2013 - Foire Aux Vins Festival in Colmar, FRANCE - 11 August - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

mari62

Looking forward to hearing from the last French gig! :france:

From the man himself on twitter:

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 2m

Tonight, ahead of my birthday I was surprised by fans from France Holland England Russia Italy Belgium Korea New York Germany N Ireland...

Insane!!!! I am so lucky. Thank you. I don't know what to say. XxX!

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/799552DSC08456.jpg

SET LIST

===========

REPORTS

===========

MFC_Hasi

Elaire14

Alireine

Fouchonneret

Mellody

Mariposa

IngievV

Sarina

Graciosa

vanessa-love-mika

Cassilda

Sabine64

Mousetrap

LENA MACHU

===========

PICS

===========

Vanessa-love-mika

Nanouch

IngievV: Birthday Party

IngievV: Group pictures

mine

daeni28

Sephira

Mellody

LENA MACHU 1

LENA MACHU 2

Elaire14

biggirl69

Clarlie_R

Mousetrap

Valerria 1

Valerria 2

Valerria 3

Valerria 4

Official pics: http://www.foire-colmar.com/fr/festival2013/

===========

VIDS

===========

Elaire14:

Birthday Party

MFC_Hasi:

Vanessa-love-mika:

Nanouch:

Fouchonneret

Mariposa:

Show opening + Comme Un Soleil Mal Luné

daeni28

Mellody

Sabine:

IngievV:

SimonaG:

Birthday Party

Official videos:

"Comme le Soleil" "Grace Kelly" "Relax"

Mika en concert à la Foire aux Vins by Journal Dernières Nouvelles d'Alsace

REVIEWS:

http://www.lalsace.fr/actualite/2013/08/11/il-faut-se-lever-tot-pour-voir-mika

http://www.lalsace.fr/haut-rhin/2013/08/12/mika-a-ses-inconditionnels-asaf-avidan-interpelle#jimage=98ADECA3-576D-4272-8383-098D35C812CF

http://www.lalsace.fr/actualite/2013/08/11/il-faut-se-lever-tot-pour-voir-mika

http://www.lalsace.fr/actualite/2013/08/11/a-30-ans-j-ai-de-la-chance-de-faire-ce-que-j-aime-dans-ma-vie

http://www.lalsace.fr/actualite/2013/08/11/en-video-et-de-trois-pour-mika

http://www.lalsace.fr/actualite/2013/08/11/assaf-avidan-a-joue-en-premiere-partie

http://www.lalsace.fr/haut-rhin/2013/08/12/mika-et-asaf-avidan-l-emotion-pop-rock-sans-frontieres

Interview: À 30 ans, j’ai de la chance de faire ce que j’aime dans ma vie

Video interview: Cinq minutes exclusives en compagnie de Mika

Audio interview: réalisée quelques minutes avant son concert

https://soundcloud.com/user3466227/foire-aux-vins-de-colmar

Translation thanks to Alexandra1: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3933161&postcount=126

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tonight, ahead of my birthday I was surprised by fans from France Holland England Russia Italy Belgium Korea New York Germany N Ireland...

Surprise?

Was it supposed to be a surprise?

Didnt he know about it already?:shocked:

Surprise?

Was it supposed to be a surprise?

Didnt he know about it already?:shocked:

:dunno: how much he knew... i have to assume he knew something was up as we always need his OK before anything goes ahead. We can never tell til the day of usually :naughty:

He may have been surprised to see fans who came from so far away :blush-anim-cl:

:dunno: how much he knew... i have to assume he knew something was up as we always need his OK before anything goes ahead. We can never tell til the day of usually :naughty:

He may have been surprised to see fans who came from so far away :blush-anim-cl:

Ah!:thumb_yello:

It would be very awckward otherwise...

Edited by willywonka

He knew but he did not know to that extent. It was a stressful day especially when handing out wristbands. We were given instructions that we could only take 35 people and no more but apparently it was reason for some fans to abuse us via twitter and in French in real life. I'm very sad about this because I just wanted everybody to have a good time. Luckily we got everybody in eventually and everybody cooperated which was amazing. Thank you. You made it all the more special.

He knew but he did not know to that extent. It was a stressful day especially when handing out wristbands. We were given instructions that we could only take 35 people and no more but apparently it was reason for some fans to abuse us via twitter and in French in real life. I'm very sad about this because I just wanted everybody to have a good time. Luckily we got everybody in eventually and everybody cooperated which was amazing. Thank you. You made it all the more special.

Thanks for your hard work today. Sounds like all went well in the end

It's never easy to organize anything when Mika is concerned, everyone gets way too emotional. It's easier to hate the messenger than to take a minute and think of where the message came from. You were given instructions and were expected to respect them.

MFC is the international forum, so matter what country Mika is playing, we will be involved. When we can, we help as many MFCers as possible, no matter where they come from.

I'm just glad it all worked out.

Thanks Ingie! :huglove:

And did he get his MFC birthdaypresent aswell? I mean, the special chair? And if so, how did he react on it?

No he will get those next week.

And apparently people who had no wristband thought Mika requested them to come im but that is not what happened. I was asked by team M if I was ok with letting everybody outside in and I said I was as long as they would behave. So that is the story really.

Anyways, more when I get home. I don't usually report but think this asks for one. :naughty:

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, I'm ready for some insane reports over here, details would be appreciated :D I'm definitely ready!

Totally agree with you!

I'm glad that everything turned out well at the end! So nice to read Mika's Twitter reaction! loveshower.gif

Can´t sleep anymore so I will write a little report about yesterday.

I had Luke, Laura, Ingie, Rose and Niko at my place as I´m living quite close to Colmar near the french border. We arrived at the venue around 2pm. As everyone already know we were giving out the wristbands. Insert some drama here...will skip that :fisch: We waited outside at our cars until the support act Asaf Avidan was on stage. We were managed to get the drinks, cake, and decoration from our cars to the backstage catering tent which was reserved for us. Ingie and I had around 10 minutes to build everything up. The security was really nice. We were given some water and were brought to the show with our very own security guy :naughty: During the gig Ingie and I were on the balcony on the right side. We had a good view and a great party up there :thumb_yello:

After the show it was a bit of a mess to be honest until everyone with wristbands was found. His tourmanager got us to the tent and said that he will be there for around 20 minutes. Ingie did a great job in organiszing the tables and tell everyone how to behave. Cause we got the instructions from Team M. When he came in with his huuuuuge smile and we´re starting to sing "Happy Birthday" for him... this was probably the best moment :mikalove: Awwww!! As I was looking at him and smiling I forgot to light the 30-candels on the cake. Tried to do that quickly but then he was standing next to me, looked at me like he was saying "Hurry up...A BIT" :naughty: As that wasn´t enough I burnt my finger on my own lighter...of course! He wanted to me to give him my lighter and then he burnt his fingers as well and give it back to me. Then I finally managed it to light the candels. He loved the cake!! :blush-anim-cl: When he cut the cake he told us about a tradition in his family which we all had to do with him. It says when your cutting the cake you have to laugh, when he´s in the middle you have to cry and when he reaches the bottom of the cake you´ll have to scream loudly. So we did:teehee: Then he went from table to table to get his presents, have a a little chat and the group pics taken. In the meantime I was cutting the rest of the cake and handed it out. At the end we did a group picture with everyone on it and Mika in the middle. The pics will be posted very soon, when Ingie, Laura and Luke will arrive at Ingie´s place this evening. They are all great!!! :mikalove: At the end Ingie and I got a picture with him and I finally asked him if he would write something for me which I will get as a tattoo. He said "Ok girl, here we go!" Grabbed my book and wrote the sentence 3 times and added "...just in case you know! Show me when you have it." Then he left the tent and everyone was brought out of the tent by the security.

We cleaned the mess we made, had a cigarette and another glass of wine to calm down. Then Curtis, Max and Ed entered the tent. Later Joy came as well and we talked a bit and Luke showed her the pictures to evidence what they missed just a few minutes before :naughty:

Had a little problem with my car...again (second time ever and second time at a Mika gig). My battery was empty and I couldn´t start the engine anymore. Luckily it worked when we came back to car so everything´s fine now! :thumb_yello: We were back at my place around 3am. I´m just back from driving Rose to the airport. I´m sooooo damn tired and need to go to work this afternoon :doh: NICE!

Anyway, I want to thank everyone again who made this M&G so special! We loved it, I assume you loved it as well and -most important- he loved it soooo much (have a look at this twitter and you can see) :wub2: I´m quite sad that I couldn´t spend so much time with my dear friends in the queue...but you know the reasons and I´ll meet a few of you next week for Avenches :huglove: Thanks to Ingie, Luke, Laura, Niko, Rose and Sabine! It was a pleasure to have you as my guests. Love you guys! :huglove:

No he will get those next week.

And apparently people who had no wristband thought Mika requested them to come im but that is not what happened. I was asked by team M if I was ok with letting everybody outside in and I said I was as long as they would behave. So that is the story really.

Anyways, more when I get home. I don't usually report but think this asks for one. :naughty:

Wow! does it mean that more people could come in in the end? How many people were there? (I wish I could be there but unfortunately we were heading to the South of France. My son and I wouldn't have minded to divert a bit towards the East though :naughty:)

Im looking forward to reading your reports, see your pictures and watch your videos!

just quickly, before we're off to our holiday in switzerland: yes, mika did the very beginning of overrated... just one chorus, then he told the band to stop. i'm uploading it right now on yt, anyway i hope i have the right video, my netbook is too slow to play the hq videos from my camera! :teehee:

he was in a good mood at the gig... i loved all the little changes he had done to the songs! :wub2: and he must've said some very funny things too, got the audience laughing several times but of course i didn't understand what he said in french. :rolls_eyes: marion said that he joked about his age/upcoming 30th bday a few times.

and of course the m&g was lovely, he had such a huge smile on his face! :wub2: thanks ingie, miri & co. for organizing! :flowers2:

will try to write a full report from switzerland tonight. :wink2:

It's never easy to organize anything when Mika is concerned, everyone gets way too emotional. It's easier to hate the messenger than to take a minute and think of where the message came from. You were given instructions and were expected to respect them.

Perhaps people should also take a moment to consider that there wouldn't have been a party to celebrate Mika's birthday at all had it not been arranged by members of MFC before they start calling people ugly names and scream and cry to Mika like children who've had their toys taken away. It seems there are still many people out there who did not read Mika's anti-bullying post or somehow think it doesn't apply to them. *le sigh* Anyway, all's well that ends well eh? I am glad everyone was able to get in, including the locals and a rep from Korea's Mikaholix. It sounds like Mika was extremely pleased and that's the whole point isn't it? :wub2:

Thanks for your report Miri. Saw the lovely pic of the group of you on FB. Hope to join you one of these summers.

just quickly, before we're off to our holiday in switzerland: yes, mika did the very beginning of overrated... just one chorus, then he told the band to stop.

Why? WHY? Why can't he just play the song? We've been waiting 6.5 years to hear it. Just play the flippin song already!! :naughty: