MIKA @XFactor Italy 2013 as a judge!

robertina

http://ingridchant.blogspot.nl/2013/04/dear-mika.html

Maybe that will help to get my point across.

I tried to post an answer/reaction underneath your blog, but I don't seem to be able to manage...

Here it is:

Wow Ingrid: erg goed geschreven! Ik ben het er helemaal mee eens, heb er niets aan toe te voegen!

Bedankt dat je dit geschreven hebt!

Very well written! I completely agree, don't have anything to add!

Thanks for writing this!

Anneke

Then I'm definitely on the wrong place :doh:

Now,after reading all the complains about this subject,I wish that some people could stop for a second and think at what they would do,if they'd be in Mika's place,but be fair. I don't know if you have any idea about how much money we're talking here,but it's a lot of money.Well,I know what I'd do :teehee:

Serious folks, he can walk in our streets without being stopped, and this is not a good sign for an international pop star.

Well I don't wish to be stalked of course, but, as I said in another post, I'm so tired to answer to the same question: Mika who?

He has already changed his career. Can't you see that? He used to do nothing but write and perform his own music. In the past 3-4 years he has made one album and toured for about 3 months on his own headlining tours. He's been devoting the majority of his time to everything but his own music for more than half of his career now.

I have given up hoping things are going to change because he is moving farther and farther in the other direction.

I think that all he's doing now relates to music.

He's touring worldwide, and writing new stuff at the same time.

In the Fanny Ardant film he's a pianist, he's writing or already wrote music for a film, which he already made for Kick Ass, which was not a blockbuster either.

He was a testimonial for Lozza, signed a belgian collection, but X Factor is a format dealing with music, he's not dealing with cooking, or other things, even though I would see him in a format dealing with fashion and style :mf_rosetinted:.

I really don't See the point. George Clooney or John Malkovich have to be less considered as actors because of their participation to Nespresso ads?

The problem is not Italy Miquette.....it could have been any other world :naughty:

I'm sure Uk fans would have turned mad if he had decided to be a judge at XFactor UK!

we are happy to have him in Italy and that he shows so much love for our country. Let's also add that in this moment finding someone who appreciates Italy is quite comforting. :blink:

But let's face it: it's not a high quality, high profile thing. And it will engage him for a long time, when we hoped he would tour or make new music. To be successful in Italy? wtf? it's not like being successful in the US, or in the UK, or even Germany. Our place in the music kingdom is equal to ...disneyland.

And italians are not exactly the richest people in the world now, ready to spend money on CDs or even gig tickets (and actually, we haven't got any Mika gig planned so far, have we).

So, even if we will never know the real reasons why of this decision, we can express our doubts and ideas.

I'm not going to give Mika up, but I would prefer him doing other things.

I still hope he'll give us more than a stupid fake show, maybe an intimate gig? :wub2:

Yeah, a very INTIMATE gig, this is what we can expect without the visibility a programme like XF can guarantee.

The same faces, the same front rows.

More time to write but for whom?

While people from X Factor are sold out in much bigger venues than Atlantico...

I just looked up the dates of last season to get a notion how much time he will spend there:

The judges auditions were held:

at 105 Stadium, Rimini, on 9 and 10 June 2012;

at Palazzetto dello Sport, Andria, on 16 and 17 June;

at Teatro Nazionale, Milan, on 23 and 24 June.

[…]

96 acts reached Bootcamp, which took place at the Teatro Nazionale in Milan over two days, on Thursday 28 and Friday 29 June

[…]

Judges' houses

"Home visits" was broadcast on 11 October. Ventura mentored the Boys in Costa Smeralda, assisted by vocal coach Paola Folli; Elio took the Girls at Villa Gaia, Robecco sul Naviglio, assisted by Alberto Tafuri; Morgan had the over 25s in Teatro Regio, Parma, with Gaetano Cappa, and Arisa had the Groups in Lake Como with Giuseppe Barbera.

But no dates were named here

[…]

Live show details

Week 1 (18 October 2012)

Week 2 (25 October 2012)

Week 3 (1 November)

Week 4 (8 November)

Week 5 (15 November)

Week 6 (22 November)

Week 7 (29 November)

Week 8 (6/7 December)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Factor_%28Italy_series_6%29

So we have some days in the pre-phase, an unknown time for mentoring before the life shows and a little bit less than 2 month for the live-phase were he needs to be there definitely.

Edited by DerMoment1608

Roberta: tu quoque??

Don't you think that artists like Elio or Morgan are part of the excellence of pop music? Although they are not known abroad, (and for years misunderstood even by us) we know their artistic value and their deep musical culture, classical and contemporary. Both were judges in our Xfactor, and maybe it's one of the reasons that pushes Mika to take their place. The quality of their work. I don't like this kind of program either, I approached Mika because he is deeper and more innovative and interesting than many others. And I've always look at pop music with a critical eye. But our Xfactor had some characters that have made it perhaps less popular but more valuable and quality, and Mika is the right contiuum.

:thumb_yello:

I don't think Mika knows both Morgan and Elio, but the production knows its job, and in those highlights of Mika judge was so clear that he would have represented the quality and a plus for the programme, being a judge for an entire Edition.

Anyway, it's music industry.

And Mika is not the rebel we want to figure out sometimes. He needs to be POPULAR. In his own way. Not a Grace Kelly, not a Freddy Mercury, just Mika.

I just looked up the dates of last season to get a notion how much time he will spend there:

So we have some days in the pre-phase, an unknown time for mentoring before the life shows and a little bit less than 2 month for the live-phase were he needs to be there definitely.

V good job!!!!!!!!

Precious news!

You See?

Just a couple of months, someone mentioned 6 months :doh:

He modelled for Paul Smith once before he even released his record. Once his music career took off he wasn't faffing around modelling clothes. He was too busy promoting his album and touring.

The Coca Cola bottle was for charity. The Tofu dolls were tied into his whole brand as an artist, the same as the artwork for his albums. Those projects were driven by Mika and shared with his fans. Not driven by some pop star factory and aimed at someone else's audience.

He had every opportunity in the world in 2007. He turned down Canadian Idol because he was busy concentrating on the US. Oh and because once upon a time he claimed to not support these types of shows because it was antithetical to his whole outlook on being a pop artist.

The first gig I went to there was no opening act. They just played this animation.

[YOUTUBE]-0qFDIAzvN8[/YOUTUBE]

THIS is what got people so excited about Mika in those days. He truly was the anti XFactor pop star.

Are you really sure that he could really choose this time?

After the so many copies left of TOOL?

V good job!!!!!!!!

Precious news!

You See?

Just a couple of months, someone mentioned 6 months :doh:

In a jobbing musicians terms (I assume we are still considering him a musical artist?) that is a great chunk of writing time that is being wasted. In that time he could have 1. written a good albums worth of songs, plus some songs for other artists, or 2. done a tour of at least 3 countries, (think about it, wouldn't you rather he be doing a beautiful acoustic tour in Italy?)

Instead of wasting his own awesome talent on this.

Why do ppl think he won't be able to write songs during this time? Perhaps there's smth i'm missing

I think a lot of time is taken with mentoring the contestants, so not a lot of time for doing your regular day job.

I'm not expecting to see any songs emerging from this time period.

Lets put it this way, in the UK, Gary Barlow isn't writing any songs for Take That or himself when he's on the show.

The problem is not Italy Miquette.....it could have been any other world :naughty:

I'm sure Uk fans would have turned mad if he had decided to be a judge at XFactor UK!

we are happy to have him in Italy and that he shows so much love for our country. Let's also add that in this moment finding someone who appreciates Italy is quite comforting. :blink:

But let's face it: it's not a high quality, high profile thing. And it will engage him for a long time, when we hoped he would tour or make new music. To be successful in Italy? wtf? it's not like being successful in the US, or in the UK, or even Germany. Our place in the music kingdom is equal to ...disneyland.

And italians are not exactly the richest people in the world now, ready to spend money on CDs or even gig tickets (and actually, we haven't got any Mika gig planned so far, have we).

So, even if we will never know the real reasons why of this decision, we can express our doubts and ideas.

I'm not going to give Mika up, but I would prefer him doing other things.

I still hope he'll give us more than a stupid fake show, maybe an intimate gig? :wub2:

I completely agree with you Roberta! :thumb_yello:

In a jobbing musicians terms (I assume we are still considering him a musical artist?) that is a great chunk of writing time that is being wasted. In that time he could have 1. written a good albums worth of songs, plus some songs for other artists, or 2. done a tour of at least 3 countries, (think about it, wouldn't you rather he be doing a beautiful acoustic tour in Italy?)

I'm mad about the idea of an acoustic gig, even before the NA intimate ones.

But it's possible he will, during these 2/3 months, even though the priority for me is being more famous in my country than he is right now, I'm tired to whistle GK to explain Who he is.

And regarding the writing time, it seems to me that when he recluded in a studio, not always he succeeded in writing stuff (but you studied more than I, for sure). He was on tour these months, and is planning to release new songs, right?

Edited by Valmont69

I think a lot of time is taken with mentoring the contestants, so not a lot of time for doing your regular day job.

I'm not expecting to see any songs emerging from this time period.

Lets put it this way, in the UK, Gary Barlow isn't writing any songs for Take That or himself when he's on the show.

Someone said in the other threads that other famous X Factor judges released new albums just after that experience, so you can never know.

And anyway it's like studying at university: personally when I studied, I was more productive when I had less time :naughty:

I'm mad about the idea of an acoustic gig, even before the NA intimate ones.

But it's possible he will, during these 2/3 months, even though the priority for me is being more famous in my country than he is right now, I'm tired to whistle GK to explain Who he is.

And regarding the writing time, it seems to me that when he recluded in a studio, not always he succeeded in writing stuff (but you studied more than I, for sure). He was on tour these months, and is planning to release new songs, right?

Like I said before, Gary Barlow, who judges on the UK version, does nothing else but the show when it's on. No writing, no gigs, just the show. That's how it goes. So I wouldn't expect any gigs while Mika is on there.

Edited by RAK1

Someone said in the other threads that other famous X Factor judges released new albums just after that experience, so you can never know.

And anyway it's like studying at university: personally when I studied, I was more productive when I had less time :naughty:

Jessie J, who judges on The Voice here, cancelled her UK tour because she was coming back on it. She has promised new music happening AFTER she has finished on it. But I don't think she means an instant album, I think she will be writing first.

Yeah, a very INTIMATE gig, this is what we can expect without the visibility a programme like XF can guarantee.

The same faces, the same front rows.

More time to write but for whom?

While people from X Factor are sold out in much bigger venues than Atlantico...

An intimate gig would not be "intimate" if done in a big venue ... be a judge to x factor in Italy does not mean more popularity in the rest of Europe, but only in Italy. This is what he really needs right now ? I don't think but I still have trust in him and I hope him know what he's doing

Absolutely yes Rose!:thumb_yello: I still remember with love the acoustic tour in 2009, Teatro Parenti in Milan and Sadler's Wells in London, beautiful show! :wub2: X Factor in Italy lasts only three months, I still hope that in 2014 Mika do still a few gig in Europe an intimate gig how that in NA or perhaps write new songs ...

I'm lying if I said that, however, doesn't make me pleasure to have Mika in my country and only two hours drive from where I live, don't fully agree with his choice, but I'm glad to see him back in TV in Italy and meet him in person in some times

Like I said before, Gary Barlow, who judges on the UK version, does nothing else but the show when it's on. No writing, no gigs, just the show. That's how it goes. So I wouldn't expect any gigs while Mika is on there.

exact! this is also my thoughts!

It'smewho mentionned that in the other thread... I know it was not easy for those 2 to combine LaVoix and touring/preparing an album but they did it:thumb_yello:

Exactly!!

Isn't he writing new stuff while touring worldwide?

I thought of that too. These past few months he's already written several songs that we know of while he's been touring/shooting vids/etc.

As for Gary Barlow, who's to say if he writes songs while he's doing the show? Who knows what he does if he doesnt like announce it :teehee: