2013 - Mika @ Seoul Jazz Festival 17 May - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

Blue Sky

Just got myself together after dreamy 1 week. Today Back to work and just got home. Yes. the reality came to me again.

I already wrote long report in Korean, won't be easy but will try to translate it in English here. I know it will be kinda awkward with my broken English (oh well In Korean it was quite good :naughty:) I just want to leave something in English, and share my feeling and emotions with all my dear fellow Mika fans here...

I remember the moment when I first ever had Mika's very first gig in Seoul. At that time I was just 1 month fan who just started to like his music. Didn't know much about him, nor how he performs on stage.

After that concert, I thought like, That musician on that stage I just met on that night in small theatre is, just once-a-lifetime true musician who can share his energy and love with all audience there. And thought, I would do everything I can do, to see that musician just once per year in Korea. And thought, how amazing it would be, if this treasure artist could perform in The Olympic gymnastics stadium, the biggest indoor concert hall in Korea? That venue is only ever allowded to top place popstars - Beyonce, Muse, Maroon 5, only those three. And only Top-Class Kpop stars , like SNSD, DBSK can fill up the venue. so at that time 2009, Mika playing there was just like a dreamworld thing to me.

2013, just after 4 years after that unforgettable moment, my dream just come true, in a way that couldn't be more successful than this.

Actually I was a bit worried when first heard he's going to play in that dream venue. It was a music festival, and ppl said this years musician line-up of that festival is best ever. When Mika plays on that arena, Jazz legend Ramsey Lewis and Philip Bailey was set to play in Main outdoor stage and they were called 'true headliner' on that Jazz festival. And just few miles from that venue, at the same day, same time, Jason Mraz, undoubtly the most beloved popstar in Korea plays in another outdoor place. So I was quiet a bit worried, cuz I didn't want to show empty spaces to my favorite musician whom I loved more than I can say. So awkwadly, during other artists play there, sometimes I looked back to find out how many empty seats are filled. I was like a Fool...honestly...

It was just a Big-Match day for musicians. And you know what? All Press said on their news said, Our Mika was the Final winner on that crazy day.

After the former band played, Ppl came into the venue like a surge, from every opened gate. 3rd floor seats were filled like swept by crowds flood. On twitter, I got a message that no one should get out of the dome to go toilet or drink, cuz that venue is already out of capacity because of Mika, if go out the securities won't let them in. Securities all over that festival park were urgently gathered into the dome , talking into their radio, warn each other that too many ppl are rushing into the venue to see Mika. Oh my gosh, I was so nervous, and filled with so much emotions to see and hear that. It was not my gig, but I was awkwadly like that. you know what, on that night, I realized from whole body that my lifetime favorite musician became the top-class popstar who can fill this dream venue in whole tension.

Who dare grumbled he's playing in festival not his own gig? God, I could hear that ppl around me says like they had never seen this arena THAT FULL, being wowed and stunned, looking around every corner of this huge dome arena.

The gig was like, looking up my long time friend finally become greatest star in the world. It was just surreal. On twitter timeline, messages like 'oh sh*t this huge dome is shaking all over!' or 'is Mika kind of leader of some crazy new religious group?' were retweeted. 12,000 ppl all seem to know all of his songs. All were crazily reacted on his every gestures, talks, and small movements, like Mika was the God who can save them from their reality. When I hear 12,000 ppl singing lines of Stardust it was like a heaven it was sublime. When I jumped and scream with whole those ppl, from standing and seat of 3rd floor everyone 'We are not what you think you are', I thought I could die like this.

On that day, I could realize again that why I started to addict to this magical guy. And why this man is exceptional only one in this world. I was so proud to see him become one of most loved western popstar in my home country. So proud to see many Korean celebs visit this dome to just see Mika. It is truely an honor and I'm so lucky to see this career in small theatre and to this. Lifetime unforgettable moment.

I cried a bit when he sang 'Seoul, when will I see you again' and end the song Stardust. Yes.. as he said, maybe I have to wait for countless days to see him again here, maybe he never visit here again, 8,000 km from his home. Because I know I only could see him just once a year if I'm lucky enough, every moment of his Seoul concert is precious ever in my life.

My lifetime moment, wont forget that as long as I live.

PS : We didn't prepare any surprise this time. It was a festival so on that day Mika was not only for all Mika addicted crowds, but for more broad music fans. We know that we don't need to show up something to help him remember us living in tiny corner of the world any more, we don't need to spread paper plane & toilet paper vids to introduce Mika to random ppl on internet forums.

I didn't ask any autograph to him this time. I don't need to be greedy any more. I was just happy and full of heart to only concentrate on him and his music on that day..

Sorry for insanely long report full of all personal thoughts. If just several ppl reads this one-hour tooken report, I'll be so happy with that :wub2: I'm so proud to see my English that improved enough to be able to write this long report in English after 4 years in MFC world. :blush-anim-cl:

WOW! Fantastic report! :huglove:

Thank you for sweet messages and words everyone here :wub2:

without all of you... I couldnt stay this Mika world for that long time...

Edited by Yuna

yu na wrote perfect report. here mika new photo! i think korea Elle ver.

enjoy it! dressed up korean traditional clothes "hanbok"

485526_514968621896429_1842481828_n.jpg[/img]

Thanks a lot for posting !!

Do you know about which issue Mika will be on KOREAN ELLE ?

I've searched it... but couldn't find it.

http://www.elle.co.kr/main.asp

I found out a net shop in Japan.

http://shop.k-plaza.com/shopdetail/036001000525/

Thanks a lot for posting !!

Do you know about which issue Mika will be on KOREAN ELLE ?

I've searched it... but couldn't find it.

http://www.elle.co.kr/main.asp

I found out a net shop in Japan.

http://shop.k-plaza.com/shopdetail/036001000525/

I heard to fan. she said , heard to photographer "publish on July~" :wink2:

already some korean fans searching on June. :mikadas:

Edited by laymay kang

Was this aimed at me? Because I haven't even commented on their singing as I haven't watched any videos. I was just curious.

No, it wasn't. :naughty:

Yuna.

Beautiful report, and how wonderful we could share a smaller gig standing side by side together before this MASSIVE gig in Seoul.:aah:

Mikaholix Korea have done so much work to get Mika known and noticed in Korea, you should all be so proud of yourselves. It looks like an amazing gig.

Was it as big as Parc des Princes? Bigger? And everyone singing along, just wonderful :wub2:

Laymay, great to meet you and your friends too:thumb_yello:

And thank everyone for sharing all the great videos

:mikalove:

We know the show in Korea must have been amazing! :aah:

BKdc-BuCcAENz-e.jpg

Tell us everything here!:thumb_yello:

========

REPORTS

========

========

PICTURES

========

========

VIDEOS

========

It was my first time to see my favourite musician with my own two eyes. He was always in Youtube, photos of my laptop and my ears with his voice. But I found it out he was a definitely real person.

It was absolutely unforgettable lifelong moment and cannot be compared with any other experience ever in my life. He was not just singing with his voice, but delivering all the lyrics line by line with his face, motion, and just everything in himself. Truthfully, it was hard to remember the every single moment right after the gig. Maybe that's because I felt it was a bit unreal.

That night will always be with me during rest of my life and I will pray for all his bliss. Hope he can sing with all of us together for a long time. :blush-anim-cl:

post-29844-142983699798_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

No, it wasn't. :naughty:

Yuna.

Beautiful report, and how wonderful we could share a smaller gig standing side by side together before this MASSIVE gig in Seoul.:aah:

Mikaholix Korea have done so much work to get Mika known and noticed in Korea, you should all be so proud of yourselves. It looks like an amazing gig.

Was it as big as Parc des Princes? Bigger? And everyone singing along, just wonderful :wub2:

Laymay, great to meet you and your friends too:thumb_yello:

And thank everyone for sharing all the great videos

:mikalove:

yes those two gigs are so different... in Osaka I was in front row in cozy place, and had -eye-to-eye gig :wub2: I've never had that much eye contact so far ..so I was a bit embarassed and sometimes got blushed :lmfao:

I was in 25th row in Seoul, had a blast in the middle of craziest crowd!

It can't be compared with Parc des pincess... it was a massive football stadium gig!

Maybe this one is similar as overcapacity filled Paris Bercy? It's huge thing in Korea, the K-pop dominated country.. :naughty:

It was my first time to see my favourite musician with my own two eyes. He was always in Youtube' date=' photos of my laptop and my ears with his voice. But I found it out he was a definitely real person.

It was absolutely unforgettable lifelong moment and cannot be compared with any other experience ever in my life. He was not just singing with his voice, but delivering all the lyrics line by line with his face, motion, and just everything in himself. Truthfully, it was hard to remember the every single moment right after the gig. Maybe that's because I felt it was a bit unreal.

That night will always be with me during rest of my life and I will pray for all his bliss. Hope he can sing with all of us together for a long time. :blush-anim-cl:[/quote']

haha I was like that too when I first saw the concert! , like 'He's real! breathing! moving! unbelievable!' :lmao: And forget everything what I've seen... our memory remains only with vids.... :wub2:

Hi ! it's been more than a week since mika gave his performance @ seoul jazz festival. Sorry for being late for this thread ;)

i still don't know why, but in the day before the festival, i suddenly intended to record his show in the front row. So i arrived at the olympic park early in the morning... and finally did what i had wanted to do

But, sad thing was, i couldn't enjoy my self:emot-sad:

how can other fans enjoy and record all together? during the show, i thought they were more amzaing than mika... :thumb_yello:

so now im considering going to France to see him agiain and enjoy, during my staying in London this summer.

Anyway these are my videos

hope you enjoy them

[YOUTUBE]RdCAOywua4Q[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]MmgaeTQiEX4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]0N2jtnE2WM8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KdHGlRKeaAo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ii5vUh-IrvY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]9hXYYfwVKoU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]XZHYtkm-VAE[/YOUTUBE]

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't mean to be so sharp, sorry. I wasn't in the best of moods yesterday. I was under the assumption the choir only sang limited lyrics, since he never lets the choir sing the full song. Singing 'origin of loooooooove' is no more difficult than just singing the 'gangnam style' part, language-wise. Mika planned to have us sing Karen with him in Brussels. They didn't tell us to practice the song in advance, he came up with the during the rehearsals, and half the choir didn't speak one word of French. But the only parts he wanted us to sing along were 'elle est libre' and 'chante au bistro quatre vingt deux', so it was fine. But perhaps because it was a professional choir they had more parts to sing, in which case it would have been more difficult indeed.

Edit: I loooove the girl dancing with him for big girl, and the choir did go crazy during celebrate, so :thumb_yello:

Can you believe that there was no rehearsal for the 'Big girl performance'!! It just happened on that moment! We all were very surprised when we found that. Praise the Big Girl!! ^0^

Hi guys!

Seoul Jazz Festival will be on TV tomorrow night, 12:20 pm Korea time zone (4:20 pm GMT) on SBS. Maybe we can see some of Mika's show as well.

You can see it here http://vod.sbs.co.kr/onair/onair_index.jsp?Channel=SBS

Thanks, Yuna! Between this and the livestream of the Madrid show, there will be lots of Mika viewing available on Sunday! :mikalove:

• 2 weeks later...
Mostly the same but a little bit different from Elle cut & video.

You can see him frowing playfully and wearing reivented traditional Hanbok in the video.

Hope you all enjoy it. ^^;

http://music.daum.net/musicbar/musicbar/detail?menu_id=1&board_id=4210

Thank you!! We have a thread about the photo shooting, I've posted it there :wub2:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3922495#post3922495

Thank you very much for posting gonzaga!

This video is longer than the one we already have :wub2:

• 1 year later...
  • silver changed the title to 2013 - Mika @ Seoul Jazz Festival 17 May - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS