• Step With Me
    • Popular Song
    • Emily
    • Elle Me Dit
    • Heroes
    • Celebrate
    • Karen
    • Tah Dah

So, as promised, I am coming back with another poll where you can choose, if you want, the 2 songs you believe would have been the best singles to promote the album with. That is subjective, of course, so perhaps the best idea is to think of the songs you can imagine your local radio stations playing from this album.

We have 18 songs but only 16 options I can put for voting. So, I decided not to include L’amour dans le mauvais temps and Un soleil mal lune (both of which I really like though) as they would make an unlikely single, IMO, especially internationally.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for "Stardust" and "Love you when I'm drunk". "Stardust" is very catchy and probably the most "mass-appealing" song on the album. But I'm not sure if it's maybe not special and not deep enough (if you have never listened to the live version). "Love you when I'm drunk" is the very opposite, it's very special. But therefore probably a very polarizing song, too, you will either hate or love. But you won't forget it, if you have heart it once. So I think this song could do either really good or really bad.

And I just wanted to add, that I think no one will vote for "Celebrate" because we know now that it didn't worked out very well, but that it's not necessarily the rating the song would have gotten if it hadn't been the single.

And I just wanted to add, that I think no one will vote for "Celebrate" because we know now that it didn't worked out very well, but that it's not necessarily the rating the song would have gotten if it hadn't been the single.

I don't think so, actually. Most of us guessed it would not work out the first time we heard it and it didn't. You can read back first reactions... To me this poll confirms that single choice is more obvious to most fans than it is to record companies.

Edited by suzie

I voted Stardust (10000000000 times repeated that Stardust should be single!) and Elle Me Dit.

My fave song is Love you when I'm drunk but ... my taste and possibility of commercial success is quite different.. :naughty:

I voted Stardust (10000000000 times repeated that Stardust should be single!) and Elle Me Dit.

My fave song is Love you when I'm drunk but ... my taste and possibility of commercial success is quite different.. :naughty:

Yes I voted for Stardust only as it's the only obvious hit IMO. I have no idea what is going to work on radio and what isn't and favourites have even less to do with it. :naughty: