Psy

rachie b

thanks for the translation. yes that's what i meant with "message" - not in the lyrics but the story how the song came about. that he wanted to make fun of those rich people in gangnam who think they're something better and have their noses up in the air, and of other people who want to be like those rich and "cool" people. and he pretends to be one of them but dances in a really silly way and even films this silly dance in this posh quarter gagnam, to make even more fun of them. anyway that's the background story that i read on the internet, and i like it. the fact that it's meant as a parody - otherwise i'd have just thought "wtf?!"! :naughty:

Yes we can say, when Psy dances in silly way singing "Gangnam Style" , Psy is exactly saying "gangnam style guys and girls are nothing special but same and funny as me " :teehee:

But the truth is, PSY is born and raised as an exactly Gangnam style guy. :mf_rosetinted: His father is very rich, his mother owns dozens of luxurious restaurants in all over Seoul. Psy is well-educated in United states and spent his whole life in most luxurious place in Gangnam. He's not that good-looking guy and that's only one difference.

Edited by Yuna

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we can say, when Psy dances in silly way singing "Gangnam Style" , Psy is exactly saying "gangnam style guys and girls are nothing special but same and funny as me " :teehee:

But the truth is, PSY is born and raised as an exactly Gangnam style guy. :mf_rosetinted: His father is very rich, his mother owns dozens of luxurious restaurants in all over Seoul. Psy is well-educated in United states and spent his whole life in most luxurious place in Gangnam. He's not that good-looking guy and that's only one difference.

ah, i didn't know that. still, if he makes fun of this gagnam style although he grew up in this world, at least it means that he kept his feet on the ground and doesn't hold his nose up in the air/thinks he's something better, and that's cool. :thumb_yello:

psy-pistachios.jpg

Get crackin' — Gangnam Style.

"That's the slogan of the forthcoming Wonderful Pistachios Super Bowl campaign featuring South Korean pop star Psy. The rapper achieved worldwide recognition last year for his music video Gangnam Style, the first to hit 1 billion views on YouTube.

The spot doesn't air until Feb. 3, but Wonderful Pistachios is already trying to build buzz for the campaign, namely on Facebook, where a related photo sweepstakes will kick off this week."

psy_small-4_3_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a4ec

Edited by A. Clay

Message? well ... I don't think it has that serious message or something like that..

The lyrics is just just about "cool, intelligent guys and girls in Gangnam (rich town of Seoul - like Chelsea in London? :teehee: )" :dunno: But there's some 'twist' just because Psy sings that, cuz his appearance is far from that man described in "Gangnam style" That 'Gangnam Style guy' is Psy's wannabe and he sings as if he's exactly like that guy, but the truth is not that so we say it's funny. :naughty:

Here's the English translation..

Oppa is Gangnam style

Gangnam style

A girl who is warm and humanly during the day

A classy girl who knows how to enjoy the freedom of a cup of coffee

A girl whose heart gets hotter when night comes

A girl with that kind of twist

I'm a guy

A guy who is as warm as you during the day

A guy who one-shots his coffee before it even cools down

A guy whose heart bursts when night comes

That kind of guy

Beautiful, loveable

Yes you, hey, yes you, hey

Beautiful, loveable

Now let's go until the end

Oppa is Gangnam style, Gangnam style

Oppa is Gangnam style

Eh- Sexy Lady, Oppa is Gangnam style

Eh- Sexy Lady oh oh oh oh

A girl who looks quiet but plays when she plays

A girl who puts her hair down when the right time comes

A girl who covers herself but is more sexy than a girl who bares it all

A sensable girl like that

I'm a guy

A guy who seems calm but plays when he plays

A guy who goes completely crazy when the right time comes

A guy who has bulging ideas rather than muscles

That kind of guy

Beautiful, loveable

Beautiful, loveable

Now let's go until the end

Oppa is Gangnam style

On top of the running man is the flying man, baby baby

I'm a man who knows a thing or two

On top of the running man is the flying man, baby baby

I'm a man who knows a thing or two

You know what I'm saying

Oppa is Gangnam style

Hey, thanks for the translation, didn't notice... I've always wondered what it meant :original:

[YOUTUBE]oOdmGRDwwMk&feature[/YOUTUBE]

HAVIN' a GOOD NIGHT at the NRJ AWARDS . . . WINNING THREE AWARDS ::

'Psy n'en revient toujours pas d'avoir triomphé ce soir avec trois prix:

un Award d'honneur,

le trophée du clip de l'année

et celui de la chanson internationale.'

[YouTube]eVXZzmMEFio&feature[/YouTube]

[YouTube]qI85i9J75EU&feature[/YouTube]

Edited by A. Clay

PSYby@love1D_zyan.jpg

Psy to perform at S. Korea's presidential inauguration

AFP - "Gangnam Style" star Psy will perform at South Korea's presidential inauguration ceremony next month, an official said on Sunday, after the hit song made history as the most-watched video on YouTube.

The rapper will perform to a 60,000-strong audience during the ceremony to be held at the National Assembly in the capital Seoul on February 25, spokesman for the South's president-elect Park Geun-Hye told reporters.

It is not immediately known what songs the singer will perform.

Park Geun-Hye, 60, is the daughter of the South's late military strongman Park Chung-Hee and won the election last month to become the country's first-ever female president.

Psy, whose real name is Park Jae-Sang, made Internet history last December when "Gangnam Style" -- featuring his signature horse-riding dance -- clocked more than one billion views on YouTube.

He is unrelated to the president-elect Park.

The 35-year-old quirky singer won adulation in his homeland for the global hit and in November last year was awarded one of the country's highest cultural honours, the Okgwan Order of Cultural Merit.

http://www.france24.com/en/20130127-psy-perform-koreas-presidential-inauguration?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by A. Clay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...