Hello :tumbleweed: What's up? I ate way too much and have been listening to "Century man" on repeat, singing along and wondering how the hell it’s possible to sing it with a human voice.

Oh I totally forgot that there was this little smiley face :aah: I'm good! I'm taking this break to surf the net then go back to college work :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I totally forgot that there was this little smiley face :aah: I'm good! I'm taking this break to surf the net then go back to college work :mf_rosetinted:

What are you working on, Raya? It's Friday night, you should be out having a good time, not doing "college work!" :wags_finger:

Yeah me too! Back to studying Italian perhaps? :biggrin2: Feel free to PM me if you need any help! I could use some correction too with my English :mikasweat:

Yeah me too! Back to studying Italian perhaps? :biggrin2: Feel free to PM me if you need any help! I could use some correction too with my English :mikasweat:

I'm trying to learn a little Italian too, and I'm just confounded by prepositions-like dai, del, dal dallo dei. I never know which to use when. The rest is going pretty good, but this? I'm at a loss.

I'm trying to learn a little Italian too, and I'm just confounded by prepositions-like dai, del, dal dallo dei. I never know which to use when. The rest is going pretty good, but this? I'm at a loss.

Italian is very insidious, especially for English and Asian speakers, it takes some time. It's great that you're already quite good!

The use of propositions changes from time to time, it depends on the sentence. If you have any questions I'd be happy to help! I understand your frustration, it's the same for me with English! Very often I want to say something but I don't know how to phrase it, so I end up changing the whole sentence or saying nothing at all :blowup:

Yes! Actually studying Spanish at the moment, I'm having an essay in Italian to prepare for next course also :mf_rosetinted: I'd be a pleasure to help you in English! PM me anytime also!

What are you working on, Raya? It's Friday night, you should be out having a good time, not doing "college work!" :wags_finger:

I was suppose to see Divergent with friends, but refused because of school :mf_rosetinted: Languages are taking all of my time and life :sneaky2:

Hahahaha, never. :mf_rosetinted:

I never let anyone read my poems. :fisch:

:emot-sad: Seems legit. Too bad though, you'll never know if you're good if you don't let anyone read them (not me obviously, someone competent :naughty:). I'm sure you're talented!

:emot-sad: Seems legit. Too bad though, you'll never know if you're good if you don't let anyone read them (not me obviously, someone competent :naughty:). I'm sure you're talented!

That doesn't really matter to me though, I just write them for myself. And thank you. :blush-anim-cl:

Yes! Actually studying Spanish at the moment, I'm having an essay in Italian to prepare for next course also :mf_rosetinted: I'd be a pleasure to help you in English! PM me anytime also!

It's very kind of you, thank you! I'd help you with pleasure with the Italian essay. Good work!

That doesn't really matter to me though, just write them for myself. And thank you. :blush-anim-cl:

:wink2:

Italian is very insidious, especially for English and Asian speakers, it takes some time. It's great that you're already quite good!

The use of propositions changes from time to time, it depends on the sentence. If you have any questions I'd be happy to help! I understand your frustration, it's the same for me with English! Very often I want to say something but I don't know how to phrase it, so I end up changing the whole sentence or saying nothing at all :blowup:

I always think I have the rules figured out, but then something comes along that doesn't fit the pattern and I'm all confused again. So most of the time I just use del. It seems to work a lot. I have a learn Italian app, and is very good. Likewise, I can help with English questions as well.

OK, here's one-does it matter if I use ma or bensi, or are they interchangable?

I always think I have the rules figured out, but then something comes along that doesn't fit the pattern and I'm all confused again. So most of the time I just use del. It seems to work a lot. I have a learn Italian app, and is very good. Likewise, I can help with English questions as well.

OK, here's one-does it matter if I use ma or bensi, or are they interchangable?

They both can be used as adversative conjunctions, but "bensì" is only used after a negation, it's like "but rather". For example, "Non voglio fare quello, bensì questo": here "bensì" and "ma" are interchangeable. However, "ma" has a much wider use, it's not only adversative, it can also be used after a sentence to introduce a new subject, or before an exclamation. So, when in doubt use "ma" and you can't go wrong :thumb_yello:

Edited by Log lady

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hahaha, sure! The bruises are for last week rugby, the paint for today's paintball :naughty:

Nice to see someone out enjoying themselves! I'd be out a lot more if the weather here would just behave itself!