MIKA to be Judge on XFactor 7 #XF7 Italia 2013

dcdeb

It's the same press conference he held in london over and over again, I don't think we need to translate them all :wink2:

Yeah! I agree, at the end every interview said the same thing just with different words :teehee:

Yeah! I agree, at the end every interview said the same thing just with different words :teehee:

Yeah, some journalists reported more details than others, but the source is obviously the same.

One of them added a sentence when dealing with the rent of a recording studio part: he said that if he looses his creative moment, he will get depressed and will begin to eat :aah:

:naughty::thumb_yello:

Google translate is not too bad, actually, although I have to out in one paragraph at the time. For some reason, it crashes on me otherwise :sneaky2:

And of course it gives gibberish on occasion :doh:

Thank you Valmont :flowers2:

you're welcome :blush-anim-cl:

We save forces for the next news.

i promise to work even if this thread will be not so visited :naughty:

Thanks for translating :thumb_yello:

One of them added a sentence when dealing with the rent of a recording studio part: he said that if he looses his creative moment, he will get depressed and will begin to eat :aah:

Someone needs to send him some nice Italian food in his studio than, so he will write and eat. He needs some pounds on his hips again :aah:

Edit: Will somebody translate the interview by La Repubblica as well? He seems to give more answers than already translated in the other two articles and Google Translate helps to get it overall but not in detail :huh:

Edited by DerMoment1608

Edit: Will somebody translate the interview by La Repubblica as well? He seems to give more answers than already translated in the other two articles and Google Translate helps to get it overall but not in detail :huh:

Give me half an hour and i'll translate it :wink2:

From LaRepubblica.it:

It's Mika the new star of X Factor "I'm learning Italian and I watch Sanremo"

Meeting in London with the pop star of Lebanese origin who will be the judge in the next edition of the talent show on Sky. "I love the festival, Mina, your pop-rock of the seventies. And I want to learn everything."

The new X Factor judge is Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr., aka Mika, 30 years in August, one of the most famous international pop stars. And it is the first time that a foreigner (Mika is Lebanese naturalized Briton) is part of the judges of the talent show for Sky Italy. The rumors circulated for days and it was confirmed from the same singer of Relax (take it easy) and Grace Kelly, meeting in London the journalists with whom speaks half in Italian.

"When they asked me it,, in January, I asked them if they said seriously, I did not think they really wanted me. Before accepting I took a few lessons in Italian to see if I could handle it and in a couple of weeks I accepted."

Mika, why they did choose you? did you ask to yourself?

"Of course. And the answer is for the good relationship I have with this transmission. I was a guest in 2007 when it was in Rai, I went back there twice in the last edition and I really appreciated its human and artistic evolution , I duet with Chiara, which I think she has an immense talent, I also sat among the judges for play, in short, I was fine. Something wonderful happened. So I did not think too much when I was asked to be part of the cast. It was a challenge I had to accept because I love challenges. Even to rebuild a little bit my presence in Italy, a country where the public always greets me very well, but where I am less popular than elsewhere. This time I had to say yes. "

In which? Someone did already proposed it?

"Not Sky: French television, last year, but I've already forgot the name. But I did not accept because it seems to me that the race of songs is something that has little to do with the French musical culture and television. You Italians instead have Sanremo ".

Do you know Sanremo?

"Yes, I'm taking Italian lessons not only in terms of language, but also of music: I'm watching all the past editions of Sanremo on DVD, I'm listening to Mina, your pop-rock of the seventies. When I do something I have to do it seriously, if I have to judge the singers I have to do it knowing your language, your traditions, your mindset. "

Would you never have done a talent show by competitor?

"I tried, when I was a teenager. In other words, I was auditioned,, and they have rejected me immediately. Then I got to know Simon Cowell, who would become the creator of X Factor. He told me that I had a great voice and he wanted to call me some week later. Since then i called him every day for six months, but he was too busy on other projects, and and that was all. So you know, now be the judge on X Factor is almost a rematch. "

What category do you intend to follow, as "godfather"?

"Sky will decide, I will do all. To my sensibilities I might prefer the girls, who are more receptive. But I will manage it in any role. Maybe I'll even make some duet, why not."

The rest of the cast is yet to be decided. So far it has only confirmed Simona Ventura.

"Very good,, she knows perfectly the show business. Otherwise I know that the dynamic between the judges are almost half of the transmission and I'll go along with anyone. I loved Morgan, well prepared, and Elio, who made hilarious and unpredictable funny things and he is also a great musician. "

Who would you like?

"Mina no, I would be in awe. Bruce Springsteen speaks too little. Behold, Dita Von Teese,she is creative.I'll Ask Sky, who knows."

What advice would give to your guys?

"To understand their limitations and turn them into strengths. I will do my example. I am a baritone tones and when I rise up to falsetto.It is a flaw, but it has become my brand."

And that kind of judge will you be?

"Very seriously, as I am with my co-workers. From singers I will demand an ego not too big: on the stage, the artist must deconstruct and then reconstruct. And sincerity, that I immediately understand watching the belly, because if you are yourself sing with the solar plexus hard, if you pretend you've it soft. "

The transmission is so named in this way because you have to find a singer who has an X factor, that is, something more than the others. Here, what is this X Factor, for you?

"Exactly, pull themselves together of their own shortcomings. And having a mother super tough, or at least a strong point of reference. My teacher was a Russian, a rigid ex Sovietic with high collars, which saved me after I was kicked off from school because they thought that I didn't want study and instead I was dyslexic. "

About lessons, how's going with the Italian?

"If you ask me, I tell very well. If you ask to the Sicilian boy that from January I see two hours a day, he would say that he is on the verge of a nervous breakdown. But I think I'm a good student. Certainly I carry him everywhere I go. No Skype, if I'm on tour he will go with me. "

Will you live in Milan?

"I think it's an obligation. I'm looking for a house to rent from September, okay any zone. And a recording studio, because I certainly will not stand with folded hands. Indeed, I hope that Milan and this transmission gift to me lots of creativity, which I will accomplish in the songs. I write in English and French, soon I hope to write in Italian. "

What do you know about Italy, apart from music?

"Oh, very much. Vatican, the architecture, the wines, and Fellini. I am very pleased to have a column in the magazine La Repubblica XL. I now pass to X Factor. I also like your policy, seeing it from the outside. Think that once in Milan someone made me a tv interview in a beautiful apartment and then told me that it had been one of your political, a certain Craxi. When I went to the bathroom there was a huge marble tub, how wonderful. ... "

This is very interesting! Thank you so much Lucrezia, amazing work :wub2:

Thanks Lucrezia. Seems like Mika has issues keeping his stories consistent. I thought he said he was asked during the show last time and he immediately said yes...

Yes, very good Lucrezia. Thank you!

Your welcome ladies!!! :huglove:

Thanks Lucrezia. Seems like Mika has issues keeping his stories consistent. I thought he said he was asked during the show last time and he immediately said yes...

He said that he said immediately "yes" after being asked if he would be interested, so there is no inconsistency at the moment:

From the Ansa-Phoneinterivew:

- I walked of this set and one producer looked at me and she goes "You […] think, you may think I'm crazy, but would you be interested if it ever became possible, would you be interested?" And immediately I turned around and answered "yes, yes".

http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/videogallery/spettacolo/2013/04/23/Tv-Mika-Factor-mia-nuova-sfida_8603479.html#.UXhdBKDcowY.facebook

So he answered that he would be interested directly at the show, at some point in December/January he must have gotten an official offer, than he tried if he could manage to learn Italian, and in January he signed the contract.

I don't know if it's correct but the translation that was posted here says he was asked in January if he would be interested and accepted a few weeks later.

Mika's explanations about all this make no sense to me anyway. To say that he chose Italy over France because Italy has the Sanremo festival and France doesn't have a tradition of talent contests is like saying he chose to work at McDonald's in Paris because the French are renowned for great food.

I can't imagine he is ever going to give a reason that makes any sense but perhaps the less said the better. :aah:

I think that the Repubblica Lucrezia translated for us reported one of the issues I pointed out in the other thread as a possible explanation:

" It was a challenge I had to accept because I love challenges. Even to rebuild a little bit my presence in Italy, a country where the public always greets me very well, but where I am less popular than elsewhere. This time I had to say yes. "

The last verb matches with the other question I posed: are we really sure it wasn't an aut aut of Universal and not his choice?

But it's also true that whatever he says in the press conferences, we'll never know.

I don't know if it's correct but the translation that was posted here says he was asked in January if he would be interested and accepted a few weeks later.

"When they asked me it,, in January, I asked them if they said seriously, I did not think they really wanted me. Before accepting I took a few lessons in Italian to see if I could handle it and in a couple of weeks I accepted."

I think he talks about the official "do you want to be a judge"-asking here, not about the "would you be interested"-asking. From what I get of these interviews we have two different askings:

The first one in December from one producer at the show if he would we interested.

He said yes, so the producer probably suggested it to the Team and Sky to ask him.

And then there is the second asking in January, the "official one" from Sky if he wants to be a judge.

Edited by DerMoment1608

Indeed Lucrezia. Big thanks!

You're welcome sweety! :huglove:

He said that he said immediately "yes" after being asked if he would be interested, so there is no inconsistency at the moment:

From the Ansa-Phoneinterivew:

http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/videogallery/spettacolo/2013/04/23/Tv-Mika-Factor-mia-nuova-sfida_8603479.html#.UXhdBKDcowY.facebook

So he answered that he would be interested directly at the show, at some point in December/January he must have gotten an official offer, than he tried if he could manage to learn Italian, and in January he signed the contract.

In January, Sky offered him the job and just in April he signed the contract because he wanted to be sure to be able to speak Italian because I think that it was their request. :wink2:

In January, Sky offered him the job and just in April he signed the contract because he wanted to be sure to be able to speak Italian because I think that it was their request. :wink2:

Doesn't he say here that he signed in January:

I’ve been studying italian since when I signed the contract, in january: two hours per day with a sicilian guy who is touring with me all along Europe. I don’t want people to joke on me.

Do we have an interview / information where it says that he signed in April? Wasn't it just made public in April?

Thank you so much Lucrezia :flowers2:

Indeed, I hope that Milan and this transmission gift to me lots of creativity, which I will accomplish in the songs. I write in English and French, soon I hope to write in Italian. "

Christine will be so pleased :naughty:

Mika? Having trouble keeping his stories consistent? :shocked: Never! :shun:

Do we have an interview / information where it says that he signed in April? Wasn't it just made public in April?

Sorry if i didn't reply you before...

So, there was a rumors/news on 16th April where a journalist said:

Stando a quel che ci risulta, infatti, mancherebbe poco alla firma del contratto che porterebbe l’interprete di Grace Kelly dietro al bancone del talent in onda su Skyuno.

From what we know, in fact, to the signing of the contract is very near which would bring the interpreter of Grace Kelly behind the counter of the talent aired on SkyUno.

So, in my opinion, on January there was only a proposal

Link: http://www.davidemaggio.it/archives/73843/boom-mika-nuovo-giudice-di-x-factor

Christine has been pleased about this since she heard a rumour he was doing Italian X Factor. That's why Christine doesn't need to "wait and see" where this is headed. Christine has seen it all before and thinks the word "pandering" she used to describe Mika catering to a French audience is a polite euphemism for what is happening here. :pinkbow:

:mikacool:

So, in my opinion, on January there was only a proposal

Thanks for the quote :original: It does make more sense if only the offer was in January, too.

But now there really is a contradiction if the informations of the journalist are right :rolls_eyes:

Thanks for the quote :original: It does make more sense if only the offer was in January, too.

But now there really is a contradiction if the informations of the journalist are right :rolls_eyes:

Contradiction?

About Mika relating something?

This is weiiiiiiird :naughty: