Game of Thrones Thread

Well I won't give away the theory as I wouldn't want to spoil it for you, if it's true.

Basically, the thought is that Ned Stark isn't Jon's father. He lied to protect someone else.

I'm glad you like those lyrics. We could do with completing the song. Mika is singing it of course, as a GoT character

I was born in the North where the sun doesn't shine

Far away from King's Landing where Queen Cerci drinks wine

I am good with a sword, well how hard could it be?

Pray every day in the godswood by the old Wierwood tree

Someone else might think of more. I love what has been written so far, especially about not trusting Walder Frey.

Love this part! ;)

Here is another :)

Sold my sword, broke my vows, tell me what did I get?

Killed for you, lied for you, why don't you pay your debt?

Oh could you behead me?

I'm not even guilty

You should be realising

That winter is coming

Love this part! ;)

Here is another :)

Sold my sword, broke my vows, tell me what did I get?

Killed for you, lied for you, why don't you pay your debt?

Oh could you behead me?

I'm not even guilty

You should be realising

That winter is coming

Love the lyrics

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my goodness what  a great episode!

I think the best bit was seeing what Melisandre really looks like. I'm 61 and I look better than her! I must get a necklace like hers. It can do wonders for you.

I got tears in my eyes when Sansa and Brianne made their alliance at last. Sansa needs her. She wouldn't last a day without her.

I want to see Ghost kill all those at Castle Black, who murdered Jon Snow. Any that ghost doesn't kill, the whitewalkers can kill them later.

I think it was a brilliant episode to start the new season. 

Yeah the episode was greaaaat! I also thought for a seconde that ramsey might have some feelings during the scene with myranda but then I realised he was just as crazy as always... I'm still have hope for Jon, they didn't burn his body yet so... :P however may ghost and the walkers or even the wildlings avenge him

I'm a bit worried about poor Drogon. He was injured at the end of last season after flying Danareys out of Mareen. I think though, that he'll recover and go after Danareys so she can escape the Dothraki people. I think there is some good stuff coming up. I saw a preview where Tyrion goes to see the two dragons that Danareys had locked up. I think they'll make friends with him. I'd love to see Tyrion riding a dragon all the way back to Kings Landing.

It's all good stuff.

I read that Melisandre is actually 400 years old and that she has changed her appearance by something called, Glamour Magic. The faceless men use it too, to change their appearance and Arya has been learning it at The House of Black and White to change hers. I feel so sorry for her, being blind, but she was getting to be far too ruthless. I'm hoping her blindness is temporary, and a way for her to learn valuable lessons.

I was re-watching some episodes and saw the one where we first see the Whitewalkers in their full horrifying glory.

I realized that, as well as Promiseland (which we all picked up on) there is another Mika song that is perfect for G0T.

Here is my version. I'm sure you'll agree this song is appropriate for Mika fighting the Whitewalkers and their undead army.

My heart is banging

To my surprise

I see dead people

With blue eyes!

They're walking corpses

That's understood

Do ya think I should leg-it

I think I should

Whitewalkers are so perculiar

They come with the dead and they just want to kill ya

I take a sword hoping that it will kill one

Then I find out the steel is not Valarian

I'm running from blue eyes,

Blue eyes,

What a clatter clatter

Blue eyes

Blue eyes

Wish they'd shatter shatter

So scared

So scared

What's the matter matter?

Blue eyes

Blue eyes

Winter's coming for you.

While I am running

I see, on the ground,

Some shards of dragon glass

Just lying around

And now my spirits

Begin to lift

It seems that Drogon

Has left me a gift

Whtewalkers are so perculiar

But with dragon glass I am gonna slay ya

Drogon is so, now the perfect dragon for me

It is time he met Amira and Melachi

I'm talking about

Blue eyes blue eyes

What's the matter matter

Blue eyes

Blue eyes

See them shatter shatter

Kill them

Kill them

What a clatter clatter

Blue eyes

Blue eyes

There's no winter for me.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 1

It seems like I'm the only one posting on this thread. That's a shame because last night the episode was brilliant

John Snow is alive!

Bran is starting his visions of the past that will result in the reveal about JS parents.

It's a shame there arn't a lot more fans on here. I think there would be if the show was available to view in other ways except just HBO and Sky Atlantic.

I was re-watching some episodes and saw the one where we first see the Whitewalkers in their full horrifying glory.

I realized that, as well as Promiseland (which we all picked up on) there is another Mika song that is perfect for G0T.

Here is my version. I'm sure you'll agree this song is appropriate for Mika fighting the Whitewalkers and their undead army.

My heart is banging

To my surprise

I see dead people

With blue eyes!

They're walking corpses

That's understood

Do ya think I should leg-it

I think I should

Whitewalkers are so perculiar

They come with the dead and they just want to kill ya

I take a sword hoping that it will kill one

Then I find out the steel is not Valarian

I'm running from blue eyes,

Blue eyes,

What a clatter clatter

Blue eyes

Blue eyes

Wish they'd shatter shatter

So scared

So scared

What's the matter matter?

Blue eyes

Blue eyes

Winter's coming for you.

While I am running

I see, on the ground,

Some shards of dragon glass

Just lying around

And now my spirits

Begin to lift

It seems that Drogon

Has left me a gift

Whtewalkers are so perculiar

But with dragon glass I am gonna slay ya

Drogon is so, now the perfect dragon for me

It is time he met Amira and Melachi

I'm talking about

Blue eyes blue eyes

What's the matter matter

Blue eyes

Blue eyes

See them shatter shatter

Kill them

Kill them

What a clatter clatter

Blue eyes

Blue eyes

There's no winter for me.

I agree this song is really appropriate!!

I didn't have the time to post because of my exam but I was going to come to share my happiness with you!! Finally he is back! This is such a relief. I can't wait to know the truth about Jon's parent and what he is going to do with Thorne and the rest. Also I expect that now that Jon is back HBO will give us an epic bastard's battle!

I wish you luck with your exams. I'm sure you have passed. I always forget that at this time of year, young people have their exams. I wish good luck to all on this site who are taking their exams.

Yes, I read about The Battle of the Bastards. They were going to call it Snowdown, but they can't because Ramsay has been legitimized now and has the true family name of Bolton.

He's an evil psycho! Murdering his stepmum and her baby by setting his dogs on them. I didn't mind him killing Roose though. The old so-and-so deserved it, for what he did at The Red Wedding.

Also, I loved the scene where my little Tyrion made friends with the dragons! It was so moving.

This new series is turning out to be classic in many ways. I can't wait for the reveal about John Snow's parents. and the moment when he opened his eyes and took the first breath, must have caused a cheer around the world.

I really think it's time GoT was available on a more accessible channel. I'm sure it would get millions more fans if it was. 

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Thank you :) it's not completely over I still have a week of exam *exhausted*

Anyway I saw the teaser of next episode and it looks like it's gonna be epic! Can't wait!

I'm sure if it was more available everyone would like it! But I don't think HBO will let the series to another channel

About Roose watching him die made me happy *what goes around comes around* but on the other way It gives TOO much power to Ramsey... And when you know Ramsey you don't want him to have power! ^^

Then Theon's uncle makes me think of the Ramsey of the Iron Island, he seems to be a psycho too! Can't wait to see what they are going to do with him.

This episode was great! And the scene at the Tower of joy was so exciting! We are starting to have all the pieces about the theory of Jon's parents I'm so excited!! Looking forward to have the final word of what happened there. And Allister Thorne and all the rest finally had wad they deserved. Even if I was a little bit sad that Olly hated that much Jon :( by the way I was glad to see Jon having an important place on the show again! There is so many things that are happening my head is going to blow! I'm so afraid for Rickon!! But maybe it's going to be the reason that makes Jon marches on Winterfell soon? We will see...

And I have the feeling that Cersei and Jaime are planning something terrible *gloups* ... And about Daenerys It's starting to be boring I hope that Drogon will show up soon and take her out of here :P

Anyway looking forward for next episode :D

I agree about Daenerys storyline. The sooner she's away from The Dosh Kaleen (and anything to do with the Dothraki) the better it will be. Her absence also leaves Tyrion and Varys at a loose end in Mareen. Untill she comes back there is nothing much for them to do.Tyrion can be funny sometimes, but last night the comedy seemed forced, as a way of filling in some time in the episode.

I too am woried about Rickon, being held prisoner by that sadist Ramsay. I hope Jon Snow comes soon to save him.

I'm thankful Arya can see again. If I was her, I'd give that other nasty waif-girl a good thrashing. She deserves it!

They were saying, on Thronecast, that they don't believe Arya has really put her own identity aside. I also don't believe she has. I think, at some point, she'll get Needle out from under the rocks, and go on her own quest again, but with all her new skills that she has learned at The House Of Black And White.

I'm loving the Bran Vision Storyline. He's nearing the truth at last. I can't wait. That part where young Ned seemed to hear him call, indicates that maybe Bran can actually influence the past. Perhaps even change it. I'm not sure that would be a good thing though. I don't think I'd like to think that the story that we've followed, with it's complexities and shocks and bereavements, might be rendered moot, if Bran can influence the past events. I'd much sooner see the story move forward, not back. But the visions of Jon's origins is a good thing. It will mean that Jon is royalty, as he should be.

Not one of the best episodes, but certainly good for filling in some of the stories and moving things along. At least the people who killed Jon, got their just deserts

I'm also a little bit afraid that Jon leaves before sansa comes.. so close to have two stark together (well a stark and a snow but you know what I mean) and yet we may not have it. It would be so frustrating..

I've read the same thing about Arya I do believe she will not stay there forever, she has much more to do. I loved the way they show her evolution. I guess she can go by herself and kick some ass right now :P hoping that jaqen hagar won't mind if she leaves though

I found a continuity error in one of the episodes in Season 4 It might be in episode 7 or 8. Can't quite remember which.

It's where Melisandre is in a bathtub, and Stannis's wife comes in to talk to her. She isn't wearing her necklace, and yet hasn't turned back into the old hag.

Has anyone else noticed that mistake?

Obviously they hadn't thought the storyline through at that point. But I know Melisandre is old in the books.

I've noticed it as many people. I first thought it was a mistake but then I've seen on the Internet many explaination about it. Lots of them say that maybe the necklace isn't the only thing that keeps her young. Another explaination is that during this scene when you see the face of Stannis's wife you guess that she is seeing something like if she was seeing melissandre as an old woman but the illusion of a pretty young woman was still there for the spectator. And I've seen that a few years ago Carice who plays Melissandre has mentioned that maybe Melissandre may be older than she looks so I don't think this is really a mistake :)

I watched the episode last night! Brilliant!

I got so emotional seeing Jon and Sansa meet again after so long. Sansa suddenly seems to have found her courage! This is great. Everything is shaping up very nicely in the North of Westeros. It's going to be so exciting!!

Then the part with Daenarys and the fire! I didn't see that coming at all. When she was standing in the tent and they were giving her no respect, yet she just stood there, so cool. I wondered what she was planning? Then she pushed the braziers over and burned everyone, but of course, not her flame-retardant self! It was a stunning scene, even without a dragon in sight. I think it was also an important scene, in terms of showing her power. She doesn't always need the dragons around her. She can manage brilliantly without them, but they add to her power when they are there.

It was a really good episode. 

I was so happy to see Jon and Sansa, I was so afraid that he leaves before she comes. Anyway we gonna have some great fight soon! In the North, in king's Landing and in Westeros. And Daenerys gonna my get interesting again I'm looking forward to see what she's gonna do with her great new army of dothraki.

I was so happy to see Jon and Sansa, I was so afraid that he leaves before she comes. Anyway we gonna have some great fight soon! In the North, in king's Landing and in Westeros. And Daenerys gonna my get interesting again I'm looking forward to see what she's gonna do with her great new army of dothraki.

Yes, me too. There are thousands of Dathraki warriors and they really kick-ass. So here's a version of Kick Ass, in her honour.

Chorus

They are vast

They are strong

With Daenarys is where they belong

They are cool

They arrrrrrre free

They'll kick-ass when they go 'cross the sea.

She will rule the world

On a silver platter

From the north to the south lands

From the sea to sea

She will take the throne

She will make it better

When she invades Westeros

With the Dothraki

She'll be the Queen

And I'm sure Mika

Would agree

Chorus

They will know all about her

And her fire-breathing dragons they'll see

And with Tyrion there by her side

She'll be ruling completely flame free.

Chorus

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

I watched last night episode (I did watch it when the episode leaked shame I couldn't wait ^^) and this episode hurted my feelings. The last five minutes reduced me to tears.. I mean summer's death :'( :'( it looks like this season isn't good for the wolves.. and we finally know why hodor is hodor! But his death was horrible too. Even if he wasn't the most important character he was so kind and now without him and summer I don't know what bran will do

I watched the episode. I don't know what George RR Martin has against those wolves. I think only Ghost is left of the original 6 that were born in episode one.

It was nail biting stuff at the end with the Whitewalkers attacking Bran and his friends. At last we know how poor Hodor got to be Hodor. It was so sad. I think Bran will feel very guilty about it, but it may make him become more careful of how he uses his power. He can obviously influence the events he is viewing in his visions and that's not necessarily a good thing. 

Sansa has become a much stronger female character. Before the recent episodes, she had kind-of been left behind by the other females, as the Damsel in Distress. But now, even though she is a lady, she has grown a pair at last.

Everything is moving along nicely. I'm loving this 6th season!

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Yes gost is the only one alive. But we don't know what happened to arya's wolf in season 1 when the Wolf escaped. So somewhere in the wild there is another wolf. And bran's wolf death made me think : summer dies, winter is coming. Like if the death of the wolf was a parallelism with what is happening in the show. By the way we know the origin of white walkers too!

Anyway I love the way they lead this season. But i'm realising we are in the middle of season 6 this is quiet sad..

Edited by Narimène

Arya's wolf Nymeria hasn't been mentioned on the show since she ran off, but in the books she's leader of a huge wolf pack that is ruling the Riverlands! 

The ending with Hodor absolutely broke my heart. I was openly sobbing, for I think the first time with this show!  

Edited by Poisonyoulove

Arya's wolf Nymeria hasn't been mentioned on the show since she ran off, but in the books she's leader of a huge wolf pack that is ruling the Riverlands! 

The ending with Hodor absolutely broke my heart. I was openly sobbing, for I think the first time with this show!  

Brienne is heading to the rRverlands to find allies. Maybe she'll run into Nymeria. I hope we see Arya's wolf again soon.

I'm going to miss Hodor. He was so sweet and loyal. I did read a rumour about who will be the protector of Bran and Meera, now that Hodor is gone. I'll only say who it is if you want me to. It's only a rumour, but I hope it's true.