Mika at Peugeot Private Concert in Paris - 3 December 2012

dcdeb

Thanks for the news !

The pics are gorgeous... :wub2:

He did vive le vent?! Aaaah.... I would have loved to seen this one. Thanks for the pics!

Oh yes, I would love too :wub2:

It's weird... indeed :shocked:

I thought he was back in LDN... I guess he's spending teh whole week in France as he has got the Virgin gig on Saterday :blink:

Lots of French fans weren't aware of it and are mad at the few fans that knew about it... :'/

As Rose said, he probably just came for that event. London is so close to Paris

But french fans shouldn't be mad... It was certainly something private for Peugeot, it's not the first time he does such events we can't attend to :teehee:

I hope so too... I think he has done far enough promo in France for this year...

It's UK's turn :thumb_yello:

Well, it's not really a promo thing but more a private event. He still can do promo in the UK , even today :wink2:

This piano is so wouaw :fangurl: I love the design!!

It would have been so nice to see mika performing this evening, maybe someone managed to film a little part of the gig

Yes, I hope so :wub2:

ah, so probably this was the thing he had talked about in vienna. he said he'd do some small private thing in paris... and iirc he even said he doesn't think it's anything we can attend. this event didn't look exactly small though. :teehee: i think it was suzie who had asked him in vienna, maybe she remembers more of the conversation. but all i heard was that it was something private in paris, so i kinda forgot about it immediately after. :teehee:

i don't like that piano, it looks like a futuristic spaceship! :aah:

and i agree, he should rather promote his newly released singles in uk and germany. :mf_rosetinted: or alternatively rest his voice, so that at least he'll be 100% fit again fir the uk gigs! :sneaky2: i don't know though if it's his decision about the promo, guess it's the label that makes the interview/tv/radio appointments, and if they don't do that (which wouldn't surprise me! :aah:), what's he supposed to do? :dunno:

That must have been a very special event and the design of the piano looks very impressive!!

Found this link from @mentholine2004 who was there

Both performances are amazing:wub2: and the audience sounds pretty enthusiastic too!! Wish we get to find Vive le vent, I adore the way he sung it on that Christmas cd last year!!

Edited by Louiza

ah, so probably this was the thing he had talked about in vienna. he said he'd do some small private thing in paris... and iirc he even said he doesn't think it's anything we can attend. this event didn't look exactly small though. :teehee: i think it was suzie who had asked him in vienna, maybe she remembers more of the conversation. but all i heard was that it was something private in paris, so i kinda forgot about it immediately after. :teehee:

i don't like that piano, it looks like a futuristic spaceship! :aah:

and i agree, he should rather promote his newly released singles in uk and germany. :mf_rosetinted: or alternatively rest his voice, so that at least he'll be 100% fit again fir the uk gigs! :sneaky2: i don't know though if it's his decision about the promo, guess it's the label that makes the interview/tv/radio appointments, and if they don't do that (which wouldn't surprise me! :aah:), what's he supposed to do? :dunno:

Yes,I think you're right,I was next to Suzie when she asked him in Vienna.He said it will be a secret acoustic gig in Paris,but he has no idea who can get the invitations,it's not up to him,since it's about a charity event :teehee: Anyway,he looks great on that piano,I wish I could attend to a concert like this :wub2:

yes, I was thinking the same. I asked him if he was planning to do any acoustic shows and he replied that yes, there'd be a charity event in Paris in December but it was by invitation only. :doh: Obviously not the type of answer I was expecting. :rolls_eyes:

I think he's going where he's asked in the first place, maybe collecting as much more money he can to go on doing what he likes.

but...what does he like? :fisch:

Yes, I think you're right :wink2:

That must have been a very special event and the design of the piano looks very impressive!!

Found this link from @mentholine2004 who was there

Both performances are amazing:wub2: and the audience sounds pretty enthusiastic too!! Wish we get to find Vive le vent, I adore the way he sung it on that Christmas cd last year!!

Thank you Louiza :huglove:

Oh the piano sounds "huge" !

You're right, the audience seemed to have fun ! :thumb_yello:

Hope we'll have some vids :wub2:

Nice to see where his priorities lie, when he has a new single to promote over here:mf_rosetinted:

Must say i'm really disappointed too :sad:

we seem to spend our time trying to promote his new album out there,

but to me his record company don't seem to be interested anymore, as if they have given up on this album :dunno:

that's how i feel:mf_rosetinted:

This focus on France and lucrative gigs was going on during the whole production of the album and I seem to recall everyone saying at the time that "he can do whatever he wants" and "he has bills to pay". Can't say I'm surprised that nothing has changed.

Must say i'm really disappointed too :sad:

we seem to spend our time trying to promote his new album out there,

but to me his record company don't seem to be interested anymore, as if they have given up on this album :dunno:

that's how i feel:mf_rosetinted:

Me too. I expected him to be on some UK shows this week, or to be having a good rest, knowing he's got some UK concerts coming up next week. I can't understand the record company at all. Its like they don't consider the UK important. But it is though!

This focus on France and lucrative gigs was going on during the whole production of the album and I seem to recall everyone saying at the time that "he can do whatever he wants" and "he has bills to pay". Can't say I'm surprised that nothing has changed.

In this case, he could have still done both, that is my bug bear!

All it would have taken is for him to have tweeted about the single being available, and for it to have been announced on his FB page, neither of which happened (or the single actually being available for that matter).

What is the point of going on to a radio station one day to promo the single, and not doing a couple of follow up announcements on the day of the apparent release. That can be done wherever he is.

I'm starting to wonder if he actually cares about his market over here at all anymore. Like I said to someone on Twitter yesterday, I'm trying to stay positive, but certain things I've heard over the last few days makes me feel that something isn't right.

All it would have taken is for him to have tweeted about the single being available, and for it to have been announced on his FB page, neither of which happened (or the single actually being available for that matter).

What is the point of going on to a radio station one day to promo the single, and not doing a couple of follow up announcements on the day of the apparent release. That can be done wherever he is.

I'm starting to wonder if he actually cares about his market over here at all anymore. Like I said to someone on Twitter yesterday, I'm trying to stay positive, but certain things I've heard over the last few days makes me feel that something isn't right.

Yes me too:thumb_yello: i don't think Underwater was acknowledged in germany either :sad:

I've been saying the same thing for a year or two now. There was no reason he couldn't have tweeted fans when he was supposedly "hiding". Of course when he did tweet it was his photo shoot with Louboutin and not news of English music or gigs in English speaking countries. The negative reaction he received should have been a wake up call but it seemed to have the opposite effect.

Obviously I agree with you. But this has been going on for so long and every time I pointed it out I was attacked for being jealous of French fans, for being mean to Mika, etc. I guess I am past being disappointed at this stage.

I guess I was also hoping for a miracle that the Brits would just embrace him with open arms again like they did in 2007. But it hasn't happened and Mika is not changing his approach so the situation is what it is. :dunno:

I went on Itunes this morning ... to buy The Origin Of Love single package ... where actually is it ... or am I missing it ... cos' I couldn't find it :aah:

From what I understand there isn't a package..? Which could explain why there is no advertising on FB or Twitter.

From what I understand there isn't a package..? Which could explain why there is no advertising on FB or Twitter.

Oh so the single is released and there's not actually a single ... wow .... amazing Mika ... that one will make people buy your stuff :blink: They haven't a ****ing clue have they :lmfao:

yes, it seems there is no 'single package', so in effect it means that as a last attempt in the UK the record company is trying to get some airplay for TOOL as if this song was released as a single this week. I doubt it would chart without any additional effort.

have you ever heard of "family one" ?

Not until last night. Sounds like a French gospel group? :dunno:

Peugeot has been tweeting about the affair:

@Peugeot: Yesterday, @Mikasounds performed on the Peugeot Design Lab piano in the mythical Salle Pleyel in Paris. http://ow.ly/i/1cCbh/original

I think just playing in this legendary venue, he just could not say no. this is a kind of culmination. acoustics of this venue is simply outstanding. if we add to that he played on an impressive piano, artistic aspects is much more prevalent than we think. anyway, I understand the reactions, but I can still understands better why he wanted to play in a venue as genial. and if he is paid for it, is even better (he's still paid for the concerts he gives, and as it's not for totalitarian regimes, it does not bother me any more than that)