Mika @ Seoul Jazz Festival 17 May 2013 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

Blue Sky

This belongs here!

hamelmusic Wouter Hamel

Wow! @mikasounds ' show kicked serious ass! Good on ya Mika! pic.twitter.com/6ZiyeGDpUn

BKdybmECcAMIM-6.jpg

:wub2:

I think he's talking about the pic. That is the pic 2

and this is the pic 1

Definitely :naughty:

The stage, pic from @hyunjuuuuuu

b6646d1abef111e28f2522000a9f148e_7.jpg

Look, how many people in the choir :blink::aah:

Edited by eugenio

Definitely :naughty:

The stage, pic from @hyunjuuuuuu

b6646d1abef111e28f2522000a9f148e_7.jpg

Look, how many people in the choir :blink::aah:

They are professional choirs, not fans. heard that they prepared this for a month..

I loved that but crowds sung all the choir parts so couldnt listen their voice:naughty:

I already posted that photo above, Alice, is it not showing up for you? :blink:

Here's a post-show tweet that has me all excited!

from @mikasounds

@hamelmusic so we are about to sing in this empty bar now that the piano singer has finally stopped. Stop smoking and let's get on with it

I can scarcely believe it! What's so funny is in Reykjavik, Biekje asked Mika if he would ever sing with Wouter and he said, "No!" :naughty:

from @mikasounds

@hamelmusic so we are about to sing in this empty bar now that the piano singer has finally stopped. Stop smoking and let's get on with it

I can scarcely believe it! What's so funny is in Reykjavik, Biekje asked Mika if he would ever sing with Wouter and he said, "No!" :naughty:

OK, thanx Deb. Your pic is better.

In my haste to catch up w/MIKA I missed it.

About singing in the empty bar,

I'd sure like to be a fly on that wall!

This belongs here!

hamelmusic Wouter Hamel

Wow! @mikasounds ' show kicked serious ass! Good on ya Mika! pic.twitter.com/6ZiyeGDpUn

BKdybmECcAMIM-6.jpg

:wub2:

from @mikasounds

I can't stop smiling since I saw this picture in the afternoon... :wub2::wub2::wub2: And Mika's tweet about them singing together. :shocked: Have had this dream for sooooo long! And I know I'm not the only one. :mikalove:

Who knows...under the right circumstances (like now =) ) they'd probably do a song together. Awww!

About the show: What I've seen so far looks pretty impressive. :thumb_yello: I definitely need to do a Mika show in Seoul on day. Need to put this on my to do list. :)

from @mikasounds

Why not?

I can't stop smiling since I saw this picture in the afternoon... :wub2::wub2::wub2: And Mika's tweet about them singing together. :shocked: Have had this dream for sooooo long! And I know I'm not the only one. :mikalove:

Who knows...under the right circumstances (like now =) ) they'd probably do a song together. Awww!

About the show: What I've seen so far looks pretty impressive. :thumb_yello: I definitely need to do a Mika show in Seoul on day. Need to put this on my to do list. :)

Totally agree with you on all accounts :wub2:

Hi!

This is my first post!

I was there last night.

The show was absolutely amazing.

I'm super stoked, so I can't sleep until now (it's 5:30 in the morning in Korea)

Here's the set list (in random order)

1. Elle me dit

2. Relax

3. Love you when I'm drunk

4. Rain

5. Stardust

6. Billy brown

7. Big girl

8. Stuck in the middle

9. Happy ending

10. Popular song

11. Blue eyes

12. Origin of love

13. We are golden

14. Lola

15. Grace kelly

16. Underwater

17. Love today

18. Step with me

19. Lollipop

D1JvW

JazDI

(Sorry for the poor pic quality)

The Olympic Gymnastics Arena has a 15000-seat capacity, it was crowded with people.

MIKA looked a little tired at first but came alive immediately :)

All the audience jumped and sang along with him throughout the show.

Yes, we were crazy! I also sang every single song, so my voice got hoarse.

He looked stoked, came down into the audience!!! OMG!!!

He also told us "you guys are f****** nice!"

Wow. Just wow!!!

MIKA said "This is Curtis Stansfield's first visit to Korea"

and then he told Curtis that "I'd like to introduce MY FRIENDS(pointing at us) to you"

He referred to us as "MY FRIENDS"

It was such a touching moment!

It was my first ever MIKA concert, THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!

I'll never forget.

Thank you MIKA & Band members for the great show!!!

There will be about 6 million videos of this show from today onwards, have a look at that crowd! :shocked:

Happy Ending

[YOUTUBE]JhSBhcb0njI[/YOUTUBE]

Origin of Love

The choir and their music :shocked:

[YOUTUBE]OQytmSGjzsM[/YOUTUBE]

Rain

[YOUTUBE]YuPdh6Cm4_A[/YOUTUBE]

I do believe I haven't heard him mess up the lyrics of OOL before :fisch:

Hm... I'm bothered by the music sheets. They make it look a lot less lively. Surely the music and lyrics aren't that difficult, even if the arrangement is more elaborate than with the average polka dot choir. And music sheets never help a performance because a choir pays less attention to their conductor (in this case Mika) if they're looking at their music instead. It seemed the audience responded better to his conducting than the choir :sneaky2: But they do sound great :wub2:

Is the drummer new? Max seems to be giving him instructions on what to do at the 'Latin' part.

Apart from all the criticism, I do think the performance looks amazing. Happy for everyone who was there :thumb_yello:

I do believe I haven't heard him mess up the lyrics of OOL before :fisch:

Hm... I'm bothered by the music sheets. They make it look a lot less lively. Surely the music and lyrics aren't that difficult, even if the arrangement is more elaborate than with the average polka dot choir. And music sheets never help a performance because a choir pays less attention to their conductor (in this case Mika) if they're looking at their music instead. It seemed the audience responded better to his conducting than the choir :sneaky2: But they do sound great :wub2:

Is the drummer new? Max seems to be giving him instructions on what to do at the 'Latin' part.

Apart from all the criticism, I do think the performance looks amazing. Happy for everyone who was there :thumb_yello:

He messed up Origin in Montreal and yes, new drummer, don't know his name:thumb_yello: