Rock Oz'Arènes Festival, Avenches, Switzerland - Aug. 17, 2013 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

Video & Photos

ova88xf3.jpg

ob7xuafq.jpg

8qstgb26.jpg

9def386m.jpg

xyj9p8de.jpg

j52wwhel.jpg sorry, I cut Mika's Hand :aah:

s7gyptyp.jpg yay and Found :thumb_yello:

8o9pxy5n.jpg as sweet as the girl Mika spotlighting :teehee:

4n3ozgq9.jpg

ujwh2n3a.jpg

wv46q27i.jpg

v5znk3ii.jpg

make all my images in album on facebook

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, I´m writing my report in the lunchbreak now. I´m still not back in real life so why not to write a report? :thumb_yello:

Awww thank you so much Hasi for your report !!! Yeah the "gleiche Scheisse wie in Colmar" thing is quite funny !! Plus you must have been standing close to the camera as your voice is really loud and clear :aah:

And yeah, I also think Mika noticed what you said, he looked quite amused btw.

Anyway, the whole thing gig + M and G seems to have been a blast and I am so happy for all of you who got the chance to be there, and so thankful you are now sharing.

I think the supporting act was french group sexion d'assaut... :thumbdown: oh well how can I put it ? they make a kind of agressive hip hop for angry teenagers imo. Never heard of them being openly homophobic though but true they pretend they are playing rough, own Paris and make fun of the police in the few songs I've heard on the radio... must have been weird to hear them just before Mika :shocked:, they are so negative while he is exactly the opposite.

I've got 2 tiny questions : I did not get in the vids, what the 3 boxes the Corean fan offered hil were ? In one of them, there are like 4 bottles I think and they both say it is related to a gig in Spain ??

And do you know what are the 2 dvds he got ??

Ok... I admit it.. I want to know everything :naughty:

BYe for now MFCers :mikadas:

Ok, I´m writing my report in the lunchbreak now. I´m still not back in real life so why not to write a report? :thumb_yello:

I started my way to Daeni´s place on Friday after work and arrived 3 hours later. Karin, her hubby and Saskia were there already. We had some work out at the trampoline before Angela, Grazia, Valeria and Luisa arrived. Before we went to bed everybody worked on their cards/gifts for Mika. On Saturday we started our trip to Avenches around 7am and arrived shortly before 8am. Queue was about 14 people already. The area was very fan-friendly, which means a café, restaurant, supermarket and toilets were very close :thumb_yello: We checked out the area and Daeni found a parking spot directly at the backstage entrance where we had the presents. They opened the area at 4pm. It was quite a mess for me cause I had a 2-days ticket for Thursday and Saturday (couldn´t get days off for Thursday and Friday :sneaky2:). I asked at the ticket office before if I need any wristband or something and they said: “No you´ll fine with the ticket!”. Yeah obviously not. Never trust “I-do-this-****ing-job-only-because-of-the-money-so-what-the-****-do-you-want-from-me”-people behind the ticket office desk. OF COURSE I needed a wristband and a friendly guy from the security went to this office with me again and I got my wristband. Thankfully he was german and I told him about the chaos in the morning and that I couldn´t get days off at work and that it was the reason I´m only here today. He gave me his email address and said I´ll get half of the ticket price back. Isn´t that kind? After a really short “Awww”-moment it rapidly went to a “WTF-I-will-end-up-somewhere-in-the-back-without-my-mika-friends-FUUUUCK”-mood and was close to cry and then I decided to run! Thanks to Karin, Saskia and Daeni who saved a spot for me in the front row! Was so happy! It was sooo hot, I felt like I ended in hell. The first band of the evening was quite good. They mixed electronic music with kind of jazz music. The second band or whatever they call themselves really wasn´t my taste in music as I prefer techno or dance. It was french (I don´t speak french) Hip Hop. I asked myself in a 2-minutes-rhythm “WHY?!” Yesterday I found out that they are homophob and that they had very very bad lyrics in their songs about gay people. Years ago they said something like: “We´re 100% homophob!”. Everytime I think about it I get so angry about the festival management. How could they only think about getting both acts on stage on the same day?! Anyway….Mika was about to come on stage. Maybe it was just me, but when he entered I immediately saw that he was in a very good mood! Never seen him this powerful in quite a while. He loved it from the very first moment. In my opinion we had too much things planned. Needed so much time for everything like balloons, confetti, party hat, taking pics, dancing….I´m not that multi-tasking. I just wanted to enjoy the gig itself. I tried my best anyway :wink2:

After the show we got wristbands for the aftershow party. We managed to get the gifts out of the car and backstage. Saskia and I prepared the self-made cake with 30 candles. Then someone said “He´s coming!” I only answered: “No.” Yeah and there he was throwing confetti all over us. That didn´t calm me down as we still needed to light all this candles. I learnt from Colmar that it´s good to have more lighters with you…just in case. Bla blab la, it didn´t work the way I planned it. So that was my silly sentence “Gleiche Scheiße wie in Colmar!” LOL which means “same **** like in Colmar”….brilliant. I should learn to shut my mouth when I see like a thousand cameras lenses. He thought the same when he heard “scheiße” LOL cause he looked a bit weird. The moment when he received the gift was soooo special. His reaction was priceless. I don’t lie when I say that I will never ever forget this moment for the rest of my life. In this moment I was so grateful for everything he gives us with his music and his awesome and kind personality. And I looked at the smiling MFC and thought “Thanks to this tall guy next to me I know all you crazy and lovely people!” I was smiling all the time and forgot that I was crying during WAG-confetti-rain cause it was so emotional and I didn´t want it to end. The last year was incredible!! I also had the chance to give my little silly gift and he laughed…so I guess he likes them. Not comparable to the ROH seat of course haha!

Anyway…I ended up with a bottle of champagne in my hand cause there weren´t any glasses left. I sat on the pool with champagne and a cigarette. I was happy LOL Craig was testing “my” champagne when he passed Nina, Saskia and me and was like “Ok, it´s good. Go for it!”. I had the chance to talk to Joy. She´s so lovely. Will miss her and the rest of the band! I really hope it wasn´t their last show with Mika! I also got the opportunity to thank Tim for all those amazing shows. He replied: “Well that´s our job, we should thank you!” and bowed. Awww it was an amazing experience and I´m really glad I had the chance to be in Avenches for Mika´s 30th birthday! After I came back home yesterday I slept the whole day..and guess what? I´m still tired :aah:

Thank you Deb, Christine and Karin :huglove: (and anyone else I forgot) and thanks to all of you lovely people who made it such a great night! And Daeni :huglove:, Thank you for everything, couldn´t have done this gig without you!

:group_hug:

This was actually great. If they had their “We´re 100% homophob!” attitude on stage and after that Mika went to the stage in all his power it just showed how stupid their attitude was. :thumb_yello:

This moment was so wonderful that even us who weren't there with you felt it and will remember for the rest of our lives.

I don't know what your crazy little gift was, but if I heard well it made him admit he looks like Buffo Baffuto when he grows mustache.:naughty: So :thumb_yello: He didn't have to try, we already knew. He just had to check out around here. :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks for the report.

my concert report. Please excuse the error, only a little English

Mika Rock OZ Arenes Avenches

Tomorrow's my day started at 05:15. My night was short I was only about 2 hours in bed. First I had to have a coffee at all to be only growing. Then at 07:00 clock we went. We, Karin, Miri and Saskia, Luisa, Valeria, Grazia, Angela and I were on our way to Avenches. Shortly before 08:00 clock we were arrived at Avenches. There were already 14 fans. So I was given the number 15 We walked around the arena and made us think about the intake on the steep stairs. Now the long wait began. But since sooooo many great people were there, the time passed very quickly. Was so nice to see them again Nina, Daniela, Isa, Nathalie and all others. (Sorry, I've forgotten many names again.) At 16:00 the doors opened. Shortly before, there was great chaos because it would not work out with the queue in rows. All in all, we went well with the inlet. Thank you Angela, Daniela, Saskia, Miri and Karin I also had a place in the front row. Now it was down murderously hot in the arena. The sun was in full force and through the arena pressed the extreme heat down. It felt like at least 50 C. It was really a moment where I thought, now I'm going to faint, I was so hot, thirst, heat. My legs have already started to tingle. My life in trouble was the world best security man standing in front of the stage he was at this very moment with a garden hose and squirt water into the people. In general, the security standing in front of the stage was the best of times. Several times they have come out with a hose, drinking water and ice have spread, have tried to help with the problem Flayer, took photos of us when we asked them. Thanks to this security group. I have been to in concert. But we have never been so well looked after!

At 18:00 started the first band. Caravan Palace. They make music in the direction of electro swing. Was great through out, sometimes had something to langfädige passages. Great that finally something Happened on the stage and the time goes faster. The group was good, and brought good mood in the arena.

Started at 21:00 Sexion D 'Assout. A hip hop band. Not really to my taste but some songs were great. Also one of the singers really has a special and great voice. You give people a heated again right. The problem here was rather their young and very unfriendly fans.

Shortly after 23:00 clock, it came down to it and Mika came on stage. :wub2:From then on there was no holding back more anyway. Mika shone on the stage. What happened during the show you can see a thousand times better than youtube videos than I can ever put it into words here. And the delivery of gifts are so much better to see than to describe. Only as much as Karin said, here then you hand him the gift of my heart threatened to explode. I have to be several weeks before considering what I say and practiced and practiced and when Mika then stood before me, I managed barely a word. I thank Karin, you helped me there. Was very nice. Incredible! I hope one day I'll take a better word, a sentence out when Mika then stands before me. After passing the gifts, I went out of the tent and was with the Miri talked about the events. As Tim walked past us and I took the opportunity to me to get an autograph. Tim was very nice, but seemed a little stressed out, then went on quickly. Since Joy came out and has Miri recognizes and immediately went on to Miri. They then welcomed me very warmly, then by Joy I got an autograph. Still later, Max and Tim were back out fans with us and this time also not so stressed. Then you could be with us taking pictures. Daniela and I were standing there hiss Tim and Max Max said this feels like a sandwich and Tim said, more of Fanwich :thumb_yello: The band was so extremely nice and patient. Many autograph and photo requests met and talked with many of us. Thanks a million for it. Extremely beautiful everything was. I am completely overwhelmed by all the events of recent days. I want to thank you all sincerely that I had the privilege Mika to pass the MFC gift. :wub2::group_hug: Unending thanks! It is indescribably good to be part of the MFC. Thank you all!! Thank you to all my guests Saskia, Karin, Joseph, Miri, Louisa, Valeria, Grazia, Angela & Daniela. Thank you for the loving gifts. Please excuse if I was a bit stressed, was an intense week and I had too little sleep for days. I hope you forgive me if I have some time answered gezickt. Was never meant evil.

Thanks for your report, it is great. And it is wonderful that you could Mika give the gift:thumb_yello:

Thanks to Saskia and all others for the great pics and vids:huglove::huglove:

I´m still not back in real life so why not to write a report? :thumb_yello:

I started my way to Daeni´s place on Friday after work and arrived 3 hours later. Karin, her hubby and Saskia were there already. We had some work out at the trampoline before Angela, Grazia, Valeria and Luisa arrived. Before we went to bed everybody worked on their cards/gifts for Mika. On Saturday we started our trip to Avenches around 7am and arrived shortly before 8am. Queue was about 14 people already. The area was very fan-friendly, which means a café, restaurant, supermarket and toilets were very close :thumb_yello: We checked out the area and Daeni found a parking spot directly at the backstage entrance where we had the presents. They opened the area at 4pm. It was quite a mess for me cause I had a 2-days ticket for Thursday and Saturday (couldn´t get days off for Thursday and Friday :sneaky2:). I asked at the ticket office before if I need any wristband or something and they said: “No you´ll fine with the ticket!”. Yeah obviously not. Never trust “I-do-this-****ing-job-only-because-of-the-money-so-what-the-****-do-you-want-from-me”-people behind the ticket office desk. OF COURSE I needed a wristband and a friendly guy from the security went to this office with me again and I got my wristband. Thankfully he was german and I told him about the chaos in the morning and that I couldn´t get days off at work and that it was the reason I´m only here today. He gave me his email address and said I´ll get half of the ticket price back. Isn´t that kind? After a really short “Awww”-moment it rapidly went to a “WTF-I-will-end-up-somewhere-in-the-back-without-my-mika-friends-FUUUUCK”-mood and was close to cry and then I decided to run! Thanks to Karin, Saskia and Daeni who saved a spot for me in the front row! Was so happy! It was sooo hot, I felt like I ended in hell. The first band of the evening was quite good. They mixed electronic music with kind of jazz music. The second band or whatever they call themselves really wasn´t my taste in music as I prefer techno or dance. It was french (I don´t speak french) Hip Hop. I asked myself in a 2-minutes-rhythm “WHY?!” Yesterday I found out that they are homophob and that they had very very bad lyrics in their songs about gay people. Years ago they said something like: “We´re 100% homophob!”. Everytime I think about it I get so angry about the festival management. How could they only think about getting both acts on stage on the same day?! Anyway….Mika was about to come on stage. Maybe it was just me, but when he entered I immediately saw that he was in a very good mood! Never seen him this powerful in quite a while. He loved it from the very first moment. In my opinion we had too much things planned. Needed so much time for everything like balloons, confetti, party hat, taking pics, dancing….I´m not that multi-tasking. I just wanted to enjoy the gig itself. I tried my best anyway :wink2:

After the show we got wristbands for the aftershow party. We managed to get the gifts out of the car and backstage. Saskia and I prepared the self-made cake with 30 candles. Then someone said “He´s coming!” I only answered: “No.” Yeah and there he was throwing confetti all over us. That didn´t calm me down as we still needed to light all this candles. I learnt from Colmar that it´s good to have more lighters with you…just in case. Bla blab la, it didn´t work the way I planned it. So that was my silly sentence “Gleiche Scheiße wie in Colmar!” LOL which means “same **** like in Colmar”….brilliant. I should learn to shut my mouth when I see like a thousand cameras lenses. He thought the same when he heard “scheiße” LOL cause he looked a bit weird. The moment when he received the gift was soooo special. His reaction was priceless. I don’t lie when I say that I will never ever forget this moment for the rest of my life. In this moment I was so grateful for everything he gives us with his music and his awesome and kind personality. And I looked at the smiling MFC and thought “Thanks to this tall guy next to me I know all you crazy and lovely people!” I was smiling all the time and forgot that I was crying during WAG-confetti-rain cause it was so emotional and I didn´t want it to end. The last year was incredible!! I also had the chance to give my little silly gift and he laughed…so I guess he likes them. Not comparable to the ROH seat of course haha!

Anyway…I ended up with a bottle of champagne in my hand cause there weren´t any glasses left. I sat on the pool with champagne and a cigarette. I was happy LOL Craig was testing “my” champagne when he passed Nina, Saskia and me and was like “Ok, it´s good. Go for it!”. I had the chance to talk to Joy. She´s so lovely. Will miss her and the rest of the band! I really hope it wasn´t their last show with Mika! I also got the opportunity to thank Tim for all those amazing shows. He replied: “Well that´s our job, we should thank you!” and bowed. Awww it was an amazing experience and I´m really glad I had the chance to be in Avenches for Mika´s 30th birthday! After I came back home yesterday I slept the whole day..and guess what? I´m still tired :aah:

Thank you Deb, Christine and Karin :huglove: (and anyone else I forgot) and thanks to all of you lovely people who made it such a great night! And Daeni :huglove:, Thank you for everything, couldn´t have done this gig without you!

:group_hug:

WTF? :doh: What a bunch of idiots. I hope Mika kicked their butts backstage; Maybe that's why he was in a good mood? lol

Thanks Miri and everyone for your reports!

WTF? :doh: What a bunch of idiots. I hope Mika kicked their butts backstage

Found out about the homophobia topic on wikipedia. You can also find it in the english wiki version but it doesn´t contain as many details as the german one. Anyway... I think there wasn´t any trouble backstage. At least we/I didn´t saw any aggressive behaviour :thumb_yello:

Found out about the homophobia topic on wikipedia. You can also find it in the english wiki version but it doesn´t contain as many details as the german one. Anyway... I think there wasn´t any trouble backstage. At least we/I didn´t saw any aggressive behaviour :thumb_yello:

I wouldn't believe Mika would actually start a fight hehe That was just a bit of my odd sense of humor ;)

thanks everyone for the reports, pix and videos! :flowers2: so, here's my report...

i love planning things in advance. and i love it even more if everything works out like planned. from this point of view, most of what happened in avenches would've been a disaster, since everything was completely chaotic and whatever the original plans might've been, it all came different. still, like a miracle, despite all this chaos everything turned out totally amazing! :wub2:

first thing that went wrong was the queueing. as the others already reported, most mfcers arrived early, and since it was switzerland we thought the ca. 35-40 of us would be alone until the doors opened and could just build the queue according to the numbers half an hour before. the day was lovely, we had a nice place in the shade, with a bench and a café and restaurant next door. at about 3pm the festival area was closed for the public, and at about 4 the doors opened. the sun was burning so we stayed in the shade for a bit after 3, not being worried, which changed rapidly when more and more people started arriving at the barriers. we hadn't known that the fans of sexion d'assaut were teenagers that wanted to be front row as much as we did! :aah: although i was asked by the others to organize the queue, and tried, i didn't have a chance since none of the non-mfcers would move an inch from their place. we just should've built the queue earlier, then we'd have had a chance to make them queue at the end of the line. but also security said they would simply remove the barriers, and not open them in one certain place - so everyone ended up crowded around the barriers. i was very lucky to be in one of the places where they opened the barriers first, and so i entered the venue right after the french mfcers and nina, and got a lovely place in front row, near the middle. phew!

the first band, caravan palace, was a really pleasant surprise! we were a bit sad first that we had to leave our shady place under the space blankets that we had taped to the barriers so we could sit underneath. :teehee: the sun was still burning like mad! but i soon forgot about that and danced and clapped to their 20's swing style music, really loved it! not every single song, at some times it became too electronic for my liking, but all in all i very much enjoyed their performance.

then there was nearly 1,5 hours until the next band, sexion d'assaut, and during this time we were surrounded by teenagers who got closer and closer, trying to get through to front row. :aah: some mfcers borrowed their places to them, but i didn't dare, for several reasons. very happy about this now, since at times when the band was on stage the pushing behind us became so bad that i probably would've ended up in row 10! :aah: and also daeni told me that some of the fans behind her had made homophobic comments about mika - definitely not giving us reasons to be nice to them! :sneaky2:

the band itself was ok, if it hadn't been for their fans, i might've enjoyed some of their show. a bit too "cool" and badass for my liking, but one of them was rapping so fast sometimes that it reminded me of ice mc, whose song "easy" i had absolutely loved when i was a teenager. so at least they did have some talent.

as soon as this band left the stage, a bunch of mika fans pushed in behind us, and also tried for a bit to get to the front... luckily they weren't as aggressive as the sexion d'assaut fans and gave up at some point. anyway after the first band we didn't get another chance to leave our places for a few minutes, or otherwise they'd have been gone. luckily we were in the shade from about 7:30pm, and the security guys gave us water with ice, so everything was fine. :thumb_yello:

now let me tell you a bit about the plans we'd had for this gig. we (= nearly all mfcers who were going to the gig) had talked on facebook for months already, since daeni had initiated a plan for a birthday surprise for mika during the show. she was in contact with the festival team, and originally our plan would've been to sing a birthday text for mika on elle me dit, with the lyrics being printed out on flyers that looked like candles, and being shown on the big video screens. sadly it turned out that the guy from the festival team that daeni had first been in contact with just pretended he had something to say but really didn't. :sneaky2: daeni got another contact, amelie, who said our plan was too complicated and suggested we should just sing happy birthday at midnight, and they'd help us by showing this info on the videoscreens. she also agreed to flyers, provided we'd print and give them out ourselves. we then also had the idea to add LED-balloons, since the flyers could hardly be seen towards the back of the venue.

so we had 2000 flyers printed with the picture of a candle and instructions, and bought about 400 LED-Balloons. we all shared the cost for those things and had plans for distributing them. nanou offered her help since she wasn't queueing, so our only worry was whether security would let us take this box full of flyers and the hundreds of balloons inside. the french girls who had bought the balloons distributed the packs among us, so it wouldn't be 2-3 people with all the balloons, but 30 people with a few balloons each. and the french girls had also found amelie, who said she'd bring us the flyers to front row if we gave them to her, because she didn't trust security to let them in. sounded like a perfect plan, so that's what we did. well, we never saw those flyers again. :aah::sad:

during the time between sexion d'assaut and mika, another lady from the festival team went to the center of front row to tell them she'd give them a happy birthday banner to hold up for mika, and a cake for him at midnight. when we asked her about the flyers, she said we'd get them 30 minutes before the show. at some point she came back, now telling everyone that singing happy birthday at midnight had to be cancelled and we'd do it at the end of the show instead. and we'd get the flyers 5 minutes before the show. the next info i got from her when asking again was that she had no idea where the flyers were. :aah: and i'd heard that she told the french girls something about a m+g after the show, so i asked her about that and she said we should stay at the barriers after the show, mika's manager would come to pick us up. i told her about the mfc rsvp list we had printed (she wanted to keep it but i objected... thank god, or i bet that would've been lost too! :aah:)... and shortly after, it was showtime already.

(end of part 1... :wink2: - too tired to finish part 2 today, will post that tomorrow)

Edited by mellody

Love this pic! LOVE. Oh, look how he is holding Mel :wub2: Mel the smiling dog!

YEAH - absolutely adorable and wonderful - MIKA's holding his Mel like a baby - the most beautiful photo I've seen for a looong time !! :thumb_yello::wub2:

Love,love

me

Hello there, well another beautiful day,

special thanks to Daeni for her sweetness and availability (I hope to write well because I'm using an online translator XD)

a warm greeting to Daniela my neighbor during the concert event, thank you for your patience during our chats and to Deb who helped me to participate in the beautiful gift we did. I really wanted to interact more with my travel friends (Miri, Mellody & Statue of Liberty) but unfortunately I have a very poor English, really apologize for that...

Thanks for the beautiful photos and video, here mine :)

Angela

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/biggirl69michelangelo/library/colmar%2011%20agosto%202013#/user/biggirl69michelangelo/library/avenches%2017%20ago%202913?sort=3&page=1&_suid=137698966742908317756891259459