Psy

rachie b

Psy, with their song Gangnam style, is #1 in over 33 countries. With over 900,000,000 views on youtube he beat the previous record holder Justin Bieber's song "Baby" with 800,000,000 views. The band Psy originated in Korea. Fact: Psy stands for Psychotic. :naughty: Psy was shocked over the success with Gangnam style.

Any other fans out there? Express your feelings on the song :wink2: or for those who haven't listened yet, there will be a link soon :teehee:

Here's the link:

Edited by rachie b

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that it's not exactly the same thing, but it makes me think of LMFAO. Instant huge popularity for one song. Then, their other songs were playing on the radio but first of all, it was only this one. They sold a lot of tickets and had a lot of fans. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like they are not as big as they were last year. I think it will be worst with Psy, as I'm not sure that his other songs will became big hits because they are in (korean ?).

Only time will tell us if I'm true. :wink2:

I don't really like this song but the video is funny. But I wont danse on it and listen to it 38472517203044 times like I can do for Mika's songs..... :aah:

He was huge since his debut song 'Bird' in early 2001. After that I was not that interested in his songs for 10 years but he did quite good career in Korea music scene... especially as a songwriter... he made many hit songs for other pop stars... from slow sweet ballad songs to rap dance music. He is very famous for his theatrical concerts and shows so..in that point maybe similar to Mika :fisch:

Gangnam Style is not that different from previous psy songs but that song became huge thanks to Youtube and that horse dance... :naughty: I don't think he can do long-run in worldwide market because of the language barriers... but I'm proud of him and he really know how to make music and how to make shows amazing... No wonder he would become bigger at least in Korea Market :wink2:

At first i thought that Gangnam style is pretty funny. But now.. Everybody is making parodys of it and it's getting really annoying. Even my old school made a version of Gangnam Style.

I live in America and for the presidential vote some one made "Mitt Romney" style. It was actually pretty funny :lmao:

I live in America and for the presidential vote some one made "Mitt Romney" style. It was actually pretty funny :lmao:

I know that! :lmfao: I saw it on TV news and it really was a well made masterpiece..

I loved this London Style Parody (and found a familiar face you know :naughty:)

[YOUTUBE]lMmyeXeXeK0[/YOUTUBE]

and this vid - Jimmy once tweeted this,

[YOUTUBE]fDHPhc3mn8A[/YOUTUBE]

He was huge since his debut song 'Bird' in early 2001. After that I was not that interested in his songs for 10 years but he did quite good career in Korea music scene... especially as a songwriter... he made many hit songs for other pop stars... from slow sweet ballad songs to rap dance music. He is very famous for his theatrical concerts and shows so..in that point maybe similar to Mika :fisch:

Gangnam Style is not that different from previous psy songs but that song became huge thanks to Youtube and that horse dance... :naughty: I don't think he can do long-run in worldwide market because of the language barriers... but I'm proud of him and he really know how to make music and how to make shows amazing... No wonder he would become bigger at least in Korea Market :wink2:

Yeah it's sure it's not the same thing when it's an artist from your own country ! I understand that it makes you proud. :thumb_yello:

Oh Gangnam style plays all the time on the radio!

My son put the elevator scene my hubby's desktop picture at work :aah:

I told him i was going to photoshop their faces in the picture, but i haven't yet :naughty:

Lately though, he's been getting publicity not for his songs, but for his involvement in anti-american actions :dunno:

a few weeks ago, i posted this on my son's FB :teehee:

http://www.jibjab.com/view/LoGKSbzEQcugkgDwzyqAaA?utm_campaign=Friends+Timeline&utm_medium=Share&utm_source=Facebook&

Edited by guylainem123

Oh Gangnam style plays all the time on the radio!

My son put the elevator scene my hubby's desktop picture at work :aah:

I told him i was going to photoshop their faces in the picture, but i haven't yet :naughty:

Lately though, he's been getting publicity not for his songs, but for his involvement in anti-american actions :dunno:

a few weeks ago, i posted this on my son's FB :teehee:

http://www.jibjab.com/view/LoGKSbzEQcugkgDwzyqAaA?utm_campaign=Friends+Timeline&utm_medium=Share&utm_source=Facebook&

Yeah a few years ago he wrote a song against the Americans, he said he was sorry and I would forgive him. But they sent him back to Korea :dunno:

:roftl:

I know that! :lmfao: I saw it on TV news and it really was a well made masterpiece.. . . .

and this vid - Jimmy once tweeted this,

[YOUTUBE]fDHPhc3mn8A[/YOUTUBE]

I think this is my FAV of all The Chain's #1 in the UK COVERS.

Ben's facial expressions are PRICELESS !

Edited by A. Clay

''Gangnam style'' can be at a dictionary

The song "Gangnam Style" is about to consolidate a bit more insertion south-korean singer PSY in Western popular culture. According to the G1 (brazilian news site), the song is among the possible new entries in a British dictionary.

According to the publication, the words "Gangnam Style", "Fiscal Abyss" and "Romneyshambles" were selected to join the "Collins Dictionary".

"We were looking for words that tell the story of the year," said Ian Brookes, consultant editor of the dictionary.

In terms of music, "Gangnam Style" is without doubt the highlight of 2012. Among others, the song had it's choreography mimicked by an immeasurable amount of people, was presented in many charts worldwide, it's owner of the most viewed clip of the history of YouTube, and helped to bring a lifestyle of South Korea into evidence . The other entries are from American politics. "Romneyshambles" entered the British public domain after several gaffes committed by the politician Mitt Romney during a visit to London in July. "Fiscal Abyss", gained attention due to bureaucratic issues involving the U.S. Congress and president Barack Obama.

The fact of being on the "Collins" list of words of the year does not guarantee inclusion in the next dictionary. But according to Brookes, "Gangnam Style" has every chance of getting.

"It is clearly nonsense, then there is a possibility it has disappeared. But it was heard by so many people who think it has probably earned the right to enter to the dictionary, "he affirmed.

Source: http://www.cifraclubnews.com.br/noticias/47992-hit-do-sul-coreno-psy-pode-virar-verbete-de-dicionario-britanico.html

:mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

2667659-PSY-Gangnam-style-graph.png

PSY's 'Gangnam Style' Hits 1 Billion Views on YouTube

by William Gruger, N.Y.

December 21, 2012 10:20 EST

Becomes First Single Video on the Internet to Reach 1B Milestone

http://www.billboard.com/news/psy-s-gangnam-style-hits-1-billion-views-1008059552.story#/news/psy-s-gangnam-style-hits-1-billion-views-1008059552.story

Billion-Countdown-Gangnam-Style.jpg

Out Of This World!

Gangnam Style Hits One Billion Views And Now Even NASA's In PSY's Orbit

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonykosner/2012/12/21/out-of-this-world-gangnam-style-hits-one-billion-views-and-now-even-nasas-in-psys-orbit/

[YouTube]2Sar5WT76kE[/YouTube]

Edited by A. Clay

People have together spent more than 8,000 years watching it. Modern civilization have existed for 5,000 year :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:

I've heard him on the radio and saw him on TV, but I've never watched his youtube video :teehee: I must be the only one :teehee:

That song makes everyone wants to dance doesn't it? :thumb_yello:

Here's a parody of French president dancing with psy :wink2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBJrA-jAbBs

Edited by crazyaboutmika

I've heard him on the radio and saw him on TV, but I've never watched his youtube video :teehee: I must be the only one :teehee:

No don't worry there are 6 billion people too that haven't watched it :aah:

Yes, you can't sit still when you hear it :naughty:

i didn't really like the song at first, but i like the "message" behind it, as far as i know it from the internet. making fun of the "wannabe's", those who think they're something better and have their noses up in the air. i only became interested in the song and watched the video, because i had read about this background story - and with knowing this, i found the video really funny and meanwhile i also like the song. :teehee:

No don't worry there are 6 billion people too that haven't watched it :aah:

Yes, you can't sit still when you hear it :naughty:

Here's a parody of French president dancing with psy :wink2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBJrA-jAbBs

http://telly.com/embed.php?guid=66K4P&autoplay=0

#MIKA is dancing Gangnam Style LOL @mikasounds :D

telly.com

Edited by A. Clay

i didn't really like the song at first, but i like the "message" behind it, as far as i know it from the internet. making fun of the "wannabe's", those who think they're something better and have their noses up in the air. i only became interested in the song and watched the video, because i had read about this background story - and with knowing this, i found the video really funny and meanwhile i also like the song. :teehee:

Message? well ... I don't think it has that serious message or something like that..

The lyrics is just just about "cool, intelligent guys and girls in Gangnam (rich town of Seoul - like Chelsea in London? :teehee: )" :dunno: But there's some 'twist' just because Psy sings that, cuz his appearance is far from that man described in "Gangnam style" That 'Gangnam Style guy' is Psy's wannabe and he sings as if he's exactly like that guy, but the truth is not that so we say it's funny. :naughty:

Here's the English translation..

Oppa is Gangnam style

Gangnam style

A girl who is warm and humanly during the day

A classy girl who knows how to enjoy the freedom of a cup of coffee

A girl whose heart gets hotter when night comes

A girl with that kind of twist

I'm a guy

A guy who is as warm as you during the day

A guy who one-shots his coffee before it even cools down

A guy whose heart bursts when night comes

That kind of guy

Beautiful, loveable

Yes you, hey, yes you, hey

Beautiful, loveable

Now let's go until the end

Oppa is Gangnam style, Gangnam style

Oppa is Gangnam style

Eh- Sexy Lady, Oppa is Gangnam style

Eh- Sexy Lady oh oh oh oh

A girl who looks quiet but plays when she plays

A girl who puts her hair down when the right time comes

A girl who covers herself but is more sexy than a girl who bares it all

A sensable girl like that

I'm a guy

A guy who seems calm but plays when he plays

A guy who goes completely crazy when the right time comes

A guy who has bulging ideas rather than muscles

That kind of guy

Beautiful, loveable

Beautiful, loveable

Now let's go until the end

Oppa is Gangnam style

On top of the running man is the flying man, baby baby

I'm a man who knows a thing or two

On top of the running man is the flying man, baby baby

I'm a man who knows a thing or two

You know what I'm saying

Oppa is Gangnam style

Message? well ... I don't think it has that serious message or something like that..

The lyrics is just just about "cool, intelligent guys and girls in Gangnam (rich town of Seoul - like Chelsea in London? :teehee: )" :dunno: But there's some 'twist' just because Psy sings that, cuz his appearance is far from that man described in "Gangnam style" That 'Gangnam Style guy' is Psy's wannabe and he sings as if he's exactly like that guy, but the truth is not that so we say it's funny. :naughty:

Here's the English translation..

thanks for the translation. yes that's what i meant with "message" - not in the lyrics but the story how the song came about. that he wanted to make fun of those rich people in gangnam who think they're something better and have their noses up in the air, and of other people who want to be like those rich and "cool" people. and he pretends to be one of them but dances in a really silly way and even films this silly dance in this posh quarter gagnam, to make even more fun of them. anyway that's the background story that i read on the internet, and i like it. the fact that it's meant as a parody - otherwise i'd have just thought "wtf?!"! :naughty: