I've been part of other "fandoms" before and people can get really angry, really fast. I've seen people being called horrible things in fandoms like Harry Potter and some band fandoms too. I've never seen as much arguing here as I have seen in other places. I think it's great that Mika decided to address it rather than ignore it, which so many other people do.

:shocked:

You can't say that Marilyn! Star Trek IS real! :shun:

Totally agree. It's always been my home away from home :biggrin2: The people here have always been so caring towards me :huglove:

How did you not know that? :shocked:

I've known about that for years... I think when I was a mod maybe, so 5 years ago?

This is the last thing I think I need to say one the subject... In the words of Bill S. Preston, Esq. and Ted Logan...

be-excellent-to-each-other.jpeg

Of course Star Trek is real, and Seven of Nine came back in time and injected baby Mika with some of her super nanoprobes after he was born. They're in his vocal cords.

:shocked:

You can't say that Marilyn! Star Trek IS real! :shun:

Totally agree. It's always been my home away from home :biggrin2: The people here have always been so caring towards me :huglove:

How did you not know that? :shocked:

I've known about that for years... I think when I was a mod maybe, so 5 years ago?

This is the last thing I think I need to say one the subject... In the words of Bill S. Preston, Esq. and Ted Logan...

be-excellent-to-each-other.jpeg

My husband would LOVE these words, he always says that to me!!!

Tomorrow morning I will show him your profil pic :thumb_yello:

Of course Star Trek is real, and Seven of Nine came back in time and injected baby Mika with some of her super nanoprobes after he was born. They're in his vocal cords.

Bahahahahaha! Funny! Mika isn't going to assimilate me into his weird collective of fans...

Hang on a second :shocked:

Yeah but seriously, breach of the Temporal Prime Directive. Not only that, she couldn't go back in time anymore... She'd get too sick.

My husband would LOVE these words, he always says that to me!!!

Tomorrow morning I will show him your profil pic :thumb_yello:

LOL, your husband has good taste!

I really watch too much Star Trek... :blink:

Bahahahahaha! Funny! Mika isn't going to assimilate me into his weird collective of fans...

Hang on a second :shocked:

Yeah but seriously, breach of the Temporal Prime Directive. Not only that, she couldn't go back in time anymore... She'd get too sick.

LOL, your husband has good taste!

I really watch too much Star Trek... :blink:

You really think you haven't been assimilated into Mika's collective? Of course you have, so have we all. Resistance is futile.

I don't think Seven would get sick from time-travelling, she did it a few times on Voyager. I wish she would have come back in time last Sunday, and stopped me stepping in the crack in the pavement that made me fall flat on my face! My face now resembles something from The Chainsaw Massacre, not Star Trek.

You really think you haven't been assimilated into Mika's collective? Of course you have, so have we all. Resistance is futile.

I don't think Seven would get sick from time-travelling, she did it a few times on Voyager. I wish she would have come back in time last Sunday, and stopped me stepping in the crack in the pavement that made me fall flat on my face! My face now resembles something from The Chainsaw Massacre, not Star Trek.

Yes, and ended up with temporal psychosis for doing it too often :shocked:

How did a bullying thread turn into a Star Trek thread? :naughty:

THAT is the Magic of the MFC! :teehee:

And why I love this place so much! :mikalove:

Yes, we have a place to love :wink2:. We are a big community and we came together because of our love to the same pop singer. We don´t have to pretend that we love each other all the time , that we are always the same opinion and that we are always nice. It´s like in a family, we can annoy each other, we can argue,we help each other, we can laugh together, we can cry together, but the most important thing is we RESPECT each other. And not to forget we can ENJOY Mika together online and in real life. That´s why I love MFC so much! :group_hug:

Yes, we have a place to love :wink2:. We are a big community and we came together because of our love to the same pop singer. We don´t have to pretend that we love each other all the time , that we are always the same opinion and that we are always nice. It´s like in a family, we can annoy each other, we can argue,we help each other, we can laugh together, we can cry together, but the most important thing is we RESPECT each other. And not to forget we can ENJOY Mika together online and in real life. That´s why I love MFC so much! :group_hug:

Amen:thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello: Sabine, agree with you!

Amen:thumb_yello:

i just wish Scotty could beam us up from gig to gig :naughty:

I'm late..as usual..I read about Mika's statement of course time ago, spoke also with Deb to ask more informations about something it was very confusing on but I just saw this thread NOW...my bad.

I'm glad Mika made a statement so important cause bullying is a bad bad thing.

I'm in MFC from years..had some "heated discussions" too about Xfactor recently but also for other things in the past. I've always tried to be polite but nobody is perfect and I also had some bad replies from members but almost always in a constructive way and I think is normal.

Anyway I dont feel particullary loved here but I guess is something that could happen also in real life. I know many mfcers that are very nice and I think that MFC is one of the best resources for Mika fans, doesnt mean is perfect tho. Language barriers are hard to "ride out" sometimes :)

Instead what I saw on Twitter was absolutely wrong and unacceptable, I'm glad if Mika did something about that! Hope it'll stop!

Sorry, maybe my post is useless but I wanted to say something about that too :)

I'm late..as usual..I read about Mika's statement of course time ago, spoke also with Deb to ask more informations about something it was very confusing on but I just saw this thread NOW...my bad.

I'm in MFC from years..had some "heated discussions" too about Xfactor recently but also for other things in the past. I've always tried to be polite but nobody is perfect and I also had some bad replies from members but almost always in a constructive way and I think is normal.

Anyway I dont feel particullary loved here but I guess is something that could happen also in real life. I know many mfcers that are very nice and I think that MFC is one of the best resources for Mika fans, doesnt mean is perfect tho. Language barriers are hard to "ride out" sometimes :)

Instead what I saw on Twitter was absolutely wrong and unacceptable, I'm glad if Mika did something about that! Hope it'll stop!

I don't think your post is useless and agree with what you say... I like reading your posts:huglove:

Yeah I know, I'm just trying to pretend like I'm not that much of a fangurl :teehee:

Yeah she did, but in the one ep I remember she had to go back in time and stop someone from installing a device on Voyager that blew up (she'd gone back 4 or 5 times and couldn't go back anymore). That's why Janeway was signed up to get the culprit when the device was first placed.

Awww, poor face...

Yes, and ended up with temporal psychosis for doing it too often :shocked:

:bow: Yep, that's it!

Cause it's entirely possible to link most stuff to Star Trek.

Off topic ... us ... never :mf_rosetinted:

:teehee:

I've been known to turn threads off topic more than once... I really should stop doing it.

i just wish Scotty could beam us up from gig to gig :naughty:

I bags Scotty first! I haven't been to a gig in 4 years!

Sending you loving vibes through my laptop.

Sarina, I'm glad you took the time to write -- not useless at all. I think I've said before that the language issue is both one of MFC's greatest strengths, and biggest weaknesses. It's really cool that fans from literally all over the world can congregate here and share their experiences -- not just Mika-related experiences, but things from their daily lives. Despite our language differences and cultural differences, we can all find a common ground and learn about the rest of the world. I LOVE that about this place. But on the other hand language can certainly be a barrier. It's easy to say something you don't really mean to say when you're speaking in a language other than your native tongue -- and it's just as easy to misinterpret what someone says. I think we've seen that enough when Mika speaks in French or Spanish or Italian. I guess we all need an extra big dose of patience and a willingness to give people the benefit of the doubt -- that is to say, to choose not to overreact or jump to conclusions. In any case, no MFC is not perfect, by any means, but that doesn't mean we can't aim for being the best we can be. I'm grateful for all the fans who come here from so many different places and hope we can all keep trying to understand one another and get along as best we can. :thumb_yello:

Edited by dcdeb

Sending you loving vibes through my laptop.

Too sweet! :mikalove: Thanks :huglove:

Thanks for your post Sarina!

awww, thanks :wub2:

Sarina, I'm glad you took the time to write -- not useless at all. I think I've said before that the language issue is both one of MFC's greatest strengths, and biggest weaknesses. It's really cool that fans from literally all over the world can congregate here and share their experiences -- not just Mika-related experiences, but things from their daily lives. Despite our language differences and cultural differences, we can all find a common ground and learn about the rest of the world. I LOVE that about this place. But on the other hand language can certainly be a barrier. It's easy to say something you don't really mean to say when you're speaking in a language other than your native tongue -- and it's just as easy to misinterpret what someone says. I think we've seen that enough when Mika speaks in French or Spanish or Italian. I guess we all need an extra big dose of patience and a willingness to give people the benefit of the doubt -- that is to say, to choose not to overreact or jump to conclusions. In any case, no MFC is not perfect, by any means, but that doesn't mean we can't aim for being the best we can be. I'm grateful for all the fans who come here from so many different places and hope we can all keep trying to understand one another and get along as best we can. :thumb_yello:

completely agree with you Deb :thumb_yello:

and....I love #spaliano BTW...:mikadas:

Totally agree with you Deb :thumb_yello:

Unfortunately both written discussions and different native languages and cultures may lead very easily to misunderstandings.

That's why it's so important, that we try to be tolerant, sympathetic and willing to walk towards each other and clear things up when necessary.

Last but not least we shouldn't take things too personally or too seriously.

:original:

Unfortunately both written discussions and different native languages and cultures may lead very easily to misunderstandings.

That's why it's so important, that we try to be tolerant, sympathetic and willing to walk towards each other and clear things up when necessary.

Last but not least we shouldn't take things too personally or too seriously.

:original:

I always thought that as long as you follow the discussion you can never be offensive. On a forum you never speak directly to a person, but with what he writes, and what he writes in that exact moment, it is not a physical entity, is only one idea, an opinion. Discuss "ideas", even in a strong way, it can only be positive. If I get angry during a discussion of this kind, I can never really be angry with that person, as in my real life does not exist, exists only at that time and for that topic. To me this is incomprehensible charges of aggression. Personally I never do that with anyone, I just discuss...