Popular - with Ariana Grande

Naectegale

Does anyone know when was Popular Song peaked on the Billboard Hot 100???:wink2:

I don't think it was on the Hot 100 at all. It wasn't even charting on iTunes which is the only place it's for sale so it's not going to get on the Billboard charts unless it gets airplay.

http://www.billboard.com/artist/311138/mika/chart?f=379

I don't think it was on the Hot 100 at all. It wasn't even charting on iTunes which is the only place it's for sale so it's not going to get on the Billboard charts unless it gets airplay.

http://www.billboard.com/artist/311138/mika/chart?f=379

Thank you.Yes,I had search on Billboard too,and could not found Popular Song was peaked on Hot 100.But wiki said it peaked on #79.:blink:

Thank you.Yes,I had search on Billboard too,and could not found Popular Song was peaked on Hot 100.But wiki said it peaked on #79.:blink:

They don't have any valid sources listed for that statement so it's not correct. I don't know who is updating Mika's entries but they are all a mess.

tonight, within 80 min of one another, the same Montreal radio station played Karen & Popular song :yay:

:yay:

That just sad but we can't vote for Karen on the 6 à 6. Is that new ? :blink: I didn't have internet for a few days...

But soooo happy to see that Popular is getting higher !! :wub2:

:yay:

That just sad but we can't vote for Karen on the 6 à 6. Is that new ? :blink: I didn't have internet for a few days...

But soooo happy to see that Popular is getting higher !! :wub2:

Karen was taken out earlier this week...

Today, they played Popular 3 times, and Karen 2 times and a Mika song was in a hitmix...

Plenty of airtime, me like!

I hope (more like wish...) this song would pick up the pace in America! I've been raving about it to all of my friends.:naughty: I just know I still prefer the original to the Ariana version.:sneaky2:

I honestly don't think it will. Ariana Grande is too associated with kids and preteens, I've never even heard her regular music on the radio before.

I honestly don't think it will. Ariana Grande is too associated with kids and preteens, I've never even heard her regular music on the radio before.

True. Even if it did, I would be a bit ashamed. That version is nothing like the Mika I have raved about. He would certainly be bashed harshly. Plus, I don't think Ariana even has an official album out yet? I knew she was the red head from the show with the weird school and hot Beck dude, but that's all I knew. I didn't even knew she sang. It's all wishful thinking on my part. I just really want a show in my area, and if he's popular, it's more likely to happen (in theory):mikacool:.

True. Even if it did, I would be a bit ashamed. That version is nothing like the Mika I have raved about. He would certainly be bashed harshly. Plus, I don't think Ariana even has an official album out yet? I knew she was the red head from the show with the weird school and hot Beck dude, but that's all I knew. I didn't even knew she sang.

Some radio stations might play it, I know there are a few stations that like her just because she showed up there for promotion/played at a concert for them. I don't see it going anywhere near national radios like Z100 or Kiis FM. Its too different for these people to even listen to.

Popular Song is not going to get anywhere without publicity. It's a pity Mika isn't on tour in North America and Canada while Popular is getting airplay. He could go on TV and radio to promote it. I don't know who runs TM, but they couldn't organise a-booze-up-in-a-brewery!

Popular Song is not going to get anywhere without publicity. It's a pity Mika isn't on tour in North America and Canada while Popular is getting airplay. He could go on TV and radio to promote it. I don't know who runs TM, but they couldn't organise a-booze-up-in-a-brewery!

Canada is in North America. Actually so is Mexico but that's not likely to be included when they say he will tour North America. Well, you know, if he tours North America. :aah:

Today Popular debuted at #35 on lithuanian radio Top40. I know it's low, but I liked what the DJ said.. Not about the song but about Mika. He said something along the lines that even though Mika isn't as popular as he used to be and his songs aren't as high on the list as it was in the past (Happy Ending and Love Today were #1s), Mika will always get a spot in their Top40 :wub2:

Edited by Milda

Today Popular debuted at #35 on lithuanian radio Top40. I know it's low, but I liked what the DJ said.. Not about the song but about Mika. He said something along the lines that even though Mika isn't as popular as he used to be and his songs aren't as high on the list as in was the past (Happy Ending and Love Today were #1s), Mika will always get a spot in their Top40 :wub2:

It can slowly make its way to the top!

Thanks for sharing:thumb_yello:

POSTED TODAY by

http://www.radiocremebrulee.com/ ::

Radio Creme Brulee ‏@rcremebrulee

"Popular" by @mikasounds is now getting 5 plays a day

on US radio station Radio Creme Brulee:

http://ow.ly/hnsKU #MIKA #TheOriginOfLove

I asked them to feature the new Single with Ariana & Mika.

Going to check which one they are spinning.

NOTED:

Radio Creme Brulee ‏@rcremebrulee

@ACLAYsuper

yes. We are playing the Arians Grande version.

BTW, if you can catch 'POPULAR'

when they play it, you can vote for it

> which increases the station's listeners rating of it.

They just played it here:

http://www.live365.com/stations/pranavc?play=1

so it'll be a while before they repeat it.

Edited by A. Clay