MIKA Donates Scarf to LOOSEN UP Charity Auction for Male Cancer

dcdeb

scarf.jpg

SIR PAUL McCARTNEY and KATY PERRY have handed over autographed neckties to a celebrity auction marking International Men's Day on Monday (19Nov12).

Hollywood stars Brad Pitt, Mark Wahlberg, Ty Burrell and singers Brandon Flowers, Jessie J and Mika have also contributed to the Loosen Up sale, organised annually by Cahonas Scotland to raise awareness of male cancers.

Pitt has handed over a signed grey Gucci bowtie, while McCartney doodled a love heart and flower next to his autograph on the skinny brown tie he has donated to the cause.

Cahonas Scotland founder and chair Ritchie Marshall says, "As a charity focused on positive men's health, we at Cahonas Scotland fully support International Men's Day, and particularly this year's theme of positive role models for men. With their support and generosity we will make a real difference to the profile of men's health issues in 2013."

Neckwear donated by Dita Von Teese, Joanna Lumley, Stephen Fry and Stephen Merchant are also up for grabs on the Loosen Up Auction page on eBay.com.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/gossip/view/283355/Paul-McCartney-and-Katy-Perry-donate-to-necktie-auction/

Direct link to MIKA's item: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MIKA-Signed-Worn-Celebrity-Owned-Scarf-Male-Cancer-Charity-Auction-/230880706796?pt=UK_Scarves&hash=item35c19000ec

Edited by dcdeb

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bid's at £102 already. :shocked:

Has anyone got a photo of him wearing this scarf?

The bid was only £1.40 when I saw it originally. :wink2:

I think I have seen him wearing that scarf -- am looking through my pics now. But I bet Eriko or Alice will find it before me. :naughty:

The bid was only £1.40 when I saw it originally. :wink2:

I think I have seen him wearing that scarf -- am looking through my pics now. But I bet Eriko or Alice will find it before me. :naughty:

I could't search it out... :no:

[Leigh and Luca Scarves]

http://www.polyvore.com/leigh_and_luca_scarves/shop?brand=Leigh+and+Luca&category_id=105

It looks like this one. But I've not seen that Mika wore.

43675239.jpg

I think it isn't.

Baalbeck 2010

balb2.jpg

Baalbeck 2010

balb2.jpg

This is the one I was thinking of, but it appears to have much more of a pattern on it than I remembered, and more than is showing in the ebay photo...

In any case, I think it's similar. :dunno:

It's not one of his better efforts, is it? :teehee:

But it's way out of my price range already

You could buy yourself a new one for about $250. :teehee:

I was thinking to use my Mika fund to bid with, as there may not be a tour next year to spend it on. But I think I'd rather have a good holiday. :naughty:

£310 :shocked:

He's beating all the rest, I think :shocked:

Go Mika :thumb_yello:

I couldn't affford it myself, but this news is brilliant. It's raising money for a very good cause, and also raising awareness of the fact that Mika is still around and still loved.

Hopefully, this will encourage people to chack him out again, and fall in-love with the new songs, not to mention Mika's gorgeous new image.

@basicamenteyo, check that link. The 10th meaning, page 2 will give you a clue

:naughty:http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thingy&page=2

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Nah, if the One Direction guys auctioned THAT thingy for sure they would beat Mika :lmfao:

I was more meaning the meaning above that one. Meaning like "that thing that is not cool anymore" or something like that.

Ok, now I need to reset my brain, cause I´ve been using that word A LOT lately, and I should stop doing it... I´ll use "stuff" from now on :aah:

I'm with Rosa. I use thingy all the time and have never heard it used in that context. :dunno: Notice the Urban Dictionary entry has twice as many thumbs down as thumbs up so I don't think I'm totally put of the loop. :naughty:

This scarf is not very interesting. :aah: I would bid on some of the scarves he's worn in the past but I don't recognize it.