Rock Oz'Arènes Festival, Avenches, Switzerland - Aug. 17, 2013 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

Thank you for your kind words :).

You know, you might not be able to share the video, but at least you still have it and you can relive the moment over and over again. I have plenty of videos that I keep for myself because they are like my little treasures. I'm sure there will be many more special Mika moments for you in the future which you'll be able to share with us!:thumb_yello:

Ingie I'm teary now :tears: I do cherish this video :wub2: . Thanks for your kindness too :huglove:

I hope there will be more special moments yes :mikalove:

It's just that it's complicated for me to go to his gigs so it took me since 2007 to finally meet Mika :blush-anim-cl:

I plan to come with two identical chicken next time and tell him my chicken got married :naughty:

I hope he laughs even more and that I have someone I can trust to catch this :wink2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah, i also just HAVE to click on the video every time i see it posted somewhere. :teehee: just showed it to my husband an hour ago, it made him smile too. :biggrin2:

thanks for the explanation! ah, baseball... no wonder i have no idea of that. :teehee:

Thanks for the explanation :thumb_yello:

I can't get enough of that vid either :blush-anim-cl::wub2::fangurl:

Showing it to my husband would make him :mad::aah::doh:

I haven't even shown him my m&g vid :no:

That gift was the perfect gift for Mika , thanks Christine for your wonderful idea :bow:

Now, let's just concentrate on the brilliant show and his amazing reaction to the gift :wub2: There's no need to argue about anything :thumb_yello:

Didn't want you to think I had overlooked your comments, Nina! I'm in total agreement! :flowers2:

I plan to come with two identical chicken next time and tell him my chicken got married :naughty:

I hope he laughs even more and that I have someone I can trust to catch this :wink2:

:lmfao:

Anne, I love your plan! And I hope that it happens sooner rather than later! :thumb_yello:

yeah, i also just HAVE to click on the video every time i see it posted somewhere. :teehee: just showed it to my husband an hour ago, it made him smile too. :biggrin2:

I know. It's embarrassing to think of how many times I've watched these videos... from every different angle. :teehee:

thanks for the explanation! ah, baseball... no wonder i have no idea of that. :teehee:

Sorry, yes, it's a baseball thing, as Christine said. I'm not a baseball fan either, but those sports idioms are such a big part of our language: hit a homerun, knocked it out of the park, scored a touchdown, aced it... you get the idea: you did really good. :wink2:

I'll make a brief report of the concert in Avenches, positive :wub2:

When the concert was announced I rushed to book everything :teehee:

With a group of fans and Daeni who was in contact with the festival, on Facebook we held surprises for the show, Happy Birthday song, LED balloons and flyers.

The day before we spotted the place with friends and studied the fastest way to get to the first row. We got up early to queue :bed: We queueing until 4 pm, we run to the first row and seat, we used our survival blankets to protect us from the heat and sun :mf_rosetinted: The two groups before Mika was not my cup of tea but I had a good laugh. After we give LED balloons to people in the standind zone. Before Mika begins, the lady of the festival came to see us several times for the surprise and said at the end there would be a M & G. Mika arrived on stage throwing LED things from the festival and begins by "Un soleil mal luné" :mikalove: One of the photographer was boring almost always in front of me blocking my view for the first two songs :banghead: The show was magnificent, full of emotion, Mika sang beautifully, he was full of energy. I looked forward to midnight, we inflated and hidden balloons before Origin of Love. The lady of the festival returned hid against the stage with a birthday cake and against the fence, waiting for the signal. On Origin of Love people use mobile phone light and LED Balloons, at midnight the banner "Happy Birthday" was deployed and the lady with the birthday cake stop hidding. When Mika approached the edge of the stage he discovered the surprise, he was touch and at the end of the song he asked to take a picture of the arena with all the light. We sing Happy Birthday in French, he was emotional and like Nina I was crying :tears: At the end of the show Mika was smiling and having tears in his eyes and I was almost crying :tears:

After the show it was the big bazaar because non MFCers were trying to enter backstage with us, but with Nina help near everybody on the list enter except Nanou, her friend, Vanessa, her sister and her mum because they were back of non MFCers but Mika's mum appear and make them enter.

Mika arrived quickly at the M&G with a confetti canon but we have confetti for him too :naughty: I love to see Mika reaction when the MFC present was offered to him, the best present :mikalove: It was a little mess this M&G because we were 43 in a little tent with only one table but it was nice, he stay long time opening gifts, he asked that someone brings us to drink. Then Mika let us went into his tent. We were allowed to stay backstage, we talked with other fans and musicians, took some pictures with them. I leaned against the Jacuzzi view my pictures because I was a little tired, and there I see fans hang out near the tent Mika taking pictures. One of them came to see me and said that Mika is in tank top :doh: I was like :shocked: After few minutes Mark asked us to go out and it was because of the behavior of some fans :sneaky2: But other than that everything went well :wub2:

Edited by Sephira

I read all the reports but didn't find the answer... Where did the pirat hat came from?

i don't remember... just that there were 2 hats, for mika and curtis. if no one else remembers, i'll have a look at hubby's videos (once he downloaded them from his camera :teehee:), maybe i'll find the answer there. :wink2:

i don't remember... just that there were 2 hats, for mika and curtis. if no one else remembers, i'll have a look at hubby's videos (once he downloaded them from his camera :teehee:), maybe i'll find the answer there. :wink2:

Thanks! Not that it's that important, I was just curious:wink2:

I'll make a brief report of the concert in Avenches, positive :wub2:

When the concert was announced I rushed to book everything :teehee:

With a group of fans and Daeni who was in contact with the festival, on Facebook we held surprises for the show, Happy Birthday song, LED balloons and flyers.

The day before we spotted the place with friends and studied the fastest way to get to the first row. We got up early to queue :bed: We queueing until 4 pm, we run to the first row and seat, we used our survival blankets to protect us from the heat and sun :mf_rosetinted: The two groups before Mika was not my cup of tea but I had a good laugh. After we give LED balloons to people in the standind zone. Before Mika begins, the lady of the festival came to see us several times for the surprise and said at the end there would be a M & G. Mika arrived on stage throwing LED things from the festival and begins by "Un soleil mal luné" :mikalove: One of the photographer was boring almost always in front of me blocking my view for the first two songs :banghead: The show was magnificent, full of emotion, Mika sang beautifully, he was full of energy. I looked forward to midnight, we inflated and hidden balloons before Origin of Love. The lady of the festival returned hid against the stage with a birthday cake and against the fence, waiting for the signal. On Origin of Love people use mobile phone light and LED Balloons, at midnight the banner "Happy Birthday" was deployed and the lady with the birthday cake stop hidding. When Mika approached the edge of the stage he discovered the surprise, he was touch and at the end of the song he asked to take a picture of the arena with all the light. We sing Happy Birthday in French, he was emotional and like Nina I was crying :tears: At the end of the show Mika was smiling and having tears in his eyes and I was almost crying :tears:

After the show it was the big bazaar because non MFCers were trying to enter backstage with us, but with Nina help near everybody on the list enter except Nanou, her friend, Vanessa, her sister and her mum because they were back of non MFCers but Mika's mum appear and make them enter.

Mika arrived quickly at the M&G with a confetti canon but we have confetti for him too :naughty: I love to see Mika reaction when the MFC present was offered to him, the best present :mikalove: It was a little mess this M&G because we were 43 in a little tent with only one table but it was nice, he stay long time opening gifts, he asked that someone brings us to drink. Then Mika let us went into his tent. We were allowed to stay backstage, we talked with other fans and musicians, took some pictures with them. I leaned against the Jacuzzi view my pictures because I was a little tired, and there I see fans hang out near the tent Mika taking pictures. One of them came to see me and said that Mika is in tank top :doh: I was like :shocked: After few minutes Mark asked us to go out and it was because of the behavior of some fans :sneaky2: But other than that everything went well :wub2:

Thanks for the report, Eva. I'm glad you enjoyed it :thumb_yello:

According to your videos it probably was during lollipop :wink2:

:thumb_yello: THANKS A MILLION for all your WONDERFUL stuff - detailed reports, pics and vids - it's unbelievable, all of it!! :blush-anim-cl: Thanks also to everybody else for what you have shared in this case - all together we get a realistic pic of how it all was - imo, we all owe you a lot!! :huglove:

Love,love

me

I say, why always the same mod. the focus of the concert? Why is this person give always about the gifts? everywhere.? (They always! ) never makes she take a step back so others to give their gifts. it is clear that I speak the truth, to see the person getting in the video. please control. to see. it is the selfish person in the world. other mod. Please think about it. I'm curious how long it actually deleted my post ... but it is the truth

Thanks to everyone for your reports,pix,and vids :thumb_yello: I'm finally at home,and my trip to Switzerland seems now like a dream :wub2: Like everyone said already,it was one of the best gig,at least for me.I like the Swiss audience,they are very cool and civilized,no pushing,no hysterical screaming,you can really enjoy the show properly,which I did :teehee: Thanks again,Nanou,for making this possible for me,two days before I didn't know if I'd find a ticket :huglove:

I didn't want to queue (too hot :aah:),so I was walking around the beautiful venue until the band before Mika left the stage.Around 10pm I remember I was sitting on a rock,watching at people's legs wandering around,when in front of my eyes appeared a familiar golden retriever,walking very gracefully :wub2:

As for the m&g,now that was a real m&g indeed,and I wanna thanks to everyone who made it possible,I'm sure it wasn't easy to organize that.Big thanks to all the people involved in the bday gift project and the surprises during the show and afterwards :thumb_yello:

There's my videos,I recorded the whole m&g,and all I said during those 30 min. was "Aaahhh" when Mika was almost to burn his chest with the candles :doh:

Warning! :some frames can be closer than you'll expect it! Enjoy! :naughty:

[YOUTUBE]PORYd3kIK-M&feature[/YOUTUBE]

Bday cake on stage & Underwater:

[YOUTUBE]UBwlw3qIBgk&feature[/YOUTUBE]

For the encore,he tried to bring Melachi with him on stage,but she didn't want it :teehee:

[YOUTUBE]MEZaDF9KsGA&feature[/YOUTUBE]

And here's the end of the show:

[YOUTUBE]IrVMH_mUY3A&feature[/YOUTUBE]

I say, why always the same mod. the focus of the concert? Why is this person give always about the gifts? everywhere.? (They always! ) never makes she take a step back so others to give their gifts. it is clear that I speak the truth, to see the person getting in the video. please control. to see. it is the selfish person in the world. other mod. Please think about it. I'm curious how long it actually deleted my post ... but it is the truth

The sole reason there was a meet&greet was to give him the MFC present which was made possible by 100 MFCers. Were you even there?

in case you're talking about me, i wasn't the one who gave mika the roh gift, all i did was get his attention to the right person: daeni, a swiss fan who had contributed to the roh project and had organized our bday surprises with the festival team. she handed him the gift. :wink2:

what i did give mika tho was the book from mfc. the reason for this is that i organized this project from a to z, and spent my personal time and money on that. you're welcome to organize your own mika birthday project on mfc next year, of course then you can hand it to mika yourself. :thumb_yello:

i'm sorry for you if you didn't get to give mika your gift, but please be realistic about the situation - many fans and little time - and don't try to blame me or anyone else for this. if you think this needs further discussion, feel free to dm me. :wink2:

There's my videos,I recorded the whole m&g,and all I said during those 30 min. was "Aaahhh" when Mika was almost to burn his chest with the candles :doh:

Warning! :some frames can be closer than you'll expect it! Enjoy! :naughty:

[YOUTUBE]PORYd3kIK-M&feature[/YOUTUBE]

Oh, thank you so much! You are the star! Video is amazing :huglove:

in case you're talking about me, i wasn't the one who gave mika the roh gift, all i did was get his attention to the right person: daeni, a swiss fan who had contributed to the roh project and had organized our bday surprises with the festival team. she handed him the gift. :wink2:

Yes it was important to us that it was a Swiss fan. We had briefly discussed giving the gift in Colmar for logistical reasons and in that case we would have asked a French fan. Nothing to do with "mods".

Hmm... have you watched the full half-hour videos? Did you see how long Mika spent with the Korean fan(s), watching the video they made for him and giving him gifts? And do you see him spending time with the Italian fans who gave him a gift basket near the end of the half-hour? People may not always tell the full truth but the videos don't lie. Mika's time was not monopolized by any one person. He spoke to many, many fans, while he poured champagne for and received gifts from many of them that night. I'm sorry if you didn't get to give him yours personally, but I don't see anyone being that selfish in the videos. :dunno: