Popular - with Ariana Grande

Naectegale

Her album is now no. 1 in 30 countries. If he is clever he should ride the wave of her success by promoting the sh*t out of Popular. But guess he won't.

Well I think it's his team that need to pull their fingers out of... whatever their fingers are stuck in. It's not Mika's job to go round touting his wares. That's the job of his team. Mika is the product they are meant to be selling. But they aren't doing their job.

Justin is 19, Ariana is 20....

I'm glad Mika has never wanted to use gossip and scandal to be popular and to try to sell more albums, but in the show and music business, it's clear that's a easier way...

He was seen with Lady G, Katy P and Dita VT. Of course the problem with him being seen with women is that everyone knows there's no romance going on.

come to think of it, maybe Mika should have a pic taken of himself, snogging Justin Bieber!!! That would get some attention alright!!

VIDEO:

'13's Ariana Grande Performs on TODAY --

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/VIDEO-13s-Ariana-Grande-Performs-on-TODAY-20130903

'In addition, the album includes an unshakable rendition of the Broadway classic, "Popular Song," with multi-platinum international star Mika'.

Edited by A. Clay

Yes I guess. Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus are consuming enough of my time with their Toronto bar punch ups and twerking. I don't have the energy to keep up with anymore no-talent children.

I can't believe it was only a few years ago that Amy Winehouse, Adele and Paolo Nutini were launching their first albums at that age. Now 19 year olds can't be expected to write anything at all, nevermind intelligent adult themed songs.

Birdy is quite great and she's 16... Not known enough and not as big as the three you mentioned though. So yeah I agree... Unfortunately.

Read 2 excellent reviews of Ariana's album but none mentionned Popular:sneaky2:

Must admit I bought the album out of curiosity and while I won't play it on repeat, there are some songs I really love...

I really really like Ariana Grande... I usually don't like comparisons, but I do think this time that she could be a wanna-be Mariah Carey. She has this reggae-pop sort of beat that I find different from all the pop songs these days... Popular Song is probably the outcast of the album because it's a little bit more bubblegum pop. It stands out. :original:

Review of Popular Song by Popdust (which is reviewing Ariana Grande's album track by track):

Can you believe Ariana Grande, a beautiful and supremely talented 20-year-old who’s already been a celebrity for a quarter of her life, as a high school outcast? If so, maybe you’ll appreciate “Popular Song,” a duet with UK pop enthusiast Mika that originally appeared on Mika’s Origin of Love album, with a video directed by our old friend Chris Marrs Piliero. The song is a jaunty pop revenge tale of getting the upper hand on a grade school bully, with some chorus lessoning about “being true to you” and the true meaning of popularity, wrapped around a smartly placed interpolation of “Popular,” from the hit musical Wicked, which should endear it instantly to any of Ariana’s more theatrically inclined fans.

Hard to imagine Ariana actually having her dumped in the toilets by anyone, so it’s a bit of tough sell relatability-wise, but the two singers sound like they’re having so much fun recording the song that it’s hard to get mad at either of them. And Mika referring to popcorn as “popular corn” (as in “Now you’re working at the movies selling popular corn”) is either the stupidest or the most brilliant song lyric we’ve heard all year. Probably the latter.

POPDUST SAYS: 3/5

http://popdust.com/2013/09/03/ariana-grandes-yours-truly-reviewed-popular-song/

So today I came across this article in our news...

http://www.mako.co.il/nexter-internet/social-networks-twitter/Article-2396925fc92e041006.htm?sCh=cd0c4e8fc83b8310&pId=1498475408

It tells about a girl on twitter who threatened to commit suicide and in the end it appeared to be a hoax designed to promote the new album of Ariana.

Ariana denies any connection to these things and she has no idea about it..

(See tweets below)

I don't know, it's really weird...:blink: Have you heard about it?

So today I came across this article in our news...

http://www.mako.co.il/nexter-internet/social-networks-twitter/Article-2396925fc92e041006.htm?sCh=cd0c4e8fc83b8310&pId=1498475408

It tells about a girl on twitter who threatened to commit suicide and in the end it appeared to be a hoax designed to promote the new album of Ariana.

Ariana denies any connection to these things and she has no idea about it..

(See tweets below)

I don't know, it's really weird...:blink: Have you heard about it?

Yes, the girl who did it said she did it to get more followers.

VIDEO:

'13's Ariana Grande Performs on TODAY --

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/VIDEO-13s-Ariana-Grande-Performs-on-TODAY-20130903

'In addition, the album includes an unshakable rendition of the Broadway classic, "Popular Song," with multi-platinum international star Mika'.

Review of Popular Song by Popdust (which is reviewing Ariana Grande's album track by track):

Can you believe Ariana Grande, a beautiful and supremely talented 20-year-old who’s already been a celebrity for a quarter of her life, as a high school outcast? If so, maybe you’ll appreciate “Popular Song,” a duet with UK pop enthusiast Mika that originally appeared on Mika’s Origin of Love album, with a video directed by our old friend Chris Marrs Piliero. The song is a jaunty pop revenge tale of getting the upper hand on a grade school bully, with some chorus lessoning about “being true to you” and the true meaning of popularity, wrapped around a smartly placed interpolation of “Popular,” from the hit musical Wicked, which should endear it instantly to any of Ariana’s more theatrically inclined fans.

Hard to imagine Ariana actually having her dumped in the toilets by anyone, so it’s a bit of tough sell relatability-wise, but the two singers sound like they’re having so much fun recording the song that it’s hard to get mad at either of them. And Mika referring to popcorn as “popular corn” (as in “Now you’re working at the movies selling popular corn”) is either the stupidest or the most brilliant song lyric we’ve heard all year. Probably the latter.

POPDUST SAYS: 3/5

http://popdust.com/2013/09/03/ariana-grandes-yours-truly-reviewed-popular-song/

That's all good! I love the "popular corn lyric". I think it's genius.

Ariana Grande - Mika collaboration

"How did you collaboration with Mika happen?"

[YOUTUBE]Bzzxfbv6uNQ[/YOUTUBE]

I don't understand this video so well, I want somebody could translate to me in Spanish, thanks

ALBUM REVIEW:

Ariana Grande 'Yours Truly': 'Sam & Cat' Star's Debut Album

One of 2013's Shiniest Debuts Full of Strong R&B-Influenced Pop

[FULL ALBUM STREAM]

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/18741/20130905/album-review-ariana-grande-yours-truly-sam-cat-stars-debut-album-one-of-2013s-shiniest-debuts-full-of-strong-r-b-influenced-pop-full-album-stream.htm

0.jpg

The record does begin to falter near the end. One of the final two tracks, "Popular Song" with "Grace Kelly" singer Mika (the track originally appeared on Mika's album "The Origin of Love") feels more like a bonus track. It's curious as to why it was even included on "Yours Truly" -- the song is more than a year old. The vocals are strong on the track (it is Grande and Mika after all), but rumors have it Grande's label is pushing this as the second pop radio single from "Yours Truly" (as opposed to "Baby I"). If that's true on an album full of strong, new material, it could have disastrous effects for her future career. :uhno:

Edited by A. Clay

I don't understand this video so well, I want somebody could translate to me in Spanish, thanks

¿Cómo surgió tu colaboración con Mika?

Bueno, Mika y yo firmamos con la misma discográfica, Republic Records, y creo que lo que ocurrió fue que él quería una cantante para que apareciera en esto. Antes tenía un rap en la canción, y él la reescribió para que fuera cantada. De hecho grabé una versión rap porque así es como él quería que la interpretara, como la original, pero él se quedó en plan "Vamos a hacerla en versión cantada", y yo dije "¡Bien! ¡Gracias a Dios! ¡Gracias, Mika!". Así que hicimos la versión cantada, y fue divertido porque pude ayudar a escribir algunas de las melodías, lo que fue muy emocionante. De alguna manera todo encajó. Realmente no sé cómo supo de mí o qué fue lo que pasó, probablemente fuese porque somos de la misma discográfica, pero cuando grabábamos el vídeo le pregunté "¿Por qué yo?" y él dijo "Porque creo que eres guay y me gusta tu voz", y yo era como "Gracias", porque me encanta su trabajo, así que genial.

¿Cómo surgió tu colaboración con Mika?

Bueno, Mika y yo firmamos con la misma discográfica, Republic Records, y creo que lo que ocurrió fue que él quería una cantante para que apareciera en esto. Antes tenía un rap en la canción, y él la reescribió para que fuera cantada. De hecho grabé una versión rap porque así es como él quería que la interpretara, como la original, pero él se quedó en plan "Vamos a hacerla en versión cantada", y yo dije "¡Bien! ¡Gracias a Dios! ¡Gracias, Mika!". Así que hicimos la versión cantada, y fue divertido porque pude ayudar a escribir algunas de las melodías, lo que fue muy emocionante. De alguna manera todo encajó. Realmente no sé cómo supo de mí o qué fue lo que pasó, probablemente fuese porque somos de la misma discográfica, pero cuando grabábamos el vídeo le pregunté "¿Por qué yo?" y él dijo "Porque creo que eres guay y me gusta tu voz", y yo era como "Gracias", porque me encanta su trabajo, así que genial.

Gracias, por la traducción, no entendía casi nada !!! Thank you for the time you've taken attachment.php?attachmentid=9420&d=1378501334

Look what I found guys!!! Yay! [ATTACH]9421[/ATTACH]

Sorry I'm on my phone, if you can't see it, I guess you can click on the link? I was happy when I saw that WOOP WOOP Mika!

can't see it

can't see it

Me neither...

Grrr... I'll post it again when I'll get on a computer :original:

But the content was that Popular Song music video was on front page of YouTube with Roar by Katy Perry in the "What's Hot" section.

Edited by RayaBadran

Sorry Raya the attachment was just in a moderation queue. I've approved it so it should be visible to everyone now and you don't need to upload it again. Anyway good news. Hopefully the video keeps picking up steam while people are discovering Ariana's album.

Sorry Raya the attachment was just in a moderation queue. I've approved it so it should be visible to everyone now and you don't need to upload it again. Anyway good news. Hopefully the video keeps picking up steam while people are discovering Ariana's album.

The girl is everywhere these days:wink2:

Look what I found guys!!! Yay! [ATTACH]9421[/ATTACH]

Sorry I'm on my phone, if you can't see it, I guess you can click on the link? I was happy when I saw that WOOP WOOP Mika!

It's so good Mika work were very valued :mikadas: