Popular - with Ariana Grande

Naectegale

wow after saw many pros and contras here, I think we need to give mika a chance for every his action. I will never lose my faith on him.

mika gotta do what he gotta do :)

I have faith in his talent and music

in mika we trust, in mika we trust

tumblr_m6mkv5cUjH1rrczogo1_400.gif

(not so much in his willing to conquer USA)

i still like the new version, and i like it more with every listen. :thumb_yello: tbh, i doubt i would've liked it if it had been the first version i'd heard, but after listening to a song again and again, it's nice to get something fresh - and THIS definitely sounds fresh! what i like about it is that there's a lot more melody in the rap than in the original version - i think it suits mika's voice better, to sing the rap parts rather than speaking them. like he did at the gigs. and they added some beautiful harmonies in the 2nd verse, especially the toilet part and i also like it how they sing "how come you look so cool". what i like less than in the original version is the background sound of the song, that's also what i wouldn't have liked if this had been the first version i'd heard. like someone said on here, "chipmunks", yeah, it really sounds a bit like it. :lmfao: but it sounds exactly like something that would be played on the radio a million times a day. and THAT is good! a hit single is exactly what mika needs right now, and this is way better than celebrate, imo! it's a cool and funny song, with a beautiful melody, produced in a radio-friendly way. i had wished he'd release popular as a single, as it's one of my fave songs on the album, but i knew it never would happen - not with the album version, it's a great song but i can't imagine it being played on the radio. this version though is perfect for the radio. and if this ariana grande girl is popular in the US, even better. i hope the song will become a huge hit, then mika won't have to worry anymore - he really deserves more success with his album than he had so far!

Could not have said it better:thumb_yello:

I think at some point I can hear chipmunks doing backing vocals :blink: .....but maybe it's a good thing,I know chipmunks has a lot of fans too :mf_rosetinted:

:teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

I have faith in his talent and music

in mika we trust, in mika we trust

tumblr_m6mkv5cUjH1rrczogo1_400.gif

(not so much in his willing to conquer USA)

I really prefer the album version, but as I don't know this girl, I guess they hav done a good choice for the US market.

That's my point too. I mean... Lets face it. His publicity people have let him down so badly. Every time I see an ad for an album on UK TV I could scream, because there isn't one for TOOL! If I was Mika, I'd sack the lot of them.

So ANYTHING that helps matters is good for him. If this track makes people look up Mika, we know they'll be pleased they did.

I don't actually think she dominates the track. I can still hear Mika's golden tones well enough. She sings more of the song with him, but she's the featured artist, so that's only fair.

Exactly, and now it's just to hope for the best. Hope it will be a big hit! And if it will then it will be so much better to release other songs from the album.

i miss the swear words :tears:

:aah:

i can remember the days when the mods used to tell us off about swear words and naughty stuff as we had to consider the younglingz :aah: now Mika is considering the younglingz and we are all moaning about the absence of rude words :doh:

Mikaland is a strange country with even stranger rules :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by Naectegale

i can remember the days when the mods used to tell us off about swear words and naughty stuff as we had to consider the younglingz :aah: now Mika is considering the younglingz and we are all moaning about the absence of rude words :doh:

Mikaland is a strange country with even stranger rules :mf_rosetinted:

I really don't think Mika is considering the younglings. He doesn't have a choice.

BTW I have always been pro-swearing. :mf_rosetinted:

I really don't think Mika is considering the younglings. He doesn't have a choice.

BTW I have always been pro-swearing. :mf_rosetinted:

I know - he has to consider radio plays - he has always used bad language far more than would ever be allowed if he had posted on MFC. The mods would have banned him :floor:

I was just remembering more innocent days on the MFC :angel_not:

I was just remembering more innocent days on the MFC :angel_not:

I think the policy has always been we don't permit what is filtered out by the board's filter. It was just set up that way by Sunny Monkey and we never agreed to change it. I don't think any words in Mika's songs are banned on MFC. Although obviously it's not okay to go around calling other members bitches and whores, etc. :naughty:

I think the policy has always been we don't permit what is filtered out by the board's filter. It was just set up that way by Sunny Monkey and we never agreed to change it. I don't think any words in Mika's songs are banned on MFC. Although obviously it's not okay to go around calling other members bitches and whores, etc. :naughty:

...talking of which - What is a fugazi?:aah:

D**n!