Mika @ Italian Radio DeeJay 26 June 2013

mari62

Looking forward to Radio DeeJay's podcast, hopefully a video one!

In the meantime here's a link to listen + download the interview

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mmr77qujmd34q1q/Mika_a_Radio_DJ_26.6.2013.mp3

Part of the interview is on Radio DeeJay's site on video:

1. http://www.deejay.it/video/mika-ho-scritto-il-nuovo-singolo-a-katmandu/343923/

2. http://www.deejay.it/video/paul-mccartney-e-un-genio/343941/

3. http://www.deejay.it/video/mika-x-factor/344019/

1048543_413092185472028_915553006_o-1.jpg

Photo thanks to RadioDeejay

https://twitter.com/DjChiamaItalia/status/349810840532291585/photo/1

Pictures: http://www.deejay.it/foto/mika-6/343975/

thanks Marina :flowers2:

After an hour of translation, my whole work disappeared for a crash of my pc :hair:

Tomorrow morning i'll write it again...sorry for delay girls

Don't apologize! Thank you so much for taking this time!

:huglove:

that sounds weird.. Live Your Life the name of the song was already leaked last summer, and he went to Katmandu this January. :naughty:

Maybe he worked on a previous version last year and re-work it in January...:thumb_yello:

we're already so used to these kind of nonsense... long time fans

:naughty:

It took years to get over English, but still totallly blind to other languages .. the problem is..he speaks French Spanish Italian more than English these days and I feel totally alien from another planet..

:huh: Wow! I think Mika makes you crazy with so many languages. Actually, he makes everybody goes crazy... :insane:

mari62 said:

Thanks a lot for posting those links !! :huglove:

YouTube

2013.06.26 Mika ho scritto il nuovo singolo a Kathmandu

2013.06.26 Paul Mccartney è un genio

2013.06.26 Mika X Factor – Radio Deejay e Deejay Tv

Edited by Kumazzz

Thanks a lot for posting those links !! :huglove:

YouTube

2013.06.26 Mika ho scritto il nuovo singolo a Kathmandu

[YOUTUBE]ip1v57pLfas[/YOUTUBE]

2013.06.26 Paul Mccartney è un genio

[YOUTUBE]9AMu_qsEOzs[/YOUTUBE]

2013.06.26 Mika X Factor – Radio Deejay e Deejay Tv

[YOUTUBE]y8RKBI0PtOE[/YOUTUBE]

thanks a lot!!!

and mari62 download, too :mikalove:

I agree! The only way - is to learn them all. Like he does:wink2:

Chinese inclusive!!

At XF auditions in Milan he spoke with a Chinese girl, he likes to be a ciudadano del mundo, asi :fisch:

Thank you for all the links!! :huglove:

i'm happy I could understand most of the interview (I must say I understand Mika much better than I understand Italian people: he speaks not so fast!!), but your translation would be much appreciated Lucrezia :thumb_yello:

It was a really funny interview, I love that, feeling happy for the day now :teehee:

Yeah, he seems super at ease, and I love seeing him that way, sleepy voice or not :blush-anim-cl:

Ready for translation? :wink2:

The host was at the Paul McCartney concert in Verona and every time some international artist is in Italy there is always the attempt to speak Italian on their part, and it is quite a difficult thing. So they sought those who speak better among all the artists and they have tracked down "Mika" bringing him there.

They they greet each other and "Mika" thanks the host for the compliment about his italian.

Host: What is the biggest difficulty with italian?

Mika: the verb future, the fifth person ( "voi") ...

Host: the fifth person? what would it be? you (voi)?

Mika: Yes! "you are" (voi siete) is a horrible thing

Host: But we understand you the same even if you talk using the infinite

Mika: yes, I'm always using the infinitive or on the first person of the present.

Host: You can also use the Spanish

Mika: yes, a mix of Spanish and Italian ... a perfect "spaliano"

Catteland (the host of X Factor): yes yes he mixes a little ... I've noticed that the sentences that he says most often are: "I do not like your stilo....it is orrible ..." "but your voice, of course yes "

They laugh

Host: You know that stilo....it is not in Italian style ... Stilo is a pen

Mika: yes yes I know ... it's like in French ... However, I created a new word "chooso" they laugh again

Host: Americans use the Spanglish which is a mix between American Spagno and while now, thanks to you, we have ....

Mika: itaglish

Host: But I noticed that you're trying to speak Italian without using your hands as much as Americans do when they talk in Italian

Mika: it's because I'm tired ... but after 4 coffee I'm very expressive with my hands! But Morgan gave me a vocabulary of the language of gestures

Catteland (the host of X Factor): yes, because for us Italians is essential for making oneself understood

Host: I would not trust so much of the advice of Morgan in every points of views... (he jokes of course)

Mika: no but the other judges are very nice

Catteland (the host of X Factor): he has incorporated so much well with others also because he has a very strong personality .... often happened that the other judges lose time arguing with each other and he, however, shuts up everyone saying " judges go on please"

Mika: But it is very funny! The other judges are completely different: they are uncontrollable but intelligent and nasty

Host: You laugh always when you have a singer who can not speak English ... we're taking you around for your Italian but you can avenge you talking about our English ... what's the story I heard about willy?

Catteland (the host of X Factor): it is the song of the Spice Girls: i wanna really really really

Mika sings it a bit

Catteland (the host of X Factor): the girls sang it and turned it in i wanna willy willy willy which is .... well....

Mika a little embarrassed tries to figure out what is it explaining that it is not free willy the dolphin .... they laugh

Host: is it an hard work? (referring to the work of the judge)

Mika: tiring .... I am constantly around and for that I am .... argh ... (he fails to explain in Italian)

Catteland (the host of X Factor) talks helping him: he have to fit his work with x factor ... I follow him on instagram and I see that one day he is in japan, one day he is in barcelona ...

Host: obviously you continue your work as singer

Mika: yes, two ways of life completely different but I'm happy

Host: Italy is a country that loved you from the beginning, I believe that here you have had more success

MIka: yes, but for me it really is a pleasure to be here

Host: What are the countries where you feel comfortable?

Mika: France .... I am now number 1 with a new song called Live Your Life in Spain and also number 1 in korea ... korea is incredible ...

Host: so they have you or Psy ...

Mika: hahaha, yes, but I did my first concert for 15,000 people in seul and ... (he is in trouble with the Italian)

Host: Look in korea but they speak English?

Mika: yes yes, the fans are really nice

Song Live Your Life

Host: did it pass the test?

Mika: yes, this is the first time I listen the song while on the radio and it has a completely different effect because when you work in studio the sound is different while on the radio is more lively .... it is like a test.

Host: because in studio effects are always good, then not necessarily on the radio is the same thing

Mika: But ... I have already had an experience where I listen to a song in a radio and I had moments where I was completely depressed and I realized too late that the song did not work as I had imagined in my head but for this I am very happy.

Host: Where did you record this song?

Mika: A Katmandu during a holiday (they joke because mika says "vacanzione" instead of "vacanza" and the host tells him to be careful because it can seem "evaquazione", the Italian verb used to explain that you're making poo....)

Mika wrote Live your Life during his holidays near to Katmandu with his family and friends...they were 9 people. It was a very "bad" trekking because he saw a documentary about that place and he decided to go there after 24hours....But he didn't realise that during January it's very cold there because the day is -15 °C while during the night there's no heating at -25 °C

And he wrote the melody while he's teeth chattered from the cold (laughs) So for this reason he wrote the lyrics "from the beaches of Manila down to Katmandu"

The speaker says "Live your life" reminds him the young George Michael and the Wham and Mika says that the rhythm has something similar but he says thanks to the speaker cause he doesn't say the melody is similar too cause that could be "dangerous" of course.

Then they say that George Michael became 50 yo yesterday and Mika says he's a genius.... He try to explain why....For example, Paul Mc Cartney is a big "maestro"...he's like the "boss" of the music industry (like Obama) but since Mika is only 29 he was born after him that's why maybe he feels closed to George Michael. But of course Paul McCartney is a genius and he wrote the best songs ever.

Mika was talking with the speaker, minutes before about Paul McCartney but seems that he doesn't want to talk about that live so they're joking with the sentence "non avere paura" (don't be scared) that they also use during the Xfactor auditions like a motto. Mika gets the joke saying that he's always scared cause he works with Morgan,Simona and Elio (the 3 other judges, that are unpredictable).

The speaker continue telling him that for UK people is kinda normal to see Paul McCartney instead for italians is like the once in a lifetime...it's like a big event for us and that in UK they're almost "tired" to see him everywhere cause they feel his presence all the time.

The speaker says he started as the anti establishment but then he became part of it. Mika adds "almost establishment" and that is a really good person, very nice.

The host says that Elio (one of the judge) fall in love with mika even if in the beginning he didn't like him at all... (Mika laughs a lot about the italian verb used by the host)... Mika says it is a reciprocal thing and that soon they will get married in Katmandu!

Now finished the auditions, there are bootcamp where from 100 artists they will remain few people and it is difficult to choose who to leave because they're all good. But Mika gives a thickness international because for example he knows many of his colleagues such as Adele. They recall an incident happened in the audiction where Mika told of when he heard the demo of a song by Adele that a competitor had sung.

Mika also says that one day he was at a restaurant together with Adele and after a little chat and 3 glasses of wine, Adele told Mika (seeing that at the time she was working at her second album '21') she had a melody or hmm a rhythm in her head - that was the song "rolling into the deep"

End of the episode...they say that he can come whenever he wants, because he must feel at home, and Mika replies that it is a very chic home; the host concludes: "chic just like you, after all"

Edited by mari62
adding content

@Lucrezia Great thanks for the translation!!!

But could you please explain me this Mika also says that once he and Adele were in a restaurant and after 3 glasses of wine Adele tells him to have a melody and it was the beautiful song "Rolling into the deep". Maybe it is my English, but I don't quite get the meaning :blush-anim-cl:

@Lucrezia Great thanks for the translation!!!

But could you please explain me this Mika also says that once he and Adele were in a restaurant and after 3 glasses of wine Adele tells him to have a melody and it was the beautiful song "Rolling into the deep". Maybe it is my English, but I don't quite get the meaning :blush-anim-cl:

Sorry my mistake :blush-anim-cl:

One day Mika and Adele were in a restaurant and after a little chat and 3 glasses of wine, Adele told to Mika (seen that at that time she was working for the album 21) to have a melody or hmm a rhythm in her mind that in the end it was the song called "rolling into the deep"

Sorry my mistake :blush-anim-cl:

One day Mika and Adele were in a restaurant and after a little chat and 3 glasses of wine, Adele told to Mika (seen that at that time she was working for the album 21) to have a melody or hmm a rhythm in her mind that in the end it was the song called "rolling into the deep"

Aha thank you!

I'm asking because one day my husband heard the beginning of 1 Adele's song in the radio anв said: Well well, Mika stolу it for UW! I was angry.. That's why I thought of this story and asking more clearly :wink2:

The host was at the Paul McCartney concert in Verona and every time some international artist is in Italy there is always the attempt to speak Italian on their part, and it is quite a difficult thing. So they sought those who speak better among all the artists and they have tracked down "Mika" bringing him there.

They they greet each other and "Mika" thanks the host for the compliment about his italian.

Mika: yes, I'm always using the infinitive or on the first person of the present.

Catteland (the host of X Factor): yes yes he mixes a little ... I've noticed that the sentences that he says most often are: "I do not like your stilo....it is orrible ..." "but your voice, of course yes "

They laugh

Mika: yes yes I know ... it's like in French ... However, I created a new word "chooso" they laugh again

Host: Americans use the Spanglish which is a mix between American Spagno and while now, thanks to you, we have ....

Host: But I noticed that you're trying to speak Italian without using your hands as much as Americans do when they talk in Italian

Mika: it's because I'm tired ... but after 4 coffee I'm very expressive with my hands! But Morgan gave me a vocabulary of the language of gestures

Catteland (the host of X Factor): yes, because for us Italians is essential for making oneself understood

Host: I would not trust so much of the advice of Morgan in every points of views... (he jokes of course)

Catteland (the host of X Factor): he has incorporated so much well with others also because he has a very strong personality .... often happened that the other judges lose time arguing with each other and he, however, shuts up everyone saying " judges go on please"

Mika: But it is very funny! The other judges are completely different: they are uncontrollable but intelligent and nasty

Host: You laugh always when you have a singer who can not speak English ... we're taking you around for your Italian but you can avenge you talking about our English ... what's the story I heard about willy?

Catteland (the host of X Factor): it is the song of the Spice Girls: i wanna really really really

Mika sings it a bit

Catteland (the host of X Factor): the girls sang it and turned it in i wanna willy willy willy which is .... well....

Mika a little embarrassed tries to figure out what is it explaining that it is not free willy the dolphin .... they laugh

Mika: tiring .... I am constantly around and for that I am .... argh ... (he fails to explain in Italian)

Catteland (the host of X Factor) talks helping him: he have to fit his work with x factor ... I follow him on instagram and I see that one day he is in japan, one day he is in barcelona ...

Host: Italy is a country that loved you from the beginning, I believe that here you have had more success

Mika: France .... I am now number 1 with a new song called Live Your Life in Spain and also number 1 in korea ... korea is incredible ...

Mika: hahaha, yes, but I did my first concert for 15,000 people in seul and ... (he is in trouble with the Italian)

Song Live Your Life

Mika: yes, this is the first time I listen the song while on the radio and it has a completely different effect because when you work in studio the sound is different while on the radio is more lively .... it is like a test.

Host: because in studio effects are always good, then not necessarily on the radio is the same thing

Mika: But ... I have already had an experience where I listen to a song in a radio and I had moments where I was completely depressed and I realized too late that the song did not work as I had imagined in my head but for this I am very happy.

Mika: A Katmandu during a holiday (they joke because mika says "vacanzione" instead of "vacanza" and the host tells him to be careful because it can seem "evaquazione", the Italian verb used to explain that you're making poo....)

Mika wrote Live your Life during his holidays near to Katmandu with his family and friends...they were 9 people. It was a very "bad" trekking because he saw a documentary about that place and he decided to go there after 24hours....But he didn't realise that during January it's very cold there because the day is -15 °C while during the night there's no heating at -25 °C

And he wrote the melody while he's teeth chattered from the cold (laughs) So for this reason he wrote the lyrics "from the beaches of Manila down to Katmandu"

The speaker says "Live your life" reminds him the young George Michael and the Wham and Mika says that the rhythm has something similar but he says thanks to the speaker cause he doesn't say the melody is similar too cause that could be "dangerous" of course.

Then they say that George Michael became 50 yo yesterday and Mika says he's a genius.... He try to explain why....For example, Paul Mc Cartney is a big "maestro"...he's like the "boss" of the music industry (like Obama) but since Mika is only 29 he was born after him that's why maybe he feels closed to George Michael. But of course Paul McCartney is a genius and he wrote the best songs ever.

Mika was talking with the speaker, minutes before about Paul McCartney but seems that he doesn't want to talk about that live so they're joking with the sentence "non avere paura" (don't be scared) that they also use during the Xfactor auditions like a motto. Mika gets the joke saying that he's always scared cause he works with Morgan,Simona and Elio (the 3 other judges, that are unpredictable).

The speaker continue telling him that for UK people is kinda normal to see Paul McCartney instead for italians is like the once in a lifetime...it's like a big event for us and that in UK they're almost "tired" to see him everywhere cause they feel his presence all the time.

The speaker says he started as the anti establishment but then he became part of it. Mika adds "almost establishment" and that is a really good person, very nice.

The host says that Elio (one of the judge) fall in love with mika even if in the beginning he didn't like him at all... (Mika laughs a lot about the italian verb used by the host)... Mika says it is a reciprocal thing and that soon they will get married in Katmandu!

Now finished the auditions, there are bootcamp where from 100 artists they will remain few people and it is difficult to choose who to leave because they're all good. But Mika gives a thickness international because for example he knows many of his colleagues such as Adele. They recall an incident happened in the audiction where Mika told of when he heard the demo of a song by Adele that a competitor had sung.

Mika also says that once he and Adele were in a restaurant and after 3 glasses of wine Adele tells him to have a melody and it was the beautiful song "Rolling into the deep".

End of the episode...they say that he can come whenever he wants because it is as if he were at his house and Mika adds that it is a house very chic.

Brava Lucreziaaaaa

I only add the very last words of Linus, the deejay.

After Mika told that the studio is very chic, the host said: "just like you, after all". Love his face after.

Brava Lucreziaaaaa

I only add the very last words of Linus, the deejay.

After Mika told that the studio is very chic, the host said: "just like you, after all". Love his face after.

Thank you ! :flowers2: That was a sweet interview. :wub2:

:Thanks Lucrezia! That was a lot of work, to translate that!

:thumb_yello:

thanks for translating!

it's a cute interview, different from others :blush-anim-cl:

Thanks so much Lucrezia ! I was listening to the interiew with your translation in front of my eyes)) :thumb_yello:

You're welcome!! :huglove:

It was a pleasure :blush-anim-cl:

They laugh

Mika sings it a bit

Song Live Your Life

Mika also says that one day he was at a restaurant together with Adele and after a little chat and 3 glasses of wine, Adele told Mika (seeing that at the time she was working at her second album '21') she had a melody or hmm a rhythm in her head - that was the song "rolling into the deep"

End of the episode...they say that he can come whenever he wants, because he must feel at home, and Mika replies that it is a very chic home; the host concludes: "chic just like you, after all"

CAUSE i don´t understand the end...at the restaurant...

My face cagareI(Merdi) think i made a mistake"" and ellio and him .. They will get married in Katmancu?? no credi so...un matrimonio??

y8RKBI0PtOE#t=2s

Edited by mer