mari62

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4. Blame it on the girls

5. Big Girl

6. Stamping the balloons and introduction band!

Can't get my pictures up here, but the links work :blush-anim-cl:

http://twitpic.com/bamfnt

http://twitpic.com/bamg9n

We had number 57 and all these people were behind us

http://twitpic.com/bamhqa

http://twitpic.com/bami6e

http://twitpic.com/bamihl

http://twitpic.com/bamiqf

http://twitpic.com/bamizr

http://twitpic.com/bamjn7

http://twitpic.com/bamk00 :naughty:

http://twitpic.com/bamkck

http://twitpic.com/bamkob

http://twitpic.com/baml8w With the bubbles :mf_rosetinted:

http://twitpic.com/bamlu2 This was sudge an great moment to, he loved it :wub2:

Still have 5 more vids to upload, will do that later :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by Stefanie

Another try then.

We wandered through the centre of Brussels for quite a while, trying to find the venue and when we arrived the queue was already huge. We ended up in the back of the standing area, but we still had a good view.

I loved the gig, the crowd was very enthusiastic and I really like the red balloons during The Origin Of Love. Had a fantastic day with Laurel, Shady and Weealx :wub2:

Some pics:

brussel05-1.jpg

brussel04.jpg

brussel03.jpg

brussel01.jpg

brussel02.jpg

And some vids:

Un Soleil Mal Luné (missed the first part cause I was messing with my phone and didn't expect him to start with this song)

[YOUTUBE]ctbE5MVCPKk[/YOUTUBE]

A short vid of the choir during Big Girl

[YOUTUBE]93E0pdcS9TU[/YOUTUBE]

Popular Song

[YOUTUBE]H7W2tIclq54[/YOUTUBE]

where is the vid I took for you? and yes you had a fantastic day with me :) wish I was you so I could spend a fantastic day with me :)

still luvin ya

where are my copies of the pics taken before the show?

ps, coming back to get you on another random day :) so much fun was had

where is the vid I took for you? and yes you had a fantastic day with me :) wish I was you so I could spend a fantastic day with me :)

still luvin ya

where are my copies of the pics taken before the show?

ps, coming back to get you on another random day :) so much fun was had

The file is very big, I didn't convert it into avi yet.

You're a cutie, you can visit me any time. But next time the boyfriend might be home so I won't show you my bedroom again. :roftl::floor:

laurelshadyweealx.jpg

I didn't expect to be on this show but I want more Mika before being on the choir so I came to bruxelles (thanks to miek for tickets :thumb_yello:)

This show was amazing and I loved how he was dress

I love the Only love you when I'm drunk video from the stage

thanks for all pics and vid

thanks for bag with ballons, Mika loved it :fisch:

all my pics are on my facebook but they are not good :blink:

I gave a shredded report on Facebook.

Blowing bubbles during 'Underwater' <3 looks magical from the stage.

For those who weren't there, check out the vid for "Popular" - it proves that yes, you can hear the choir.

I wasn't in that much pain. I think at festivals pain bothers me because I'm waiting and bored. I was having fun all day so yes, I was in pain, but I didn't care. I didn't do the crouching act though, I think that would have caused me not to be able to get out of bed for a day or three. Mika asked: "Is anyone hurt?" and I was like, yes, my knees are inflamed. And he was like, OK, you shouldn't do this act then. Just dance around a little, we'll see. "Maybe we can get you a chair." Awwwwwww <3 (I have inflammation lumps on my knees. Anxiously waiting for them to go away. Taking anti-inflammatories in the meantime.)

We had hideous gowns that smelt like a dead rat, to which Mika's mum though of no better than to spray a horrible perfume on them. Thanks, mum... The gowns looked like typical choir gowns so Naïm started singing "Oh Happy Day" almost instantaneously and about half of us joined him. It was fun.

In the vid it looks like he's throwing a bear at the stage. It dropped right at my feet. I was quite insulted. He was really throwing it to nowhere.

I'm appalled that I can't iron my backstage pass to my polkadot dress (I put on a polkadot dress for this occasion.)

During the rehearsal: singing French "Karen" with the choir, getting treated to the English version. Loved every moment of it!

I have done quite a lot of gigs/performances but every time at parties and the max. amount of people I performed for was 330 at a wedding party. I was so bloody ****ing nervous! It went okay though. I felt adrenaline rushing through me when we were all told to leave stage again.

I tortured my knees, ankles and shins (that's new - shins!) yesterday, but it was all worth it.

Oh, and Mika dragged ME into the picture! I don't care about pictures of him, I even forgot to bring my three CDs. I'm anxiously waiting for the picture to come on line sometime.

Also, thank you Tim Van Der Kuil, you made my day :-D Auditioning for the alto choir and getting a request to please sing the high parts because "You have a terrific voice"... Aaahhhh...

I am just so glad I auditioned. I auditioned three days ago, the day after I had an e-mail telling me I could go and then there was the magic from yesterday... I should do more stuff like that.

sounds lik u enjoyed it all

Hi

This is my turn to write a CR.

What a wonderful day, gig, night, wouaw! We were at the venue at 11AM and got numbers 38 and 39. We were in the second group to come inside. So well placed second row, infront of his microphone Yeah!

The queue was really fun, cool and friendly and the gig was wonderful. Mika loved the balloons (I brought some of mine: white and red heart balloons, so he has had white hearts too). The bubbles were beautiful on Underwater, it was magical. On celebrate, the serpentines were not so good (last time I do it).

Love You When I'm Drunk was unforgettable!!!! Thanks a lot for your video plasticsastic :thumb_yello: well done!

Here are some of the pictures we've taken at the gig, before and after.

47285720121103005Low.jpg

16494420121103010Low.jpg

87573620121103025Low.jpg

20225520121103028Low.jpg

33609320121103031Low.jpg

31269820121103044Low.jpg

84714720121103065Low.jpg

56739520121103072Low.jpg

61124920121103075Low.jpg

51381220121103141Low.jpg

I love your vid! It's so amazing to see everyone doing that dancemove! :biggrin2:And I can't help to try spotting myself the entire song. :teehee:

Haha I see I'm not the only one :roftl:

Thank you very much for posting the vid, it was a great moment :wub2:

Un Soleil mal Lune:

Oh S**t! Somewhere about 2:12-2:13 you can see someone's face just above the microphone for a tiny while:shocked: Guess it's someone from the team or the choir, but it looks kinda creepy:aah:

Anyway, thanks for the vid, the quality is great :thumb_yello: I loved that he started with this song.

Edited by holysusie

My photos!

It took a little while, I know, but my internet is having problems here...

I was in the choir, and we just didn't really listen to the rule that said; please no photos, dont try' xD we tried haha:naughty:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.520309717980249.125385.100000036766609&type=3

also a little vid I made in the dressing room. I stopped filming because Tim came:teehee:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=519826011361953&set=vb.100000036766609&type=3&theater

I'm exhausted physically and mentally but I managed to upload my pics:

http://s980.photobucket.com/albums/ae286/plasticsastic/Mika%20at%20Brussels%2003-11-2012/

The concert was AMAZING!!!! :thumb_yello:

The security of the venue were quite keen on the number system and once we got around 100 numbers they kept the list. Thanks to the girl that spoke with them in French (sorry I don't know your name!), and thanks to Jojotje for the help organising the people in order. Is true it was a bit early to start forming the queue, but it was when the security guys put some fences creating a corridor and there was already 70-something people there.

I was the one recording the audience from the stage in Love You When You Are Drunk :blush-anim-cl: I think I'm still in shock!!!

Thanks to Leire and Miri to help me jump to the stage, it wasn't too high but I'm rubbish at climbing!

I tried to do my best with the video but my legs were shacking a bit, is very impresive to be in front of so many people and next to the man himself... so sorry if I the footage is not brilliant!!

I'll post the video (and the rest I recorded) tomorrow when it finishes uploading :wink2:

you did a great job, hope you do not mind that I put it on my fb page :)

The file is very big, I didn't convert it into avi yet.

You're a cutie, you can visit me any time. But next time the boyfriend might be home so I won't show you my bedroom again. :roftl::floor:

laurelshadyweealx.jpg

never mind I am sure your boyfriend might show me :)

answer your pm I sent you I want all the pics that were taken with me and lots of others,

ps I luv you coz you are as daft as me and wendy good time laughing and not a care in the world :)

OK ... so anyone who doesn't know I went very last minute to Brussels on Friday night ... probably the most spontaneous thing I've ever done ... I wrote all this in the Oldlings last night so am copying some of it here ... :wink2:

The drive to Brussels was uneventful ... there was alot of laughter and excited chatter from all of us .. just a really really nice vibe ... I have to say I wasn't tired at all .... just really up for a great night ... we got to the parking place easily and parked the car ... Kaatje had bought her satnav with her when we'd picked her up so that bit was fine ... once we left the car park ... it was a different matter ... I don't know what time we left that car park ... but we walked for what seemed like hours in search of the elusive venue ... no luck asking people ... not even policemen ... six of them ... oh it's in that direction ... no it isn't ... it's in that direction ... by now it's dark ... and I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever find it ... so we keep walking ... and we turn round a corner ... and I'm peering ahead ... and what is that ... does that look like a queue going round that corner ... get to it ... it's a queue ... it looks like a Mika queue (I don't quite know why I knew it was a Mika queue without even seeing the venue at the start of it - but I did) ... Queue was huge ... oh hell ... yes ... we're very late ... doors will be opening soon ... go off to buy the ticket from Tiibet for Alex ... oh crap ... she's sold it ... she'd seen the posts about me printing mine from the hotel and didn't think I needed it anymore ... she hadn't realised I needed two ... I was so down about it ... Alex said he didn't care and wasn't bothered ... but I was ... we'd already decided we weren't queuing ... we'd go in when the queue had gone so went to get coffee or tea across the road ... there had been a tout around who knew we'd been looking for a ticket and when Alex and Wendy went out for a cigarette he suddenly appeared and sold Alex a ticket for it ... I was so pleased ... he paid quite abit for it ... far more than any of us were happy about ... Queue was still outside and at this point we saw Miek and Irene and Maikke ... it was lovely to see them all and they were so excited about the show and what was going to happen ... so was I by this point ... we went for a walk and went round the back to see what that was like and I had a moment with a parking meter that I thought was a person ... it wasn't very talkative though we did have a huge laugh at this ... as they thought I was nuts ... it did look like a man with a uniform on and wearing a hat and I'm sticking to this kay ... said hello to some security guy as we went past ... not the others ... I did this ... and he ignored me ... so I was not happy ... so I went back and made him say hello to me ... I think he thought I was mad ... I did too ... I think by this point I was quite tired .... yes ... I blame this ... on tiredness ... also for the fact that I told him he'd made my night and who needed Mika ... we wandered back up the road giggling ... yes ... I was tired ok ... when we went back round the corner - the queue had gone We went in the venue ... we had general admission floor tickets ... Alex ... didn't ... they wouldn't let him in with us ... he had to go upstairs ... we begged ... nope ...I said we'd come all the way from the UK and had travelled overnight and not slept ... nope ... I got down on my knees and said I'd marry the guy ... nope ... ok ... that last bit didn't happen ... Alex had to go upstairs ... so we hugged and went in ... to be given bags by Luke ... saw Laura too who was looking remarkably perky ... went upstairs and did see Ingie briefly but I don't think she saw us ... made our way into the auditorium and by this point it was pretty full ... but the floor still had plenty of room ... and was still pretty close to the stage .... so that's where we went ... now just waiting for some singer to come on and entertain us

During the dj set ... we'd seen where Alex was and had been waving at him ... it was very high up ... and he'd been saying he didn't like heights ... so I didn't envy him being up there ... I noticed after awhile he'd disappeared ... the dj was still on ... and suddenly he appeared ... not Mika ... Alex .. from behind us ... he was here .. how ... did they relent and let you in finally ... nope ... he'd gone and got another ticket ... more money for the scalpers ... do I hug or kill them ... not sure ... I also shortly after this spotted where the family were ... I was actually just looking around at the crowd ... and first spotted Zuleika - then actually thought it was Mika sat next to her ... what the **** is he doing ... oh hang on ... no it isn't It's Fortune ... yes ... he does bloody look like him .... I can't even sum up what it feels like once the dj has gone and you know he's gonna be on soon ... you know what it's like ... but then finally the lights went down ... and the band took their places ... and ... there he was ... in a bow tie ... and a jacket ... and looking ... well remarkably handsome ... once this was done it was just party all the way for me ... I don't think I stopped dancing once ... and I'm sorry if I bothered anyone but I don't even have a choice in it ... it just happens ... I'm not self-conscious when I see Mika ... I just let go ... his music just does something to me ... and I'm so glad I have this back again ... highlights you already know about ... the choir was amazing ... I want to do this even more now ... I loved Popular Song ... it just works so well live ... and especially with the added voices .... loved Stardust ... it just gives me shivers ... I felt he was very relaxed and seemed to be really enjoying himself up there ... so he should ... when the I Love You When I'm Drunk thing happened I was looking around ... cos' it truly looked incredible ... and then just glanced at his family ... his mum was smiling from ear to ear ... and Yasmine's face was a picture ... it's something I don't think I'll forget ... I don't think any of us could understand what that must be like for them ... we know what it's like for us ... but for them it must be truly inspiring ... makes everything they do worthwhile ... I'm so glad he pulled a girl up to capture that moment ... I've already seen the vid ... but you were just caught up in it ... shows can bang on about X Factor all they like ... but when you have someone who so naturally has it in abundance - it's truly breathtaking .... Happy Ending ... ok ... I could skip this bit but I won't ... I cried ... it was just a kind of closure thing for me ... a goodbye finally to those Amsterdam memory's - I wasn't expecting the tears to come ... Wendy gave me a tissue which I was thankful for ... but it was emotional in places for me ... but I can let it go now ... it's done ... the problem with Mika gigs is they never last long enough ... you look around that room at everyone just dancing and loving everything about this evening ... during Origin I did this ... and it was the same with everyone ... you catch a stranger's eye and they just beam at you ... it's everywhere ... it's really special ... he must never lose this ... I don't think he will ... and those of us who get it ... feel it ... cherish it ... he's a one off ... the White Stripes moment was really amusing ... just suddenly hearing that refrain come out of nowhere and get louder and louder and louder ... and Mika was just laughing ... and I looked around ... and Yasmine was just laughing ... and we're all singing it ... and then it's Lollipop ... and ... then it's all over too soon ... all the banter ... all the funniness ... about the toys ... and why can't you give me wine or something ... why a panda ... why ... He's so cute ... I am just so happy and so much on a high still but it's over ... and he's gone ... and now it's back to reality ... but I still have the M&G to mention ... pfft ... it all I can about that for a minute But it has a happy ending ... stay tuned

Actually I think Alex said the second ticket was from a lady who had a spare so maybe not a scalper ... I know the first one definitely was ... but not sure about the second ... I was just pleased we got to share this together ... I don't think it would have been the same if he'd been upstairs ... and I don't think he would have enjoyed it either or been able to stay up there ...