2013 - Le Printemps de Bourges - Festival - FRANCE - 25 April --REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mari62

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for your pics and reports, everyone!! He had a great energy during the show, imo. He looked subdued after the show indeed, but probably just tired and wanting to leave as soon as possible, he gave some pretty smiles and didn't seem in a bad mood, you know, just tired and wanting some private time. So it felt extra kind he still spent time with his fans. Doriand is quite shy and probably not used to these situations... I love Karen so I if I see Doriand I say him thank you for coming and especially for Karen and he could still remember us meeting in Bordeaux.

I wrote a few words here:

http://anothermikablog.blogspot.fi/2013/04/gig-reports-mika-le-printemps-de.html

We were so lucky to have such a lovely, sunny day! I was a bit ill and not in my best mood (I should just leave all unhappy thoughts behind when traveling to gigs but it's not always possible) but everyone I met was really sweet, loved chatting and enjoying the sun with you, and I did enjoy the festival a lot (hahah, except was puzzled to see Benjamin Biolay to drink and smoke through the whole performance!).

:blink: well, that's an interesting picture :aah:

He did indeed :thumb_yello: He has admitted Mika is an amazing performer and that you can't judge how good his shows are by just seeing a youtube vid. :wink2:

Oh that's true, youtube doesn't do him justice, but it does help when there's no gig to go to :naughty:

So here comes my gig report after I´ve slept for 8 hours and feeling fresh again.

My trip began Wednesday morning at 5.45 am and after 12 hours mostly on the train I arrived Bourges and friends of my father were waiting for me at the station to bring me to my hotel and then having a drink together. It was very nice to see them after a few years. After they left I wanted to go for a little walk to see the fantastic cathedral and then the venue. Never before I saw such a busy little town, there were little stages at every corner and bands played live music everywhere, so many people were walking around having fun, eating, drinking........ I found the cathedral easily but then I needed quite long to find the venue because I couldn´t see signs anywhere and my streetcard looked different as there were so many market stalls and fences to lead people away from the streets. But after some time I found Le Phenix and could here the music and soon realised that the acustic was not very good as too loud. Then I looked for some food and tried to find my way back to the hotel.

On Thursday Morning I met Tiibet, Maggy, Mine, Eva and a few more French ladies and we went to the venue together where already were a few girls. The weather was great and we really enjoyed the queue meeting familiar people and new people. I´m so happy we could meet Alireine and give her company for her first gig, she´s such a great woman! I also enjoyed to meet Mr T for the first time, Theresa you can be happy to have a man like him. Time went by so fast and the part of the day began I always hate, the entrance but we made it to the frontrow and everything was fine beside the aching feet :teehee:.

The music started at 7.00 pm and I realised that I never before I was so glad to have my earplugs with me, the music was way too loud and I´m still vibrating from the basses.

Jamie Cullum is really good and a very good performer even his music style is not my cup of tea. I enjoyed to see him there but wouldn´t buy a ticket to see him again.

Benjamin Biolay :shocked: went on stage and before he started to sing the first note he started smoking in the middle of the stage and drunk maybe beer. In my eyes this guy was so arrogant............. when he had the guest singer on stage he gave him signs to leave the stage at once after they finished the song. Especially the last song was extremly loud with basses and flashlights and I really thought for a moment I died and went straight to hell.

When Mika´s band came on stage I was so excited and I couldn´t wait any longer. Then Mika came on stage and started with Une Soleil Mal Lune and I really loved the song. After that he sang GK. I can´t remember the right setlist but the third song was Lollipop with a new beginning, he started the song the same way Heia Leah beginns. He played I think 16 songs, BG, BB, LT, Relax, EMD, Karen, Lola, Drunk, Celebrate, Origin, Rain, Ma Jeunesse and WAG.

During the gig he forgot to speak French which I found very funny. I loved to see Doriand on stage with him. Mika liked the butterfly confetti we threw during Lola and the golden glitter we used for LT, he got glitter on stage and put it on Max and Curtis ( and I can tell you it was very hard to get rid of the glitter after the show, so I think Max and Curtis will hate us ).

As I was concerned I had the blast at that concert and I really loved every second.

After the gig we went outside and waited for Mika and we didn´t have to wait too long. I was surprised that not many people were waiting for him and so I had the hope he would have time to sign my gig diary. As it is hand written I wanted to have a little drawing in it and if he would have rushed through us I wouldn´t have given it to him. But when he came he took the time for everyone of us. Mika didn´t have a pen but I already had a pen because I wanted to have an autograph from Doriand and was sure he wouldn´t have a pen with him. So I gave Mika my pen and at that moment he saw my cover of Doriand´s album and took it at once, turned around and called Doriand to come and sign. Doriand was a bit confused and shy but when I told him that I asked him on Facebook for an autograph he started smiling and said " ah, of course !" And then I got a picture with him too. When it was my turn for an autograph of Mika I asked him if I could have a little drawing into my gig diary and he was so nice to give me one :wink2:. I don´t know how long he was staying before he went back to his car but he really took his time. Before he got into the car he was calling me to give me the pen back and then he went away.

Then we all said goodbye Maggy, Tiibet, Eva and me went back to their hotel and still had fun until 4.00 am. After that I went to the station and waited for my train.

Here is a link to a Youtube user who has really nice videos of nearly all the songs http://www.youtube.com/user/sebgalopin1/videos

I took some vids but the sound is very bad. I will post the links later.

So here comes my gig report after I´ve slept for 8 hours and feeling fresh again.

My trip began Wednesday morning at 5.45 am and after 12 hours mostly on the train I arrived Bourges and friends of my father were waiting for me at the station to bring me to my hotel and then having a drink together. It was very nice to see them after a few years. After they left I wanted to go for a little walk to see the fantastic cathedral and then the venue. Never before I saw such a busy little town, there were little stages at every corner and bands played live music everywhere, so many people were walking around having fun, eating, drinking........ I found the cathedral easily but then I needed quite long to find the venue because I couldn´t see signs anywhere and my streetcard looked different as there were so many market stalls and fences to lead people away from the streets. But after some time I found Le Phenix and could here the music and soon realised that the acustic was not very good as too loud. Then I looked for some food and tried to find my way back to the hotel.

On Thursday Morning I met Tiibet, Maggy, Mine, Eva and a few more French ladies and we went to the venue together where already were a few girls. The weather was great and we really enjoyed the queue meeting familiar people and new people. I´m so happy we could meet Alireine and give her company for her first gig, she´s such a great woman! I also enjoyed to meet Mr T for the first time, Theresa you can be happy to have a man like him. Time went by so fast and the part of the day began I always hate, the entrance but we made it to the frontrow and everything was fine beside the aching feet :teehee:.

The music started at 7.00 pm and I realised that I never before I was so glad to have my earplugs with me, the music was way too loud and I´m still vibrating from the basses.

Jamie Cullum is really good and a very good performer even his music style is not my cup of tea. I enjoyed to see him there but wouldn´t buy a ticket to see him again.

Benjamin Biolay :shocked: went on stage and before he started to sing the first note he started smoking in the middle of the stage and drunk maybe beer. In my eyes this guy was so arrogant............. when he had the guest singer on stage he gave him signs to leave the stage at once after they finished the song. Especially the last song was extremly loud with basses and flashlights and I really thought for a moment I died and went straight to hell.

When Mika´s band came on stage I was so excited and I couldn´t wait any longer. Then Mika came on stage and started with Une Soleil Mal Lune and I really loved the song. After that he sang GK. I can´t remember the right setlist but the third song was Lollipop with a new beginning, he started the song the same way Heia Leah beginns. He played I think 16 songs, BG, BB, LT, Relax, EMD, Karen, Lola, Drunk, Celebrate, Origin, Rain, Ma Jeunesse and WAG.

During the gig he forgot to speak French which I found very funny. I loved to see Doriand on stage with him. Mika liked the butterfly confetti we threw during Lola and the golden glitter we used for LT, he got glitter on stage and put it on Max and Curtis ( and I can tell you it was very hard to get rid of the glitter after the show, so I think Max and Curtis will hate us ).

As I was concerned I had the blast at that concert and I really loved every second.

After the gig we went outside and waited for Mika and we didn´t have to wait too long. I was surprised that not many people were waiting for him and so I had the hope he would have time to sign my gig diary. As it is hand written I wanted to have a little drawing in it and if he would have rushed through us I wouldn´t have given it to him. But when he came he took the time for everyone of us. Mika didn´t have a pen but I already had a pen because I wanted to have an autograph from Doriand and was sure he wouldn´t have a pen with him. So I gave Mika my pen and at that moment he saw my cover of Doriand´s album and took it at once, turned around and called Doriand to come and sign. Doriand was a bit confused and shy but when I told him that I asked him on Facebook for an autograph he started smiling and said " ah, of course !" And then I got a picture with him too. When it was my turn for an autograph of Mika I asked him if I could have a little drawing into my gig diary and he was so nice to give me one :wink2:. I don´t know how long he was staying before he went back to his car but he really took his time. Before he got into the car he was calling me to give me the pen back and then he went away.

Then we all said goodbye Maggy, Tiibet, Eva and me went back to their hotel and still had fun until 4.00 am. After that I went to the station and waited for my train.

Here is a link to a Youtube user who has really nice videos of nearly all the songs http://www.youtube.com/user/sebgalopin1/videos

I took some vids but the sound is very bad. I will post the links later.

Turned out great for you!

Thanks for the nice reports!

I was also there and I do not have much to add.

I completely agree with the description of the french singer before Mika. I also felt he was very arrogant and one of those "look at me how hot I am" kind of guy. The end of his concert was completely painful. Sabine described it perfectly.

Jamie Cullum was very energetic and a good entertainer, although in some songs he could in my opinion improve the lyrics, for example when he repeated about 50 times that he was fine....

I had a great time at Mika's. Like everybody else said, he was super energetic and in good mood. As already mentioned the sound was not well balanced in the songs with electronics. For example when Mika was singing "Rain", I could barely hear him, all I could hear was the bass. I noticed he asked the sound technician to fix it after that song and there was a little improvement.

As you can see I am new and at the end I wanted to say hi to the lovely girls I recognize from here, but I really had to find a toilet and when I came back I could not see anybody anymore. Next time...

The morning after the concert I met the whole band at the train station, and congratulated with their performance. They were very surprised and grateful. Especially Max seems very sweet. It almost sounded like nobody acknowledges them. Joy even told me "thanks for having us here!", as if I had anything to do with the organization :)

Cheers

Stefania

Thanks for all your reports!

I've got so much work at the moment that it's hard to get back to reading reports and stuff, I almost didn't realise there was this gig in Bourges until he tweeted about it :aah: I'm still not sure I'll manage to get to any gig this Summer but it's definitely getting me excited :thumb_yello:

One more thing as I see a lot of you talking about it; I really don't like Benjamin Biolay. He's always given awards here and seen as very talented by the French elite but I absolutely can't stand him. Never seen him live and don't intend to but I'm not surprised you all saw him as arrogant because that is in my opinion the best description of him :puke:

here you can see why I thought I was dead and in hell

but it seems soft in the vid, reality was much more worse

OMG, that song almost killed me!!!!!!!!!! :aah: Lol!

@Alireine it was a pleasure to meet you!! Thanks for being so helpful with my camera! And I'm so sorry you had to see my bad mood and complaining, I'm rarely like that (at least I hope so)... I wasn't feeling well so several things annoyed me. The concert was great, so happy your first Mika show was so lovely :wub2:

Back and had some much needed sleep! Not much to add to reports already done, which summed it up pretty well...

Hadn't seen Mika in a long time (last time was The Roundhouse) so it was great to have this odd gig between the US trip and the Far East trip. Like others have said, took me a while to find Le Phenix as it didn't seem to be where it was on the map, and for some odd reason appeared to be called Le W instead (eh?) but as it was a lovely hot sunny day, and Bourges is so pretty with lots going on everywhere, strolling around the old town was very pleasant, and I didn't bother to queue at all.

I went in just after doors and was front row far right - perfect view. Quite enjoyed Melissa Laveaux, also Jamie Cullum, but Benjamin Biolay was so godawful I went outside the venue to escape while he was on! It was all very relaxed there, so people could go out and re-enter no problem. How civilised!

Mika went down well (doesn't he always in France?!). People from age 3 to about 70 were there, and I left my position and had a good wander round towards the end of the gig and the reaction was great, right to the back of the venue.

I still feel that Mika with the old band seemed better (so I'm relieved I've been around since the start and saw the early days and watched him grow as an artist), and I still have a problem liking a lot of the newer stuff like Lola, Elle Me Dit, Celebrate, etc., as I don't feel those songs are up to the standard of his other compositions musically. But having said that, he's still one of the best live entertainers around IMO, and you can't really fail to come out of a Mika gig without a big smile on your face! :biggrin2:

I didn't hang about afterwards so didn't say hello to anyone, but then my hotel was SO flipping far out of town I wasn't sure how I'd ever get back to it and taxis were like gold-dust with so many events going on...

Anyway, good to have had a Mika-fix to keep me going for a while!

For anyone who want to see the Mika's gig tonight at 23.30 on France 4, go on this link for the streaming:

http://playtv.fr/television/france-4/

Of course, for people outside France, you have to change proxy followig this tutorial:

Firefox: http://www.2buzzy.com/how-to-change-proxy-in-firefox/

IE: http://www.ehow.com/how_2033232_change-proxy-settings.html

And put on PROXY ID: 91.121.184.131 and on Port: 3128

EDIT: Thank to LaraMay You can view France 4 here as well worldwide:

http://www.webactu-webtv.com/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=3

Edited by Lucrezia

For anyone who want to see the Mika's gig tonight at 23.30 on France 4, go on this link for the streaming:

http://playtv.fr/television/france-4/

Of course, for people outside France, you have to change proxy followig this tutorial:

Firefox: http://www.2buzzy.com/how-to-change-proxy-in-firefox/

IE: http://www.ehow.com/how_2033232_change-proxy-settings.html

And put on PROXY ID: 91.121.184.131 and on Port: 3128

They show the gig on television?? :shocked: That's scary.

Would have been nice to say hello, Enigma! I didn't know you were there.

Mika went down well (doesn't he always in France?!). People from age 3 to about 70 were there, and I left my position and had a good wander round towards the end of the gig and the reaction was great, right to the back of the venue.

That's good to hear! And that's how it felt to me but I couldn't properly see it. But it's always like that in France, I guess.