MIKA @ Cirque Royal, Brussels, BELGIUM - 03.11.2012 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mari62

Right onwards to the M&G ... I was very grateful to Alex, Wendy and Karin for letting me stay to see him ... I did give up at one point as where he was gonna be was too many people ... and I just can't be doing with that ... I don't mob ... I can't be bothered ... and I feel uncomfortable with it ... and for him ... so I went off and said hello to Ilse ... and made my way back to where Alex and that were sat and said I couldn't be bothered but they were saying it had been lovely in Amsterdam so I just sat down ... and then they started moving some things ... and more barriers came out ... so I got up and walked across and got up to the barrier ... I was quite hopeful of seeing Mika properly for once ... and maybe not distracted by someone else ... or just overlooked ... even when he signs things ... I don't feel he really notices me ... I'm abit too shy and not very forthcoming I guess ... I can't remember the exact order of how things happened but things got moved abit more until the area I had in front of me had a huge red van in front of it with just a bit of room for a person ... though I didn't think they'd have a hell's chance of getting him down here to me ... then he came out ... and things got a bit mad ... people on the right side of me moved as realised he wasn't gonna probably get there and there was a woman on my left who was probably in her 40's and she was shorter than me so I could still see him coming ... and then suddenly I couldn't see anything ... the woman on my left had climbed onto the barrier ... standing on it ... couldn't see a thing ... normally I'd give up and bugger off disappointed ... but I hadn't slept ... had had a great night ... and wanted a glimpse of Mika ... so I asked her to get down nicely as I couldn't see ... she looked and me and said "NO" ... I tapped her on the arm again and asked again for her to get down "NO" I ****ing pulled her down ... she tried to shrug me off and got up again ... by this point I was fuming ... and pulled her down again and asked her what she was playing at did she see anyone else climbing on the barrier and stop being so selfish ... by this point Mika was there and she'd taken tons of photos in his face So she moved finally ... and he was there in front of me ... still smiling still looking ok ... but he had that look in his eye I recognise ... he's nearly done ... he's had enough ... there was still people waiting for things to be signed but not everyone was gonna be lucky ... so I just said "Mika ... can you please sign this ... I've come from the UK have travelled all night ... not slept ... and am knackered lol" ... something like that anyway ... He looked and took my paper ... and normally then would look away to talk to someone else and just pass it back without being aware of me ... yep .. that's my lot ... oh ... no he's not ... he's really looking at me ... and then nodding and beaming at me ... and ok ... I think I might quite like this ... I was so pleased to get his attention for once ... I don't normally ... I was so happy ... It was such a good night We didn't stay for the band ... I never do to be honest ... were abit worried about finding our way back to the car but found it alot easier than finding the venue ... I was extremely relieved to find a toilet as was bursting ... it was nice to settle back into the car for the journey back ... I don't think I've laughed as much as I have this weekend ... I had such a great time ... I now know how to say IRN BRU .. that's something else I remember - by this point I was really lagging ... I do remember us dropping off Karin ... and then I think I must have fallen asleep for a few minutes - because the next thing I knew we were at the hotel and Alex was saying he'd be back shortly as he as gonna drop off Wendy ... and he'd try not to wake me ... by the time he'd gone and I'd got into the room I think it was 2.00am ... I feel asleep instantly ... 6.00am ish I woke up cos' I wanted the loo ... went to get up ... and realised Alex's bed was empty ... dread ... utter dread ... I didn't have a clue where he was ... phone was nearly dead ... and didn't have either Karin's or Wendy's number ... especially Wendy as she was the last person I'd seen ... I texted him ... but didn't even know if I'd have enough juice in it to get a reply ... I forgot the charger With the little juice I had remaining I managed to retrieve his number of my phone and my brothers in case I needed them ... I was so bloody relieved when I heard a key card in the door ... I'm not sure how long after me waking up and him opening the door there was ... but it seemed ages ... he'd got lost ... driving back from Wendy's ... I'd had visions of him being so tired and crashing or something ... was trying to work out how to find out if there had been any accidents or anything and realising I didn't have a picture of him .. I can't tell you the relief ... he was really tired ... and one minute was talking to me - berating me for not keeping his bed warm and then mid sentence he was asleep ... I was just glad to see him there

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved your report Laurel. I'm really glad you had a special moment with Mika. :wub2: And I agree with you about the X factor. It's something really extraordinary and you have to be at a gig to fully appreciate it.

It is ... I just wish more people could see it ... but we do ... we get it ... :wub2::wub2: sorry ... it's been days and I'm still on my cloud :lmfao:

It is ... I just wish more people could see it ... but we do ... we get it ... :wub2::wub2: sorry ... it's been days and I'm still on my cloud :lmfao:

I went to a Toronto gig with some MFCers so I got a friend of mine a pair of tickets so she could take someone else since I didn't expect her to queue, etc. She was further back and described it the same way you did, how everyone was lost in the moment and beaming and Mika had everyone in the palm of his hands and could have convinced the audience to follow him anywhere.

I went to a Toronto gig with some MFCers so I got a friend of mine a pair of tickets so she could take someone else since I didn't expect her to queue, etc. She was further back and described it the same way you did, how everyone was lost in the moment and beaming and Mika had everyone in the palm of his hands and could have convinced the audience to follow him anywhere.

It's the first time I've really seen it ... I'm nearly always at the front ... I wouldn't have missed it for anything ... you were just a part of something ... and he does kind of cast a spell over you when he's on that stage ... and when it's over ... your left kind of blinking once the lights go back up ... and are wondering what the hell just happened :wub2:

Loved your report Laurel. I'm really glad you had a special moment with Mika. :wub2: And I agree with you about the X factor. It's something really extraordinary and you have to be at a gig to fully appreciate it.

It's the first time I've really seen it ... I'm nearly always at the front ... I wouldn't have missed it for anything ... you were just a part of something ... and he does kind of cast a spell over you when he's on that stage ... and when it's over ... your left kind of blinking once the lights go back up ... and are wondering what the hell just happened :wub2:

That is all so very true!! And yes, I'm also still on my cloud refusing to come off :mf_rosetinted:

Will upload my last vids now

if only *dreams*

Would love to have one :mf_rosetinted:

This time machine should be included with the ticket. :fisch:

"I'm not over you, what am I gonna do ?"

Still on cloud 9, singing Mika's songs all day...

Popular

Blame it on the girls

Relax

Seven nation army, lollipop

Seven nation army, lollipop and back to seven nation army :teehee:

I didnt upload anything double in case you're wondering :teehee:, we both had a camera, so it's from different angles :wink2:

Enjoy :wub2:

Here's the two vids I took:

Popular feat. Polka Dot choir :thumb_yello:

Lola

Kinda happy with the quality. :)

Loving you for that!

Oh S**t! Somewhere about 2:12-2:13 you can see someone's face just above the microphone for a tiny while:shocked: Guess it's someone from the team or the choir, but it looks kinda creepy:aah:

Anyway, thanks for the vid, the quality is great :thumb_yello: I loved that he started with this song.

It's not the choir, we were in the back of the audience during this song.

My photos!

It took a little while, I know, but my internet is having problems here...

I was in the choir, and we just didn't really listen to the rule that said; please no photos, dont try' xD we tried haha:naughty:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.520309717980249.125385.100000036766609&type=3

also a little vid I made in the dressing room. I stopped filming because Tim came:teehee:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=519826011361953&set=vb.100000036766609&type=3&theater

What?!? I had no idea you were filming that :chair:

Yes, I really did have a wonderful time.

I'm wondering who took the picture of Mika and me? I have found loads on Facebook of me standing in the way of all sorts of things, occasionally blending in, but not that one picture I'm looking for... Who took it? If you have it, please e-mail or PM it to me, post it on here or on Facebook, tweet me - I want to have that picture :-D

Edited by lynx

So... finally... somewhat shortened report of my Polka Dot experience :D

I arrived at Cirque Royal a little after 3 pm, found the Dutch crew that had been sitting there for over 3 hours already, and about a hundred other people queueing. I think the staff at the venue freaked out a bit and didn't know what to do with all these people that were there that early, but they had given everyone numbers and told everyone the first 100 people could get in earlier. Maaikie, Miek and me went to the entrance and asked about how to get in. The security guy didn't know, but after he asked around, he directed us to the back of the building, where we were picked up and brought to our dressing room. The venue was like a maze, so we ended up crossing the stage on our way to the dressing room. It didn't look too scary to me, but a wave of excitement definitely hit at that point. In the dressing room we got some forms to fill out and got our backstage passes.

Within the next hour, we were joined by the other members of the choir. In total there were 12 of us, which we were quite happy about. There were only two guys, but fortunately both of them were really good singers. In the beginning it was a bit weird with the languages, as half the choir spoke Dutch and the other half spoke French. Obviously we had English in common, but I had the feeling we were like two choirs in the beginning. That changed though, and a few hours later we were mixing languages all over the place and constantly forgot who spoke which language. Mika nicely joined in there, all of a sudden switching to French while instructing us :doh:

But at this point Mika wasn't there yet. The band was there earlier, and popped in to say hi as they came in. When we were almost complete, Tim got us out for a rehearsal with the band, which was great. After the first song we rehearsed, I think it was BG, he said we were the most in tune choir so far. In general they were very actively giving us compliments and being very careful about not being too tough on us. Not just the band, also Mika. They all seemed very much aware of the fact that a positive atmosphere in the choir was more important than anything else to make it work. I was amazed at how sweet and friendly and supportive they all were. Not one moment of impatience or annoyance, really creating a very positive vibe. Looking back at it, that was an impressive feat of professionalism and insight in teambuilding that went way beyond just making music.

During the rehearsals, Tim was directing us and explaining everything. "And then Mika's going to sing this bit alone, because, you know, he's Mika..." or "The beginning of Celebrate is uhm... we never know what will happen there, he does something different every time, so I can't tell you, but once we get to this bit..." The rest of the band was also giving us pointers and singing along to help us learn everything. As someone remarked in a report of an earlier gig: Joy indeed has an absolutely amazing voice, much more so than you hear from the little bits she sings on stage. A bit after the rehearsals, around 5 pm I think, Mika came in, shook everyone's hand and asked which languages we spoke: "Who speaks Nederlands?". He also said he had had a feeling the choir was going to be great today, so he had made sure he was on time for the soundcheck for a change... right.

He then took us to the stage. His intention was to take us downstairs to the area where the audience would be standing, but he took a wrong turn and ended up backstage. It was kind of hilarious, because it was quite dark there, so the way it looked like at first was that he took the twelve of us into a dark room, and then turned around like... this isn't right... As he lead us to the right area, he said that that had always happened to him, even when he was little. That whenever he wanted to go to the audience he would end up on stage, and that he just took that as an omen.

When we were there, he started by explaining us a bit about the movements we had to make. After telling us we would sometimes need to get down, he suddenly stopped and asked if any of us was broken or had problems doing that. Lynx had knee problems and he told her she really shouldn't do that then. She was reluctant to keep on standing as everyone else went down, but he convinced her she should and said it should be ok, and that she should take care of herself. Really sweet and concerned. For BG we had to jump into different poses, except once. Of course I jumped anyway... not doing it wrong just once, but twice. Fortunately, I just got a smile, not a death stare. During the performance I actually didn't jump when I should have at some point. Strike the pose is just not my thing, as I've been able to see on several videos by now :fisch:

After this warming up we then went on stage and got our places. Four microphones for twelve people is... cosy. Mika kept telling us to get closer to the microphone and at some point asked if any of us had any scare diseases, and joked he would get everyone toothbrushes, so we could brush our teeth before going on stage. We sang popular, which he wasn't happy about. First he told us to give everything sharper angles because it didn't sound sharp enough, then making sure he reassured us by adding it was not any one person, it's just what happens easily in a choir. Then he wasn't happy about the base and experimented a bit with the band and what they should play. It's so cool to see them all at work, thinking how to improve it, fiddling with the songs... that alone makes being in the choir totally worth it.

He did Karen, and decided we should join in as well "Who knows Karen?" Some hesitant fingers... good enough, let's do it. We rehearsed it for quite some time, where at some point he went: "Just see if we can get a nice harmony here. Just sing a note that sounds nice." or something along those lines. I guess I wasn't the only one looking slightly incredulous at him, since he quickly decided to give us an example, effectively telling us which notes to sing there. He then started mixing the song with its English version. After rehearsing that with his band for a while, Tim said it sounded like a completely different song. And he was right, I hardly recognised it when he started it. It was difficult to get, let alone remember, the lyrics. Something about a small town girl living in a large town world? Ingie & co were watching the soundcheck, so they can probably give more details. The funny thing was... we didn't actually sing Karen in the end. Apparently he had realized there were quite a few non-French speaking people in the audience, so he kept it at two French songs.

He sang Soleil Mal Luné holding his lyrics and then went on to Grace Kelly. At that point the plan was that we would enter the stage before Soleil Mal Luné and sing along for GK, although he changed that after the soundcheck, because he wanted us to have a grand entrance. I think it was the first time they did those songs in that order, and they fiddled with how to do it, Mika wasn't happy about the light and played with that, and it was quite funny to see how they kept playing with GK, changing little bits, deciding how to do it as they went along. The soundcheck lasted two hours, and after that we had an hour off to get something to eat.

There was a show where we got some sandwiches just outside and I saw Laurel and Weealx and Rian and.. sorry, I forgot who else was there. I apologise for babbling even more than I usually do. I was just bouncing around so much at that moment... We went back inside and saw Mrs. P. get our gowns ready. She's really sweet, talked a bit to us and asked what our favourite song was. A bit later she gave us a tip to really move together during the beginning of OOL, because it was important to get the atmosphere of that song right. I thought it was so touching that she picked out that song like that, really finding it so important to get that one right.

Yasmine and Zuleika were also running around all the time, being very busy, and at some point we saw Fortuné talking to some people in the corridor. He must have thought we were insane. I think we generally behaved fairly professional around Mika, at least not like crazy fans, but Fortuné really is like a younger version of Mika, at least as far as appearances are concerned. So the poor guy was just talking to some people and had about 8 people staring at him and giggling. We weren't pointing, but that was the only good thing to be said about our behaviour... One can only wonder how an entire family can be so ridiculously handsome. Even though Yasmine and Zuleika were running around all the time, they looked insanely beautiful and elegant!

We got our gowns, which hadn't been washed since the polka dots were glued on them. Mrs. P. was going to try to wash them afterwards though, since the smell on some of them had become a bit too much. Even the cologne she sprayed on them before giving them to us didn't help against that. She had to quickly make a new gown, since they didn't have enough of them. But we all ended up in more-or-less fitting gowns ("he wants them to be big"). Mark came along with the setlist, and told us we wouldn't be on for GK and that we could watch the first songs from the back of the audience. There I saw some MFCers on seated places, which was nice. When Mika came on, I think we were all a bit shocked, or at least surprised. During soundcheck, he was wearing one of thoses grey vests he seems to like lately, probably hadn't shaved in two days and I doubt he had been near a comb for that time, so it was quite a transformation :naughty: For the rest the choir was dancing together, which was good, since we were supposed to 'move together' on stage, which is not that easy if you don't know each other. I think we all told ourselves not to sing along too much to spare our voices, and we all failed miserably.

At the beginning of Lola we left, ran back, put on our gowns and drank some water. We were then brought backstage and watched Rain from there. Then it was showtime. I must admit the look of the filled venue was slightly scary, and although I didn't feel that nervous, I noticed in my voice that I was. But we tried to get into the spirit and go for it. It helped that we had our own private choir fanclub with huge pompoms right in front of us. You girls screamed so much, it was great (I know, mostly for Maaikie, but that doesn't matter, it was still great)! I was standing next to Maaikie, who was really nervous at first, and did great even then, and then once Mika started singing with her, she completely rocked the stage!

We sang Popular and BG, then went off-stage for one song, and came on again for Underwater. We then had a longer break (or was it the other way around and was Underwater after the longer break? I don't remember...), so we could drink some water, and then went back on stage again. We saw the audience dancing, being directed by Mika, during LYWID from backstage, and it looked absolutely amazing! You can see so much of the audience on stage! All the crazy stuff that people pull off during gigs is totally worth it, since he can really see all of it! If he says he can see every single person in the room, he's telling the truth. With the way he uses the light during his shows, he really can. In particular the balloons during OOL were amazing. To see the entire audience holding up the red balloons, it's fantastic!

Just before the encore, Tim realized we hadn't rehearsed Lollipop. So he came to talk to us and quickly told us what to sing (just the wohoh wohoh wohoh Lollipop thing, we had come to that conclusion ourselves as well when we saw it on the setlist). During Lollipop some guy from the audience came on stage and danced like a maniac with Mika. During WAG, when Mika gestured us to come stand in a line to bow, this guy was still there and came up with the idea to do a hook arms and jump around each other little dance with me, and at that point I really didn't mind looking ridiculous anymore, so why not.

We went off stage, all excited, glowing, red, hot (one of the band members climbed into the fridge that was standing there with soda to cool down at some point) and bouncing around. The band said we did a great job, Mrs. P. told us we were a great choir because we worked together so well. Some girls brought chocolate for the band and family. When they gave it to Mrs. P. she said she loved chocolate, but her son wouldn't let her have any... and that she would eat it before he could take it away from her... I do hope she was joking! Mika came out a bit later, but was in a hurry, so he did a few pictures and signed stuff and then was off. He did make a nice drawing for Maaikie :thumb_yello:

I haven't look at my pictures yet, but I doubt I have the one with lynx. I hardly made any pictures.

I arrived at Cirque Royal a little after 3 pm, found the Dutch crew that had been sitting there for over 3 hours already, and about a hundred other people queueing. I think the staff at the venue freaked out a bit and didn't know what to do with all these people that were there that early, but they had given everyone numbers and told everyone the first 100 people could get in earlier. Maaikie, Miek and me went to the entrance and asked about how to get in. The security guy didn't know, but after he asked around, he directed us to the back of the building, where we were picked up and brought to our dressing room. The venue was like a maze, so we ended up crossing the stage on our way to the dressing room. It didn't look too scary to me, but a wave of excitement definitely hit at that point. In the dressing room we got some forms to fill out and got our backstage passes.

Within the next hour, we were joined by the other members of the choir. In total there were 12 of us, which we were quite happy about. There were only two guys, but fortunately both of them were really good singers. In the beginning it was a bit weird with the languages, as half the choir spoke Dutch and the other half spoke French. Obviously we had English in common, but I had the feeling we were like two choirs in the beginning. That changed though, and a few hours later we were mixing languages all over the place and constantly forgot who spoke which language. Mika nicely joined in there, all of a sudden switching to French while instructing us :doh:

But at this point Mika wasn't there yet. The band was there earlier, and popped in to say hi as they came in. When we were almost complete, Tim got us out for a rehearsal with the band, which was great. After the first song we rehearsed, I think it was BG, he said we were the most in tune choir so far. In general they were very actively giving us compliments and being very careful about not being too tough on us. Not just the band, also Mika. They all seemed very much aware of the fact that a positive atmosphere in the choir was more important than anything else to make it work. I was amazed at how sweet and friendly and supportive they all were. Not one moment of impatience or annoyance, really creating a very positive vibe. Looking back at it, that was an impressive feat of professionalism and insight in teambuilding that went way beyond just making music.

During the rehearsals, Tim was directing us and explaining everything. "And then Mika's going to sing this bit alone, because, you know, he's Mika..." or "The beginning of Celebrate is uhm... we never know what will happen there, he does something different every time, so I can't tell you, but once we get to this bit..." The rest of the band was also giving us pointers and singing along to help us learn everything. As someone remarked in a report of an earlier gig: Joy indeed has an absolutely amazing voice, much more so than you hear from the little bits she sings on stage. A bit after the rehearsals, around 5 pm I think, Mika came in, shook everyone's hand and asked which languages we spoke: "Who speaks Nederlands?". He also said he had had a feeling the choir was going to be great today, so he had made sure he was on time for the soundcheck for a change... right.

He then took us to the stage. His intention was to take us downstairs to the area where the audience would be standing, but he took a wrong turn and ended up backstage. It was kind of hilarious, because it was quite dark there, so the way it looked like at first was that he took the twelve of us into a dark room, and then turned around like... this isn't right... As he lead us to the right area, he said that that had always happened to him, even when he was little. That whenever he wanted to go to the audience he would end up on stage, and that he just took that as an omen.

When we were there, he started by explaining us a bit about the movements we had to make. After telling us we would sometimes need to get down, he suddenly stopped and asked if any of us was broken or had problems doing that. Lynx had knee problems and he told her she really shouldn't do that then. She was reluctant to keep on standing as everyone else went down, but he convinced her she should and said it should be ok, and that she should take care of herself. Really sweet and concerned. For BG we had to jump into different poses, except once. Of course I jumped anyway... not doing it wrong just once, but twice. Fortunately, I just got a smile, not a death stare. During the performance I actually didn't jump when I should have at some point. Strike the pose is just not my thing, as I've been able to see on several videos by now :fisch:

After this warming up we then went on stage and got our places. Four microphones for twelve people is... cosy. Mika kept telling us to get closer to the microphone and at some point asked if any of us had any scare diseases, and joked he would get everyone toothbrushes, so we could brush our teeth before going on stage. We sang popular, which he wasn't happy about. First he told us to give everything sharper angles because it didn't sound sharp enough, then making sure he reassured us by adding it was not any one person, it's just what happens easily in a choir. Then he wasn't happy about the base and experimented a bit with the band and what they should play. It's so cool to see them all at work, thinking how to improve it, fiddling with the songs... that alone makes being in the choir totally worth it.

He did Karen, and decided we should join in as well "Who knows Karen?" Some hesitant fingers... good enough, let's do it. We rehearsed it for quite some time, where at some point he went: "Just see if we can get a nice harmony here. Just sing a note that sounds nice." or something along those lines. I guess I wasn't the only one looking slightly incredulous at him, since he quickly decided to give us an example, effectively telling us which notes to sing there. He then started mixing the song with its English version. After rehearsing that with his band for a while, Tim said it sounded like a completely different song. And he was right, I hardly recognised it when he started it. It was difficult to get, let alone remember, the lyrics. Something about a small town girl living in a large town world? Ingie & co were watching the soundcheck, so they can probably give more details. The funny thing was... we didn't actually sing Karen in the end. Apparently he had realized there were quite a few non-French speaking people in the audience, so he kept it at two French songs.

He sang Soleil Mal Luné holding his lyrics and then went on to Grace Kelly. At that point the plan was that we would enter the stage before Soleil Mal Luné and sing along for GK, although he changed that after the soundcheck, because he wanted us to have a grand entrance. I think it was the first time they did those songs in that order, and they fiddled with how to do it, Mika wasn't happy about the light and played with that, and it was quite funny to see how they kept playing with GK, changing little bits, deciding how to do it as they went along. The soundcheck lasted two hours, and after that we had an hour off to get something to eat.

There was a show where we got some sandwiches just outside and I saw Laurel and Weealx and Rian and.. sorry, I forgot who else was there. I apologise for babbling even more than I usually do. I was just bouncing around so much at that moment... We went back inside and saw Mrs. P. get our gowns ready. She's really sweet, talked a bit to us and asked what our favourite song was. A bit later she gave us a tip to really move together during the beginning of OOL, because it was important to get the atmosphere of that song right. I thought it was so touching that she picked out that song like that, really finding it so important to get that one right.

Yasmine and Zuleika were also running around all the time, being very busy, and at some point we saw Fortuné talking to some people in the corridor. He must have thought we were insane. I think we generally behaved fairly professional around Mika, at least not like crazy fans, but Fortuné really is like a younger version of Mika, at least as far as appearances are concerned. So the poor guy was just talking to some people and had about 8 people staring at him and giggling. We weren't pointing, but that was the only good thing to be said about our behaviour... One can only wonder how an entire family can be so ridiculously handsome. Even though Yasmine and Zuleika were running around all the time, they looked insanely beautiful and elegant!

We got our gowns, which hadn't been washed since the polka dots were glued on them. Mrs. P. was going to try to wash them afterwards though, since the smell on some of them had become a bit too much. Even the cologne she sprayed on them before giving them to us didn't help against that. She had to quickly make a new gown, since they didn't have enough of them. But we all ended up in more-or-less fitting gowns ("he wants them to be big"). Mark came along with the setlist, and told us we wouldn't be on for GK and that we could watch the first songs from the back of the audience. There I saw some MFCers on seated places, which was nice. When Mika came on, I think we were all a bit shocked, or at least surprised. During soundcheck, he was wearing one of thoses grey vests he seems to like lately, probably hadn't shaved in two days and I doubt he had been near a comb for that time, so it was quite a transformation :naughty: For the rest the choir was dancing together, which was good, since we were supposed to 'move together' on stage, which is not that easy if you don't know each other. I think we all told ourselves not to sing along too much to spare our voices, and we all failed miserably.

At the beginning of Lola we left, ran back, put on our gowns and drank some water. We were then brought backstage and watched Rain from there. Then it was showtime. I must admit the look of the filled venue was slightly scary, and although I didn't feel that nervous, I noticed in my voice that I was. But we tried to get into the spirit and go for it. It helped that we had our own private choir fanclub with huge pompoms right in front of us. You girls screamed so much, it was great (I know, mostly for Maaikie, but that doesn't matter, it was still great)! I was standing next to Maaikie, who was really nervous at first, and did great even then, and then once Mika started singing with her, she completely rocked the stage!

We sang Popular and BG, then went off-stage for one song, and came on again for Underwater. We then had a longer break (or was it the other way around and was Underwater after the longer break? I don't remember...), so we could drink some water, and then went back on stage again. We saw the audience dancing, being directed by Mika, during LYWID from backstage, and it looked absolutely amazing! You can see so much of the audience on stage! All the crazy stuff that people pull off during gigs is totally worth it, since he can really see all of it! If he says he can see every single person in the room, he's telling the truth. With the way he uses the light during his shows, he really can. In particular the balloons during OOL were amazing. To see the entire audience holding up the red balloons, it's fantastic!

Just before the encore, Tim realized we hadn't rehearsed Lollipop. So he came to talk to us and quickly told us what to sing (just the wohoh wohoh wohoh Lollipop thing, we had come to that conclusion ourselves as well when we saw it on the setlist). During Lollipop some guy from the audience came on stage and danced like a maniac with Mika. During WAG, when Mika gestured us to come stand in a line to bow, this guy was still there and came up with the idea to do a hook arms and jump around each other little dance with me, and at that point I really didn't mind looking ridiculous anymore, so why not.

We went off stage, all excited, glowing, red, hot (one of the band members climbed into the fridge that was standing there with soda to cool down at some point) and bouncing around. The band said we did a great job, Mrs. P. told us we were a great choir because we worked together so well. Some girls brought chocolate for the band and family. When they gave it to Mrs. P. she said she loved chocolate, but her son wouldn't let her have any... and that she would eat it before he could take it away from her... I do hope she was joking! Mika came out a bit later, but was in a hurry, so he did a few pictures and signed stuff and then was off. He did make a nice drawing for Maaikie :thumb_yello:

I haven't look at my pictures yet, but I doubt I have the one with lynx. I hardly made any pictures.

Great report ! :thumb_yello: Well... I feel quite emotional right now... This gig was soooo fu**ng great ! Aaaaaaah :aah:

@smokesignal Thank you so much for your report! Amazing experience! It was fabulous from the audience too I can tell you :wub2: Now I know who you are because I saw you 'dancing' right in front of me with the crazy guy on stage :biggrin2:

Great report ! :thumb_yello: Well... I feel quite emotional right now... This gig was soooo fu**ng great ! Aaaaaaah :aah:

You're not the only one ... it's weird ... I just can't stop thinking about that night ... about him ... about everything ... and I just want to do it again ... and again ... and again ... :aah:

@smokesignal: Mika had to convince me because I thought it was just ONCE bending through my knees and I do that all the time (e.g. for tying my shoelaces.) I did not know we had to bounce up and down on bent knees, that would have killed them I think. Also, I am used to people ignoring my joint problems or laughing at me because I can't walk or run properly. I'm not used to people being that attentive about it. Which of course makes Mika even more adorable to me. When I saw you all bouncing up and down I was like, right, so that's why I'm not allowed to do that... Anyone else would have tried to make me, though.

@smokesignal Thank you so much for your report! Amazing experience! It was fabulous from the audience too I can tell you :wub2: Now I know who you are because I saw you 'dancing' right in front of me with the crazy guy on stage :biggrin2:

Hehe... 'dancing' with the quotes is a better description indeed :naughty: I found a video where it was filmed up close and laughed so hard!

@smokesignal: Mika had to convince me because I thought it was just ONCE bending through my knees and I do that all the time (e.g. for tying my shoelaces.) I did not know we had to bounce up and down on bent knees, that would have killed them I think. Also, I am used to people ignoring my joint problems or laughing at me because I can't walk or run properly. I'm not used to people being that attentive about it. Which of course makes Mika even more adorable to me. When I saw you all bouncing up and down I was like, right, so that's why I'm not allowed to do that... Anyone else would have tried to make me, though.

Indeed, I thought it was so special and caring of him. That's why I included it in my report. I hope you don't mind.

what a lovely detailed report! thanks for sharing your experience with us!

It's so heartwarming that he cares so much:wub2:

Edited by Louiza

Indeed, I thought it was so special and caring of him. That's why I included it in my report. I hope you don't mind.

Of course I don't mind. It's just, he didn't "have to" insist. It looked painful; at a second thought, yes, he was right.

Edited by lynx
I sound like a kid.