Mika at Peugeot Private Concert in Paris - 3 December 2012

dcdeb

I don't understand why people are mad at Mika for this. It's not like he can just go on tv any time he wants. If you have evidence that he passed up a big time tv show in order to play a private show in Paris, then we can talk.

Sorry, but how long does it take for anyone to write one tweet?

He can still promo the single, from wherever he might be, just by tweeting a link to it.

He didn't tweet at all yesterday, not even to say whether or not the single was coming out. Was playing a fancy new piano that much more important,than sending out notification for his new music, which has got him in the postion to play said fancy piano!

So yes,I 'm afraid I am aggrieved, as I tried to help him promote the invisible single on Twitter, even after constant tweets to find out if I was wasting my time doing so.

May I ask how you would feel if you were in that position?

Sorry, but how long does it take for anyone to write one tweet?

He can still promo the single, from wherever he might be, just by tweeting a link to it.

He didn't tweet at all yesterday, not even to say whether or not the single was coming out. Was playing a fancy new piano that much more important,than sending out notification for his new music, which has got him in the postion to play said fancy piano!

So yes,I 'm afraid I am aggrieved, as I tried to help him promote the invisible single on Twitter, even after constant tweets to find out if I was wasting my time doing so.

May I ask how you would feel if you were in that position?

Why try to promote it when it's not available for download? :dunno:

I don't understand why people are mad at Mika for this. It's not like he can just go on tv any time he wants. If you have evidence that he passed up a big time tv show in order to play a private show in Paris, then we can talk.

I don't think this is about TV shows. Fans were staging a Twitter campaign yesterday to get news of the single release trending and neither Mika nor his team even mentioned it.

I think just playing in this legendary venue, he just could not say no. this is a kind of culmination. acoustics of this venue is simply outstanding. if we add to that he played on an impressive piano, artistic aspects is much more prevalent than we think. anyway, I understand the reactions, but I can still understands better why he wanted to play in a venue as genial. and if he is paid for it, is even better (he's still paid for the concerts he gives, and as it's not for totalitarian regimes, it does not bother me any more than that)

I'm sure it was fantastic for him to play in such a place on such an instrument.

But he still has promotion to do, and he does have markets outside of France to accommodate. If The Origin Of Love is supposed to be available to buy in the UK, it wouldn't have taken him more than 30 seconds to tweet a link so that people could have gone to buy it. The same with whoever posts on the FB page to do the same. Or to even come on to say it wasn't available to buy yet.

This is what I have a problem with. Is it so hard to do that, really?

Why try to promote it when it's not available for download? :dunno:

Because there has been a press release, that it was being released, AND he was on UK radio over the weekend promoting it.

I'm sure it was fantastic for him to play in such a place on such an instrument.

But he still has promotion to do, and he does have markets outside of France to accommodate. If The Origin Of Love is supposed to be available to buy in the UK, it wouldn't have taken him more than 30 seconds to tweet a link so that people could have gone to buy it. The same with whoever posts on the FB page to do the same. Or to even come on to say it wasn't available to buy yet.

This is what I have a problem with. Is it so hard to do that, really?

I'll be honest ... I think he's given up with everything to do with the UK market ... he's not bothered at all ... or at least that's the way it seems to me :dunno:

Thank you Dani for the nice pics :wub2: :wub2:

I think just playing in this legendary venue, he just could not say no. this is a kind of culmination. acoustics of this venue is simply outstanding. if we add to that he played on an impressive piano, artistic aspects is much more prevalent than we think. anyway, I understand the reactions, but I can still understands better why he wanted to play in a venue as genial. and if he is paid for it, is even better (he's still paid for the concerts he gives, and as it's not for totalitarian regimes, it does not bother me any more than that)

You have a good point here :wink2: Indeed, this venue is really special :wub2:

By the way, I totally understand you Rose, how frustrated you could be. Maybe he isn't promoting enough his new single and music in the UK... But I was wondering : is it really his job ?

I mean, of course, he could use twitter that way, as he does sometimes. But isn't it his record company who should do the job ? To find TV show where he could appear, to make radio appointment, etc ? :dunno:

I don't know, I have maybe no idea of how the music industry works, but in France when he does a promo thing, Barclay France tweet about this, when he does a show, his tour promotor (Alias) do tweet about that, etc. The same in Italy with Universal Music, they did great job promoting Mika the other day...

Maybe there is a problem somewhere, but it might be to big for us to understand right now :dunno:

By the way, I totally understand you Rose, how frustrated you could be. Maybe he isn't promoting enough his new single and music in the UK... But I was wondering : is it really his job ?

I mean, of course, he could use twitter that way, as he does sometimes. But isn't it his record company who should do the job ? To find TV show where he could appear, to make radio appointment, etc ? :dunno:

I don't know, I have maybe no idea of how the music industry works, but in France when he does a promo thing, Barclay France tweet about this, when he does a show, his tour promotor (Alias) do tweet about that, etc. The same in Italy with Universal Music, they did great job promoting Mika the other day...

Maybe there is a problem somewhere, but it might be to big for us to understand right now :dunno:

I totally agree with you Deb, the French and Italian labels have done a fantastic promo job... I cannot say it was the case for the Canadian branch:mf_rosetinted: they are really lousy IMO

I totally agree with you Deb, the French and Italian labels have done a fantastic promo job... I cannot say it was the case for the Canadian branch:mf_rosetinted: they are really lousy IMO

Universal.de is also doing nothing, niente, zero. It must be frustrating for an artist to watch how his work gets ruined and to say the truth if he would tweet about the release it wouldn´t change the situation. He needs a new label who stands behind his work and not a label who wants to get rid of him by doing everything to boycott his success. Releasing singles without any mention in Germany without any single package........ it´s so weird or now in UK without the possibility to download it.............

This is also true.

There are so many shows he could be doing here, Graham Norton, Alan Carr to name a couple he has been on before. Yet he hasn't been on them yet. And the record company are really making me angry, with all this getting him back in the studio nonsense, when they are the ones who are supposed to get the album promoted on billboards in the press, and to radio/tv stations, and don't seem to be bothered at all about it!

I would like 10 minutes alone in a room with whoever from the record company who deals with the marketing, and tell them that a blind monkey could do the job better than they are!

This is how frustrated I am becoming with all this!

This is also true.

There are so many shows he could be doing here, Graham Norton, Alan Carr to name a couple he has been on before. Yet he hasn't been on them yet. And the record company are really making me angry, with all this getting him back in the studio nonsense, when they are the ones who are supposed to get the album promoted on billboards in the press, and to radio/tv stations, and don't seem to be bothered at all about it!

I would like 10 minutes alone in a room with whoever from the record company who deals with the marketing, and tell them that a blind monkey could do the job better than they are!

I will accompany you for this ten minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I really think they are doing it on purpose :sneaky2:

I will accompany you for this ten minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I really think they are doing it on purpose :sneaky2:

You know ... I will join you ... everyone I know at work knows I love Mika ... I go on about him enough ... they come to me if they see him on TV (which is bloody rare) and say how nice he seems and I had a manager come up to me on Sunday asking me about whether I knew he'd been on Dermot's show ... and how great he'd been and how much he'd like the Paul Simon song he did ... he only knows of Mika cos' it was him I begged for a shift change when I got offered that BBC Radio 2 ticket in September ... he just needs more stuff like this ... to open up people's eyes and minds to the fact he is still around and how amazing he is ... there's only so much we can do ... :aah:

I refuse to think that anyone working in a label wanted to ruin Mika´s career... I don´t want to believe they are that stupid. The more albums Mika sells, the more money they get, so... :dunno:

For real something smells like rat (or to rat, I don´t remember) here. I bet we will never know what really happens behind the curtains and I´m not sure how "upset" is Mika with all this. If this were my record, my album, and I were Mika and I wanted my music to be played on the UK, I´d be doing SOMETHING FFS!! It´s ok that his label is doing NO-THING but Mika is not doing ANYTHING either himself. I´m sure he knows people there. I´m sure there´s a way to get him in some tv shows etc. The same guy who helped him to be in that tv show at the olimpic games should help him again. And if it was Mika himself asking for favors, I bet everyone would help him.

About the things he does in France, yes, it´s maybe a bit annoying for people from abroad, but Mika´s been doing corporate things since forever and it gives him money which is ok. (IMO he should have done it before recording the UW vid, so he could have spent a bit more in that one:mf_rosetinted:), I also agree with *insert your name*, Mika goes to anywhere he is called. And I´m not sure if it´s something that the label should do, or it´s his management´s duty or what. But the one in charge is failing. And yes, I´m also upset that it seems we are more interested in his success than Mika himself.

I believe we can find Mika's own personal opinion on British music television here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3844665&postcount=149

I have no clue what's going on with the singles (or lack thereof), but I don't understand why people are complaining about him doing gigs like these. It would be a lot worse if they wouldn't ask him for this anymore.

And on the bright side: if all the moaning about promo on the MFC is justified, we'll want him to do private gigs, because it won't be long before we can afford them ourselves :mf_rosetinted:

I believe we can find Mika's own personal opinion on British music television here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3844665&postcount=149

I have no clue what's going on with the singles (or lack thereof), but I don't understand why people are complaining about him doing gigs like these. It would be a lot worse if they wouldn't ask him for this anymore.

And on the bright side: if all the moaning about promo on the MFC is justified, we'll want him to do private gigs, because it won't be long before we can afford them ourselves :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: Awwwwwww no ... don't say that ... I want him to be successful ... I'm just disappointed with things over here and can't help that I am ... I don't want him to start doing gigs for £50.00 or something ridiculous ... though I wouldn't mind a MFC only gig to thank us for our support etc ... as a freebie ... thank you very much Mika ... would be very nice ... just not in France ... over here would be nice ... I can't travel far :mf_rosetinted:

This is also true.

There are so many shows he could be doing here, Graham Norton, Alan Carr to name a couple he has been on before. Yet he hasn't been on them yet.!

You know, many artists could do these shows but they are not invited.

Invitation is based on a number of things but one important factor is demand.

And the record company are really making me angry, with all this getting him back in the studio nonsense, when they are the ones who are supposed to get the album promoted on billboards in the press, and to radio/tv stations, and don't seem to be bothered at all about it!

Do you seriously think that the record company ordered him to be back in the studio?:blink: That is rather optimistic. If a record fails commercially, they tend to pull out and not 'order' the aritst to do more.

Also, you also can't possibly believe they are trying to 'destroy' him. No record company has a 'money tree' they harvest when they want to promote something. They choose which artists to invest in and with what intensity. Mika did get a fair share of promo when the album was released but it failed to generate sales, so when they re-assessed it they put their money on a different horse. If there is no expected return to promote something they simply won't.

So it is now time for some miracle to happen in the UK, meaning that his current image of being a cartoon character playing cheesy and even annoying pop songs is reversed or is forgotten. I don't know if it can happen but there is no sense creating conspiracy theories about anyone, especially those having a financial interest in his success, trying to destroy him on purpose. There is surely a lot of incompetence that anyone could observe with the release of his singles - starting from the second album-, but that does not mean any deliberate plan. Besides, his overall image also plays an important part in how he is judged, so he would need to share some of the blame if we was willing to but he won't because he is an artist and can do what he wants.

Do you seriously think that the record company ordered him to be back in the studio?:blink: That is rather optimistic. If a record fails commercially, they tend to pull out and not 'order' the aritst to do more.

Also, you also can't possibly believe they are trying to 'destroy' him. No record company has a 'money tree' they harvest when they want to promote something. They choose which artists to invest in and with what intensity. Mika did get a fair share of promo when the album was released but it failed to generate sales, so when they re-assessed it they put their money on a different horse. If there is no expected return to promote something they simply won't.

So it is now time for some miracle to happen in the UK, meaning that his current image of being a cartoon character playing cheesy and even annoying pop songs is reversed or is forgotten. I don't know if it can happen but there is no sense creating conspiracy theories about anyone, especially those having a financial interest in his success, trying to destroy him on purpose. There is surely a lot of incompetence that anyone could observe with the release of his singles - starting from the second album-, but that does not mean any deliberate plan. Besides, his overall image also plays an important part in how he is judged, so he would need to share some of the blame if we was willing to but he won't because he is an artist and can do what he wants.

yup yup yup... i bet that's exactly what is happening.

Edited by guylainem123

I refuse to think that anyone working in a label wanted to ruin Mika´s career... I don´t want to believe they are that stupid. The more albums Mika sells, the more money they get, so... :dunno:

For real something smells like rat (or to rat, I don´t remember) here. I bet we will never know what really happens behind the curtains and I´m not sure how "upset" is Mika with all this. If this were my record, my album, and I were Mika and I wanted my music to be played on the UK, I´d be doing SOMETHING FFS!! It´s ok that his label is doing NO-THING but Mika is not doing ANYTHING either himself.

And yes, I´m also upset that it seems we are more interested in his success than Mika himself.

I used to be really upset with the whole situation as well, as we saw what was happening with the album release in various countries, etc. but i came to the same conclusion rosa - he doesn't see to be bothered much by it. Of course he just maybe be good at hiding that aspect, but he doesn't seem to be actively trying to remedy it either. Either ways my blood pressure was sky rocketing and Mika seemed happy enough so i stopped worrying and let it be :aah::aah:

:floor: at the bolded part...good point...i stopped worrying and now should just start saving...:aah:

Loved the behind the scenes, but was a bit disturbed by the fact they posted this vid even tho he asked whether the mike was off (implying he wanted to speak off the record)...tho he may've given permission afterwards :dunno:

and yea MTV and VH1 are basically dead to music in the states too..

You know, many artists could do these shows but they are not invited.

Invitation is based on a number of things but one important factor is demand.

The only way he can dispel the "cartoon character playing cheesy" image, is by going on the prominent tv shows I mentioned, and showing how different he is now. Being on Sunday Brunch would have been a great start to doing a run of promo in that direction, but he did it as he was about to start the tour abroad, so that fell flat.

The Q magazine interview was great, it portrayed him as the intelligent person we know that he is, and not the screeching falsetto singer that everyone else in the UK sees him as. That would have been a great part of a change of image promo, which would have helped with the album sales immensely.

My thing with the record company is, that they have the vested interest, and the marketing is under their perview, and there has been next to no promo, with tv advertising (I don't think a couple of spots on ITV2 late at night,is helpful promo!) The Universal billboard going into London, had the last 2 albums up on it at release time, this album not a sniff of this new one. Has anyone seen any advertising in The Metro? That is the one paper that gets read by everyone travelling, best way to advertise, catching people on their way to work. If the record company don't try in these avenues of marketing, makes me wonder what it is they are doing to try to sell the album to recoup their money.

I don't think they are out to destroy him, I just think someone there isn't doing their job properly, and should get the boot!

My thoughts exactly. If he was having a rest after the grueling schedule, I would be okay with that, but I'm not pleased about this news really.

Hi guys, do you know the Eurostar ?:mika1:you know the magic metal horses that drive you home in 2 hours ? :mikacool:

For real something smells like rat (or to rat, I don´t remember) here. I bet we will never know what really happens behind the curtains and I´m not sure how "upset" is Mika with all this. If this were my record, my album, and I were Mika and I wanted my music to be played on the UK, I´d be doing SOMETHING FFS!! It´s ok that his label is doing NO-THING but Mika is not doing ANYTHING either himself. I´m sure he knows people there. I´m sure there´s a way to get him in some tv shows etc. The same guy who helped him to be in that tv show at the olimpic games should help him again. And if it was Mika himself asking for favors, I bet everyone would help him.

About the things he does in France, yes, it´s maybe a bit annoying for people from abroad, but Mika´s been doing corporate things since forever and it gives him money which is ok. (IMO he should have done it before recording the UW vid, so he could have spent a bit more in that one:mf_rosetinted:), I also agree with *insert your name*, Mika goes to anywhere he is called. And I´m not sure if it´s something that the label should do, or it´s his management´s duty or what. But the one in charge is failing. And yes, I´m also upset that it seems we are more interested in his success than Mika himself.

Finally a sober opinion. Wise words, Rosita.

I think Mika won't neglect the things which he can do for his career's sake. He is a clever man and not flying in clouds, he is bossy enough and a good business man to let the things he needs just slip away. We don't know all those relations and intrigues which take place in British show business :dunno: