ALL Mika fan-art - Part III

Mikaissocoollike

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My friend drew me this gorgeous picture of Mika for Christmas and inspite of the fact that she isn't quite a Mika fan, I think it is absolutely great and must be shared with the MFC, so I hope I am at the right place here for this  :) 

http://27greenstrawberries.deviantart.com/art/Mika-653668507

Only just seen this - it really is good

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, elusiveOwl said:

Woot

This isn't that great, but hey, I've never drawn Mika before ^-^

tmp_26116-IMG_20170510_204146_302-2126874866.jpg

Also, follow me on instagram if you want (@FurbyBuddy). Comment on this pic so I know to follow back

Sarah, I love it!! It's very beautiful :wub2: all goldish and with one of my favourite suits! Thanks a lot for sharing, hope you will upload more :blush-anim-cl: (ps: I've checked your Instagram and I love your drawing style, so cool!) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh, nevermind; seems I had just not reached the end of the thread, where the more recent stuff was, lol...sorry about that. XD Anyway, here's something I just posted to the fanart gallery, that was done for the MIKA contest over on FB, which was about how his music makes you feel...I feel so many things when I listen, depending on the song, but I wanted to focus on this particular song, because hubby and I were just at Pride here in Norway, and it was the most wonderful, loving, welcoming, freeing experience we've had in so long, and we both needed it badly, due to the depressing way the world seems to be going right now. "We Are Golden" just really summed up how we both felt at Pride, with rainbows painted on us, golden glitter in our hair, and an ocean of dancing, singing, parading, happy, carefree, beautiful people of all ages all around us.

That song also takes hubby and I straight back to the 80's (when we were crazy teens), so in many ways it makes us feel young again, and we really can't thank MIKA enough for that, as well as for all the rest of his wonderful music. <3  Also, the part about "not giving a damn about the family you come from" holds true for me, because I had to cut ties with my very bigoted family, and they would never be caught dead at Pride...Their loss, because I have a new family now, made up of all of my friends, many of which are LGBTQ+, and Pride felt more like a family reunion to me. (Also, I love magpies, the Latin name of which is "Pica Pica", and I love glitter and rainbows, so I just had to draw MIKA as a magpie, as the song mentions, holding the Pride flag, and wearing the same necklace, bracelet, watch and hat that I spotted in various photos of him!) ;) 

~SD

PicaMikaPrideLG.png

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, swandog said:

Oh, nevermind; seems I had just not reached the end of the thread, where the more recent stuff was, lol...sorry about that. XD Anyway, here's something I just posted to the fanart gallery, that was done for the MIKA contest over on FB, which was about how his music makes you feel...I feel so many things when I listen, depending on the song, but I wanted to focus on this particular song, because hubby and I were just at Pride here in Norway, and it was the most wonderful, loving, welcoming, freeing experience we've had in so long, and we both needed it badly, due to the depressing way the world seems to be going right now. "We Are Golden" just really summed up how we both felt at Pride, with rainbows painted on us, golden glitter in our hair, and an ocean of dancing, singing, parading, happy, carefree, beautiful people of all ages all around us.

That song also takes hubby and I straight back to the 80's (when we were crazy teens), so in many ways it makes us feel young again, and we really can't thank MIKA enough for that, as well as for all the rest of his wonderful music. <3  Also, the part about "not giving a damn about the family you come from" holds true for me, because I had to cut ties with my very bigoted family, and they would never be caught dead at Pride...Their loss, because I have a new family now, made up of all of my friends, many of which are LGBTQ+, and Pride felt more like a family reunion to me. (Also, I love magpies, the Latin name of which is "Pica Pica", and I love glitter and rainbows, so I just had to draw MIKA as a magpie, as the song mentions, holding the Pride flag, and wearing the same necklace, bracelet, watch and hat that I spotted in various photos of him!) ;) 

~SD

PicaMikaPrideLG.png

:thumb_yello:  Aawww - this drawing if truly fab.!! :wub2: Congratz - and TAKK/ THANKS  a million for sharing both this masterpiece, and your story,  here!! :flowers2:You're sooo talented - it's wonderful - I love it...:yes:  :hug:

Love, love

me

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a MIKA painting I did recently, I've been doing tons of sketches and I wanted to get something actually finished done so I did this in like one sitting. It's about a meter tall lmao. Because it's acrylic i may go back and touch stuff up if I ever feel like it. I'll keep you all posted if I make any major changes.

Also be sure to tell me what you think of this, any artists with tips or advice are especially encouraged but everyone is welcome to comment. 

IMG_4884.thumb.JPG.e58b6f3791b9b6d3822c81feac056ef9.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaintedBoy said:

Here's a MIKA painting I did recently, I've been doing tons of sketches and I wanted to get something actually finished done so I did this in like one sitting. It's about a meter tall lmao. Because it's acrylic i may go back and touch stuff up if I ever feel like it. I'll keep you all posted if I make any major changes.

Also be sure to tell me what you think of this, any artists with tips or advice are especially encouraged but everyone is welcome to comment. 

IMG_4884.thumb.JPG.e58b6f3791b9b6d3822c81feac056ef9.JPG

:blink:OMG - this's huge!! :blush-anim-cl: Congratulations with making  ready this amazing painting of our popking MIKA!! :wub::flowers2:I think it's very, very  beautiful - you really did a great job!! :king:

Thanks a lot for sharing it with all of us MFCers!! :hug: :thumb_yello:

Love, love

me

• Like 1

I just learned I'm getting a new phone so i will lose all my pictures, I'm gonna post the rest of my Mika art now. I think it's only two things. Again, tell me what you think 

IMG_4899.PNG

IMG_4900.PNG

Edited by PaintedBoy
Forgot pictures
  • Like 3