that's kinda why i have a second non private account :blush-anim-cl:

to tweet mika, and the private one to talk to other fans and tweet nonsense :teehee:

Same here, one for my friends & one non private to tweet Mika & others.

Problem was, they have many accounts. Last week, even if i blocked one of them's main one after she took a hissy fit a few months ago, she had a secondary one that i didn't know existed. And she blasted me from that one too (this one, pretending to be from the USA). Needless to say i blocked that one too. :naughty:

I don't know how she thinks she can fool people when all the accounts make the same spelling mistakes in french & in english.

ex: he his (he is), je croit (je crois) etc... + bad grammar in french & english.

it's a dead give away :aah:

I was just feeling upset that anyone might think that because I've been here a long while, I might not see anyone new as being as much of a fan as someone who came from the GK days.

I do see everyone on the forum as exactly the same as anyone else. The new fans are great as they've often come from places, like the USA, where we long for Mika to make his mark, and all of the people who come from far flung places like Korea, are proof he's making his mark all over the world.

I feel the same. There seems to be a whole new group of "hardcore" fans at the North American gigs (at least in my region) and I probably spend more time chatting to them online and at the gigs than I did with the group(s) that were here in 2007.

I think the problem is not that anyone thinks they are a bigger fan than someone else but that sometimes it's difficult to empathize with the feelings of people who are at a different stage of being a fan. I think in early 2007 everyone had more or less the same feeling about Mika. We were all seeing him through the same eyes not only because we were in the early stages of infatuation but because there wasn't much history or information out there about Mika.

But a lot has happened in 6+ years. Mika is more open in the press and so many fans, newer and older, have had direct contact with him. We're not all going to see him through the same eyes anymore because our feelings are informed by our knowledge and experience and everyone's experiences are different.

Even though I've been through the early stages sometimes it's hard for me to relate so I'm not going to fit in with some of the discussions some newer fans have. I don't spend time looking at pictures of Mika and I don't think everything he does is cute or fascinating like I once did. But ultimately I see people for their personalities and not how long they've been a Mika fan.

I feel the same. There seems to be a whole new group of "hardcore" fans at the North American gigs (at least in my region) and I probably spend more time chatting to them online and at the gigs than I did with the group(s) that were here in 2007.

I think the problem is not that anyone thinks they are a bigger fan than someone else but that sometimes it's difficult to empathize with the feelings of people who are at a different stage of being a fan. I think in early 2007 everyone had more or less the same feeling about Mika. We were all seeing him through the same eyes not only because we were in the early stages of infatuation but because there wasn't much history or information out there about Mika.

But a lot has happened in 6+ years. Mika is more open in the press and so many fans, newer and older, have had direct contact with him. We're not all going to see him through the same eyes anymore because our feelings are informed by our knowledge and experience and everyone's experiences are different.

Even though I've been through the early stages sometimes it's hard for me to relate so I'm not going to fit in with some of the discussions some newer fans have. I don't spend time looking at pictures of Mika and I don't think everything he does is cute or fascinating like I once did. But ultimately I see people for their personalities and not how long they've been a Mika fan.

Yes, exactly!

i don't look at as many pictures as i did in 2007/2008 & i'm not fascinated by everything he does/touches/says/looks at/talks about ... but it doesn't mean i don't love his music & Mika himself. It's just different now.

I still get all happy/excited when i hear he's playing a gig in my area :wub2:

I would like to thank everyone for their supportive comments. Thank you very much.

I was just feeling upset that anyone might think that because I've been here a long while, I might not see anyone new as being as much of a fan as someone who came from the GK days.

I do see everyone on the forum as exactly the same as anyone else. The new fans are great as they've often come from places, like the USA, where we long for Mika to make his mark, and all of the people who come from far flung places like Korea, are proof he's making his mark all over the world.

What's been said to me about the Oldlings thread is also true. It does move very quickly, and so I do understand that posts may get overlooked. I may give it another try.

Once again, thank you all for showing some Mika-love to me. I'm touched, and very grateful.

Mika-love to you all.:mikalove:

Lot's of Mika love to you too Marilyn :huglove::mikalove: Very big hugs for you :hug::group_hug:

:huglove: i always read your posts Marilyn, i just don't comment all the time.

Even if i visit the oldlings thread on a regular basis, i'm unable to follow their everyday conversation since becoming a mod in january 2009. Though i do notice they still decorate their threads with nice Mika pics :das:

But you visit mostly if we get too naughty :teehee: I've noticed :lmfao:

I've been chating too much lately on facebook aww and not checking the goldings thread often enough myself :doh:

I've been chating too much lately on facebook aww and not checking the goldings thread often enough myself :doh:

:aah: it doesn't mean i don't visit when you are not naughty... it just means i open my mouth :fisch:

either way, the Naughty corner always needs cleaning :naughty:

I didn't realise that. Either it's a coincidence, or you are all naughty all the time!

I don't usually come here, but I am really afraid of this.. the fb post shows us how Mika loves his fans, we have to make him proud of us, like we are of him :)

I hope there won't be any situations like this in the future, thank you for this thread!

I totally agree with you :)

I would like to thank everyone for their supportive comments. Thank you very much.

What's been said to me about the Oldlings thread is also true. It does move very quickly, and so I do understand that posts may get overlooked. I may give it another try.

Once again, thank you all for showing some Mika-love to me. I'm touched, and very grateful.

Mika-love to you all.:mikalove:

I'm hardly ever here anymore and was just lurking reading this thread, but had to log in to say that I agree with what the others have said Marilyn: you most definitely have a strong identity and personality on here. However it's very true about the fast-moving thread thing - I used to fall victim to it too in the days when I posted more and you can take it to heart (we are human after all), until you realize it really is nothing personal! I think it has probably happened to more people than you realize, on here. It really was a busy busy place a few years ago wasn't it.

Anyway, I only pop in very very occasionally these days but I can guarantee that when I do, I will always take notice of your posts if I see them around, as I always have in the past :huglove:

I'm hardly ever here anymore and was just lurking reading this thread, but had to log in to say that I agree with what the others have said Marilyn: you most definitely have a strong identity and personality on here. However it's very true about the fast-moving thread thing - I used to fall victim to it too in the days when I posted more and you can take it to heart (we are human after all), until you realize it really is nothing personal! I think it has probably happened to more people than you realize, on here. It really was a busy busy place a few years ago wasn't it.

Anyway, I only pop in very very occasionally these days but I can guarantee that when I do, I will always take notice of your posts if I see them around, as I always have in the past :huglove:

Hi again Rach. I've been back on The Oldlings and everyone's been great. I'm trying to get the hang of the Multi Quoting. It's tricky because if you want to quote, say, just one line of someone's quote and not all of it, you have to make sure you don't delete the parts that say it's a quote or it looks like I wrote it.

But I'll get there.

The other thing that would make that thread easier is knowing how to get onto the thread again, at the point where I left it, so I don't have to keep going back one page at a time to find the point where I last was.

But I'm determined to master it. As I said, everyone's been great.

The other thing that would make that thread easier is knowing how to get onto the thread again, at the point where I left it, so I don't have to keep going back one page at a time to find the point where I last was.

Marilyn, when you're looking at the list of threads, you should see a little yellow square with a v in it at the start of the title of threads that you've read. If you click on that, that should take you to the point in the thread where you last left off. Did I explain that OK? LMK if you have any questions! :thumb_yello:

Marilyn, when you're looking at the list of threads, you should see a little yellow square with a v in it at the start of the title of threads that you've read. If you click on that, that should take you to the point in the thread where you last left off. Did I explain that OK? LMK if you have any questions! :thumb_yello:

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

I've been around since dinosaurs wandered the earth and didnt know that!!!!

Thanks, Debbita!!! :huglove:

There are people here who's really able to destroy other people's life. They hurt for fun. They're rich, bored, coward and dangerous enough to hurt people until make them commit suicide. They know how to do it. Have you ever heard about mentalism?

I'm the living (how long "living"?) proof.

I'm under psichiatric treatment 'cause my mind has been conditioned and alterated, my life is simply an endless nightmare.

I'm a self-injured person, now. I'd show you my wounds if I could. I tried to commit suicide several times (I swallowed pills), I don't have a life anymore. Everything I see, hear, read and say - even my own words - are like weapons that hurt me. They've distorted my perception of reality.

Pay attention here in MFC, don't be a possible target of those people.

Please, live your REAL life as much as you can. I'm trying to come back to my life again but it's really hard to do, I'm afraid it's too late. I'm not the person I was before.

There are people (they're true wizards of web) who cause pain and alterated state of mind just for fun take revenge on someone else in this place.

Pay attention, don't stay at PC for hours, don't trust users you don't know personally.

Monsters can spy your profiles, mail boxes, sites etc.

They could take the place of your frinds, be careful! Monsters could be hidden behind dozens of fake users. Their wickeness is proportional to their stupidity and cowardiness (yes, monsters, you are coward: you think you're smart and intelligent but you're only coward).

Take just fun from this place, stay away from social networks if you can. Save your own life and sanity. Nobody and nothing is more important than your life. Don't, please, don't trust illusions, don't give silly things much importance. Monsters with thousands of heads could take advantage of it.

It's incredible, horrible but please believe me, it's true: realize that there are people who's able to kill just because they're obsessed with a pop singer (hi Mika, how are you :original:?).

Please, talk about bullying and cyber-bullying all over the world, always.

It's someone who's fighting for her life who's telling you.

Don't allow anybody to think himself/herself better than you, never!

Stand up against bullying and cyber-bullying!

Yes, a couple of Oldlings advised me. One said she goes to "new posts" and clicks "First Unread". Then Laural mentioned the boxes and the other girl hadn't known you could do it that way. So we both benefited from the instructions.

Thanks Deb for also helping. You'd think after 6 years I'd know all there is to know, but the truth is, I'm scared of websites, so I only chance doing basic things with MFC. But it's good to be getting better at it at last.

There are people here who's really able to destroy other people's life. They hurt for fun. They're rich, bored, coward and dangerous enough to hurt people until make them commit suicide. They know how to do it. Have you ever heard about mentalism?

I'm under psichiatric treatment 'cause my mind has been conditioned and alterated, my life is simply an endless nightmare.

I'm a self-injured person, now. I'd show you my wounds if I could. I tried to commit suicide several times (I swallowed pills), I don't have a life anymore. Everything I see, hear, read and say - even my own words - are like weapons that hurt me. They've distorted my perception of reality.

Please, live your REAL life as much as you can. I'm trying to come back to my life again but it's really hard to do, I'm afraid it's too late. I'm not the person I was before.

There are people (they're true wizards of web) who cause pain and alterated state of mind just for fun take revenge on someone else in this place.

Pay attention, don't stay at PC for hours, don't trust users you don't know personally.

They could take the place of your frinds, be careful! Monsters could be hidden behind dozens of fake users. Their wickeness is proportional to their stupidity and cowardiness (yes, monsters, you are coward: you think you're smart and intelligent but you're only coward).

Take just fun from this place, stay away from social networks if you can. Save your own life and sanity. Nobody and nothing is more important than your life. Don't, please, don't trust illusions, don't give silly things much importance. Monsters with thousands of heads could take advantage of it.

It's incredible, horrible but please believe me, it's true: realize that there are people who's able to kill just because they're obsessed with a pop singer (hi Mika, how are you :original:?).

That's horrendous. I'm really sorry. Please don't give up on life. I agree with you that we shouldn't make Mika our whole life, and I think most of us don't do that. I feel very sorry for people who don't have anything else in life, because Mika is always going to be out of reach, apart from his concerts and M&Gs, and of course, kind though he is, he's doing his job.

I think a lot of the bullying we're talking about, comes from so called fans who think they can get with him. and don't want him giving attention to someone else. I remember one person who started acting weird when she found out he really was gay, because she's always thought that one day, she would get with him.

Then others are just nasty people. I agree that we have to watch who we talk to on the internet, but on this site we have the best mods ever, and they keep their eyes open, and people tell them on their Mod Thread if there is anyone acting weird. So that we're okay on here.

Wow, and I never knew that! After all this time... thanks, Deb!!!

@Marilyn Just wanted to add that I always read your posts even I don't often reply! They are always very clear and I like your calm way to express yourself :thumb_yello:

Wow, me neither! Haha still learning at my age! LOL!

That's horrendous. I'm really sorry. Please don't give up on life. I agree with you that we shouldn't make Mika our whole life, and I think most of us don't do that. I feel very sorry for people who don't have anything else in life, because Mika is always going to be out of reach, apart from his concerts and M&Gs, and of course, kind though he is, he's doing his job.

I think a lot of the bullying we're talking about, comes from so called fans who think they can get with him. and don't want him giving attention to someone else. I remember one person who started acting weird when she found out he really was gay, because she's always thought that one day, she would get with him.

Then others are just nasty people. I agree that we have to watch who we talk to on the internet, but on this site we have the best mods ever, and they keep their eyes open, and people tell them on their Mod Thread if there is anyone acting weird. So that we're okay on here.

I totally agree with you! :thumb_yello:

Thank you, will try it :wink2:

Really sorry to hear of your horrendous experiences on the internet.

There are some predators out there who relish preying on folk like yourself, pretending to be friendly, and then turning on you, once they have your confidence. They really are monsters.

I hope you are getting yourself back together now, and living a healthy real life, and I wish you all the very best in life :huglove:

Hi again Rach. I've been back on The Oldlings and everyone's been great. I'm trying to get the hang of the Multi Quoting. It's tricky because if you want to quote, say, just one line of someone's quote and not all of it, you have to make sure you don't delete the parts that say it's a quote or it looks like I wrote it.

But I'll get there.

Thanks Deb :thumb_yello: Welcome back Marylin :thumb_yello::bye: Wonkita and Jolanda :bye:

I didn't know that either :doh: It's about time :wink2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

:hug:

MFC is a very friendly place with very efficient mods :thumb_yello:

And Mika fans meet at gigs :thumb_yello: We are a community in real life as well as online :blush-anim-cl: a safe place :thumb_yello:

Take care Sonic Soul :huglove:

Best wishes for you to get on with your life and find happiness and peace of mind :wub2:

I've been in fan clubs in the past, usually about TV shows like Star Trek, and fans get heated about that as well. Even though Star Trek isn't even real!

:shocked:

You can't say that Marilyn! Star Trek IS real! :shun:

I am not on here as much as I used to when I was younger. I am still grateful for MFC and all the people I've met here. It has always been my home away from home.

Totally agree. It's always been my home away from home :biggrin2: The people here have always been so caring towards me :huglove:

How did you not know that? :shocked:

I've known about that for years... I think when I was a mod maybe, so 5 years ago?

This is the last thing I think I need to say one the subject... In the words of Bill S. Preston, Esq. and Ted Logan...

be-excellent-to-each-other.jpeg