2013 - Foire Aux Vins Festival in Colmar, FRANCE - 11 August - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

mari62

INTERVIEW : Soundcloud

Foire aux vins de Colmar : écoutez l'interview de Mika réalisée quelques minutes avant son concert

https://soundcloud.com/user3466227/foire-aux-vins-de-colmar

Mika a fait coquille quasi complète hier soir à la Foire aux vins de Colmar. Il était précédé par Assaf Avidan. Mika qui a fait à Colmar son dernier concert en France de l’année. Il a rencontré les journalistes quelques minutes avant de monter sur scène. Ecoutez son interview (Mika était au micro d’Emmanuel Didierjean).

:bow: Could anyone translate please ?

I made a translation, sorry my english is not so good. It is also a bit weird as you don't have the questions in the soundcloud recording (except for the one about inspiration), only Mika's answers.. Anyway, here is my translation ;)

It is one of my favorite festivals in France. Also it’s… In the U.S., it is called a shed, a baseball shed. It is like a kind of amphitheater, in the summer, it feels great for an artist to have such a contact with the public all around, almost at 360°, well 180… Hmmm. Yes it’s great, it’s like a circus.

I am a bit confused by the accent, this is the only thing, to me it sounds like the accent from Quebec. Everybody gets upset when I say that and I don’t know why because both accents are beautiful. No they are very warmhearted and fabulous as an audience, they completely take part in the show, they sing, they dance. I already write in French, I already have 3 songs in French for the new album, in addition to the other songs that I have already written for the album in English and well I have fun when I sing in French. It is like being two persons at the same time, it allows a lot of musical possibilities. Being able to sing in French is really a great pleasure.

This time, the album is different. It sounds very pop but also very original (he says “organique” in French.. not quite sure what he means sorry) as the 70s or 60s pop albums.

And I am truly excited about that because in my opinion, when you think about “organique” music, most people immediately think about folk and stuff like that but I think that doing a very very pop album but which would not be overproduced is very exciting, I like it. It is something new because the last album I made was very much produced, and well now of course I am doing the opposite. I think that there are so many melodies in the songs, this is how I work, I put one melody on top of another. I can also do it on stage, it is not only dance music to which you only have to press play, no, we are musicians, we play everything, we sing everything and yes.. it does work pretty well on stage.

You said you had difficulties finding the inspiration for your last album. What about your next album ? Was it easier to find the inspiration ?

I found inspiration quite easily. I don’t know why but I am not the one who has to find the reason why. I don’t ask myself too many questions, when I feel like I can do it, I put great efforts into it otherwise it would be foolish and I would be wasting my time.

If I have changed? Well, I changed my Shampoo. Aside from this, no. You don’t change, you become… well I know I am very lucky to be doing what I do in my life. I have a huge freedom. I’ll turn 30 in 6 days, I was eleven when I got my first job in classical music, on the London Royal Opera stage in London and now, next week I’ll be 30, I have been on tour or recording for almost 9 years, I know that… I think to myself… I pinch myself… I think waouh, merde… I feel privileged. I think you have to evolve, not necessarily to change. You may change but when people ask me wether I’ve changed, I always feel like they are looking for something negative.

I like the program tonight, I appreciate the artist who will play, Asaf Avidan, and of course I know some of his songs very well but I like the fact that an Israelite and a Lebanese share a stage tonight, in Colmar, thank you for that privilege, it’s cool.

Yesterday, Sziget in Budapest, tonight Colmar and two days ago, I was at the Faroe Islands, so 3 shows. In the Faroe Islands, 35 % of the population came to the show.

I am delighted to be here for the third time, thank you very much, I have to get prepared.

:mikadas:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I made a translation, sorry my english is not so good. It is also a bit weird as you don't have the questions in the soundcloud recording (except for the one about inspiration), only Mika's answers.. Anyway, here is my translation ;)

It is one of my favorite festivals in France. Also it’s… In the U.S., it is called a shed, a baseball shed. It is like a kind of amphitheater, in the summer, it feels great for an artist to have such a contact with the public all around, almost at 360°, well 180… Hmmm. Yes it’s great, it’s like a circus.

I am a bit confused by the accent, this is the only thing, to me it sounds like the accent from Quebec. Everybody gets upset when I say that and I don’t know why because both accents are beautiful. No they are very warmhearted and fabulous as an audience, they completely take part in the show, they sing, they dance. I already write in French, I already have 3 songs in French for the new album, in addition to the other songs that I have already written for the album in English and well I have fun when I sing in French. It is like being two persons at the same time, it allows a lot of musical possibilities. Being able to sing in French is really a great pleasure.

This time, the album is different. It sounds very pop but also very original (he says “organique” in French.. not quite sure what he means sorry) as the 70s or 60s pop albums.

And I am truly excited about that because in my opinion, when you think about “organique” music, most people immediately think about folk and stuff like that but I think that doing a very very pop album but which would not be overproduced is very exciting, I like it. It is something new because the last album I made was very much produced, and well now of course I am doing the opposite. I think that there are so many melodies in the songs, this is how I work, I put one melody on top of another. I can also do it on stage, it is not only dance music to which you only have to press play, no, we are musicians, we play everything, we sing everything and yes.. it does work pretty well on stage.

You said you had difficulties finding the inspiration for your last album. What about your next album ? Was it easier to find the inspiration ?

I found inspiration quite easily. I don’t know why but I am not the one who has to find the reason why. I don’t ask myself too many questions, when I feel like I can do it, I put great efforts into it otherwise it would be foolish and I would be wasting my time.

If I have changed? Well, I changed my Shampoo. Aside from this, no. You don’t change, you become… well I know I am very lucky to be doing what I do in my life. I have a huge freedom. I’ll turn 30 in 6 days, I was eleven when I got my first job in classical music, on the London Royal Opera stage in London and now, next week I’ll be 30, I have been on tour or recording for almost 9 years, I know that… I think to myself… I pinch myself… I think waouh, merde… I feel privileged. I think you have to evolve, not necessarily to change. You may change but when people ask me wether I’ve changed, I always feel like they are looking for something negative.

I like the program tonight, I appreciate the artist who will play, Asaf Avidan, and of course I know some of his songs very well but I like the fact that an Israelite and a Lebanese share a stage tonight, in Colmar, thank you for that privilege, it’s cool.

Yesterday, Sziget in Budapest, tonight Colmar and two days ago, I was at the Faroe Islands, so 3 shows. In the Faroe Islands, 35 % of the population came to the show.

I am delighted to be here for the third time, thank you very much, I have to get prepared.

:mikadas:

Thank you very much!!! I read it while listening, trying to *understand* French.. :aah: it kinda worked :teehee:

Oh I hadn't heard about this itw

Working on it :wink2: , it's been a while

Also thank you! :huglove:

Thank you very much for the translation !!! :flowers2:

I don't know this INTERVIEW article already has been posted to this thread or not yet.... it's a similar to the Soundcloud AUDIO INTERVIEW, I think.

post-18723-0-94223500-1484571804_thumb.jpg

« À 30 ans, j’ai de la chance de faire ce que j’aime dans ma vie »

http://www.lalsace.fr/actualite/2013/08/11/a-30-ans-j-ai-de-la-chance-de-faire-ce-que-j-aime-dans-ma-vie

L’artiste libano-américain est revenu très brièvement sur son escapade colmarienne et a livré quelques pistes sur son nouvel album, une demi-heure avant le début du concert, dimanche à la Foire aux vins de Colmar

Mika, comment vous sentez-vous avant votre concert ?

Je suis un peu nerveux. C’est la troisième fois que je viens ici, je trouve que ce festival a un esprit unique. C’est un de mes festivals préférés. Le Théâtre de plein air est en forme de terrain de base-ball, comme un amphithéâtre. C’est top, c’est comme un cirque !

Vous qui connaissez bien maintenant la Foire aux vins, quel est votre rapport à l’Alsace ?

Je trouve que l’accent alsacien ressemble à l’accent québécois ! Mais quand je dis ça, les gens n’aiment pas trop (rires) ! Plus sérieusement, je trouve les Alsaciens très chaleureux, c’est toujours un public qui chante, qui danse !

Vous avez dit avoir eu une panne d’inspiration au moment de la création de votre dernier album. Avez-vous rencontré un problème de ce type pour création du nouveau ?

L’inspiration m’est venue assez facilement, mais ce n’est pas à moi de me poser ce genre de questions. Pour l’instant, j’ai déjà écrit trois chansons en français. Je m’amuse beaucoup quand je les chante. Concernant l’album, il sera très pop mais aussi très organique comme la pop des années 60-70. L’album ne sera pas très produit, contrairement au précédent ( The Origin of love ) qui est très produit. Il y a tellement de mélodies dans mes partitions, ça ne sera pas seulement de la « dance ». On joue tout, on chante tout.

Un Israélien et un Libanais ensemble à Colmar, c’est cool !

Est-ce que vous avez changé, deux ans après votre dernière venue ?

Euh, à part mon shampooing, non (rires) ! La semaine prochaine, j’aurai 30 ans, je me dis « Wouah », j’ai vraiment de la chance de faire ce que j’aime dans ma vie.

Une dernière question… Pourquoi portez-vous un brassard bleu à votre bras gauche ?

Ah ! Euh… Parce que j’aime bien la couleur (rires) ! En fait, je porte un brassard pour jouer au piano, pour me maintenir le bras parce que j’ai une mauvaise technique qui me fait mal au muscle. Mais maintenant, c’est devenu un look ! Et avant de vous quitter, j’ajouterai que j’aime bien qu’un Israélien, Asaf Avidan, et qu’un Libanais, moi, soient à Colmar ce soir (N.D.L.R. : hier soir), c’est cool ! »

Edited by Kumazzz

logo.png

EN VIDEO - Cinq minutes exclusives en compagnie de Mika

http://www.lalsace.fr/actualite/2013/08/11/en-video-cinq-minutes-exclusives-en-compagnie-de-mika

Mika a offert une interview exclusive d'une vingtaine de minutes avant le début de son concert. A peine arrivé de Hongrie, il ne manque pas de plaisanter et de sourire.

sorry, I can't download the video....

PROFESSIONAL video : "Comme le Soleil" "Grace Kelly" "Relax"

logo.png

http://www.lalsace.fr/actualite/2013/08/11/en-video-et-de-trois-pour-mika

Mika est venu tout droit de Hongrie pour enflammer à nouveau la coquille colmarienne. Durant plus d'une heure et demi, son show magistral et coloré a conquis pour la troisième fois les spectateurs.

It's the same interview posted by @Elaire14

MFCers are famous - they're talking about us in local papers, especially l'Alsace. Now we will all need to hire bodyguards and start wearing sunglasses at night :mf_rosetinted: .

Here are a few links:

http://www.lalsace.fr/actualite/2013/08/11/a-30-ans-j-ai-de-la-chance-de-faire-ce-que-j-aime-dans-ma-vie

For those of you who weren't there and who are wondering why I followed Mika around the room, I was told to do so to take pictures and moderate everything.

Now I am done with all the ****.

I filmed quite a few songs but will have to see if I'll upload them:thumb_yello:

For those of you who weren't there and who are wondering why I followed Mika around the room, I was told to do so to take pictures and moderate everything.

Or you know they could just try minding their own business because what people were doing at a M&G they did not attend has nothing to do with them. :pinkbow:

I´ve seen the vids, and I´m glad everything worked out and people had a great time in the end. That´s what matters. I know the sh*t Ingie needed to go through to get things working properly. It would have been nice from people to be thankful instead of acting just like beyotchs all over twitter and stuff, but oh well... At least now everyone showed their true colours.

I know I´m late but now I´ll try to write my report. RL caught me when I came home on Monday and yesterday I had to work late shift, so I´ll do it now before I´ll go for a nightshift. I have a really good vid from the M&G but it´s too large and I still try to upload it on Youtube. Thanks to Eriko I´ll find a solution but I need time to concentrate on that.

My trip started on Saturday noon and I drove to Hasi´s place where I met Rose, Ingie, Laura, Luke and Bubbles. We were spending some time together, went to a Greek restaurent had some wonderful Food and had lot´s of fun. Later we watching Laura who baked tons of cupcakes before we all went to sleep. In the early morning Rose and I drove to Colmar and met the early queue. After a while we went to Graciosa´s hotel and had breakfast with Graciosa, Mr G, Iseeyou. Then we went back to the queue put on some sun milk and after opening the doors we went to the express pass entrence. At first I was a bit shocked that it seemed no one would move all day but after some time it was possible to walk around a bit and talk to all the friends who were on other places. It was really hot and sunny - a big difference to the winter gig I attended last year.

When we got into the venue half of the frontrow was already full with friends or family of the staff which surprised me. But we still got nice places in frontrow on the right side.

Asaf Avidan wasn´t my cup of tea but I tried to do my best to Support him as there were his fans around us and I know how bad I feel when fans of other artists show me they don´t like Mika. Asaf wanted to sing one more song but wasn´t allowed by the managment of the Festival. Then Mika´s stage set was built up. I never saw them work that fast, they only needed 25 minutes and then the band came on stage.

I think nearly everything about the gig is already said. Before Lola he did this audience singing part again and we did very well so he made it more and more difficult until we sang wrong and he felt like a winner and showed us his butt ..................... it was so funny. I think it was before Billy Brown when he sat on the piano to demonstrate us how the shows will be like when he is old. Or did I get this part wrong? He told us he would sing Relax only in a low voice and he would Play piano very slow in the future :teehee:. He was in a very very good mood, yes I would say he was on fire as the audience was on fire too. For me it was my best concert until now!

After the concert we went to the Exit on the right side of the stage and security brought us to the place where the M&G was planned. I have nothing more to say about the M&G than it is already said here.

I really really want to thank Ingie and Co, Deb and Team Mika for making it happen, for all the hard work you did for it. I´m so sorry for all the bad things you experienced because of it :huglove:. You deserve so much respect!

After the M&G we went to the hotel slept for a few hours and then we drove back home.

I´m so much on my Mika cloud and I never want to leave it again. :wub2:

finally managed to upload all my pix & videos. :wink2:

photos: http://s778.photobucket.com/user/mikafanclub_de/library/2013%2008%2011%20Colmar

some of my faves here:

DSC04354_zps5c3fb828.jpg

DSC04346_zps550a9301.jpg

DSC04376_zps546eba13.jpg

the m+g tent from outside:

DSC04403_zps4c773387.jpg

present from the german fans and one of laura's delicious polka dot cupcakes:

DSC04380_zps2966558c.jpg

and my videos - as always, I've mostly filmed the talking / new parts - only of Lollipop and BB i have the whole songs:

show intro:

talk before Blue Eyes:

talk & Billy Brown:

talk & beginning of LYWID:

talk / Big Girl intro:

Underwater crowd singing:

EMD piano intro:

end of Happy Ending:

talk during Lola intro:

piano ending of Lola / start of SITM:

Love Today intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGQJ12IBEUg

Love Today "la voix du Max": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2q2Mcbttsc

Overrated clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSxXN7w7oKQ

talk after Overrated & Celebrate intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4phQz4FeFs

Lollipop (funny intro): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCqOiqNSlfg

M&G bday cake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ95MABxy08

M&G at our table: http://youtu.be/-A2v5Y9LleQ

Edited by mellody