Louiza

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could try to translate it if you give me a moment :aah:

EDIT:

The music was a liberation and it allowed me not to have more fear.

Why did you want to consecrate this new album about love?

Generally, CDs about love are boring, unrealistic. For me love is true, funny, dangerous, wicked, joyful and absurd. I wanted to talk about love in a precise moment of my life. I am 30 years old and in 10 years, my vision of love will change. With this album, I realized that when we talk about love, we talk about life, about the identity, about the person who would like to be, about our intimate.

Why did you write songs in French?

I spent my early years in Paris and I was very happy. At age 11, my life has changed. I hated my first years in England. Write in French allowed me to find the child I was.

Do you remember your first song?

It had a beautiful melody. In a melody, there is a power. You could make fun of someone, but not of a melody.

You had a childhood and an adolescence complicated. Somehow, the music has saved you...

Let's say that it was a nice revenge. The music was a liberation. It gave me a independence and a way to live my life without fear. I was so mismatched at school, with teachers and students. I was lonely, dumb. I was afraid. I wanted them to forget me. I wanted to disappear. I wanted to do something that others could not do: the music.

I decided to write my own songs. It was easier than brush my teeth. Today, I stand in front of a piano and write songs to understand what I live. It 's like a kind of private diary.

What is for you the most beautiful love song?

The solitude of Barbara. At the end of the song, we have the feeling that she is in love with solitude. It is very sad but it makes me think of a lullaby.

Edited by Lucrezia

EDIT:

Generally, CDs about love are boring, unrealistic. For me love is true, funny, dangerous, wicked, joyful and absurd. I wanted to talk about love in a precise moment of my life. I am 30 years old and in 10 years, my vision of love will change. With this album, I realized that when we talk about love, we talk about life, about the identity, about the person who would like to be, about our intimate.

I spent my early years in Paris and I was very happy. At age 11, my life has changed. I hated my first years in England. Write in French allowed me to find the child I was.

It had a beautiful melody. In a melody, there is a power. You could make fun of someone, but not of a melody.

You had a childhood and an adolescence complicated. Somehow, the music has saved you...

Let's say that it was a nice revenge. The music was a liberation. It gave me a independence and a way to live my life without fear. I was so mismatched at school, with teachers and students. I was lonely, dumb. I was afraid. I wanted them to forget me. I wanted to disappear. I wanted to do something that others could not do: the music.

I decided to write my own songs. It was easier than brush my teeth. Today, I stand in front of a piano and write songs to understand what I live. It 's like a kind of private diary.

The solitude of Barbara. At the end of the song, we have the feeling that she is in love with solitude. It is very sad but it makes me think of a lullaby.

Thank you so much Lucrezia! :thumb_yello: Another great, little interview :blush-anim-cl: MIKA must be a dream to interview! - always gives so good answers, followed by explanation :wub2: I have made interviews with a lot of artists, during my 15 years with radiowork - but I think our boy is a star, also with this :wub2:

Love,love

me

EDIT:

Thanks for translating Lucrezia! :flowers2: