Game of Thrones Thread

Anyone of MFC watching Game of Thrones?

I can not get enough of this show!

Oh yeah. Huge Game of Thrones fan here. I missed last Sunday's episode so I have to watch it before Sunday night. I haven't read the books (I know! I know!) I am obsessed with J.R.R. Tolkien, and I have a hard time getting into other fiction/fantasy authors. Anyway, I love the show and drink from my Stark (Winter is Coming) mug every day. I'm such a dork!

I'm a huge fan, too!

Actually, I'm the fan of the books. Since the show is not on Turkish TV, it is very hard for me to catch up on every episode online! I watch them in summer, when the entire season is finished and I can watch it all in peace without waiting for the next episode :D

But I have to say that the books are way better than the series.

I love Game of Thrones!

I'm relatively new to it, a few months ago I watched the first two seasons over the course of about a week.

I just ordered the books today, so I'm excited about that! And I hope reading them will help me keep all these characters straight . . . there are so many, I keep seeing scenes and thinking "wait, who is this again?!" :doh:

My favorite characters are Daenerys, Arya, Tyrion, Brienne, and Margaery's grandmother, because of that scene where she told off Tywin! :teehee:

You two are so funny. Watching them all at once would be ideal, I have to admit. I am stuck waiting week to week, and it stinks! My favorite character is John Snow. I find him intriguing and never having read the books does allow me the fun of waiting to see what happens with him.

I'm sure the books are great. The only stuff I actually read on a regular basis are history books - the academic ones to be honest. I'm an odd bird that way I suppose.

You're right! Waiting for the new episodes should be really exciting, I guess. But since I've already finished the first four books, there is no excitement for me.

My favorite characters are Jon Snow, Daenerys and Tyrion. They are so different from the people around them, so that makes them more interesting for me! :D

You're right! Waiting for the new episodes should be really exciting, I guess. But since I've already finished the first four books, there is no excitement for me.

My favorite characters are Jon Snow, Daenerys and Tyrion. They are so different from the people around them, so that makes them more interesting for me! :D

You've clearly read the books because you knew how to spell Jon Snow. I spelled it "John." :blink: Whoops!!

You've clearly read the books because you knew how to spell Jon Snow. I spelled it "John." :blink: Whoops!!

I want to read the books, but I worry that if i do it will ruin the series for me. It drives me mad when they don't stick to the source material. Maybe once the tv series ends I will read the novels.

I want to read the books, but I worry that if i do it will ruin the series for me. It drives me mad when they don't stick to the source material. Maybe once the tv series ends I will read the novels.

That's not a bad idea actually. Friends have said that the show sticks close to the books but there's just a lot more adult content in the show than the books.

That's not a bad idea actually. Friends have said that the show sticks close to the books but there's just a lot more adult content in the show than the books.

I've heard that they tend to add unnecessary scenes to the tv series. And apparently they are doing the Theon Greyjoy scenes a bit off

I'm sorry, but I just can't bring myself to watch a series where they would cut Sean Bean's head off :shocked:

I might get round to the books though :naughty:

Fair enough! I just love the show though, I must admit. It's pretty much Mika and GofT for me. Maybe I need to get out more?!

I've heard that they tend to add unnecessary scenes to the tv series. And apparently they are doing the Theon Greyjoy scenes a bit off

I've heard the same. There is a lot of sex in the series, and many have said that this stuff isn't in the books. It doesn't bother me, probably because I haven't read the books.

I've heard the same. There is a lot of sex in the series, and many have said that this stuff isn't in the books. It doesn't bother me, probably because I haven't read the books.

The series sometimes takes the sex too far (can't believe it just said that:naughty:), it does feel unnecessary sometime.

The series sometimes takes the sex too far (can't believe it just said that:naughty:), it does feel unnecessary sometime.

I know. I've felt the same way at times, which I too find strange sounding coming from ME! The sex doesn't offend me, but sometimes they have it just to have it. At least give it a purpose, you know? Otherwise, I really like the series. :)

I love this programme, I loved Season 1 and 2 and am a few episodes behind in Season 3.

The sex scenes are a bit heavy occasionally, but otherwise I see why they happen. I would NEVER watch it with my parents:shocked:

My favourite character is Aria and on another note, why don't I have dragons?:tears:

I love this programme, I loved Season 1 and 2 and am a few episodes behind in Season 3.

The sex scenes are a bit heavy occasionally, but otherwise I see why they happen. I would NEVER watch it with my parents:shocked:

My favourite character is Aria and on another note, why don't I have dragons?:tears:

I understand some sex scenes, but others are just added in to draw in audiences.

Aria is excellent although she's pretty dark this season. But given what she's dealt with, I can see why. I've enjoyed season 3 a lot. I really enjoy the character development this season. And I'm a bit freaked out that the characters I loved most in the first season are now some of my least favorite and the same is true for those characters I disliked originally. I'm so confused!!! :doh:

I love the show and look forward to it every week. I think we're down to only a few episodes for season 3. Then we have to wait an entire year. A year! That's insane!

I SO dig her. :naughty::naughty:

Whereas I go for Jon Snow

But Tyrion is the funniest

and Daenerys bores me. All the guys at work find her character very interesting though :mf_rosetinted:

I've only seen series one though, not having Sky and the blu-ray having only just been released. But I'm on book 4 part 1

I understand some sex scenes, but others are just added in to draw in audiences.

I completely agree!:wink2:

Aria is excellent although she's pretty dark this season. But given what she's dealt with, I can see why. I've enjoyed season 3 a lot. I really enjoy the character development this season. And I'm a bit freaked out that the characters I loved most in the first season are now some of my least favorite and the same is true for those characters I disliked originally. I'm so confused!!! :doh:

I love the show and look forward to it every week. I think we're down to only a few episodes for season 3. Then we have to wait an entire year. A year! That's insane!

I know, so I'm kind of glad I'm still a bit behind. I'm going to savour those last few episodes:teehee:

You know nothing Jon Snow :mf_rosetinted:

I love her and her accent!

I hate Joffrey:mf_rosetinted:

Whereas I go for Jon Snow

But Tyrion is the funniest

and Daenerys bores me. All the guys at work find her character very interesting though :mf_rosetinted:

I've only seen series one though, not having Sky and the blu-ray having only just been released. But I'm on book 4 part 1

Tyrion is a hoot and a half for sure. And I missed last night's episode; went to bed really early. So I get to catch up with it this evening. :) I am itching to find out what's going to happen with Jon Snow. I WANT him to be a good guy.

Tyrion is a hoot and a half for sure. And I missed last night's episode; went to bed really early. So I get to catch up with it this evening. :) I am itching to find out what's going to happen with Jon Snow. I WANT him to be a good guy.

Tyrion is really good in this weeks episode. :aah:

Tyrion is really good in this weeks episode. :aah:

You're killing me!!! I've grown fond of him lately so I can't wait to see what's up with him (and Sansa) this week!!! I kinda like having to catch up. Gives me something to look forward to ... the episode I missed plus the one coming up!