MIKA @XFactor Italy 2013 as a judge!

robertina

I am also unhappy with the X factor thing but I understand and would rather wait, this is no ridiculous :mf_rosetinted:

I think we could be respected for that, too, isn't it?!

Yes if you are happy doing that, of course.

I waited around when many others were leaving over the past couple of years. As I said earlier we all have our own expectations and limits.

People are free to do whatever they want.

This is for Italy and a kind of racism against our culture, or just because he will do xfactor, in general?

No, I would like to know what to answer and how.

Or, if I have to give an answer...

Oh no Miquette, Chris was not in this way, please re-read the post, there is NO racism in comment :wink2:

Because it's been said repeatedly that we need to just wait and see. I don't feel the need to wait any longer because I've been around long enough. If people don't agree with my point of view then don't agree. But don't tell others what they must and mustn't do.

I have always respect everyone's opinion... And have every intention of doing so again...

As long as his music makes me feel good, alive and happy, I'll keep up with and support him.

He's still helping, inspiring and giving strength to me through his music/shows/choices/personality/words.

That's what really matters to me.

And yes we will have to wait and see and I do hope this will become a success. I just won't be watching.

I honestly wish Mika every success and happiness in the world. I love him on a personal level and if he needs to move to Tibet and live in a monastary for the rest of his life so be it. He owes me nothing.

But by the same token I don't owe him a lifetime of blind support. I am simply not happy spending so much time supporting someone whose career and principles have gone so far off the track he started on. And anyone who puts the happiness of a popstar over their own is out of their minds

I totally understand where both of you are coming from, and yes, Ingie i do find this whole 'we must respect and trust him' irregardless of what he does a total line of cr*p..for me that dates back to the whole band thing - i have no idea why mika did what he did and my opinion didn't matter in any case but I felt the way things were done were distasteful. Maybe i was wrong ( and indeed tweets frm ex-band members sounds like everything was maybe very amicable) but i had an opinion and disagreement and telling me i should 'trust in mika' did nothing but irk me..:sneaky2:

I'm sorry this might mean the end of the line for you Christine :( but if I was in your place i'd prolly do the same.

I saw one of your tweets was about how sad it is that new fans are satisfied with so many distractions but you have to realise it's basically all we know! :aah: When I became a fan Mika was in hiding and all I had to do was chat with MFCers..having a sighting of him at some awards show was big news! much less a gig! So all these little projects are the norm and we don't know any better :aah:

None of this excuses anything or invalidates any other expectation, it's just that for us the norm and expectations are different.

In any case - about this XFactor thing i wish him the best, I won't be watching though..wake me up early next year..I have loads more years to put in so I can be patient.. (i hope :teehee:)

I totally understand where both of you are coming from, and yes, Ingie i do find this whole 'we must respect and trust him' irregardless of what he does a total line of cr*p..for me that dates back to the whole band thing - i have no idea why mika did what he did and my opinion didn't matter in any case but I felt the way things were done were distasteful. Maybe i was wrong ( and indeed tweets frm ex-band members sounds like everything was maybe very amicable) but i had an opinion and disagreement and telling me i should 'trust in mika' did nothing but irk me..:sneaky2:

I'm sorry this might mean the end of the line for you Christine :( but if I was in your place i'd prolly do the same.

I saw one of your tweets was about how sad it is that new fans are satisfied with so many distractions but you have to realise it's basically all we know! :aah: When I became a fan Mika was in hiding and all I had to do was chat with MFCers..having a sighting of him at some awards show was big news! much less a gig! So all these little projects are the norm and we don't know any better :aah:

None of this excuses anything or invalidates any other expectation, it's just that for us the norm and expectations are different.

In any case - about this XFactor thing i wish him the best, I won't be watching though..wake me up early next year..I have loads more years to put in so I can be patient.. (i hope :teehee:)

I love you:huglove:

I don't voice my opinion that often around here or even in real life, but I need to say I agree with the likes of Rose, Christine, Ingie, Yuna and so many others. I may not have been around for as long as them but I realise we feel the same way about this. It's just all so different from the Mika I thought I knew and that I love. Maybe it's a problem of perception, because we all like him like we want him to be in a way, or maybe it's a problem of expectations indeed. One thing for sure is that I never expected him to take such a role. Performing on these shows was already borderline for me.

And I don't get why people are saying this is against Italy. It could have been in France, UK or Peru I would still feel the same. Something has definitely changed for me these last 2 days.

Yes if you are happy doing that, of course.

I waited around when many others were leaving over the past couple of years. As I said earlier we all have our own expectations and limits.

People are free to do whatever they want.

Chris :thumb_yello: I respect everyone's opinion here, I personally do not push anyone to do this or that, who does not want to wait and watch not wait, whoever wants to do it, do it! Simple as that :wink2:

Just to joke: How hard is being a fan sometimes :teehee:

I don't voice my opinion that often around here or even in real life, but I need to say I agree with the likes of Rose, Christine, Ingie, Yuna and so many others. I may not have been around for as long as them but I realise we feel the same way about this. It's just all so different from the Mika I thought I knew and that I love. Maybe it's a problem of perception, because we all like him like we want him to be in a way, or maybe it's a problem of expectations indeed. One thing for sure is that I never expected him to take such a role. Performing on these shows was already borderline for me.

And I don't get why people are saying this is against Italy. It could have been in France, UK or Peru I would still feel the same. Something has definitely changed for me these last 2 days.

I guess as time goes by we will have to come to terms with it. It just makes me sad that we are being portrayed as the evil people just because of this all. And no, not necessarily on the MFC.

I have said this many times, but really, I am done now. This is draining too much energy and I can't believe that some people are so short-sighted that they can't see that we actually want the best for Mika.

I want to tell you something. When the most beloved of the judges of xfactor in Italy, has decided to come to this show, all of his fan club protested and he felt betrayed, just as it does here. His name is Morgan and it really is an excellent musician, at that time he was underground and intellectual. Now he has become the favorite of the fans of Xfactor. In this xfactor, Mika will take its place, and all the new fans, and older also, they are very angry!

So I spend my time arguing with a lot of Italians angry about the new arrival, and when I get here, I have to spend time arguing not only because most of you would not that happY abought Xfactor, but you also see Italy (..which does not wants him so much) as well as a poor expedient .. In fact, I begin to think that perhaps, to please everyone, Mika would be better at home .. with my great sadness!

I took the time to read most of the comments on this thread, and I must say I totally agree with Ingie and Christine!

It has got nothing to do with "just wait a few months and he'll be back", it is because of whàt he is going to do!

Not the Mika I knew...

And now I am going to listen to Grace Kelly, for obvious reason:teehee:

I want to tell you something. When the most beloved of the judges of xfactor in Italy, has decided to come to this show, all of his fan club protested and he felt betrayed, just as it does here. His name is Morgan and it really is an excellent musician, at that time he was underground and intellectual. Now he has become the favorite of the fans of Xfactor. In this xfactor, Mika will take its place, and all the new fans, and older also, they are very angry!

So I spend my time arguing with a lot of Italians angry about the new arrival, and when I get here, I have to spend time arguing not only because most of you would not that happY abought Xfactor, but you also see Italy (..which does not wants him so much) as well as a poor expedient .. In fact, I begin to think that perhaps, to please everyone, Mika would be better at home .. with my great sadness!

Once again, this has nothing to do with Italy.:doh:

Once again, this has nothing to do with Italy.:doh:

yes, but I assure you that I read even by the Italians present above. And maybe I have some difficulty reading English, not Italian .. however, the problem remains the same .. and I laugh, because I do not know where to take refuge ..

This thread makes me verry sad and emotional... (Too emotional in fact, I think the fact that I'm having a stressful week at work doesn't help... anyway)

I wont quote anyone but can I just say that as far as everything I read in this thread, no-one asked anyone to justify their opinion.

Are those upset with this X-Factor thing bad fans because of their disagreement?

Of course not!

Are those deciding to wait or happy about it bad fans because they are «licking Mika's boots» or not caring of whatever other reason?

Of course not!

This being a debate based on emotions (strong ones at that), like every debate based on emotions, we will never have a consensus. But we can still discuss it, as long as no-one is feeling the need to justify how they feel. People saying «we should wait and see» are just expressing their opinion, same as those not wanting to wait and explaining why...

Does the number of years of being a fan is relevant in this discussion? The only relevance I see is that it will without a doupt affect people's opinions (same thing for where they live, their age, their life experiences, etc.)

One other thing, we have to remember that for most of us English is not our first language, so misunderstandings are bound to happen, it has nothing to do with trolling or anything.

Anyway ... I'll go relax now I'm way too stressed out

This thread makes me verry sad and emotional... (Too emotional in fact, I think the fact that I'm having a stressful week at work doesn't help... anyway)

I wont quote anyone but can I just say that as far as everything I read in this thread, no-one asked anyone to justify their opinion.

Are those upset with this X-Factor thing bad fans because of their disagreement?

Of course not!

Are those deciding to wait or happy about it bad fans because they are «licking Mika's boots» or not caring of whatever other reason?

Of course not!

This being a debate based on emotions (strong ones at that), like every debate based on emotions, we will never have a consensus. But we can still discuss it, as long as no-one is feeling the need to justify how they feel. People saying «we should wait and see» are just expressing their opinion, same as those not wanting to wait and explaining why...

Does the number of years of being a fan is relevant in this discussion? The only relevance I see is that it will without a doupt affect people's opinions (same thing for where they live, their age, their life experiences, etc.)

One other thing, we have to remember that for most of us English is not our first language, so misunderstandings are bound to happen, it has nothing to do with trolling or anything.

We have the same feeling. Thank you. :huglove:

Of course not!

Of course not!

well said :thumb_yello:

btw i hope your week gets better :hug:

I guess as time goes by we will have to come to terms with it. It just makes me sad that we are being portrayed as the evil people just because of this all. And no, not necessarily on the MFC.

Right... just checked twitter and now understand a bit better where at least some of the frustrations in this thread come from, especially considering that there's probably more going on behind the scenes. Ladies, I'm sorry the trolls are after you right now. None of you deserve that, and I do hope they will get tired of it soon.

One thing though: this is not about 2007 fans vs the rest, or any other group vs the rest. I'm obviously 'with' the 2007 gang here, and although I was listening to LICM a lot at the time, I never even bothered to google the guy singing it until 5 years later.

I've only been living in Mikaworld for about a year now, and I'm still confused at how disappointed I am over this. After all, I was here for the music, so why should I even care about the other stuff he does? Mika's music has been giving me strength and joy over the years, without knowing anything about the person behind the music, so why does this bother me now? Of course I know the answer, and I understand why Christine is so fed up with it (him). I'm sadder about the way people are attacking each other in this thread though, and the way we're all making each other feel here. That's not necessary, as Zimwana has expressed beautifully.

We bother because we do not want him to be forgotten outside of Italy.

He wont be forget outside Italy for 3 months of xfactor :wink2:

---

Feels like for some of you Mika is only a music creator....not a person...like a jukebox that MUST play music all the time...CD after CD...gig after gig, no distractions, nothing else.

I LOVE Mika's music....I NEED it but I dont think that Mika should do ONLY music all the time.

I think that as person, even more as a creative one like he is, should be involved in different things to breath and dont feel too stressed out about writing.

Also I think that IF TOOL didnt have the success it deserved maybe Mika wants to have time to find inspiration.

As usual...IMO

And...for the record...I'm a long term fan too not a newbie.

Edited by Sarina

Of course not!

Of course not!

Tanks, but I am big and strong, and I alwais know what I say and why.. even if my English is not so good. I'm realy to old to play a trolling game. So I don't mind if someone tell me that, it does not belong to me :)

Thank you anyway, from the bottom of heart :huglove:

He wont be forget outside Italy for 3 months of xfactor :wink2:

---

Feels like for some of you Mika is only a music creator....not a person...like a jukebox that MUST play music all the time...CD after CD...gig after gig, no distractions, nothing else.

I LOVE Mika's music....I NEED it but I dont think that Mika should do ONLY music all the time.

I think that as person, even more as a creative one like he is, should be involved in different things to breath and dont feel too stressed out about writing.

Also I think that IF TOOL didnt have the success it deserved maybe Mika wants to have time to find inspiration.

As usual...IMO

You are so wrong. Past gigs I've been to I have got to know him so much better on a personal level and he is more to me than a popstar. And because I know what a wonderful, amazing and talented person he is, I so want him to focus on his own craft. If that makes me a bad person then so be it. I am sure he will do fine as a judge. I just know he is worth more than to just appear on a talent show. I love him as a person and I get along with him and I care about him. I'd rather have him go in hiding than to do X-factor.

I don't want to fight anymore. Sick of this bullsh*tt. I will just focus on his music as it is what makes me happy.

Oh but i do think 2007 fans see things differently.

Everything you read, we lived it, experienced it. So it's normal that we may see things differently. It's not because we are better, but because of the path we followed.

i think Nas hit it on the head when she said she's never known anything different since she became a fan.

He may do well with this show, i don't know... but it's not a career move i like (not that it makes a difference:teehee:). I just don't like the show. :naughty:

Again, nothing about Italy, it's the show itself!

Will he write new songs while judging? Nah! i would bet my last dollar he won't. He can't concentrate on too many things at once :naughty:*oh! look! a pretty butterfly* :teehee: