Popular - with Ariana Grande

Naectegale

It's not on US iTunes so I don't know if it's a single as such. They said it's "promotional" so I don't know what that means and what they intend to do with it. I've never heard of her either, except that her name was mentioned a few months ago when there were rumours about a collaboration.

It's not on US iTunes so I don't know if it's a single as such. They said it's "promotional" so I don't know what that means and what they intend to do with it. I've never heard of her either, except that her name was mentioned a few months ago when there were rumours about a collaboration.

It's OK - they've cleaned it up a bit for US radio - I prefer the original though. but if it gets attention in teh US, that's great :thumb_yello:

And I like new stuff from Mika :thumb_yello:

It sounds so American Bubblegum Pop if you know what I mean? Interesting... This version kind of stresses me out because of the high tempo but I don't think it's bad, I just wish he would've collaborated with someone more famous so he could get some attention in the US...

Edit: Oh, apparently she is famous??? Well done Mika!

Edited by LaraMay

It sounds so American Bubblegum Pop if you know what I mean?

Considering that she looks and sounds too young to be collaborating with Justin Bieber, nevermind Mika, I know exactly what you mean.

The whole appeal of this song is Priscilla's cheeky vocals. It doesn't even work that well live IMO without her. This is just...ugh.

Well her video has more views than any of Mika's so...

[YOUTUBE]CC1cWrxk_mI[/YOUTUBE]

Guess I was way off the mark when I said Mika wasn't willing to do what it takes as far as the US is concerned. :mf_rosetinted:

OMG - she looks about 12 :aah:

Pretty girl though :thumb_yello:

The whole appeal of this song is Priscilla's cheeky vocals. It doesn't even work that well live IMO without her. This is just...ugh.

Exactly! It goes perfectly with the lyrics and all.

I actually loved to hear this song live in Lisbon, but still...the original is the best version, IMO.

Why, Mika?

:bonk:

Exactly! It goes perfectly with the lyrics and all.

I actually loved to hear this song live in Lisbon, but still...the original is the best version, IMO.

Why, Mika?

:bonk:

:teehee:

the original is the best version ever :wub2:

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

. . . as if I needed another reason to LOVE Arianna!!! She is awesome and SO beautiful . . . OF COURSE, I like the original version better! And the first time I heard this version my head was spinning. BUT - I do think this version and with her a part of it - SO MANY more Americans will hear it now, then would have ever before - and I can see a whole lot of people getting curious and excited as to . . . WHO is MIKA just as I did almost 6 years ago!!! This is a good thing!! :mikadas:

Hmmm... yeah the original is better. This version isnt really my cup of tea but i dont think it's too terrible. I too never had heard of her before. Googled her, shes 10 years younger and over a foot shorter xD I really hope this collab gains him a bit of exposure in the states.

Dont like they changed the lyrics from 'bitch' to 'ish' and '****' to 'things' tho. :shun:

Edited by kreacher

OMG what is that :aah: I don't know if I like or hate this version.

Sooo fast I can't breathe during the whole song. As other people say, it sounds a lot more childish than the original. I already hear about this girl but never heard what she sings, for the same reason I'm not listening to Hannah Montana and Justin Bieber...

But the positive sides, it's AMERICAN :aah: So fast that you can't understand anything, it's how they like it... Bubblegum too. So that's maybe the best way to get on US radio. And then, people will start to like Mika and he'll come back on this side of the ocean to make gigs. :naughty:

i seem to be the only one, but i like the new version. :teehee: not as much as the original, and maybe it's just cause i'm a little bit drunk atm and just returned home from a club where they played much worse. :lmfao: but i can so well imagine that on the radio! will listen again tomorrow, but for the moment, i like it. :thumb_yello:

i seem to be the only one, but i like the new version. :teehee: not as much as the original, and maybe it's just cause i'm a little bit drunk atm and just returned home from a club where they played much worse. :lmfao: but i can so well imagine that on the radio! will listen again tomorrow, but for the moment, i like it. :thumb_yello:

You're not alone!

Might blame it on my headache but I think it's quite catchy:wink2: