2013 - Shinkiba Studio Coast, Tokyo, JAPAN - 14 May - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mari62

YAY!!

I'm back, very tired, not sure if the videos will upload during the night.

He forgot to sing Popular:sneaky2:

Just to remind him

MIKA PLEASE SING POPULAR IN OSAKA TOMORROW

The crowd was horrendous, it was basically a battle for survival and unbelieveably hot being squished on all sides. Not conducive to relaxing and enjoying the good music when you have to stand on one foot, clothes being almost torn off, one arm trapped above my head, and some girl beside me who kept trying to elbow her way in. And the boy in front of me who didn't dance but bobbed his head wildly from side to side every song made filming a challenge! I felt like tapping him on the shoulder and asking him to just stop it.:aah:

Everyone seemed very happy both before and after the show, we all met up with various MFCers and groups, and then when we went in, everyone was fine until that first note of music then the CRUSH began.

I know Mika was playing songs from his earlier albums to keep Japanese fans happy, but we are all a bit over the Billy Brown/Stuck in the middle era, and were really looking forward to Make you happy/Popular era like in the US tour. I hope tomorrow in Osaka we get a few more from the third album.

And we did get Step with me. And love you when I'm drunk.

And biggest surprise of all, thank you Mika :flowers2: for coming out to meet the fans and sign stuff, talk to people, it's the first time in Japan that he hasn't been whisked away somewhere, and everyone was really grateful he spent the time talking to fans. Thanks for being a good popstar Mika:wub2:

Videos uploading:

Elle me Dit:

Relax:

Blue Eyes:

Billy Brown (partial):

Rain:

more uploading - I'll put the details in here in the morning.

Unfortunately it was very hard to hold the video in one hand above my head while being crushed to death, so I thought I had recorded things that it turned out I didn't, and especially I was disappointed I didn't get Stardust.:blink:

Luckily Tomomi got it, he sang it really well and I loved every minute of it:wub2:

Tomomi's video:

Awesome updates.. Glad you met him! :blush-anim-cl:

From SmashingMag Japan

http://www.smashingmag.com/jp/archives/40350

3年振りの単独公演となるミーカ。会場となるスタジオコーストのステージ上は水玉だらけ。もの凄いレイヤーのフラッグ・ガーランドはどことなく天蓋ベッドも想像させたのだが、ライブが始まると明るいライティングがこのフラッグの間を通り抜け、まるで木漏れ日のような効果を出していた。曲と曲の間に照明が落ちると、裸電球のような灯りが点灯し、もしかしてコレは昼と夜、陰と陽を表しているのではないか、などと深読みしたくなる。

ミーカのライブはまさに完全無欠のポップ・ワールド。一瞬たりとも飽きさせることなく楽しませてくれたのだが、ライブを更に楽しくしたのは紛れもなくオーディエンスの力による。一斉にコーラスに参加したり、ダンスだけでなくジャンプもしまくったり、とにかくこの時間を楽しもうというミーカとオーディエンスの一体感で会場はもの凄い熱気に包まれていた。

Rockin'On website: http://ro69.jp/live/detail/82291?rtw

MIKA @ 新木場STUDIO COAST

2010年の東名阪ツアー以来となる、3作目のアルバム『ジ・オリジン・オブ・ラヴ』を携えたミーカの来日公演は、歓喜の涙を堪えずにはいられない、感動的なライヴだった。今回は東京と翌5/15の大阪というスケジュールであり、本レポートではネタバレを含むので、大阪公演に参加予定の方は閲覧にご注意を。公演終了後に読んで頂けると、たいへん嬉しいです。

いかにミーカほどの巨大な才能の持ち主であろうとも、デビュー後2作のアルバムと、極限のエンターテインメントであるライヴ空間が生み出した狂騒は、想像も及ばないほどのプレッシャーとして彼自身にのしかかっていたのではないか。彼自身を救済するべく徹底的に音楽の歓喜を突き詰め、手作り感たっぷりに構築された楽曲やステージの、その箱庭の王国の王子様だったはずのミーカは、今や世界中の人々の期待に応えなければならない国王の立場に置かれているはずだ。もちろん、昨年リリースされた『ジ・オリジン・オブ・ラヴ』もそんな期待に応えた素晴らしいアルバムだったわけだが、2009年の一夜限りのワンマン、宇多田ヒカルとのデュエットも思い出されるスタジオコーストで、ミーカは国王として何を見せてくれるのか。そんな思いで会場に足を運んだ。

白地にグリーンのドットが打たれた、無数の三角旗が吊り下げられたチャーミングなステージはいかにもミーカ。いや、ミーカらしさを残しつつ、ちょっとだけシックになっているだろうか。パーカッション含むバンド・メンバーが先に登場して、新作の先行シングルであった“Elle Me Dit”の四つ打ちキックが打ち鳴らされたところに、大歓声を浴びてハットを被ったミーカが「コニチハー!」と姿を現す。ステージ・デザインと同じく、グリーンのドット柄のガウンを羽織った一般日本人女子と思しきダンサーたちを招き入れ、いきなり盛大なハンド・クラップを巻き起こすのだが、ミーカ、冒頭は声が上手く出ていなかった。ハンド・マイクで懸命に煽り立て、“Relax, Take It Easy”まで2曲続けてアップリフティングな4つ打ち曲を配置する辺りには、ライヴ導入部で巨大な期待&プレッシャーと折り合いをつけるようなスタンスが窺える。

しかし、ミーカ自らステージ中央のピアノに向かってイントロを奏で、「元気だったかい……ずっと会えなくて、ホンっト~~に寂しかったんだよトーキョー。(一瞬、ピアノを止めて)君たちも寂しかった?」と語り出した途端に、時間と空間が一気にミーカのものになってゆく。力むでもなく、穏やかに自分のペースでライヴをコントロールし始めた。そして弾むようなフックが心地よい“Blue Eyes”から、鍵盤の淵に組んだ両足を投げ出してご機嫌に披露される“Billy Brown”と、フレディ・マーキュリーもかくやという歌声が本領を発揮し始める。大半の楽曲のライヴ・アレンジはイントロが音源とは違っていて、ミーカの歌い出しで大喝采&大合唱スタートというインタラクティヴな仕掛けが施してあり、そしてミーカは歌いながらダンサーを前に片膝をついたり、軽くパントマイムを披露したりと忙しなくサーヴィスも盛り込む。“Origin of Love”に至っては、音源での多重コーラスをオーディエンスのシンガロングで再現してみせる。

今回のショウで個人的なハイライトに思えたのは、ミーカとキーボード兼任のサックス・プレイヤーが2人だけで静謐に奏で始める“Stardust”、そして視界一杯のスウェイを誘いながら「スタジオコースト、目を閉じて。僕と一緒に歌ってくれるなら、出来うる限り大きな声で歌うんだ。いいかい?」と呼びかける“Underwater”といった、決して華々しくはない中盤の、新作曲による一幕であった。ステージ前半のミーカのパフォーマンス・コントロールとサーヴィス精神の布石が効いて、こういった曲調でもオーディエンスがしっかりとついてくる。美しい光景だった。そしてコミカルさと痛みが渾然一体となった“Stuck in the Middle”で再び、上昇線が描き出されてゆく。

ステージ・デザインとこれまた同じ緑色の巨大風船がフロアに投下される“Celebrate”以降の後半は、もはや逃れようのない多幸感がひたすら続く時間だった。どれだけ華やいでいても、ミーカのステージはやはり手作り感に満ちている。お馴染みの巨大風船の演出にしても、それ自体が高揚感を誘うのではない。むしろ、それぐらいのことをやらないと、聴覚の歓喜に視覚が追いつかないのである。ミーカは割と日本語を話すことができたはずだが、わざわざ通訳を招き入れて「酔ッテル時ダケ、アナタガ好キ!」と紹介するのはもちろん、“Love You When I'm Drunk”。最っ低で最高だ。文末のセット・リストを見て頂ければ分かる通り名曲連打の後半戦で、“Step With Me”も見事に歌声がフロアから上がっていた。

そういうわけで、辿り着いた“Love Today”、“We Are Golden”は、まさに凱歌のようにオーディエンスと分かち合われてしまった。可笑しかったのは、ミーカがヴォイス・パーカッションでリズム隊と激しいバトルを繰り広げて始まった“Love Today”のキメのフレーズを、ベース奏者が美声で延々と歌い続け、彼の背後でミーカが風船を割ったり、首を締めて邪魔をしても頑にやめない一幕。ノリとしてはどつき漫才である。オーディエンスが囃し立て、袖から「コノママ、マックスノ声ヲ、ズット聴イテテクダサイ」というミーカの声が響く。圧倒的な完成度でショウのドラマティックな高揚感/一体感を生み出しておきながら、まだまだイタズラ王子の一面も抜けないというか、ときどきプチ暴君と化す国王=ミーカなのであった。彼のかけがえのない王国が今後どんなふうに繁栄してゆくのか、ますます楽しみだ。(小池宏和)

01. Elle Me Dit

02. Relax, Take It Easy

03. Blue Eyes

04. Billy Brown

05. Rain

06. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

07. Origin of Love

08. Stardust

09. Underwater

10. Stuck in the Middle

11. Celebrate

12. Love You When I'm Drunk

13. Lola

14. Happy Ending

15. Step With Me

16. Grace Kelly

17. Love Today

18. We Are Golden

EN. Lollipop

Edited by Blue Sky

RockinOn Live report

http://ro69.jp/live/detail/82291

MIKA @ 新木場STUDIO COAST

2010年の東名阪ツアー以来となる、3作目のアルバム『ジ・オリジン・オブ・ラヴ』を携えたミーカの来日公演は、歓喜の涙を堪えずにはいられない、感動的なライヴだった。今回は東京と翌5/15の大阪というスケジュールであり、本レポートではネタバレを含むので、大阪公演に参加予定の方は閲覧にご注意を。公演終了後に読んで頂けると、たいへん嬉しいです。

いかにミーカほどの巨大な才能の持ち主であろうとも、デビュー後2作のアルバムと、極限のエンターテインメントであるライヴ空間が生み出した狂騒は、想像も及ばないほどのプレッシャーとして彼自身にのしかかっていたのではないか。彼自身を救済するべく徹底的に音楽の歓喜を突き詰め、手作り感たっぷりに構築された楽曲やステージの、その箱庭の王国の王子様だったはずのミーカは、今や世界中の人々の期待に応えなければならない国王の立場に置かれているはずだ。もちろん、昨年リリースされた『ジ・オリジン・オブ・ラヴ』もそんな期待に応えた素晴らしいアルバムだったわけだが、2009年の一夜限りのワンマン、宇多田ヒカルとのデュエットも思い出されるスタジオコーストで、ミーカは国王として何を見せてくれるのか。そんな思いで会場に足を運んだ。

白地にグリーンのドットが打たれた、無数の三角旗が吊り下げられたチャーミングなステージはいかにもミーカ。いや、ミーカらしさを残しつつ、ちょっとだけシックになっているだろうか。パーカッション含むバンド・メンバーが先に登場して、新作の先行シングルであった“Elle Me Dit”の四つ打ちキックが打ち鳴らされたところに、大歓声を浴びてハットを被ったミーカが「コニチハー!」と姿を現す。ステージ・デザインと同じく、グリーンのドット柄のガウンを羽織った一般日本人女子と思しきダンサーたちを招き入れ、いきなり盛大なハンド・クラップを巻き起こすのだが、ミーカ、冒頭は声が上手く出ていなかった。ハンド・マイクで懸命に煽り立て、“Relax, Take It Easy”まで2曲続けてアップリフティングな4つ打ち曲を配置する辺りには、ライヴ導入部で巨大な期待&プレッシャーと折り合いをつけるようなスタンスが窺える。

しかし、ミーカ自らステージ中央のピアノに向かってイントロを奏で、「元気だったかい……ずっと会えなくて、ホンっト~~に寂しかったんだよトーキョー。(一瞬、ピアノを止めて)君たちも寂しかった?」と語り出した途端に、時間と空間が一気にミーカのものになってゆく。力むでもなく、穏やかに自分のペースでライヴをコントロールし始めた。そして弾むようなフックが心地よい“Blue Eyes”から、鍵盤の淵に組んだ両足を投げ出してご機嫌に披露される“Billy Brown”と、フレディ・マーキュリーもかくやという歌声が本領を発揮し始める。大半の楽曲のライヴ・アレンジはイントロが音源とは違っていて、ミーカの歌い出しで大喝采&大合唱スタートというインタラクティヴな仕掛けが施してあり、そしてミーカは歌いながらダンサーを前に片膝をついたり、軽くパントマイムを披露したりと忙しなくサーヴィスも盛り込む。“Origin of Love”に至っては、音源での多重コーラスをオーディエンスのシンガロングで再現してみせる。

今回のショウで個人的なハイライトに思えたのは、ミーカとキーボード兼任のサックス・プレイヤーが2人だけで静謐に奏で始める“Stardust”、そして視界一杯のスウェイを誘いながら「スタジオコースト、目を閉じて。僕と一緒に歌ってくれるなら、出来うる限り大きな声で歌うんだ。いいかい?」と呼びかける“Underwater”といった、決して華々しくはない中盤の、新作曲による一幕であった。ステージ前半のミーカのパフォーマンス・コントロールとサーヴィス精神の布石が効いて、こういった曲調でもオーディエンスがしっかりとついてくる。美しい光景だった。そしてコミカルさと痛みが渾然一体となった“Stuck in the Middle”で再び、上昇線が描き出されてゆく。

ステージ・デザインとこれまた同じ緑色の巨大風船がフロアに投下される“Celebrate”以降の後半は、もはや逃れようのない多幸感がひたすら続く時間だった。どれだけ華やいでいても、ミーカのステージはやはり手作り感に満ちている。お馴染みの巨大風船の演出にしても、それ自体が高揚感を誘うのではない。むしろ、それぐらいのことをやらないと、聴覚の歓喜に視覚が追いつかないのである。ミーカは割と日本語を話すことができたはずだが、わざわざ通訳を招き入れて「酔ッテル時ダケ、アナタガ好キ!」と紹介するのはもちろん、“Love You When I'm Drunk”。最っ低で最高だ。文末のセット・リストを見て頂ければ分かる通り名曲連打の後半戦で、“Step With Me”も見事に歌声がフロアから上がっていた。

そういうわけで、辿り着いた“Love Today”、“We Are Golden”は、まさに凱歌のようにオーディエンスと分かち合われてしまった。可笑しかったのは、ミーカがヴォイス・パーカッションでリズム隊と激しいバトルを繰り広げて始まった“Love Today”のキメのフレーズを、ベース奏者が美声で延々と歌い続け、彼の背後でミーカが風船を割ったり、首を締めて邪魔をしても頑にやめない一幕。ノリとしてはどつき漫才である。オーディエンスが囃し立て、袖から「コノママ、マックスノ声ヲ、ズット聴イテテクダサイ」というミーカの声が響く。圧倒的な完成度でショウのドラマティックな高揚感/一体感を生み出しておきながら、まだまだイタズラ王子の一面も抜けないというか、ときどきプチ暴君と化す国王=ミーカなのであった。彼のかけがえのない王国が今後どんなふうに繁栄してゆくのか、ますます楽しみだ。(小池宏和)

01. Elle Me Dit

02. Relax, Take It Easy

03. Blue Eyes

04. Billy Brown

05. Rain

06. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

07. Origin of Love

08. Stardust

09. Underwater

10. Stuck in the Middle

11. Celebrate

12. Love You When I'm Drunk

13. Lola

14. Happy Ending

15. Step With Me

16. Grace Kelly

17. Love Today

18. We Are Golden

EN. Lollipop

Hello Blue Sky, it was sooo nice meeting you in person! and your report above is so correct I was almost faint, actually got feeling so bad, i had to sneak out for a while to survive for the following day. I had to listen to last 2-3 songs at the very end of the house, I believe i was right! I was back in good condition next morning, then headed to Osaka, and, Tah-dah, I was chosen one of Polka Dots Dancers! I was so happy, too happy to back to normal life!

I hope I'll see you again in some place where MIKA show up next.

mikatokiota

mika from tokyo

Your mistake was not mistake then! but brought you such a BIG opportunity! I am happy for you, but you now what, I am more lucky!!!

Whatever, we both had a very special moment with MIKA, we are lucky enough!

Mari Saito's blog

Profile : Louis Vuitton Japan PR & Communications Director.

http://fatale.honeyee.com/blog/msaito/

"MIKAにキム・ジョーンズのLVメンズから春夏のストールをプレゼントしたら大喜び!さっそくヘビロテになりそうな感じでした〜!"

Kim Jones's LV men's s/s2013

3000 x 4000 FULL size : http://imageshack.us/a/img547/2033/img9359j.jpg

img9359j.jpg

I'm home and I want to say couple of words.

First! I want to say a huge THANK YOU to Eriko and mikatokiota :huglove: Without both of you my travel to Japan would never happen!

Second :) I really love Japan, but Japanese fans are the craziest in this world and I really mean it :aah: At the very biggining of the show I was at the 5th row but I had to move back to about the 15th row just to save my bones :doh: But it was good because sometimes it's really better to be in the center of the crowd for you get all the energy and joy from the people around you. I jumped with people, screamed with people, danced with people. It was the most emotional Mika's show for me. I almost came to tears several times. I'm a big girl, but it was really hard not to cry and to hold myself in hands. I was very happy in the end dispite of the fact that I left the venue too early and didn't meet Mika after the show that day!

I've made a video of "Stardust", but there's something wrong with sound, sorry :blush-anim-cl: I'm uploading it now.

---

Here you are:

Stardust

26qW4l4fUmQ

---

edit: the sound is good, it was smth wrong with my computer :doh:

Edited by Mousetrap

First! I want to say a huge THANK YOU to Eriko and mikatokiota :huglove: Without both of you my travel to Japan would never happen!

Second :) I really love Japan, but Japanese fans are the craziest in this world and I really mean it :aah: At the very biggining of the show I was at the 5th row but I had to move back to about the 15th row just to save my bones :doh: But it was good because sometimes it's really better to be in the center of the crowd for you get all the energy and joy from the people around you. I jumped with people, scream with people, dance with people. It was the most emotional Mika's show for me. I almost came to tears several times. I'm a big girl, but it was really hard not to cry and to hold myself in hands. I was very happy in the end dispite of the fact that I left the venue too early and didn't meet Mika after the show that day!

I've made a video of "Stardust", but there's something wrong with sound, sorry :blush-anim-cl: I'm uploading it now.

---

Here you are:

Stardust

26qW4l4fUmQ

I am very happy that I was able to meet you and hear that you enjoyed Mika's show with crazy Japanese fans.:aah:

In Japan, His show is always like that. I hope you like it and come again here.:japan:

You're welcome Zehnya, I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed and love our country. :wub2:

Second :) I really love Japan, but Japanese fans are the craziest in this world and I really mean it :aah: At the very biggining of the show I was at the 5th row but I had to move back to about the 15th row just to save my bones :doh: But it was good because sometimes it's really better to be in the center of the crowd for you get all the energy and joy from the people around you.

Indeed !!

Crowds moved like TSUNAMI at that day. I had to run to backwards for saving my bones and camera.

I was very happy in the end dispite of the fact that I left the venue too early and didn't meet Mika after the show that day!

I was very sorry for you. :doh:

at Osaka, I tried my best to recover from your disappointment... :wink2:

I am very happy that I was able to meet you and hear that you enjoyed Mika's show with crazy Japanese fans.:aah:

In Japan, His show is always like that. I hope you like it and come again here.:japan:

I was very happy to meet you too, I'm sure I was :aah: Because I was very happy to meet all Japanese fans, really :blush-anim-cl: But can you, please specify who are you? Sorry :doh:

Flickr

I apologize for the wait... Finally I've edited and uploaded 150 pics to Flickr.:blush-anim-cl:

150 pics ! My Tokyo pics are less than I expected... :doh:Because of I couldn't take pics in crazy mosh at that time !! I was at 5th row with Mousetrap, they were shoeter than us. I thought "It's easy to take pics...:teehee:"

But, when Mika appeared to the stage, the crowd surges like TSUNAMI !! It was horrible, I felt hard pain in my chest and shoulder when somebody pushed me.

I had to move to backward.... :tears:

This is a set of my pics @ Studio Coast. Hope you like them.:bye:

8744449068_01ebf665fc_c.jpg

• Like 1