Game of Thrones Thread

So i recently finished season one :wub2: i loved it, it's kind of the perfect show for me!

comments:

-hate Joffrey & love Tyrion, so glad to see i'm not the only one :naughty:

-love our sigil, thanks Laura!

-i choose to think Mika fights for Gryffindor, not the Lannisters

i'd like to read the books but i don't want show spoilers so i got dl'ed a sample of the first book, thought that would ease me in nicely.

one question: does the first season = the first book, the second season = the second book, and so on? I mean, like with the show True Blood, each season follows one book so you can read first book and it won't spoil the 2nd season.

So i recently finished season one :wub2: i loved it, it's kind of the perfect show for me!

comments:

-hate Joffrey & love Tyrion, so glad to see i'm not the only one :naughty:

-love our sigil, thanks Laura!

-i choose to think Mika fights for Gryffindor, not the Lannisters

i'd like to read the books but i don't want show spoilers so i got dl'ed a sample of the first book, thought that would ease me in nicely.

one question: does the first season = the first book, the second season = the second book, and so on? I mean, like with the show True Blood, each season follows one book so you can read first book and it won't spoil the 2nd season.

The first and second season line up with the first and second book, but the third book is being split up between the third and upcoming fourth season. There are a couple points where the show has moved a bit forward, meaning some stuff from book three was in season two, and some stuff in season three is revealed in book five. So if anything, the show is spoiling the books! :aah:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest steveparish

I'm so behind on Game of Thrones.

I bought and started the first season right when the second season started on TV, and now as I'm about to buy the second season for my wife and I, the third one is going to be on TV.

NEED TO CATCH UP

• 2 weeks later...

[YOUTUBE]uKboLTwzFTs&[/YOUTUBE]

Jack Gleeson talks about his role as Joffery Baratheon in Game of Thrones but goes on to talk about his dislike for the 'celebrity culture' that comes with the fame of acting in such a successful show.

Filmed on Wednesday 27th November 2013

There's a partial transcript in this site

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2014/01/jack-gleeson-king-joffrey-from-game-of-thrones-rants-about-celebrity-culture-and-its-vapidity.html

Edited by BiaIchihara

• 2 months later...
Only five more days until season four! Who's excited? :excite:

This "Honest Trailer" is hilarious . . . but spoilery through the first three seasons.

[YOUTUBE]SVaD8rouJn0[/YOUTUBE]

This cracked me up! :floor: Totally honest! Except for the fact I remember the names, why shouldn't I? It's like a history test, but with dragons, and b bs! :aah:

"Dada dada dada... God that sounds cool!" --> I still do it every time

You can tell I'm excited! Have you read the books too?

Btw, I just discovered this thread... God I love MFC more and more everyday!

30rslmt.jpg

Edited by Log lady

This cracked me up! :floor: Totally honest! Except for the fact I remember the names, why shouldn't I? It's like a history test, but with dragons, and b bs! :aah:

"Dada dada dada... God that sounds cool!" --> I still do it every time

You can tell I'm excited! Have you read the books too?

Btw, I just discovered this thread... God I love MFC more and more everyday!

Yeah, I read the books last summer and loved them! I know everyone's name now, but before reading the books I was like that trailer "wait, who is that? isn't that the same guy?" :aah:

And I'm super excited for the show now, because I know what's going to happen! Episode twoooooooo! (That's not a spoiler, since you don't know what it is I'm looking forward to!) :naughty:

Yeah, I read the books last summer and loved them! I know everyone's name now, but before reading the books I was like that trailer "wait, who is that? isn't that the same guy?" :aah:

And I'm super excited for the show now, because I know what's going to happen! Episode twoooooooo! (That's not a spoiler, since you don't know what it is I'm looking forward to!) :naughty:

Yes, the same guy who has an entire chapter on the book has one minute on screen and then disappears for several episodes, no wonder people get confused! :naughty:

So "the pigeon pie" is going to happen on episode 2? :wink2: I only hope Martin "doesn't eat himself to death" because I can't wait to read The Winds of Winter! Here is a chapter recently released, in case you haven't read it http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerpt-from-the-winds-of-winter/

Though I'm not enthusiastic about it, honestly. Let me know what you think :wink2:

Edited by Log lady

Yes, the same guy who has an entire chapter on the book has one minute on screen and then disappears for several episodes, no wonder people get confused! :naughty:

So "the pigeon pie" is going to happen on episode 2? :wink2: I only hope Martin "doesn't eat himself to death" because I can't wait to read The Winds of Winter! Here is a chapter recently released, in case you haven't read it http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerpt-from-the-winds-of-winter/

Though I'm not enthusiastic about it, honestly. Let me know what you think :wink2:

Yes . . . :drinks_wine::partytime2:

I did read that, and will share my thoughts in light blue text so people who aren't reading the books can easily skip over it without getting spoiled . . .

Arya is one of my favorite characters, so I'm always more interested in her chapters, but I don't like the faceless men, so I don't like where her story has been going. Mainly because they had made her blind, that really bothered me. Anyway, I liked that she got to kill one of the guys on her list, even though it was kind of gross the way she lured him in. I'm not really bothered by the underage sexuality and talk of rape, though I understand why a lot of people are.

Yes . . . :drinks_wine::partytime2:

I did read that, and will share my thoughts in light blue text so people who aren't reading the books can easily skip over it without getting spoiled . . .

Yes! My thoughts exactly! I really hope her storyline will move forward in a totally different way, I used to love her chapters

I guess all we can do is settle for the episodes while waiting!

Elwendyn, if Mika is a Lannister he always pays his debts! So give us the album already!! :mikadas:

Edited by Log lady

Elwendyn, if Mika is a Lannister he always pays his debts! So give us the album already!! :mikadas:

I prefer no album than a Lannisterish Mika. :shun::aah:

The sole good Lannister can't be taller than one metre...

Btw I watched the honest trailer.

No, no, nope, no clue, hu hu, doesn't ring a bell. :teehee: Indeed.

I prefer no album than a Lannisterish Mika. :shun::aah:

The sole good Lannister can't be taller than one metre...

They would make the perfect pair of brothers, very resemblant! Picture them, the Imp and the two-meters Only Lonely Man! :naughty:

• 2 weeks later...

4x02: IT WAS AWESOME.

Any thoughts? I think they've made a little too obvious who's guilty. Beside that, I loved the episode. I just wish they'd develop more Jaime's character (one of my absolute favourites), as it's done in the books. He's not as relatable if they don't clarify what is (and has been) behind his actions.

Edited by Log lady

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is deader than the Starks, but . . .

I spent way too much time today making this graphic for my own amusement and thought others here might get a kick out of it.  :naughty:

:lmfao: I love it!!!!

This one is for nerds only, it's one of my favourite: 

Vamers-Fandom-Its-My-Spot-Sheldon-Cooper

• Like 1

I know this thread is deader than the Starks, but . . .

I spent way too much time today making this graphic for my own amusement and thought others here might get a kick out of it.  :naughty:

476345_original.png

:lmfao: Can i share it on my FB?