MIKA @XFactor Italy 2013 as a judge!

robertina

My dear disappointed fans, be aware Mika is not killing anyone, he'll be in Italy only for two (maybe three) months and only for a bunch of days each time, that's all.

I promise you we do not kidnap him, we'll not make him play the mandolin or eat pizza all the time, or sing tenor arias. He'll not become a Mafia boss or a thief, we'll not impose him black mustaches or a flat cap.

We'll return him exactly as he's always been. Believe me friends,:flowers2: and do not worry.

p.s.

(:italia:)

Hahaha! Yes, you are right! There's no need to get mad! Mika still Mika! Maybe he changed a little but people change! I don't think that he's making something wrong.

Sorry for my English! You can correct. Actually, i'll be happy if you do it. I am trying to learn. I'm from Brazil.

Hahaha! Yes, you are right! There's no need to get mad! Mika still Mika! Maybe he changed a little but people change! I don't think that he's making something wrong.

Sorry for my English! You can correct. Actually, i'll be happy if you do it. I am trying to learn. I'm from Brazil.

:naughty:Miquette :thumb_yello: I got lost in conversation and did not get your quote, sorry! :doh: finally, you're right, we should not worry :wink2:

Natalia well said! :thumb_yello:

:huglove:

Why do ppl think he won't be able to write songs during this time? Perhaps there's smth i'm missing

I think a lot of time is taken with mentoring the contestants, so not a lot of time for doing your regular day job.

I'm not expecting to see any songs emerging from this time period.

Lets put it this way, in the UK, Gary Barlow isn't writing any songs for Take That or himself when he's on the show.

As he´s said many times he can´t write when he´s on tour aka busy. He writes at home. And unless he now decides he belongs to Milan, I doubt he is writing anything there.

Besides, a tour (a proper tour like Imaginarium Tour) needs time to be prepared. And I read somewhere that X Factor lasts 5 months. That´s half a year, my dears...

No time for writing, no time for touring, and what is worst NO ROOM FOR HIS OWN MUSIC IN THAT SHOW. Can´t you see it? What has that show to do with Mika´s creative mind? Is he going to write an album for some unknown italian newbie?

To be honest, and as I´ve said before, Mika doesn´t pay my mortgage, neither fills my fridge, so I´m sure I won´t die these months. Nevertheless, after his success in NA I really expected he decided to do the same over here... an acoustic tour in Europe... or Asia, or Africa... At least he´d be promoting HIS music and not only his (on the other hand) pretty face, which is basically what people defending he´ll be famous in Italy are claiming.

Can you tell me what a random viewer will know about Mika by watching X Factor??

Are the creators of X Factor starting any show with a Mika song? With a Mika interesting fact? Will they play Mika songs all the time?

No.

Anything you´ll get is a pretty faced guy in a flamboyant/exotic/colorful jacket matching his new designed loubis. Aka nothing to do with music.

Forgive me whilst I go cry in a corner. My football team lost yesterday.

It'smewho mentionned that in the other thread... I know it was not easy for those 2 to combine LaVoix and touring/preparing an album but they did it:thumb_yello:

Yes, but Mika doesn't seem to work that way, he has said he can't write when he's touring, so how when he has to mentor contestants, would he have time to focus on writing new songs for an album?

I thought of that too. These past few months he's already written several songs that we know of while he's been touring/shooting vids/etc.

As for Gary Barlow, who's to say if he writes songs while he's doing the show? Who knows what he does if he doesnt like announce it :teehee:

I follow Gary on Twitter, he is ALL about the show when he's on it. He writes when he's back on his downtime.

Yes, but Mika doesn't seem to work that way, he has said he can't write when he's touring, so how when he has to mentor contestants, would he have time to focus on writing new songs for an album?

He also said that he had to write alone and he proved otherwise after, no?

He did, but he is going to have his hands full with this, so most likely won't have time to sit down and whip out songs.

He did, but he is going to have his hands full with this, so most likely won't have time to sit down and whip out songs.

After all this discussion, I get the feeling that MIKA has signed a contract about the release of a new album, with his fans - and not his record company! :naughty: Why should we even bother ?! His working schedule is really none of our business, imo :teehee::aah:

Love,love

me

After all this discussion, I get the feeling that MIKA has signed a contract about the release of a new album, with his fans - and not his record company! :naughty: Why should we even bother ?! His working schedule is really none of our business, imo :teehee::aah:

Love,love

me

Maybe so, but remember you said that next year if no album or any new music comes out. People will no doubt complain.:wink2:

Maybe so, but remember you said that next year if no album or any new music comes out. People will no doubt complain.:wink2:

I will not complain - as told before, I'm a very patient fan :blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

Love,love

me

We bother because we do not want him to be forgotten outside of Italy.

Guess only future will tell:thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello::naughty::hi5::clap: ....in other words, i agree!

People are mking all these definite statements about what he'll be able to do while recording the show and how it will effect his career and that kind of thing but really no one can say for sure. it kind of depresses me that some of his fans have so little faith in him :huh:

We bother because we do not want him to be forgotten outside of Italy.

I don't think he will be forgotten just because of these few months in Italy - it's not that dramatic, imo :wink2: MIKA will take his time with making new music, as he always has done ...

Love,love

me

People are mking all these definite statements about what he'll be able to do while recording the show and how it will effect his career and that kind of thing but really no one can say for sure. it kind of depresses me that some of his fans have so little faith in him :huh:

I'm sorry but if I may speak for myself and Rose for example, we've always had faith in him. Thing is, now we look beyond the short term and chances are big there will be negative consequences. Not for Italy though so I see why Italians are happy. As for the rest of us, not so good news. But once again, that is my opinion and the opinion of many others who have been around from the start. There is a reason we think this.

I don't think he will be forgotten just because of these few months in Italy - it's not that dramatic, imo :wink2: MIKA will take his time with making new music, as he always has done ...

Love,love

me

That's what I've always thought, they're only few months, not years!! Plus I think that with his personality ha can really improve the quality of this show! ;)

I am equally depressed that people have such low expectations of him that they don't see a problem with Mika taking the principles that he built his career on and dumping them in the trash.

Sadder still is what I hear from former hardcore fans whose expectations of Mika hit rock bottom a long time ago so they are no longer surprised nor do they care if he sells out to XFactor. In fact they don't care about anything he does anymore.

Which is why, I'm afraid, that I know exactly where this is leading. We have been down this road before. We have been down this road for half of Mika's career.

X Factor is not the end of the world to me. The truth is the world that Mika and his fans built 6 years ago died a long time ago. I have been hanging on hoping that it was going to change but it's not changing. Mika messing around on side projects and focusing on one country to the exclusion of all others is what exacerbated his lack of success in the UK and US (and all the countries that look to them for pop culture) and more of the same is not going to fix the problem.

Mika will not work on an English album while he's on the show. He has not even said he plans to. This is sheer fantasy. Myself, Ingie, Rose et al have been following Mika's every move for 6 years. We've seen it all. You can believe whatever you want but you can't tell us what we should believe because we have valid reasons and a long history to base our beliefs on. Mika has not worked on songs for his new album yet. The songs at the gigs are old and/or he has no intention of using them. He said so himself. He has never written while he's touring and there's no reason to believe he ever will. Every time he finishes an album he lies to the press about going straight back to work and 18 months later the truth comes out when he reveals he's just started. He's obviously not working on songs now. He is way too busy with other things and has only produced old songs and something Doriand emailed him to sing at the gigs.

I'm sorry. I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade. My expectations of Mika are likely higher than yours for many many different reasons. If you are content to follow him on XFactor and whatever that is great for you. But I put too much time, money and effort into this Mika thing on a daily basis to want to continue with it under the circumstances. It's too much to devote to someone who spends such a huge chunk of their time focusing on things that have nothing to do with why I care about him and his work. This is my issue. I am an all or nothing person. I can't just drop in every couple of weeks to see what Mika's up to. If I stop following him I'll stop caring. Just like all the other former hardcore fans I know have.

Everyone has their own expectations, their own commitment level, their own limits. I am not telling anyone else what they have to believe or think or do and I expect the same courtesy in return.

When you follow one or two of the judges from the show in other places, you see the pattern forming of how things go on it. So it's not some pie in the sky theory we pull out of the air, it's how it goes on the show. They don't have the time for other pursuits while they are on it.

If they manage to get a bunch of songs together before they settle into it, then yes, you may see an album appear shortly after, but it's not because they are writing while they are on it.

And i'm tired of these accusations of having no faith in him!

I have been a fan since the very beginning, I have defended him about many many things, I probably have more faith in him than anyone here!

I think I have earned the right to be a little disappointed about something I feel may not be a great move for him.

I will still be here in another 6 years, will some of you?!!!

Edited by RAK1

Exactly,I think no one can tell for sure what Mika will do,with or without this XF thing.No one can say for sure if his career is over or not because of this step,or if he's doing this for money,or for fun,or whatever else.And who can tell for sure that if he wasn't going to XF,he would be released an album or touring some countries? It's all speculations,and it's so much drama for a few months,as if it's the end of the world.I think no one is very excited about this news,but if he decided to do it,that is,it's his life,his career,he can manage it! Why should we be concerned and trying to save him against his will? We have a say here: you can't have love by force :dunno: Anyway,I won't spend my life crying and cutting myself because of that! This experience can end on two options:good or bad.Time will tell....

Love,love

me

My thoughts exactly :thumb_yello:

When a dinosaur like me who has stayed away from the forum for so long (and I mean, FOR SO LONG) and I feel like I need to write in here it's because something is up...And it's not good.

I don't care how you want to paint it, I don't care about your excuses...I've been out of this fan machinery but I DO STILL CARE about the man, the artist and his music and I've been supporting him for longer than some of you are claiming to be (not bragging, not trying to do it. It's just the truth)

Just because you defend his every move you won't get closer, or more respected. He probably doesn't even care.

I don't think I will reply. Not sure if I will log in again anytime soon. But I wanted to support my fellow long time fans AND FRIENDS who saw and smelt the **** when it arrived and believe me, the **** is here, things have changed A LOT, and not in a good way.

And now the dinosaur is back to her cave. Enjoy the crap while it lasts. Life is nice outside!! ;)

When a dinosaur like me who has stayed away from the forum for so long (and I mean, FOR SO LONG) and I feel like I need to write in here it's because something is up...And it's not good.

I don't care how you want to paint it, I don't care about your excuses...I've been out of this fan machinery but I DO STILL CARE about the man, the artist and his music and I've been supporting him for longer than some of you are claiming to be (not bragging, not trying to do it. It's just the truth)

Just because you defend his every move you won't get closer, or more respected. He probably doesn't even care.

I don't think I will reply. Not sure if I will log in again anytime soon. But I wanted to support my fellow long time fans AND FRIENDS who saw and smelt the **** when it arrived and believe me, the **** is here, things have changed A LOT, and not in a good way.

And now the dinosaur is back to her cave. Enjoy the crap while it lasts. Life is nice outside!! ;)

:bye::huglove:

Yo beyotch!!!! :huglove: