2013 - LAS VEGAS, NV - Hard Rock Cafe - 29 March -- REPORTS/PICS

mari62

Thanks for your reviews and pics Nina. I've been reading them all. :flowers2:

I feel so removed from it in a way and feel like the east coast shows are going to have a totally different vibe so I'm still not quite sure what to expect. But Mika's performances in LA were amazing.

I haven't been to Vegas in 20 years so I don't recognize any of the things in your pics. It's changed so much!! :shocked: I used to love the thrill of the slot machines going off but it just gives me a headache now too. :naughty:

Is it ridiculous to say this venue almost looks too small (yeah okay it's ridiculous but...). I can imagine people talking in the back because it just seems like a local little comedy club instead of a music venue for someone like Mika.

It must have been amazing for you though. Have you taken any video? Not to post, but just for yourself?

I didn't take any vids during my trip, because they especially announced it's not allowed. And I'm not sure if it was only because of Century Man (and he was just asked to announce it), but I didn't film without his permission. You know, he must have known I wanted to film something, just for myself and as a memory, but he didn't give any sign it's okay so I didn't do it. Would love to watch the vids back home, but on the other hand, this way I really tried to memorize everything.

His Performance in LA was stunning, as you can see from those very good quality vids someone posted on Youtube. But his performance was equally good every night, really. His voice is brilliant. Solana Beach was even better because the audience was so good and Mika was in really relaxed mood and made a lot of jokes. And the Vegas crowd wasn't that good, but I had a feeling he concentrated on his singing even more, so it was really special to watch and listen. People chatting during Hia Leah was really disturbing (how can someone talk during Mika singing Hia Leah???? :blink:) but mostly I could enjoy as usually. Happy Ending was amazing every time, and in SB he did a part of it in front of me, without his microphone and I must have looked stupidly happy... I seriously felt I can't breath :shocked:

Any idea what kind of vibe could be in the east coast shows? I don't know the US much at all, seen only NY/Boston once and now California, so I can't imagine the differences.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet find!^^^

I see me take a pic of Mika shoes in the Underwater one...embarassing. haha

Okay,

I don't really have a review that matters anymore since the show was a few days ago so I'll just post pix. I will include the full pix of of ones you guys already have because instagram cropped them.

I'll start with ME! max and Curtis saw me take this picture. :doh:

a_zps89bd613c.jpg

When Max and Curtis came out i gave them some beads I got the night before saying they needed to 'SHINE in Vegas". :aah:

b_zpsedeee048.jpg

c_zps346824d3.jpg

l_zps129ce98f.jpg

i_zpsd9aa0a67.jpg

j_zps0970ea4f.jpg

k_zpsd2508bf9.jpg

o_zpsb7dedbb3.jpg

m_zps6aaf7123.jpg

n_zps0f57d614.jpg

g_zps95376558.jpg

h_zps2420c452.jpg

:pinkbow: :pinkbow: :pinkbow: :pinkbow: :pinkbow:

Curtis is wearing the braces I picked out! I wish Mika would put them on in public just once since they are all swapping clothes all the time and one of the band members wears those braces at every single gig. :aah:

Thanks for all the photos, Lucy! Love your pic with the poster! :wub2:

Any idea what kind of vibe could be in the east coast shows? I don't know the US much at all, seen only NY/Boston once and now California, so I can't imagine the differences.

I'm guessing that the vibe at the NYC and Boston gigs is going to be similar to that at the LA gig. Exciting! :excite:

But Philly and DC? I'm curious myself. I found this on the Philly venue today:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/the-best-clubs-in-america-20130328/union-transfer-in-philadelphia-19691231

Makes it sound like it could be awesome. :dunno:

Thanks for all the photos, Lucy! Love your pic with the poster! :wub2:

I'm guessing that the vibe at the NYC and Boston gigs is going to be similar to that at the LA gig. Exciting! :excite:

But Philly and DC? I'm curious myself. I found this on the Philly venue today:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/the-best-clubs-in-america-20130328/union-transfer-in-philadelphia-19691231

Makes it sound like it could be awesome. :dunno:

Montreal shouldbe pretty wild too:thumb_yello:

• 3 years later...
  • silver changed the title to 2013 - LAS VEGAS, NV - Hard Rock Cafe - 29 March -- REPORTS/PICS