MIKA @XFactor Italy 2013 as a judge!

robertina

There can be reasons for that? Too much pressure or expectations? Maybe he simply loves doing so many things it's difficult to concentrate on only writing music?

Lol, I almost feel a bad fan because I'm not crying in a corner because of his career decisions! But I've already invested a lot of emotions and tears in him. I cry even for happiness! I love his music and as a fan I hope him to live a good and creative life. It's something he needs to find himself and all I can do is to support him and wish him all the best.

:thumb_yello: Totally agree - i think you're a great fan :huglove:

Love,love

me

But he also used to be a model for Paul Smith since 2007,and appearing on ads for Christian Louboutin from long time ago, having his Coca Cola bottle,to-fu dolls,and many other stuff,at least this is Mika that I know :dunno:

He modelled for Paul Smith once before he even released his record. Once his music career took off he wasn't faffing around modelling clothes. He was too busy promoting his album and touring.

The Coca Cola bottle was for charity. The Tofu dolls were tied into his whole brand as an artist, the same as the artwork for his albums. Those projects were driven by Mika and shared with his fans. Not driven by some pop star factory and aimed at someone else's audience.

That could've been at least in part due to lack of opportunity back then? :dunno:

He had every opportunity in the world in 2007. He turned down Canadian Idol because he was busy concentrating on the US. Oh and because once upon a time he claimed to not support these types of shows because it was antithetical to his whole outlook on being a pop artist.

The first gig I went to there was no opening act. They just played this animation.

[YOUTUBE]-0qFDIAzvN8[/YOUTUBE]

THIS is what got people so excited about Mika in those days. He truly was the anti XFactor pop star.

He has already changed his career. Can't you see that? He used to do nothing but write and perform his own music. In the past 3-4 years he has made one album and toured for about 3 months on his own headlining tours. He's been devoting the majority of his time to everything but his own music for more than half of his career now.

Did he really do that (or was it really only what he wanted to do) in earlier years? I think he was more than only music from the beginning. When he send his Demos to record labels he made all this artwork-boxes, he said that he would probably become a cartoon painter if hadn't become a musician as "main job", he created his very own fashion style for himself from the beginning (and now he just does it professionally for a clothes line). The picture I got from Mika over the years is that I needs and wants this creating of visual things as well. And one can't say "block out this part and just do music now" if more is in him.

(This wasn't related to XFactor now at all)

He modelled for Paul Smith once before he even released his record. Once his music career took off he wasn't faffing around modelling clothes. He was too busy promoting his album and touring.

The Coca Cola bottle was for charity. The Tofu dolls were tied into his whole brand as an artist, the same as the artwork for his albums. Those projects were driven by Mika and shared with his fans. Not driven by some pop star factory and aimed at someone else's audience.

He had every opportunity in the world in 2007. He turned down Canadian Idol because he was busy concentrating on the US. Oh and because once upon a time he claimed to not support these types of shows because it was antithetical to his whole outlook on being a pop artist.

The first gig I went to there was no opening act. They just played this animation.

[YOUTUBE]-0qFDIAzvN8[/YOUTUBE]

THIS is what got people so excited about Mika in those days. He truly was the anti XFactor pop star.

i can't see the animation :tears:

The picture I got from Mika over the years is that I needs and wants this creating of visual things as well. And one can't say "block out this part and just do music now" if more is in him.

Right so now things have swung so far in the other direction and clearly have nothing to do with Mika's creative pursuits (selling sunglasses? judging X Factor?) that I just can't feel invested in his world anymore.

Anyway I'll leave you all to it. If people want to be excited about this you are free to. I don't need to justify why I don't want to watch an Italian TV show or buy Spanish beer to continue calling myself a Mika fan.

:bye:

My dear disappointed fans, be aware Mika is not killing anyone, he'll be in Italy only for two (maybe three) months and only for a bunch of days each time, that's all.

I promise you we do not kidnap him, we'll not make him play the mandolin or eat pizza all the time, or sing tenor arias. He'll not become a Mafia boss or a thief, we'll not impose him black mustaches or a flat cap.

We'll return him exactly as he's always been. Believe me friends,:flowers2: and do not worry.

p.s.

(:italia:)

My dear disappointed fans, be aware Mika is not killing anyone, he'll be in Italy only for two (maybe three) months and only for a bunch of days each time, that's all.

I promise you we do not kidnap him, we'll not make him play the mandolin or eat pizza all the time, or sing tenor arias. He'll not become a Mafia boss or a thief, we'll not impose him black mustaches or a flat cap.

We'll return him exactly as he's always been. Believe me friends,:flowers2: and do not worry.

p.s.

:naughty: I can breath now!!! :mikasweat::naughty::wink2:

The problem is not Italy Miquette.....it could have been any other world :naughty:

I'm sure Uk fans would have turned mad if he had decided to be a judge at XFactor UK!

we are happy to have him in Italy and that he shows so much love for our country. Let's also add that in this moment finding someone who appreciates Italy is quite comforting. :blink:

But let's face it: it's not a high quality, high profile thing. And it will engage him for a long time, when we hoped he would tour or make new music. To be successful in Italy? wtf? it's not like being successful in the US, or in the UK, or even Germany. Our place in the music kingdom is equal to ...disneyland.

And italians are not exactly the richest people in the world now, ready to spend money on CDs or even gig tickets (and actually, we haven't got any Mika gig planned so far, have we).

So, even if we will never know the real reasons why of this decision, we can express our doubts and ideas.

I'm not going to give Mika up, but I would prefer him doing other things.

I still hope he'll give us more than a stupid fake show, maybe an intimate gig? :wub2:

You are right Robie, it's not because it's in Italy...

And no! it's not about jealousy from foreign fans :doh:

It's just that I don't understand the need for a singer in his prime to lock himself down for months judging others' performances.

In 20 years from now, maybe.... :teehee:

Even if he's in Italy... he's still only on TV in your livingroom, talking... not singing (will you go wait for him at the door of the studio? :aah:)

I wonder if he'll have problems telling people if they are horrible :naughty:

But let's face it: it's not a high quality, high profile thing. And it will engage him for a long time, when we hoped he would tour or make new music. To be successful in Italy? wtf? it's not like being successful in the US, or in the UK, or even Germany. Our place in the music kingdom is equal to ...disneyland.

And italians are not exactly the richest people in the world now, ready to spend money on CDs or even gig tickets (and actually, we haven't got any Mika gig planned so far, have we).

So, even if we will never know the real reasons why of this decision, we can express our doubts and ideas.

I completely agree with every word you said. I don't like talent shows and I don't want him to be known here as the "XFactor judge" but for his music and art.

The problem is not Italy Miquette.....it could have been any other world :naughty:

I'm sure Uk fans would have turned mad if he had decided to be a judge at XFactor UK!

we are happy to have him in Italy and that he shows so much love for our country. Let's also add that in this moment finding someone who appreciates Italy is quite comforting. :blink:

I still hope he'll give us more than a stupid fake show, maybe an intimate gig? :wub2:

You know me well Robi.

If he'd said he was doing it here, I'd have been a million times more disappointed as I am him doing it in Italy.

Roberta: tu quoque??

Don't you think that artists like Elio or Morgan are part of the excellence of pop music? Although they are not known abroad, (and for years misunderstood even by us) we know their artistic value and their deep musical culture, classical and contemporary. Both were judges in our Xfactor, and maybe it's one of the reasons that pushes Mika to take their place. The quality of their work. I don't like this kind of program either, I approached Mika because he is deeper and more innovative and interesting than many others. And I've always look at pop music with a critical eye. But our Xfactor had some characters that have made it perhaps less popular but more valuable and quality, and Mika is the right contiuum.

Ha,I can! :tongue2:

karma is a b*itch :mf_rosetinted:

p.s.

:lmao:

i hope u do the bolded part tho - he needs some skin on his bones pronto !:aah:

karma is a b*itch :mf_rosetinted:

:lmao:

i hope u do the bolded part tho - he needs some skin on his bones pronto !:aah:

Karma is my middle name :das:

And I agree about his bones:beautiful,but too bony :aah:

I'm not jealous of Italy neither Italian fans :huglove:

I just want him to do his tour here and preferably this year :aah:

MIKA's music is all :mikalove: and He will always have my support, in X Factor or other things what He will doing.

I've seen he's made the homepages of the main Italian newspapers:

La Repubblica: http://www.kataweb.it/tvzap/video/xf7-e-ufficiale-mika-nuovo-giudice/?ref=HRESS-39

La Stampa: http://www.nostalgia.it/articolo/lstp/3259/

Ansa: http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/rubriche/spettacolo/2013/04/22/Mika-verso-giuria-Factor_8595612.html (not a newspaper - press agency)

They all speak highly of him. That's nice, for now.

Edited by GinevraDahl

http://ingridchant.blogspot.nl/2013/04/dear-mika.html

Maybe that will help to get my point across.

I agree with you. I really wish he had turned them down...

I remember him say that he could never be a judge because he had no right to judge other people. :blink:

I hope it won't bring down too much his career... I really only wish him the best...