MIKA @XFactor Italy 2013 as a judge!

robertina

When a dinosaur like me who has stayed away from the forum for so long (and I mean, FOR SO LONG) and I feel like I need to write in here it's because something is up...And it's not good.

I don't care how you want to paint it, I don't care about your excuses...I've been out of this fan machinery but I DO STILL CARE about the man, the artist and his music and I've been supporting him for longer than some of you are claiming to be (not bragging, not trying to do it. It's just the truth)

Just because you defend his every move you won't get closer, or more respected. He probably doesn't even care.

I don't think I will reply. Not sure if I will log in again anytime soon. But I wanted to support my fellow long time fans AND FRIENDS who saw and smelt the **** when it arrived and believe me, the **** is here, things have changed A LOT, and not in a good way.

And now the dinosaur is back to her cave. Enjoy the crap while it lasts. Life is nice outside!! ;)

:shocked: i know this dinausaur!! nice to see you again :huglove:

i'm not sure why people think we are trying to save Mika, when he isn't ours to save. It's not a matter of not "liking Mika" is a matter of not agreeing with his career move. point final.

We are just discussing if we think it's a good move or not.

i'm still not sure why the band had to change & if that was a good move :naughty: They are all good musicians but i don't see why anything had to be changed for the new album. if it was for "personal reasons" then sure... but for the new direction of the album? :dunno:

When a dinosaur like me who has stayed away from the forum for so long (and I mean, FOR SO LONG) and I feel like I need to write in here it's because something is up...And it's not good.

I don't care how you want to paint it, I don't care about your excuses...I've been out of this fan machinery but I DO STILL CARE about the man, the artist and his music and I've been supporting him for longer than some of you are claiming to be (not bragging, not trying to do it. It's just the truth)

Just because you defend his every move you won't get closer, or more respected. He probably doesn't even care.

I don't think I will reply. Not sure if I will log in again anytime soon. But I wanted to support my fellow long time fans AND FRIENDS who saw and smelt the **** when it arrived and believe me, the **** is here, things have changed A LOT, and not in a good way.

And now the dinosaur is back to her cave. Enjoy the crap while it lasts. Life is nice outside!! ;)

tumblr_mhhpyiDwxy1s29y53o1_400.gif

I don't think any fan, being active here, tries to get close to MIKA - I assume his fans are far more intelligent than that!! :aah: But people have different opinions, and should be allowed to present it here :fisch: But there are things I really don't understand: When MIKA once told that he couldn't stand X-factor, and shows alike - was that a lifelong opinion which he has to repeat, and stand for!?:shocked: So he has no right to change his mind? - I think it's normal, and everybody does, from time to time :blush-anim-cl: I also have read here several times that some fans think he lies about things :shocked: Why should his earlier opinions about TV shows etc. suddenly be so deadly serious - that he should be nailed forever? :teehee::naughty:

Love,love

me

I don't think any fan, being active here, tries to get close to MIKA - I assume his fans are far more intelligent than that!! :aah: But people have different opinions, and should be allowed to present it here :fisch: But there are things I really don't understand: When MIKA once told that he couldn't stand X-factor, and shows alike - was that a lifelong opinion which he has to repeat, and stand for!?:shocked: So he has no right to change his mind? - I think it's normal, and everybody does, from time to time :blush-anim-cl: I also have read here several times that some fans think he lies about things :shocked: Why should his earlier opinions about TV shows etc. suddenly be so deadly serious - that he should be nailed forever? :teehee::naughty:

Love,love

me

So you're saying he should throw away his principals, and musical integrity, which got him noticed in the first place, and join the ranks of the bland, unimaginative, creatively dead pop scene that is sucking the life out of music today?

If Mozart were around today, he would be appalled!

He was a true rebel of his time, just like Mika was back in 2007, and he stuck to his guns, no matter who tried to silence his music.

He wouldn't be seen dead on a show like X Craptor!

I kind of hoped Mika was the same, he came on the music scene with so much freshness and promise, blew all the blandness away.

But now it seems to be sucking him in.

Sorry but I can't accept that, and I will do everything I can to let him know that there are people here that think more of him than that, that he IS better than that.

And if that upsets people here, then I'm sorry, but I WILL NOT STOP!!!

Edited by RAK1

So you're saying he should throw away his principals, and musical integrity, which got him noticed in the first place, and join the ranks of the bland, unimaginative, creatively dead pop scene that is sucking the life out of music today?

If Mozart were around today, he would be appalled!

He was a true rebel of his time, just like Mika was back in 2007, and he stuck to his guns, no matter who tried to silence his music.

He wouldn't be seen dead on a show like X Craptor!

I kind of hoped Mika was the same, he came on the music scene with so much freshness and promise, blew all the blandness away.

But now it seems to be sucking him in.

Sorry but I can't accept that, and I will do everything I can to let him know that there are people here that think more of him than that, that he IS better than that.

And if that upsets people here, then I'm sorry, but I WILL NOT STOP!!!

I don't say or advise anything, I you think so, you're twisting it! But everybody who has been following him from the beginning, knows about his talent, skill and quality - he has proved it so many times during the last 6 years, and that might also be a reason why he now wants to do so many different things - he's not insecure anymore, and feels free to do whatever - even more than earlier:blush-anim-cl: Nobody can prevent him from normal changing - how much we should like to keep his freshness from 2007 alive :wub2: And I'm not upset about it at all, but there are obviously others who are ...

Love,love

me

Love,love

me

tumblr_m0sjyvTvmD1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

I don't say or advise anything, I you think so, you're twisting it! But everybody who has been following him from the beginning, knows about his talent, skill and quality - he has proved it so many times during the last 6 years, and that might also be a reason why he now wants to do so many different things - he's not insecure anymore, and feels free to do whatever - even more than earlier:blush-anim-cl: Nobody can prevent him from normal changing - how much we should like to keep his freshness from 2007 alive :wub2: And I'm not upset about it at all, but there are obviously others who are ...

Love,love

me

I have no problem with some change, it's a total 180 turn I have issue with!

Throwing in with the dire music scene he kicked off against in the first place is what bothers me. He can do changes, not just give in and let them suck him in is what bothers me.

I can't believe anyone here wants him to do that.

If that's your bag, go follow 1D, Beiber and the like, but keep away from Mika!

I have no problem with some change, it's a total 180 turn I have issue with!

Throwing in with the dire music scene he kicked off against in the first place is what bothers me. He can do changes, not just give in and let them suck him in is what bothers me.

I can't believe anyone here wants him to do that.

If that's your bag, go follow 1D, Beiber and the like, but keep away from Mika!

I only follow quality artists, always have done - that's why I've been stuck with MIKA from the day I found him, 09.03.07 - and I don't intend to change it :blush-anim-cl: But I have no problem with tolerating that he wants to try out new things , added to writing music, recording and performing:wink2: I'd rather see it as a healthy signal, than go crazy about it:naughty: I'm very sure that "our golden boy" will keep on giving us quality music, and excellent live performances, in the future:blush-anim-cl: Didn't he prove it with his intimate NA tour this month ?! :wub2:

Love,love

me

I only follow quality artists, always have done - that's why I've been stuck with MIKA from the day I found him, 09.03.07 - and I don't intend to change it :blush-anim-cl: But I have no problem with tolerating that he wants to try out new things , added to writing music, recording and performing:wink2: I'd rather see it as a healthy signal, than go crazy about it:naughty: I'm very sure that "our golden boy" will keep on giving us quality music, and excellent live performances, in the future:blush-anim-cl: Didn't he prove it with his intimate NA tour this month ?! :wub2:

Love,love

me

We will see.

I don't trust the influence of that show.

That's what I've always thought, they're only few months, not years!! Plus I think that with his personality ha can really improve the quality of this show! ;)

That's my point! Mika will not change your way in this TV show!

I agree that everybody is free to have your opinion, but we can't forget that Mika is human, like us. He can bleed. He's not our toy! He make your own decisions and we don't have the right to say that he is selling yourself. He probably will read our comments and get sad.

Again, sorry for my English! Please, correct if i made some mistake.

Edited by natalia_recos
i forgot coment something

This thread makes me so sad. :sad: I don't agree with his decision but we can't do anything so I'll wait as I always did. It's only a few months... I won't yell at him my disagreement because he don't care and I don't get why I should stop to follow him because of his decision. :dunno: We don't even know why he did it, maybe he just didn't have de choice. Or maybe he had good reasons. In one year from now, I'll still be a Mikafan because I love his music and I wish he'll come back to Montreal this summer or next year. And buy his next album in 2.. 3... or 4 years. If he even release a new album. Not because I'm licking his boots, because I love his music.

Mika is the ultimate artist, his mind is very fertile, and writing songs and touring isn't clearly enough for him; he needs to explore, express his creativity in different ways, he constantly needs to deal with new experiences and challenges, to interact with other artists, in order to feel alive, not to get bored and to have fun.

His music reflects his complex personality, his eventful life and his sensitive soul; if he was different, his music would be different as well, and we probably wouldn't love it as much as we do.

I don't think it's all about money, he must have seen XFactor as an opportunity, which could open the door to collaborations, new music and who knows what else? One thing leads to another.

I'm not a fan of the program, but to me the Italian edition (I don't know about the other ones) doesn't belong to trash TV: the judges are usually successful and respected artists.

Mika has been a brilliant judge so far and the public will be able to get to know him better as an artist and as a person.

We can't really know, what the best thing for him and/or his career is, most probably it's what he chooses and needs.

He'll certainly tell us about this adventure of his in a few interviews.

Edited by mari62

I was going to post something here again but I am tired of having to defend myself. I still love Mika. I still love his music and I am not going to stop loving his music because of this. But I still think it is strange that we are not allowed to express our disbelief whilst I think I made my point with quite a few valid arguments.

But if this is what MFC has to be, if we are not allowed to express that we do not agree with something Mika says or does, then this is not where I belong anymore. Years ago we were allowed to have different opinions without people saying: IT IS MIKA'S CHOICE SO WE MUST RESPECT AND TRUST HIM. Back then people had arguments for their beliefs whether it was in favour or against a decision Mika made. I have now only heard: "We don't know how it will turn out." "Mika is old enough to decide for himself." Those are not valid arguments. He is not perfect, he is not a saint, but if nobody is going to tell him that they disagree with him, what kind of culture does that create?

Last December, after the Brussels gig I told my friend who was going to Munich to please tell him to never change. He did. He told Mika that we wanted him to stay true to himself. To not change. He promised he wouldn't. And I still believe that he is the same sweet and mischievous Mika. He just strayed too far from his roots and that means he is alienating so many people who have been there from the beginning. You can say we are all wrong to think this, but are we really? If so many people think this, don't you think that there is a truth to it? Now honestly, we have respected your opinion to be happy about it and have given our arguments why we are so against it. Is it then far to say we are no longer his fans? Because if 'being a fan' means that I am not allowed to express my own opinion when it's not favourable for Mika, then I am not a fan no.

I still care about Mika. I think I care too much even. I've experienced so many great moments with him and he has given me so many opportunities. I want him to do well. I think he deserves all the success he can get. I don't mind him becoming famous in Italy. But because I want him to be successful I am worried about this because I don't think this is the right way to do it. I am not saying this just to have something bad to say. I am saying this because I actually give a sh*t about how he's doing. And yes we will have to wait and see and I do hope this will become a success. I just won't be watching.

Mika is the ultimate artist, his mind is very fertile, and writing songs and touring isn't clearly enough for him; he needs to explore, express his creativity in different ways, he constantly needs to deal with new experiences and challenges, to interact with other artists, in order to feel alive, not to get bored and to have fun.

His music reflects his complex personality, his eventful life and his sensitive soul; if he was different, his music would be different as well, and we probably wouldn't love it as much as we do.

I don't think it's all about money, he must have seen XFactor as an opportunity, which could open the door to collaborations, new music and who knows what else? One thing leads to another.

I'm not a fan of the program, but to me the Italian edition (I don't know about the other ones) doesn't belong to trash TV: the judges are usually successful and respected artists.

Mika has been a brilliant judge so far and the public will be able to get to know him better as an artist and as a person.

We can't really know, what the best thing for him and/or his career is, most probably it's what he chooses and needs.

He'll certainly tell us about this adventure of his in a few interviews.

Well said - totally agree ! :thumb_yello: And yes, we'll soon get to know why - I fully trust him, and will continue to follow him with excitement :wub2:

Love,love

me

This insistence that we have to wait and see is ridiculous. I've been waiting longer than most of you have been fans, certainly longer than you've been members. I am not investing another 3 or 4 years in my time effort and money in the hope of a new album or tour. If you want to do that or if in fact you enjoy all the things that Mika will do in the meantime that is great for you. It's not for me. I've kept the faith for long enough and I really enjoyed the album and really enjoyed the tour. But that's over now and there's every indication he is not going to do that again any time in the foreseeable future.

I saw a snarky comment on Twitter last night about people being upset about Mika doing something they don't like for 3 months but this is utter nonsense. It's clear that Mika's time is booked up for the rest of the year with festivals and this TV show. Am I thrilled he hasn't gone into hiding? No. First of all this show has nothing to do with me. I can't watch it and I don't want to. Secondly it just means his hiding period has been put off for months. He's not going to come back in January 2014 with a new English album and tour. That is wild fantasy.

Could I be wrong about that? Maybe but I am going to err on the side of sanity. If Mika comes back sooner than expected I'll rejoice along with everyone else. If he doesn't I will save myself years of disappointment and wasted efforts. It's a win win IMO.

I honestly wish Mika every success and happiness in the world. I love him on a personal level and if he needs to move to Tibet and live in a monastary for the rest of his life so be it. He owes me nothing.

But by the same token I don't owe him a lifetime of blind support. I am simply not happy spending so much time supporting someone whose career and principles have gone so far off the track he started on. And anyone who puts the happiness of a popstar over their own is out of their minds

This insistence that we have to wait and see is ridiculous. I've been waiting longer than most of you have been fans, certainly longer than you've been members. I am not investing another 3 or 4 years in my time effort and money in the hope of a new album or tour. If you want to do that or if in fact you enjoy all the things that Mika will do in the meantime that is great for you. It's not for me. I've kept the faith for long enough and I really enjoyed the album and really enjoyed the tour. But that's over now and there's every indication he is not going to do that again any time in the foreseeable future.

I saw a snarky comment on Twitter last night about people being upset about Mika doing something they don't like for 3 months but this is utter nonsense. It's clear that Mika's time is booked up for the rest of the year with festivals and this TV show. Am I thrilled he hasn't gone into hiding? No. First of all this show has nothing to do with me. I can't watch it and I don't want to. Secondly it just means his hiding period has been put off for months. He's not going to come back in January 2014 with a new English album and tour. That is wild fantasy.

Could I be wrong about that? Maybe but I am going to err on the side of sanity. If Mika comes back sooner than expected I'll rejoice along with everyone else. If he doesn't I will save myself years of disappointment and wasted efforts. It's a win win IMO.

I honestly wish Mika every success and happiness in the world. I love him on a personal level and if he needs to move to Tibet and live in a monastary for the rest of his life so be it. He owes me nothing.

But by the same token I don't owe him a lifetime of blind support. I am simply not happy spending so much time supporting someone whose career and principles have gone so far off the track he started on. And anyone who puts the happiness of a popstar over their own is out of their minds

This is for Italy and a kind of racism against our culture, or just because he will do xfactor, in general?

No, I would like to know what to answer and how.

Or, if I have to give an answer...

This is for Italy and a kind of racism against our culture, or just because he will do xfactor, in general?

What are you talking about?? I said nothing about Italy at all in my post. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to trolls on here. :blink:

I am also unhappy with the X factor thing but I understand and would rather wait, this is no ridiculous :mf_rosetinted:

I think we could be respected for that, too, isn't it?!

I understand his reasons, though hard, not everyone has the same opinion :wink2:

This has nothing to do with Italy as mentioned a million times before.

What I would like to know is how the numbers of years of being a fan is that relevant in the discussion...

Because it's been said repeatedly that we need to just wait and see. I don't feel the need to wait any longer because I've been around long enough. If people don't agree with my point of view then don't agree. But don't tell others what they must and mustn't do.