studying will be over, uni exams will be over, leaving school prom. in short - freedom for a while. :naughty:

oh... That's awesome :teehee: mine is more concerning the weather because honestly I don't have less job when I'm in summer vacation :aah: I work at three places, I have summer school and driving school and another bac in music to finish... Nothing better than normal :teehee: but yeah at least the weather is better... Today it's 2 degrees Celsius when two days ago it was like -26... praise the lord.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read the fault in our stars. I hate it.

So I'm NOT the only one. Everyone I know adores that book, and I read a chapter or two and didn't care for it at all. Didn't read any further. I also began another book of his, An Abundance of Katherines, and I didn't like that either.

So I'm NOT the only one. Everyone I know adores that book, and I read a chapter or two and didn't care for it at all. Didn't read any further. I also began another book of his, An Abundance of Katherines, and I didn't like that either.

Hey, I know that feeling when you read a really trendy book and it just disappoints you! If you allow me :thumb_yello:, I recommend you "the shadow of wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafón (a spanish writer), it is seriously one of the BEST books I've ever read!!!

Hello....:fisch: so today I took the National French exam, and guess who one of the paragraphs was about....!!!!!!

I couldn't contain my excitement and gasped- in the middle of taking the test...:blush-anim-cl:

We just had to answer questions about the paragraphs, which were in French, obviously, and one happened to be about Mika and his musical successes! Ahh....how wonderful...but unfortunately none of my friends listen to Mika, even thought I tried to get them to look him up. So I came here to rant about my excitement :teehee:

OMG!!! that's an awesome way to just make your exam better!! so... what was your result? I hope it was good!:huglove:

Hey, I know that feeling when you read a really trendy book and it just disappoints you! If you allow me :thumb_yello:, I recommend you "the shadow of wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafón (a spanish writer), it is seriously one of the BEST books I've ever read!!!

I've heard great things about that book. I'll have to put it on my to read list. I've also really been disappointed by Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

I've heard great things about that book. I'll have to put it on my to read list. I've also really been disappointed by Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

Oh, I haven't read that one (I have no time with university's books) , but I thought it would be good, 'cause I read a review that said something about Riggs is a photograph collector... Guess I had to read it to know! Haha

And yeah, definitely read Zafón's trilogy, it is really good!!

So I'm NOT the only one. Everyone I know adores that book, and I read a chapter or two and didn't care for it at all.

I read that book too because of all the enthusiastic reviews and it totally disappointed me. So cheesy, predictable and boring. Everything seemed to be aimed at arousing pity in a forced way.

A trendy book I liked very much instead was "The perks of being a wallflower". It's so honest and moving. The writing style is very simple and yet perfect at conveying emotions in a graceful manner. Also I totally relate to the main character and maybe this is the reason I loved it. :wub2:

I recommend you "the shadow of wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafón (a spanish writer), it is seriously one of the BEST books I've ever read!!!

A beautiful book indeed :thumb_yello:

Oh, I haven't read that one (I have no time with university's books) , but I thought it would be good, 'cause I read a review that said something about Riggs is a photograph collector... Guess I had to read it to know! Haha

And yeah, definitely read Zafón's trilogy, it is really good!!

The pictures in the book are creepy and amazing, but they are covering up a really lame story. We should have a thread for book lovers!

srsly...nobody will talk to me...? :sad:

Ohhh I'm sorry!!! How are you!?? And since this is a random thread I will tell you that right now I'm getting ready to go to school... And I don't wanna go! Hahaha it's friday and the last thing I want now is staying in a class room until 10pm!! (it's 11:51am here in mexico)

I just bumped up the old book thread :thumb_yello:

I should have known there was one out there. There is a thread for everything here, I think. I'll check it out.

I should have known there was one out there. There is a thread for everything here, I think. I'll check it out.

Over the course of going on 8 years there are very things we haven't covered, that's true. :naughty:

*Bump* Hello... *feels like a desert island, sand everywhere but no sign of human life*

Hello :tumbleweed: What's up? I ate way too much and have been listening to "Century man" on repeat, singing along and wondering how the hell it’s possible to sing it with a human voice.