every side where people were waiting and he talked shortly to the crew members who watched the craziness unfold next to the equipment van. During the signing, balcony doors from one of the apartments on the other side of the street opened and 2 little kids started to call Mika’s name. It was so cute, I think he waved back, but I couldn’t see clearly because the van blocked my view. He also signed the balloons of 3 kids who were waiting with their parents in front of the minivan that would bring him back to his hotel. Then a miracle happened and we actually got an autograph, everybody on our side got one. So we were really lucky and I still glance at my cd once in a while, because I still can not really believe we were so fortunate.

So, it was a great evening, amazing and as usual my review got a lot longer than I expected. :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by sky

Because I wanted him to sign the glowing lollipop from Seoul that Yuna gave me, and I think he was intrigued, he said 'That's from South Korea!' Then he was gone :roftl: I could still take some pics from afar so I know I was quite lucky.

You know what? I'm feeling jealous of that lollipop now! :roftl:

Thank you for your long detailed report... that make me feel like I was there too :aah: I really wish to join there..not only Mika gig but hanging out with you guys in Brussels streets... :wub2:

Damn plz anyone cut this Korean peninsular off and glue it next to UK or near there :mf_rosetinted:

LYWID : He had drunk right before the song and well, I can't recall how it started but I think that's at that moment he said he could actually see everyone in the standing area but the area above was so dark, he couldn't see anything. He asked for lights to see that area. He could then see the WHOLE audience and it was fu**ng crazy to see, really... He then asked a girl who was dancing which language she spoke but she didn't answer and danced (I think) and so, he started to dance like her and we all did the same... We did this move each he sang the chorus :D It was really really really cool ! I love this song and that moment was just insane. I wanne go back there, now :blush-anim-cl:

Oh that dancing girl is a Korean girl, traveled there to see the gig, and according to the reports that girl really rocked there :lmfao: She said sorry for Belgian ppl for beling totally crazy there :mf_rosetinted::naughty: also said Mika's not coming to Asia this year but maybe next year..

Edited by Yuna

So we had high hopes for the concert. It started of slow with Un soleil mal luné, but that song is so beautiful live. He just made us speechless with that one, the whole venue became silent.

It really looked stunning, from the videos.

Around I only love you when I’m drunk he asked to turn the lights on in the tribune, we looked behind us and the audience looked amazing, I think everybody was on their feet. Around that time he spotted a lady in the tribune and asked to show us some moves. She was standing far away, but still he noticed her, that was great (You! Yes you, I like you! He said.). Mika really looked in the audience Saturday night, this is the first time in 3 gigs I really noticed it. He even saw the 4 people who were dancing way up on the highest tribune above the right side of the stage.

The lighting at the NYC venue was amazing. I noticed it even before the gig started. Everything just seemed so OPEN. It created this sense that everyone was together. Not on the stage or on the floor or in the balcony, but all together. I think it was the second night that Mika commented on the lighting and how he could see everyone and I wonder if he's purposely trying to recreate it now at other venues. It makes such a noticeable difference to the vibe and the energy.

Playlist with my vids:

Including the one I recorded from the stage :blush-anim-cl:

Thanks so much for that, I've been waiting to see it! I knew you looked familiar but I should have realized it was you on stage. :doh:

I love how he keeps singing to you/the camera, you could see it even in the other video. And the thumbs up at the end!

I really feel like the "old" Mika is back. So connected to the audience and spontaneous and just generally happy. :wub2:

Playlist with my vids:

Including the one I recorded from the stage :blush-anim-cl:

You should send the linke from the one on stage to the Facebook-page, it would be amazing if they putted on there! :D

Really like the vid, if Love you when I'm drunk will be a single they have to use some pieces of that vid to put in the videoclip 'cause it's really amazing!

You should send the linke from the one on stage to the Facebook-page, it would be amazing if they putted on there! :D

Really like the vid, if Love you when I'm drunk will be a single they have to use some pieces of that vid to put in the videoclip 'cause it's really amazing!

Thanks!! :thumb_yello:

I've just sent the link to that video to the Facebook page :teehee:

Thanks!! :thumb_yello:

I've just sent the link to that video to the Facebook page :teehee:

Also superb I'm recognisable in the video haha :D Very weird to see myself dancing, jumping and singing...